Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Feb 17

25071237165_2a0e3ba88a_z

Free Multiplayer Weekend Starting This Friday on PS4

25071237165_2a0e3ba88a_z

Andy Lum's Avatar Posted by on Feb 17, 2016 // Sony Computer Entertainment America

We’re back with another free multiplayer weekend in time for the launch of Street Fighter V — the latest chapter of the legendary fighting franchise and a console exclusive on PS4.

Starting this Friday, you’ll be able to access the online multiplayer modes in any PS4 game without a PlayStation Plus subscription.

PlayStation Plus: Free Multiplayer Weekend

This is also a great weekend to check out multiplayer in Call of Duty: Black Ops III, especially because a new DLC pack, Awakening, was recently released on PS4.

Free online multiplayer access begins Friday, February 19th, at 12:01 AM Pacific and runs to Sunday, February 21st, at 11:59 PM Pacific. Hop on to PSN during the free weekend with your favorite multiplayer game — no membership commitment is required during this period.

More info on PlayStation Plus offerings, such as free PlayStation Plus monthly games, exclusive member discounts, online game saves, and more can be found here.

Enjoy!

PAGE 1 2

+ JimmyHACK on February 17th, 2016 at 7:06 am said:

Can I pay somewhere to play Street Fighter 5 with a working server?

+ halcyon-ix on February 17th, 2016 at 10:13 am said:

Hoping the online multiplayer weekend will also have a multiplayer weekend sale. Would love to try different games such as Borderlands or even Ultra street fighter IV while some of us wait for our copy of SF V to come into mail (thanks Amazon for the delayed shipping)

+ AirBow158 on February 19th, 2016 at 2:49 am said:

Im in australia and its friday the 19th but it wont let me play call of duty black ops 3 online? How do i fix this

+ jamesbuick69 on February 19th, 2016 at 10:03 am said:

Huh? Been working fine for me. You may have NAT type issues or sumtn, possibly call your ISP and see?

+ AirBow158 on February 19th, 2016 at 2:17 pm said:

Its still wont let me play online???

+ Henryjarquin1 on February 19th, 2016 at 7:28 pm said:

Let’s try it!

+ mahiitaco78 on February 19th, 2016 at 11:06 pm said:

Can’t wait to play

+ iplaysofresh on February 21st, 2016 at 6:18 am said:

Let’s do this #turnup

+ TyIer_HD on February 17th, 2016 at 7:16 am said:

So, if I download one of the games, do I have it forever?

Andy Lum's Avatar

+ Anson Fong on February 17th, 2016 at 3:59 pm said:

Our PS Plus free games are free to download and you can keep the games as long as your PS Plus subscription is active. Thanks!

+ Korahn27 on February 17th, 2016 at 8:41 am said:

only while you have a valid PS+ account. Example – I had the trial of plus and got the free game at the time: Oddworld New and Tasty. Can’t play it now as I’m not plus, but if I subscribe to plus again, I have it again.

+ Akmaljon on February 17th, 2016 at 1:38 pm said:

if you buy it from PSN, then yes

+ FaZeGaming690 on February 19th, 2016 at 6:56 am said:

Yes it will stay

+ KoiNoYokan83 on February 19th, 2016 at 6:00 pm said:

Lol FREE but have to pay a subscription … Makes sense

+ XxArevalo209xX on February 20th, 2016 at 2:26 pm said:

Woah..

+ NX_Nytrux on February 17th, 2016 at 7:29 am said:

Free online multiplayer FORVER PLEASE, like PS3.

+ MunKy-058 on February 17th, 2016 at 8:00 am said:

In a perfect world, no? Unfortunately, tying multiplayer to PS+ is a necessary evil. How else would they be able to improve their networking/infrastructure if PS+ was only an optional online service?
    MS charged out of the gate for Xbox, and was able to build an excellent online service for the 360 as a result (compare to server woes on pretty much any PS3 game).

I think that tying MP to PS+ was a very smart move, and we should appreciate the improvements that the online component has seen as a result (occasional downtime notwithstanding). Definitely a step up from the XBone’s “300,000” imaginary cloud servers.

+ NX_Nytrux on February 17th, 2016 at 8:41 am said:

At least ocasional discounts for Memberships, like does MS.

+ Korahn27 on February 17th, 2016 at 8:42 am said:

I’d be fine with every other weekend, or even 1 weekend a month. I don’t play much MP, but it’d be nice for some trophies

+ NamelessGamer505 on February 17th, 2016 at 10:00 am said:

They have to fill their pockets…

+ cnkgasf on February 17th, 2016 at 3:34 pm said:

There were no improvements on PSN since MP became tied to PS+, It still goes down almost once every week.

+ dmsleight on February 17th, 2016 at 7:31 pm said:

forcing ps4 players to pay for ps+ has in no way improved the servers. Last friday my whole party couldnt connect to psn (let alone the game server) all night and on into sat. Thanks Sony!

+ Zilas on February 18th, 2016 at 8:26 pm said:

@MunKy-058

PSN hasn’t improved and still goes down.
    MP was only tied to PlayStation Plus to force consumers to pay, because Sony knows people want to play online.

The “server woes” of games on PS3 has nothing to do with PSN. The servers are run by the developers of whatever game was having issues. The MP servers are not payed for by Sony but by the developers, and we pay those developers by purchasing their games and DLC.

No one should be forced to pay Sony a random fee just to connect to 3rd party servers, especially when almost all games are peer-to-peer. I would rather connect to the game servers through the internet connection of the console, without longing into PSN. Let me use my Origin account to play EA games, my Uplay account to play Ubisoft games and so on.

We shouldn’t have to pay to play online. Multiplayer shouldn’t be blocked. If anyone should charge for MP it should be the developers. But like I said, we pay them by buying the games and DLC.

+ FaZeGaming690 on February 19th, 2016 at 6:57 am said:

Can u guys add me I will make sure to add u back n u will be in one of my videos

+ Cpl_stoudt98 on February 17th, 2016 at 7:51 am said:

Does this mean like is it for this weekend only or every weekend?

+ PanTheMan16 on February 17th, 2016 at 8:12 am said:

Just for this weekend.

+ NamelessGamer505 on February 17th, 2016 at 10:04 am said:

Considering that PS+ works like a pop up that blocks you from accessing third party servers. Yes, you will.

+ Monterossa on February 17th, 2016 at 7:55 am said:

So you’re making a basic feature from the PS3 a special gift for the PS4 users?

It’s ridiculous. Most game servers are under the 3rd party publishers’ management, why do players have to pay Sony to play online on those servers?

That’s why a lot of people moved to Steam.

+ cnkgasf on February 17th, 2016 at 3:38 pm said:

That’s why I don’t pay for this. It’s a non-service. You are literally paying a fee to use your PS4. They don’t host the matches on their servers, all they do is allow you to connect to third-party servers. And the free games are absolutely worthless.

+ RKUnited on February 17th, 2016 at 8:40 am said:

Only for US, or Europe too?

+ Emielkoning on February 19th, 2016 at 7:21 am said:

I Don’t know by me it Doesn’t work

+ FIFA_DUDE-748 on February 17th, 2016 at 8:44 am said:

So, earlier I tried to download the giant on ps store and it said it was for free, when I pressed free it says it can’t be downloaded at this time. When can I download it . Btw I don’t have ps+ is that thereabouts why? Help plzzzzz

+ shadow15972 on February 17th, 2016 at 12:47 pm said:

It’s this Friday. Try again then.

+ DCamerica on February 17th, 2016 at 3:41 pm said:

You shouldnt half to download on ps store try it in game it shouldnt matter if you dont have ps plus

+ KmKrusader on February 17th, 2016 at 9:00 am said:

Does this mean you won’t need ps+ to play the division open beta this weekend?

Andy Lum's Avatar

+ Anson Fong on February 18th, 2016 at 2:51 pm said:

Yep, you don’t need PS Plus to check out the Division open beta this weekend.

+ Matttew00 on February 17th, 2016 at 2:23 pm said:

this is for us only or for everyone who has ps4? EU for example? thx

Andy Lum's Avatar

+ Anson Fong on February 18th, 2016 at 3:00 pm said:

This free multiplayer weekend event is happening in the US, Canada, and LATAM. Thanks for checking!

+ oooaznkid on February 17th, 2016 at 7:52 pm said:

This is the North American Blog, thus its exclusive to NA

+ chunterosa on February 17th, 2016 at 2:29 pm said:

does this mean the online service isn’t garbage anymore?? are you enticing people to join up to ps+ because we won’t have constant lost connections anymore? i bet it doesn’t..

+ Adashu on February 17th, 2016 at 2:53 pm said:

What about EU? This would be a great time to have a free multiplayer weekend for us here too

+ b00kthree on February 17th, 2016 at 3:00 pm said:

Wow. I feel so lucky to have a PS3. Every weekend free. I’m sure that won’t last forever. I guess when that ends, there’s always Steam.

+ BILLYBOBJOE_2015 on February 18th, 2016 at 9:20 pm said:

ps3 severs are going down soon. that means nomore online haha

+ KILLZONE79 on February 17th, 2016 at 4:57 pm said:

Yay thankyou sony, especially my 1 year plus expired over the weekend and im broke til payday feb 25th

+ tech_boy_103 on February 17th, 2016 at 6:57 pm said:

What can’t multiplayer be free on ps4 like ps3

+ Spartachizi on February 17th, 2016 at 10:17 pm said:

Could you please add Kenya to your list of countries … Am tired of buying psn cards which are always out of stock

+ Rezwan-77 on February 18th, 2016 at 12:47 am said:

i already have my subscription, is there any way to take advantage of this offer ??

+ asadrocks2001 on February 18th, 2016 at 3:41 am said:

Is this free psn weekend for all ps4 users or is it restricted to some countries?

+ LokiEliot on February 18th, 2016 at 7:43 am said:

Will shareplay be possible with these people who don’t have PS+ on this Multiplayer weekend?

+ Skullguns42_ on February 18th, 2016 at 8:27 am said:

perfect timing i wanted to play the division beta and i didnt have ps plus and luckily these days are the same days when the beta starts and ends

+ AG-KSA-07 on February 18th, 2016 at 9:12 am said:

d

+ TallarakkLP on February 18th, 2016 at 9:15 am said:

Can i play the Division beta at the weekend too or do i need a Ps+ membership to download it ?

+ THE-PLASTICA-MAN on February 18th, 2016 at 9:18 am said:

Only US? The Free week-end isn’t available in Europe?

+ loklambert1 on February 20th, 2016 at 8:42 pm said:

Its not availiable in India too. Only in US, Canada and LATAM.

+ khaled14789 on February 18th, 2016 at 9:26 am said:

Fanaly

+ khaled14789 on February 18th, 2016 at 9:48 am said:

Would you like to make it every month? ;)

+ TheVengeanceXD on February 18th, 2016 at 12:28 pm said:

Really wish they would stop the free multiplayer weekend. Every time they do it all it does is bog down psn servers and make it difficult for paying customers like myself to access the service that they pay for, and I find that unacceptable. I don’t own a Ferrari so does that mean I should be able to go to a Ferrari dealership and take one out for a weekend without paying for it? No, it doesn’t and I feel the same principal applies here.

+ R41N1NG-F1R3 on February 18th, 2016 at 1:26 pm said:

I still don’t get how PSN being down effects other titles, If you play for multiplayer, donsen’t the dev pay for the servers? All I see PSN do is track a friends list and party chat, which some games having their own versions off chat and friends lists in-game.

+ Zilas on February 18th, 2016 at 8:34 pm said:

PSN is available to everyone, even people who don’t own a PlayStation console can create a PSN account. And PSN is payed for by anyone who purchases PlayStation consoles, games and anything else sold on PSN. It’s not our fault Sony isn’t using the money they make to improve PSN.

The “service” you’re paying for with your PlayStation Plus subscription is cloud saves, instant game collection, share play, discounts, game-trials and multiplayer. So don’t try to act like all of PSN is just for you and anyone else who pays for Plus. You’re paying for the “extras”.

What the free MP weekend really does is show that Sony is not using the money they make to improve and update their network.
    That’s whats unacceptable, along with charging people to accesses the MP servers that the developers pay for. I mean, the servers we already pay for by purchasing the games and DLC.

+ DA_Harvey_Dent on February 18th, 2016 at 2:49 pm said:

So is this available only to North America or can we expect this in the uk ?

+ MZRKD on February 18th, 2016 at 8:01 pm said:

I’m just wondering, can i play the new dlc for Bo3 on multiplayer weekend? i just wanna try out the new maps before i buy the dlc.

+ Urme2001 on February 18th, 2016 at 8:10 pm said:

Please someone tell me , this is going to work in central america?

+ BILLYBOBJOE_2015 on February 18th, 2016 at 9:15 pm said:

i loaded up gta to see if i can play online and all it said was storymode wat do i do

+ JackSparrow_333 on February 19th, 2016 at 8:28 am said:

I still can’t get into GTA O..does it work for you now or anyone else

+ EzEkIEl_SHiVa on February 18th, 2016 at 9:34 pm said:

It won’t let me play battlefront online?

+ KEWL0210_ on February 18th, 2016 at 10:03 pm said:

i cant play battlefront online, even though it said multiplayer is free throughout the weekends. it gives the buy or join playstation plus

+ onski89 on February 18th, 2016 at 11:41 pm said:

What do I have to do to get the free weekend

+ me_and_my_44 on February 18th, 2016 at 11:49 pm said:

Guys it doesn’t start until 00:01 Pacific time, wich is in about 11 minutes

+ spidersid31 on February 19th, 2016 at 2:19 am said:

Is this for the world or only USA?

+ aarjavik on February 19th, 2016 at 3:20 am said:

Can’t you just leave your black ops 3 in the online multiplayer menu, then as long as you don’t go to the main menu or change game, you have free blops3 online multiplayer

+ JeanDowell on February 19th, 2016 at 3:38 am said:

I’m making over $7k a month working part time. I kept hearing other people tell me how much money they can make online so I decided to look into it. Well, it was all true and has totally changed my life. This is what I do… Earnmore9.com

+ Razzer047 on February 19th, 2016 at 5:12 am said:

I just logged in and I cant play online ? Its friday already

+ gamewizard2004 on February 19th, 2016 at 7:43 am said:

check the time bro

+ The-Pens123 on February 19th, 2016 at 5:46 am said:

Does this also apply to the PS Vita/PS TV?

+ Sharkie22 on February 19th, 2016 at 5:46 am said:

How do I, or can I sign up for the new beta update For PS4 I keep hearing about or is it random selected?

+ TwinDad on February 19th, 2016 at 6:43 am said:

It was a few posts below this on the blog. There is a link there in the article on where to go to put your name in the hat for the drawing.

blog/2016/02/17/sign-up-for-the-next-ps4-system-software-beta/

+ Razzer047 on February 19th, 2016 at 7:06 am said:

I cant access online ?

+ gamewizard2004 on February 19th, 2016 at 7:45 am said:

check the time

+ OneAwesomeFella on February 19th, 2016 at 7:34 am said:

Is this in uk or just us plz reply

+ JackSparrow_333 on February 19th, 2016 at 8:25 am said:

Its almost Saturday in India and I still can’t get into GTA online.. Do I need to do something to get access of free online or is it only for the US and not forbplaces like india

+ loklambert1 on February 20th, 2016 at 8:43 pm said:

It isn’t for India bro. :(

+ Sakisvouk on February 19th, 2016 at 8:50 am said:

how i can find it?
when is 12 am in germany?

+ alexakho on February 19th, 2016 at 9:04 am said:

My friend is trying to play Gta online but it says he needs to buy PS plus? isnt free tho…

+ monkeyman1970 on February 19th, 2016 at 10:08 am said:

same i need help

+ maorbegin on February 20th, 2016 at 12:17 am said:

Me too, it doesn’t work in Europe

+ S--A--B--I--L on February 20th, 2016 at 4:32 am said:

Thanks sony for getting us excited about this fake free weekend ps plus!

+ Ozor_Oron on February 20th, 2016 at 9:08 am said:

Same problem here, can’t say I’m surprised at this point as it is Sony after all.

+ InterianPacho on February 19th, 2016 at 9:36 am said:

This is great :)

+ monkeyman1970 on February 19th, 2016 at 10:07 am said:

its not working for me HELP ASAP

+ longshotlevi on February 19th, 2016 at 12:20 pm said:

Why it is not working

+ Tynesender1234 on February 19th, 2016 at 3:08 pm said:

Hi I have a friend that’s wondering if black ops 3 is only gonna be free in sertan country’s. I was also woundering if u could ban someone for a month on his account because I was getting bullied about my dissabilities so I was wondering if u guys could ban evilmonkey131 for me

+ S--A--B--I--L on February 19th, 2016 at 4:16 pm said:

Its saturday and i still cant play online!!

+ JimKiri on February 19th, 2016 at 4:39 pm said:

Love the Poker room in Four Kings Casino, but the damn thing keeps freezing up…anyone else experience this?

+ agorN2001 on February 19th, 2016 at 10:47 pm said:

Is it only for usa or for everyone?

PAGE 1 2