Farpoint

Feb 16

24425631334_c07882a849_h

Fallout 4 Add-ons Revealed, Automatron Arrives Next Month

Matt Grandstaff's Avatar Posted by on Feb 16, 2016 // Global Community Lead, Bethesda Softworks

Since the game’s November release, we’ve been blown away by your support of Fallout 4. You’ve been an instrumental part of making the game our most successful title ever. The stories, streams, images, and experiences that you’ve created… and we’re excited to see what you do next as we begin to release even more content for Fallout 4.

Fallout 4 DLC: Automatron

Automatron

Price: $9.99
Release: March 2016

The mysterious Mechanist has unleashed a horde of evil robots into the Commonwealth, including the devious Robobrain.

Hunt them down and harvest their parts to build and mod your own custom robot companions. Choose from hundreds of mods; mixing limbs, armor, abilities, and weapons like the all-new lightning chain gun. Even customize their paint schemes and choose their voices!

Fallout 4 DLC: Wasteland Workshop

Wasteland Workshop

Price: $4.99
Release: April 2016

With the Wasteland Workshop, design and set cages to capture live creatures — from raiders to Deathclaws! Tame them or have them face off in battle, even against your fellow settlers.

The Wasteland Workshop also includes a suite of new design options for your settlements like nixie tube lighting, letter kits, taxidermy, and more!

Fallout 4 DLC: Far Harbor

Far Harbor

Price: $24.99
Release: May 2016

A new case from Valentine’s Detective Agency leads you on a search for a young woman and a secret colony of synths. Travel off the coast of Maine to the mysterious island of Far Harbor, where higher levels of radiation have created a more feral world. Navigate through the growing conflict between the synths, the Children of Atom, and the local townspeople. Will you work towards bringing peace to Far Harbor, and at what cost?

Far Harbor features the largest landmass for an add-on that we’ve ever created, filled with new faction quests, settlements, lethal creatures, and dungeons. Become more powerful with new, higher-level armor and weapons. The choices are all yours.

And more importantly: this is only the beginning. We have plans for more. More than $60 worth of new Fallout adventures and features throughout 2016.

Given the expanded DLC plan, the price of the season pass will increase from the current $29.99 to $49.99 on March 1st, 2016. However, if you already purchased the season pass for $29.99, nothing changes — you still get everything at no additional cost — the full $60 offering of add-on content for the original price of $29.99. In addition, if you didn’t buy the season pass yet, there is still time: Anyone who buys the Season Pass for $29.99 before March 1stt will get all $60 worth of content. This is our way of saying thanks to all our loyal fans who have believed in us and supported us over the years.

Want a chance to play these add-ons early? We’ll be running closed betas for each of the add-ons on PS4. And you can sign up right now on Bethesda.net. In order to apply, you’ll need to create a registered Bethesda.net account. We’ll be selecting applicants in the upcoming weeks. Players accepted into the beta will receive a code to redeem the content. The beta is the full version and those participating will not have to purchase the add-on.

Beyond add-ons, we’ll continue to offer free updates to the game, including new features like the increased draw distances for PS4 players, as well as more optimizations to gameplay and quests. And something that we’re really excited about, a complete overhaul of Survival Mode that changes how you play the whole game. Food, sleep, diseases, danger, and more. We’re also hard at work on the Creation Kit, the PC creation tools that will ultimately lead to playing user-created mods on PS4. We’re currently testing both Survival Mode and the Creation Kit now, and more details will be forthcoming.

Thanks again for your continued support of Fallout 4. We can’t wait for you to play more!

57 Comments

+ AssaultMonkey150 on February 16th, 2016 at 8:23 am said:

Wow increasing price of season pass in 10 days to “entice” you to buy it ahead of any content being released is mafia-level tactics

+ PenguinActual on February 16th, 2016 at 8:42 am said:

As opposed to EA cutting content and selling back at $50 with very shallow and broken mechanics in a game that fans were expecting to have a full campaign, space battles, and multi-era settings?

+ JHM15001 on February 16th, 2016 at 10:44 am said:

I’ve seen shadier tactics (EA). I half expected them to release the content and then hike up the season pass, at least they give us some idea of what they’re planning. If they deliver on content, the season pass is more than worth the price of admission.

+ mjc0961 on February 16th, 2016 at 1:25 pm said:

Agreed 100%. This is still content we don’t actually know what it is (what it REALLY is, not this marketing guff which isn’t even telling us about all of it) and if it’s any good. We don’t even know if it’s worth $30, let alone $50. And yet they pull this to try and get more sales. Absolutely disgusting way to get people to preorder.

Luckily I got this on PC, so I’ll wait for a Steam Sale. All raising the price to $50 means to me is I have to wait even longer for it to drop to a reasonable price. That is, of course, assuming it’s any good and is worth buying. It could all be garbage like Point Lookout, Mothership Zeta, and all of the New Vegas DLC.

+ KonietzkyStrain on February 16th, 2016 at 2:50 pm said:

Totally agree with that. Plus is this IT on DLC for this first year… two fluff packs so Settlements like the Sims and just ONE piece that is actually content.

WOW… I finished F4 a while ago… complete and I still mess with my settlements but it is getting OLD. Now they want to jack prices to try and get me to buy. I thought Bethesda was not going to pull the same tactics as other Devs regarding DLC. This is Arkham Knight all over again… I dodged that bullet. ;)

+ WingerNu1 on February 16th, 2016 at 11:41 pm said:

Seriously? The level of Philistinial thinking – or rather, lack of thought – is disturbing. You get the promised content for the price paid, 25$. More content was shoved into the season pass, and so the price increases alongside. Those that buy in at either price receive their money’s worth. It’s DLC, and it’s all optional.

+ vailingdegree60 on March 3rd, 2016 at 10:11 pm said:

On my PSN in Canada they want 69.99 for season pass. That’s a full new game price I don’t see a full new game here???

Lost alot of respect for bethesda and I’m sure that console mods won’t work if you don’t pay the elevated price. NO wonder PC players download cracked games.

Just rediculous.especially since people’s own mods will probably be better than what bethesda sends out hopefully we can pay alot less for that one add on. Then the mod community can recreate all the seasonpass stuff at a fraction of the cost.

+ NintendoTim on February 16th, 2016 at 8:24 am said:

GG Bethesda: Increases Season Price pass, gives you two weeks to buy it at the original price before the hike.

+ NintendoTim on February 16th, 2016 at 8:24 am said:

lol “Season Price pass”

That’s what I get for not proof-reading.

+ biggr3d69 on February 16th, 2016 at 8:24 am said:

i cant wait this game is epic now its going to be even better thank you bethesda you all rock

+ PenguinActual on February 16th, 2016 at 8:40 am said:

Well… I’m gonna have to grab the Season Pass. Sure the price hike is a jerk move but hearing about Far Harbor being larger than Oblivion’s Shivering Isles, a Sentrybot combanion, Deathclaw cage fights, and still more content to be released. I don’t mind. At least, this content wasn’t cut from the final version of the game unlike Battlefield: Star Wars.

+ nunley33 on February 17th, 2016 at 10:28 am said:

You can get a sentrybot companion now and he’s way overpowered too but Far Harbor sounds good. so instead of one main piece of DLC expansion we’ll get more now, it may be worth it but i can easily wait till later to buy it on sale this fall.

+ vailingdegree60 on March 3rd, 2016 at 10:18 pm said:

Everyone excited about the sentry follower look up fallout 4 pc mods. Modded already did this and u can have death claw follower as well. Skip this wait for the console mod DLC and use what they make. Better customization more crafted like ammo and stuff. Like skyrim I’m sure there will be better graphic mods and even more

+ Tatanka2007 on February 16th, 2016 at 8:44 am said:

Shenanigans! This I what I IMAGINE a Bethesda board meeting concerning FO4 Season Pass to have been like:

“Let’s price the Season Pass at $49.99.”

“No, no, no. Projections predict low purchase rate at launch with no specifics.”

“Ok, let’s price it at $24.99 at launch.”

“Yeah, we can use the revenue to fund the add-ons!”

“How’s this? We raise the Season Pass to $49.99 in 1st Quarter 2k16. We slap high prices on the individual add-ons to make it look as if it’s worth more than sixty bucks.”

+ Tatanka2007 on February 16th, 2016 at 8:46 am said:

Apparently using brackets causes text to disappear…. Here’s what I posted before text disappeared.

“Let’s price the Season Pass at $49.99.”

“Ok, let’s price it at $24.99 at launch.”

“Yeah, we can use the revenue to fund the add-ons!”

LAUGHTER ERUPTS!

APPLAUSE FOLLOWS!

+ medenko1975 on February 16th, 2016 at 8:49 am said:

talk about GREED.

+ PenguinActual on February 16th, 2016 at 9:16 am said:

You are aware that the Season Pass on the PSN Store says 4 DLC right? My guess is that they’ve gotten more ideas for DLC or the final DLC is far larger still.

+ TrueAssassin86x on February 16th, 2016 at 8:51 am said:

Glad i got the season pass along with the game as soon as the game i cant freaking wait lets Rock Boys

+ TrueAssassin86x on February 16th, 2016 at 8:53 am said:

As soon as the game came out^ This blog needs a edit button

+ nucliosis on February 16th, 2016 at 8:59 am said:

This is frigging awesome! I’m so glad I got the season pass on day 1. People who have the game now and not the season pass should go buy the season pass before the time is up. Damn, I can’t wait to build a behemoth of a robot

+ PenguinActual on February 16th, 2016 at 9:17 am said:

Hope we can name our Robot companions. So going to name my first ‘George’ if that’s the case.

+ OnTheBus666 on February 16th, 2016 at 9:19 am said:

This looks like just what this game needed! I hope that the sentry bot buddy has DEEP pockets and can be the pack mule or I guess Brahmin that I need in this game. In fallout I’m a hoarder and I need to take all the things back to base. Hopefully this dlc allows me to grind down items to source materials in the field and also to hit at least two sites before needing to RTB

+ InrDmons on February 16th, 2016 at 9:22 am said:

Would this work if I play the game through gamesharing, but purchase the Season Pass myself?

+ PenguinActual on February 16th, 2016 at 9:38 am said:

You need to own the game for it to work. Game sharing only let’s you play someone else’s game when they are sharing.

+ NaNa_G_ on February 16th, 2016 at 11:25 am said:

It depends on what you mean by game sharing. If you mean sharing your account with someone else so you can play each other’s’ games then yes it is possible. If you mean playing the game through the Shareplay feature where the game is streamed to your PS4 then no you would need to buy both the game and the DLC to play the DLC. That is, of course, unless the person you are shareplaying with has both the game and the DLC in which case you can play whatever they have.

+ BAKER774 on February 16th, 2016 at 9:38 am said:

And hopefully a fix soon for the lvl 4 vendors to finally make their way to your chosen settlement..

+ PenguinActual on February 16th, 2016 at 9:41 am said:

“We’re also hard at work on the Creation Kit, the PC creation tools that will ultimately lead to playing user-created mods on PS4.”

+ IffBeaFate on February 16th, 2016 at 9:44 am said:

Bethesda, you guys rock! thanks for the grace period before the price hike! The DLC sounds absolutely amazing. You guys never dissappoint! Only suggestion: settlement turrets that you can arm with your own weapons. making broadside turrets would be absolutely fantastic!

+ SuperShouden on February 16th, 2016 at 9:54 am said:

All I hear is people complaining about the price hike of the Season Pass. But….why? When they announced the Season Pass, it didn’t seem like they were 100% sure what they were gonna put in it. It could have just been the three currently announced ones and then 30 would be fine. But, then they decided to had ANOTHER DLC on top of that to make it worth 60. Why? Maybe it’s not because they’re trying to steal your money, but because they’re trying to thank you for playing their game. I mean, you can get all 4 DLC in the season pass for half the price currently. That’s great! So, stop complaining.

+ AizawaYuuichi on February 16th, 2016 at 11:04 am said:

I know, right?
    It’s like they’re too young to remember Shivering Isles launched for $30 by itself. A season pass for the same price with the above listed content and more to come is more than worth the value.

And where was all this hate when TechLand did the exact same thing back at the end of November with Dying Light? They announced the final DLC was going to be bigger and more expensive, so they were raising the price of the season pass, and everyone applauded them for giving advance notice. Double standards and hypocrisy!

+ ZigNoff on February 16th, 2016 at 10:03 am said:

Please, I beg of you as person who purchases both the game and the season pass day one. Please add a Infinite New Game Plus mechanic. Many games have done this, and a number are open world games like Witcher 3, though I dislike that game, I appericate the companies devotion to the fan base.

Even if it’s only a mechanic to keep ones levels and a view items. I would love to be able to start over with all my awesome skills and approach the game with a much different way, and to others NO, you can’t really get the same effect from starting over from scratch.

+ OneManArmyAndres on February 16th, 2016 at 10:23 am said:

or WE can wait for the GOTY edition :)

+ Rezznak on February 16th, 2016 at 10:41 am said:

NOPE! no way in hell

+ smokelive017 on February 16th, 2016 at 10:42 am said:

Naming my Robot “The Rolling Stoner”

Best name to ever exist…

+ Korahn27 on February 16th, 2016 at 10:49 am said:

pass is already $40 for Canadians. Maybe i should just sell the game and then get the eventual collection that includes all dlc

+ TWODEEEE on February 16th, 2016 at 12:59 pm said:

Be glad youre not Australian, the base game is 100 dollars alone

+ N7Spartansw0rd on February 16th, 2016 at 12:17 pm said:

Sounds awesome! can’t wait

+ duke301 on February 16th, 2016 at 1:03 pm said:

What to do, what to do?? When Fallout 4 was first released, I spent so much time on it that it started to interfere with other things, mainly work, so I shelved it with a heavy heart. I was fully planning on picking it up again in the summer when I have some more free time. In light of this, I think I am going to sell my copy for however much I can possible get for it, and then I’ll buy it again when the Game of the Year/Complete Edition (or whatever it’s going to be called) is released. Damn! I knew I should have waited in the first place!

+ Lash_Whipwreck on February 16th, 2016 at 2:08 pm said:

great i wonder what it will be now in Canada , it already went up when the game came out , it was 30 dollars til the game dropped then the Season pass went up to 40 dollars in canada , Games are already 80 dollars here lets jack up the season pass as well. and im not just talking about fallout , alot of games up here cost 70 to 80 dollars and with useally a 50 to 60 season pass , like battlefront , in the usa its 50 up here its 70 for the season pass , ya some games dont change the price say like cod for example or any other game that useally sets their season pass to 25 dollars in the usa will be the same up here (sometimes). tho in my own oipion , if your going to say this is how much the pass will be they it should be that price where ever you live. also i belive games like AAA games should cost the same for everyone as well, . triple AAA game USA cost 60 in Canada same triple AAA game Cost 80,. both should cost 60 and that goes aging with everywhere else in the world. but aging thats just me and my own oipion on the subject.

+ darklink415 on February 16th, 2016 at 8:03 pm said:

Well you know what, why don’t you learn a little about the exchange rate (and grammar) before you complain about something like this. 60USD is currently worth 83.22CAD, so you’re already kind of getting the game cheaper than we are.

+ Rainwater on February 16th, 2016 at 2:32 pm said:

Cool! Looking forward to a reason to get back into Fallout 4.

+ PenguinActual on February 16th, 2016 at 4:07 pm said:

Back? I haven’t left Fallout 4. Ever since it came out I have barely touched the other games I have on my console’s hard drive.

+ W0ND3R_BR3AD_1 on February 16th, 2016 at 4:48 pm said:

FALLOUT HYYPEEE!

+ BathoryBlaze on February 16th, 2016 at 6:28 pm said:

Wow, this is really impressive. I need to get a season pass for sure now.

+ msoza24 on February 16th, 2016 at 8:01 pm said:

My god, this is going to be a game changer. I can only hope I get accepted into the beta.

+ IcedDice777 on February 17th, 2016 at 3:30 am said:

Ok ok ok, you win :)

Will pick up the season pass before the price goes up. Lol

Pass the word to the Bethesda Overlords… FALLOUT: New Vegas REMASTERED ( Apology Edition ) on PS4 will print money!

+ tvav_42 on February 17th, 2016 at 5:25 pm said:

Whine, complain, waaaaah.

+ Saimy69 on February 17th, 2016 at 7:01 pm said:

Mmm can’t wait for free mods made by amazing talented moders that will make the game even better.

+ BuriedSorrow on February 18th, 2016 at 10:45 pm said:

I really hope that Far Harbor is the first of the main DLC. The other 2 don’t really seem like anything special. I don’t use companions and i don’t really do anything with the settlements either. I’m not complaining, it just doesn’t seem up to par with all the other DLC from 3 and New Vegas. I guess i’ll just have to wait and see.

+ BuriedSorrow on February 18th, 2016 at 10:52 pm said:

BTW, I bought the Season Pass the moment it went up on PSN, and i have purchased every single DLC for 3 and New Vegas. I’m very excited for Far Harbor, too bad i have to wait until May. :(

+ KANERKB on February 18th, 2016 at 11:41 pm said:

I find it funny people are loving the idea of getting robots as a companion and silly catch monsters and people so you can do a fight match or something as dlc, you all do know this is hardly nothing for the price they are asking for the dlc pass right? for small stuff like this is nothing when you can get a mod that does the same damn thing, that is if they give mods to us on ps4.

I may sound like a person who complains a lot but what happen to the big dlc packs we used to get for fallout? I mean fallout NV had a hell of a lot better dlc and things to do same with fallout 3 from what am hearing from this the dlc pass is not worth it if this is all we are going to get for it.

+ didgeteria on March 1st, 2016 at 2:06 am said:

Exactely my dealema!! How many dlc’s and why not all 2gether right? Some strategy these guys

+ khancelkiz on February 19th, 2016 at 10:22 am said:

is the fallout 4 season pass availble for the ps4?
because i cant find it in the ps store.

+ didgeteria on March 1st, 2016 at 2:12 am said:

Same 4 me dude, guess we need to wait a bit :(

+ didgeteria on March 1st, 2016 at 2:02 am said:

Hi guys, so i bought the pip boy edition that gives straight access to the season pass, the thing is i cant find no dlc on the ps store. Can anybody explain why? And like , how many season does it have? And yes , seem like some A grade mafia stuff. Never liked bethesda. Thankx

+ didgeteria on March 1st, 2016 at 2:11 am said:

Should we wait until every dlc is released to use the season pass?????

+ Deebles23 on March 3rd, 2016 at 5:47 am said:

I will try to make my companion as similar to KL-E-O as possble. I love her more than my romance option. Not to mention assaultrons are pretty badass by themselves.