Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Feb 15

Hitman Go

Hitman GO: Definitive Edition Hits PS4, PS Vita February 23rd

Nicolas Verge's Avatar Posted by on Feb 15, 2016 // Community Manager, Square Enix Montréal

Good news, PlayStation Nation — Hitman Go: Definitive Edition will be released on PS4 and PS Vita on February 23rd!

Hitman Go on PS4

If you’ve never heard of it before, Hitman Go is a turn-based strategy/puzzle game set in the Hitman universe, but reinvented as diorama-style set pieces. For $7.99, this revisited edition of Hitman Go features all of the original game’s content and upgrades, which adds up to about 91 turn-based puzzles (some of which are particularly difficult to complete). Long-time Hitman fans will also recognize some old favorites like the Paris Opera from Blood Money, and the St. Petersburg Stakeout mission from Hitman 2: Silent Assassin.

Beyond that, here’s what you really want to know: Yes, the game has a Platinum Trophy! Yes, the game will be cross-buy and cross-save! You’ll also be able to play the way you want to, whether it’s with DualShock 4’s analog stick or touchpad, or from PS Vita’s front touch screen. With its plethora of visual upgrades, Hitman Go has never looked better, and you’ll be able to inspect every detail of it more than ever.

Hitman Go on PS4Hitman Go on PS4

We can’t wait to see what you think of our take on the world of Agent 47. We’re looking forward to reading your comments and hearing your impressions soon!

+ xarienne on February 15th, 2016 at 6:08 am said:

Thank you for bringing it to Vita!!!

+ Nick_Verge on February 15th, 2016 at 11:12 am said:

Being a big fan of the Vita myself, I’m so happy that we’re able to bring the game on Vita too! ;)

+ HussamFelimban on February 15th, 2016 at 6:15 am said:

Hello Square Enix,

Please bring Final Fantasy Adventure, and Rise of Mana to our Western PS Vita.

+ Archacus on February 15th, 2016 at 6:19 am said:

While at it… why not bring a Vita version of Type-0 HD which was exclusive to PS4 because of reasons.

Such a shame that game was massive flop due to wrong platform choice.

+ buffpotato on February 15th, 2016 at 8:55 am said:

Yep. I don’t get it SE. Vita is an incredibly RPG favouring system. Instead of porting an RPG people would actually buy you port random mobile spinoff no one cares about. You already have the game on Vita! You already have the game in English! Just put the two together.

+ PanTheMan16 on February 16th, 2016 at 2:18 am said:

“Vita is an incredibly RPG favouring system.” That’s just your opinion. What makes it especially favoring? That it has analog sticks and buttons? That’s pretty much every console.

For as much as people complain that the Vita “gets no love”, which is absolutely false, why doesn’t anyone ever just express gratitude when it does get it? Sony may not support it anymore, but a lot of other people do.

+ GunnerFCm on February 15th, 2016 at 6:26 am said:

Played a bit of this game on mobile, but its not my preferred gaming platform. I’ll definitely check this out on both Ps4 and Vita! A fun spin on the franchise and well worth a look!

+ luvtoseek on February 15th, 2016 at 12:22 pm said:

Hrm, I’ve never played this franchise… now I’m interested!

+ dkarlowicz10 on February 15th, 2016 at 6:36 am said:

Please bring Tomb raider go to Vita.

+ elchorno on February 15th, 2016 at 7:16 am said:

I second this request!

+ ravenn411 on February 15th, 2016 at 1:27 pm said:

I hope they reconsider this. Though I already have a copy in my iphone.

+ Ninevolts on February 15th, 2016 at 6:41 am said:

Amazing, definitely will grab this.

Please bring original Hitman games to Vita too, Hitman HD Collection Vita!
And Lara Croft Go.

+ MerikRelian on February 15th, 2016 at 6:47 am said:

I’ve been playing Lara Croft GO on my phone and it’s way more entertaining than I initially believed it was going to be. While I’m not much for the Hitman series, I’m glad to see another “GO” style game and will likely be picking this up at launch. I prefer a controller amd my big screen TV over my little phone anyday (I have poor vision so the bigger the better).

Nicolas Verge's Avatar

+ Nicolas Verge on February 16th, 2016 at 1:54 pm said:

The PS4 version really brings the dioramas of Hitman GO to life. They really look like physical objects you can interact with!

+ RSevo09 on February 15th, 2016 at 6:50 am said:

I’ll be buying this for Vita, thanks for supporting the platform!! Lara Croft Go would be sweet.

Also, SquareEnix, if there’s a Vita version of a game that your localizing, please also release it in U.S/EU. No more Adventures of Mana crap, k?

+ Vyprstryke on February 15th, 2016 at 6:50 am said:

Looking forward to playing this on console! I also agree with Lara Croft Go coming at some point =)

+ Mando44646 on February 15th, 2016 at 7:53 am said:

how much? Any more than the $1 I paid on Android and Im not buying. I won’t accept the up-charge that console gamers are expected to pay

+ Mando44646 on February 15th, 2016 at 7:54 am said:

Just noticed the $8 price tag. Yup, not buying. Either price it fairly , or don’t bother

+ Vyprstryke on February 15th, 2016 at 9:08 am said:

You’re missing out

+ luvtoseek on February 15th, 2016 at 12:27 pm said:

I just Googled this; the $1 price was a temporary sale- NOT the retail price. “Price it fairly”?

Be logical… :/

+ Kattatonic on February 16th, 2016 at 12:06 pm said:

ya just screw over all the people who had to work to bring this to the vita, they don’t need money for doing their jobs right?

+ Huntyboy102 on February 15th, 2016 at 8:21 am said:

Thanks for supporting the Vita. Day one buy for me.

+ Nick_Verge on February 15th, 2016 at 11:13 am said:

Thank you!

+ jada42 on February 15th, 2016 at 8:55 am said:

$8? Wtf when it’s been free on mobile devices wow you just love raping us sony

+ Vyprstryke on February 15th, 2016 at 9:22 am said:

It’s 4.99 on mobile…7.99 is netting you 2 versions of the game and trophies.

+ luvtoseek on February 15th, 2016 at 12:30 pm said:

Thank you Vypr, for the reasonable response!

+ Vyprstryke on February 15th, 2016 at 1:28 pm said:

It’d be one thing if it were another Angry Birds on console thing where they want $50 for a $2 game lol but this is super reasonable.

+ brolol07 on February 15th, 2016 at 3:41 pm said:

$4.99 plus in app purchases

+ pablikenemy79 on February 15th, 2016 at 9:25 am said:

Thanks for support the Ps Vita…

Also Square Enix when you have a chance can you bring Tomb Raider Go to Ps Vita please.. Thanks

+ Astroking112 on February 15th, 2016 at 9:36 am said:

It’s really nice to see the Vita version actually mentioned in the title. Many posts don’t do that.

Also, I’d like to second support for Lara Croft GO (Still upset that Type 0 wasn’t released on the platform people were asking for, but I figure it’s too late to get that port now) and a Western release for the other Square Enix games releasing on the Vita in Japan.

+ Elvick_ on February 23rd, 2016 at 7:12 am said:

Hope to see Lara Croft GO in the future too. Thanks for Supporting PS Vita

+ BlueRobotX on February 15th, 2016 at 9:46 am said:

Will this be compatible with the PlayStation TV?

+ Nick_Verge on February 15th, 2016 at 10:55 am said:

+ bajor27 on February 15th, 2016 at 12:59 pm said:

$7.99? Sold!

+ VertigeV on February 15th, 2016 at 1:32 pm said:

+1 For Vita, totally getting this.

+ roccolou on February 15th, 2016 at 5:18 pm said:

The games dynamic sounds interesting, I’m in as soon as my kickstarter raises $8, just kidding.

+ Kharmeister on February 15th, 2016 at 5:45 pm said:

Two years late is better than never, I suppose. Hopefully Tomb Raider GO will follow much sooner than this; part of the reason the Vita has failed to catch on with consumers is because of the long delay between Triple-A releases on mobile.

+ Kharmeister on February 15th, 2016 at 5:49 pm said:

*meant to say “the long delay between Triple-A releases on mobile (and console) and their release on Vita much, much later (if at all).

+ VIDEOgameDROME on February 15th, 2016 at 6:40 pm said:

Thanks for bringing this to Vita! Good stuff. I hope we get the other Go titles too.

+ LockeScythe on February 15th, 2016 at 7:36 pm said:

I loved hitman go on my phone and am thrilled to play this on my Vita/PS4.

I’d love if we could get Mana on Vita and Star Ocean Second Story on PS4.

+ the_greg on February 15th, 2016 at 7:48 pm said:

Did I spot a “Beyond” in that text?

+ Nick_Verge on February 16th, 2016 at 12:26 pm said:

YES! Hoped someone would catch that! BEYOND!

+ cronqvist on February 15th, 2016 at 9:04 pm said:

The Vita always seemed like the perfect platform to play Hitman GO on. Hopefuly Lara is next. Thanks.

+ zezima007 on February 16th, 2016 at 2:48 am said:

This game is perfect for the vita.
I almost bought it on mobile, too. Hope there will be trophies.

+ Nick_Verge on February 16th, 2016 at 12:27 pm said:

As mentioned, we have a whole set of trophies including a Platinum trophy!

+ Lethal_NFS on February 16th, 2016 at 7:02 am said:

Overpriced mobile games on my PS4, YAY!!!!!!!!!!

+ hdcase on February 17th, 2016 at 1:24 pm said:

Where a game first appears shouldn’t matter, and $8 really isn’t too much for this game which (if you actually gave it a chance) you will be playing for hours.

+ Lethal_NFS on February 19th, 2016 at 6:56 pm said:

It most certainly does matter where the game came from first. It shows the game was designed for a mobile device and not a new generation home console. $8 vs $1 on a mobile device. No thanks lol

+ ImAPirateSoSueMe on February 20th, 2016 at 10:52 pm said:

Comparing the $8 PS4 vs. $1 SALE price. lol

The game is $5 on mobile, always has been the original price. The $1 price was a sale they had ONCE.

+ Kishnabe on February 16th, 2016 at 10:00 am said:

Buying this day one in hopes you bring the other Square Enix games to the Vita.

I.E. Lara Croft GO, Chaos Rings(especially this……Japan has all 4 games on the Vita), FF: Brave

I guess I will start my Hitman journey with this…though I have all 4 Hitman games for PS3.

+ Welmosca on February 16th, 2016 at 10:08 am said:

Bring Lara Croft Go and you have a confirmed buy from me.Was looking forward to this Hitman but turn-based…pff meh!!

+ Welmosca on February 16th, 2016 at 10:20 am said:

Ma bad didn’t mean Lara Croft Go…but Relic Run yeah bring Relic Run to the Vita and we have a deal.

+ gilgamesh21 on February 16th, 2016 at 2:02 pm said:

Important feedback message for Square-Enix!

As mentioned already, please bring Lara Croft Go and Lara Croft Relic Run to the Vita or PS4. Please bring Adventure of Mana and Rise of Mana to Vita or a competing handheld.

And a very special request. Please create a Brave Fencer Musashi 3 for PS3. It could even be a digital only release. And then please create a Brave Fencer Musashi 4 for PS4. This is a great game series with lots of potential and deserves entries on PS3 and PS4.

Please bring Seiken Densetsu 3 to the west! Please keep the graphics and multiplayer intact. You only need to translate it and bring to any home console.

Thanks for your time!

+ ve873er on February 17th, 2016 at 2:56 am said:

Wow

+ DunningKrugerMD on February 17th, 2016 at 10:46 am said:

Thank you for continuing to support the PS Vita!! Looking forward to playing this game.

Nicolas Verge's Avatar

+ Nicolas Verge on February 18th, 2016 at 7:39 am said:

Great! Thank you!

+ hdcase on February 17th, 2016 at 1:23 pm said:

As someone who had it on iOS, $8 is not an unreasonable price for this great game.

Any chance of PSVR support to be implemented later? Thanks. I would double dip for sure if that were the case.

Nicolas Verge's Avatar

+ Nicolas Verge on February 18th, 2016 at 7:29 am said:

We are working on a VR version of Hitman GO but we’re not ready to talk about it too much. We’ll have more news in the near future!

+ Zornography on February 20th, 2016 at 7:44 pm said:

I definitely plan on getting this, it feels like the perfect game for the Vita. I just got the Blue GameStop Vita and sold my old one to my friend so I’m ready to play some more games on the…Go!

+ xyzzyman on February 22nd, 2016 at 7:43 am said:

$8 is a great price and will definitely be buying tomorrow. I was worried it would be a $20 title and was planning on waiting for a sale.

+ Garbage943 on February 23rd, 2016 at 10:06 am said:

Is the cross buy not working?
I bought the Vita version, but I only have the option to download to Vita and PS3 not the PS4

+ Garbage943 on February 23rd, 2016 at 10:08 am said:

Update: You just have to go to the separate sku and get it.

+ Maxine-F on February 23rd, 2016 at 9:57 pm said:

Thanks Square Enix :D i love u guyz , and thanks for supporting Vita , i will buy it later this week , but there is something that i really want to see , The Third Birthday , guyz u did a hell nice job in there , even an hd o remake version will be awsome for vita , just like old PSP , Plz make one.