Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Feb 17

24865100172_55f314e4e1_z

The King of Fighters XIV: Four More Fighters Confirmed

Yasuyuki Oda's Avatar Posted by on Feb 17, 2016 // Producer of The King of Fighters XIV, SNK Playmore

Hello PlayStation Nation! The dev team here at our Osaka HQ and I are very happy to update our fans with the latest news for The King of Fighters XIV — just before the next showing at the PlayStation booth in C3 Show, Hong Kong.

The King of Fighters XIV will feature a huge roster of 50 fighters, and in addition to numerous popular, returning KOF characters, I’m excited to announce a new combatant appearing for the very first time!

King of Dinosaurs

An evil and mysterious “heel” (a.k.a. a “rudo” in lucha libre) wrestler who wears a tyrannosaurus mask appears! Is he about to devour all the veteran fighters?

Human or beast? Who hides behind the mask?!

The King of Fighters XIV on PS4The King of Fighters XIV on PS4

Along with King of Dinosaurs, following our recent reveal of a newly designed, sexy Robert and Benimaru, the team and I are pleased to let fans know that Maxima, Clark, and Terry will be returning to the KOF Tournament once again…

Maxima

The mechanized body returns to battle! Powerful enough to be a huge Guard Point, he is a true marvel of NESTS Technology!

The King of Fighters XIV on PS4The King of Fighters XIV on PS4

Clark Still

After a bit of a “diet,” this Ikari Warrior returns to the ring as well. Could it have been thanks to Heidern’s Boot Camp? Mastering a variety of grappling moves, Clark is back and ready to break some backs.

Terry Bogard

“Get in the Ring!” The original Hungry Wolf and favorite of Fatal Fury fans can’t be missed!

The King of Fighters XIV on PS4

We hope you guys enjoy this sneak peek at some of the latest Max Super Special Moves, new effects, animations, and stages the team has been creating and fine-tuning as of late!

New Stage Reveals

Guanajuato Dynamite Ring
A special ring set in the townscape of a historical Mexican city. Its design has been inspired by the beautiful and festive city of Guanajuato.

The King of Fighters XIV on PS4The King of Fighters XIV on PS4

Derelict Church
The morning mist and sunbeams glaring through the church’s windows complement this stage, which has been inspired by the atmosphere of K’ and his allies.

The King of Fighters XIV on PS4

Please look forward to more exciting character reveals in the near future! We are also currently planning for upcoming venues/events held across the globe, where you’ll be able to get your hands on playable builds of The King of Fighters XIV throughout 2016.

Burn to Fight!

51 Comments

+ DJ_Tomato on February 17th, 2016 at 8:14 am said:

No, ugh, That’s really UGLY.

The game’s awesome, really, i was really into it UNTIL

You guys HAD to kill Terry, i can’t stand it, it’s ugly.

At this point i won’t pre-order it

+ DJ_Tomato on February 17th, 2016 at 8:15 am said:

Also why not OLD terry costume? Brown a best

+ Goldanas on February 17th, 2016 at 8:45 am said:

The costume is actually based on his original appearance from Fatal Fury, sleeves and all. It’s a nice throwback. Plus, the game is in 3D as opposed to sprite-based, so similar to Maximum Impact, I bet there will be alt costumes, either in game, sold afterwards, or both.

+ Fygee on February 17th, 2016 at 4:45 pm said:

Threatening not to pre-order the game because one character out of fifty looks unappealing to you is a bit silly.

+ Goldanas on February 17th, 2016 at 8:16 am said:

Thanks KoF team! Great new character reveals! It appears that Tizoc has picked up a new wrestling persona. Love the new designs for the returning characters, and that Terry hat flip was a lot of fun. And it is indeed great to see that Clark and Ralph have both come back after a much needed “diet”.

This was great read, guys. Keep up the amazing work!

+ gohan16ken on February 17th, 2016 at 8:19 am said:

Hey

Please re-release SNK vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos on PS3 (even if it is in japanese). And also re-release all previously Samurai Shodown, KOF, Fatal Fury, and Art of Fighting games on PS3.

Thanks.

+ TheBP on February 17th, 2016 at 8:31 am said:

MAN my Boi Terry is back. As for the dude in with the T-rex mask, i have a feeling its Tizoc from mark of the wolves.

+ chaindrive30 on February 17th, 2016 at 8:48 am said:

I’ve been hyped up about this ever since I played it at PS Experience. Good job on the roster and gameplay so far. Hopefully the net code is great!!! Look forward to launch this year, cheers!

+ Monterossa on February 17th, 2016 at 9:27 am said:

Where’s Mai and Athena?

+ ZHINKAIRI on February 17th, 2016 at 5:15 pm said:

It’s more to come. :)

+ Asshawk on February 17th, 2016 at 9:45 am said:

YES! MAXIMA!

+ Fygee on February 17th, 2016 at 10:01 am said:

This is a much, much better trailer than previous ones. I like how the characters are given some nice closeups and demonstrations of their moves instead of just far distanced, rapid cuts in the previous ones. Also, thank you for changing the song used in the trailer. The last one in the previous trailers with the dude screaming is horrendous.

I like Tizoc going heel as a “new character” a la Big Bear/Raiden, and I also like the costume redesigns on the characters. That said, I wish that King (especially King) and K’ had gotten something newer. It feels like they’ve been wearing the same duds forever.

The backgrounds look very pretty, but they need some things going on in the background to liven them up. Maybe KOF XIII spoiled us with the very active backgrounds, but these feel very static, like they’re fighting in front of a painting.

The graphics are getting better, but the textures still need a lot of work. They’re lacking detail, particularly when it comes to their faces and skin. Fix those and the game will be set graphically for the most part.

+ Alucard-XII on February 17th, 2016 at 10:29 am said:

Looks better, but stages need to look lively. They seem empty.

Some characters like King still need improvements too. Not liking Terry’s jacket.

Keep it up.

+ RCU005 on February 17th, 2016 at 11:15 am said:

I am very sorry, but this game looks so lame. Worst decision ever to make it 3D. Looks like PS2 game, and seems to play horribly. Also, what’s p with all the cosplay?

+ Crab_Battle_GO on February 18th, 2016 at 12:34 am said:

Yeah, nice try, troll. This same joke’s been made for months since the game was released. The game has gone through multiple upgrades since it was released. First off there’s no way the PS2 could handle this game even if it wasn’t 1080p 60fps. Come on man, get some new material if you’re going to bash a game that has undergone a crazy amount of change. You probably didn’t even bother to watch the trailer.

+ WU-Tang4Ever on February 17th, 2016 at 11:35 am said:

Still looks like an HD PS2 game but also looks super fun. I loved Maximum Impact 2 a.k.a. KOF 2006. It was one of the most fun KOF I’ve played with my family. I can’t wait for this one.

+ jacobcunha on February 17th, 2016 at 11:42 am said:

Tizoc! is you guy! Justice Hurricane!
Improving graphics, fighters coming in, increasing hype, the expectation now coming to PC!

ps. but what will happen to the “Big Fall Griffon”

+ jacobcunha on February 17th, 2016 at 11:55 am said:

I Love the Derelict Church Stage

+ VinsanityV21 on February 17th, 2016 at 12:02 pm said:

Bogard was expected all along, but man oh man is it great to see him confirmed! I’ve been sold on this for awhile — cannot wait! Game’s looking nicer every time you guys show it, and unlike Street Fighter V, doesn’t have bulbous monstrosities for characters ;) KOF has style, and that, I appreciate! More importantly, it’s bringing CONTENT, something far too few big releases care about offering these days when they launch! THANK YOU, SNK!

Between this, Tekken 7 and Guilty Gear Revelator, 2016 is going to RULE for fighting games. Bring on KOFXIV! :D

+ Yoichi-Hiruma on February 17th, 2016 at 12:15 pm said:

I really hope it isn’t supposed to be a Tizoc replacement or Tizoc himself (or if it is, that we get a classic costume option). :/ I’m a huge Tizoc fan, but this new appearance (if it really is him) just… doesn’t do it at all. He is Griffon Mask, not King of the Dinosaurs.

+ Eraser35 on February 17th, 2016 at 12:39 pm said:

if it is him whats wrong with his look being changed wrestlers change things up every now and then I mean look at Undertaker he went from magical wrestling zombie man to badass biker dude and then back to magical wrestling zombie man

+ Yoichi-Hiruma on February 17th, 2016 at 1:01 pm said:

It just doesn’t click with me, I suppose. Matter of opinions, but I was really looking forward to Tizoc returning in his original form. I like “Griffon Mask”.

+ Yoichi-Hiruma on February 17th, 2016 at 1:05 pm said:

I mean, he’s my favourite fighting game character ever, so I’m sure you can understand how it can be very disappointing to see him return in a much different form.

+ TrueAssassin86x on February 17th, 2016 at 12:44 pm said:

Hope this dont fail like Street Fighter 5 currently is.

+ FUTEKI360 on February 17th, 2016 at 1:07 pm said:

(A) Let Takashi Nishiyama, Eiichi Ogura, Hirokai Hashimoto, Nobuyuki Kuroki, Youichiro soeda, Kaoru Nonaka, & Senno Aki for leading the illustrations & artworks of the prologue, plot, main story, & epilogue.
(B) Or, let Asuka Takahashi, Syunsuke Sunagawa, Ken Takahashi, Takaeshi Oda, Kazuya Miyazaki, & Shuji Uema to made the CG & opening movies.
(C) Or, add & combine all Special Moves & Super Special Moves (aka Desperation Moves) from the entire KOF series as well as NEO-MAX to the entire 50 characters.
(D) Or, summon Jade Studios to be involved in the development team of KOFXIV for speeding up & sprucing the development process.
(E) Or, summon & collaborate with SNK / LEDO INTERACTIVE of KOF 97 OL or Jade Studio for cinematic development.
(F) Or, recall & collaborate with SNK / Daiichi Pachislot / Pachinko artists for leading, polishing, sprucing, & speeding up the
process of the remaining improvements requirements.
(G) Re-use KoF XII / XIII models & re-sculpturing, master-crafting, & filtering them to meet Kof XIV standards & methodologies.

Otherwise, release KOFXIV on PC / Steam concurrently with its official release date on PS4!

+ BlessLyfe on February 17th, 2016 at 3:26 pm said:

Looks awesome, can’t wait to play it, can’t it be in beta or demo?

+ Spikeybuddy on February 17th, 2016 at 4:30 pm said:

I would’ve preferred Raiden, but this King of the Dinosaurs reminds me of Tizoc. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re one in the same.

+ Fygee on February 17th, 2016 at 4:41 pm said:

They are the same. Same voice and both have Justice Hurricane. Basically its like Raiden/Big Bear.

+ lanmao on February 17th, 2016 at 5:12 pm said:

You had me at King of Dinosaurs!

+ ZHINKAIRI on February 17th, 2016 at 5:16 pm said:

VINTAGE TERRY BOGARD!
Straight outta 1991! :D

+ Kliff_Warhazard on February 17th, 2016 at 6:23 pm said:

Awesome, I knew Terry is in the roster! Anyway, with Street Fighter V and King of Fighters XIV on the market here’s hoping for a future Capcom vs SNK 3 or SvC Chaos2! :D

+ AmericanNinja1 on February 17th, 2016 at 7:11 pm said:

nice!

+ TJF588 on February 17th, 2016 at 7:23 pm said:

A feathered dinosaur costume?! Set my heart aflutter~

+ Hiyatsu on February 17th, 2016 at 8:23 pm said:

Rock Howard maybe? Team GAROU

+ Crab_Battle_GO on February 18th, 2016 at 12:36 am said:

Well according to a leaked roster, Rock isn’t in it. But then again the leaked roster doesn’t say “King Of Dinosaurs” it says “Tizoc”, but KoD is basically just Tizoc in another costume anyway so it MIGHT still be right. Although, I’d love Rock to show up again.

+ LB555 on February 17th, 2016 at 8:27 pm said:

Very exciting, KoF is one of my fave fighting game. However, something looks off about it. Maybe I grown attached to all the colorful and vibrant 2D fighters like SF Alpha, Guilty Gears, and the KoF of the past but the transition to 3D looks dull and bland. I also felt the same with SFV as well. I hope they do it right.

+ chrispinzon on February 17th, 2016 at 9:01 pm said:

Please Rugal in this KOF XIV!!! :-)

+ j5terof9ht555 on February 17th, 2016 at 9:07 pm said:

Great game KOF XIV… Need clasic Rugal = Kaiser Wave…

+ dianitatefy89 on February 17th, 2016 at 9:24 pm said:

Yeah!!! Cool!!! King of Dinosaurs Vs. Omega Rugal… Battle in Istanbul Please,
It would be nice

+ Guyper on February 17th, 2016 at 10:33 pm said:

King of Fighters needs a comical team. Must they all be serious?

Maybe Duck King, Cheng Sinzan and Hon-Fu in one team.

+ EternalDragon28 on February 18th, 2016 at 1:57 am said:

The game is looking great. Keep up the good work, i think the stages need more life to it though. KOFXIII and SFXT had good lively stages

+ Bluerocket104 on February 18th, 2016 at 9:13 am said:

WOW!!! the game look better in each trailer
and the Mexico stage looks GENIAL!!!

i love it cant wait
please dont forget Mai shiranui she is the queen of fighter!!

+ johntiger666 on February 18th, 2016 at 10:54 am said:

One word as a longtime SNK and KOF fan: disappointed.
The roster looks promising, that is a fact. But these graphics are pretty cheap. We’ve seen that in the late PS2 days. There are even mobile games these days that look better than this. I hope gameplay, fight modes and bonus content make up for it.

+ luis_dj8 on February 18th, 2016 at 11:37 am said:

Hey where are … riu , akuma and robert ???

+ Mike_ADV on February 18th, 2016 at 1:28 pm said:

Tizoc ain’t fooling nobody here.

But SNKP, please, give the game a good netcode this time around with LOBBIES on par with the Arc System Works games (Blazblue, P4U, Guilty Gear Xrd) and Soul Calibur V. Where you can create a room and more than one fight between two people can happen at once. Oh, and spectator mode inside the lobbies.

Oh, and Arcade Mode seems important these days.

+ JinZer069 on February 18th, 2016 at 6:02 pm said:

I will be getting this game.

Hope it will be available for other platforms eventually, this is a game everyone should play.

Lastly, when you are done with PS4 development, I hope PS Vita gets KOFXIV too. Broke my heart I couldn’t play KOFXIII on PS Vita.

+ Saimy69 on February 18th, 2016 at 8:09 pm said:

No Mai no buy.

+ ivecal12 on February 18th, 2016 at 11:49 pm said:

The graphics seem very very bland.

+ JeanDowell on February 19th, 2016 at 3:37 am said:

I’m making over $7k a month working part time. I kept hearing other people tell me how much money they can make online so I decided to look into it. Well, it was all true and has totally changed my life. This is what I do… Earnmore9.com

+ klon20 on March 7th, 2016 at 6:19 pm said:

Art of Fighting (John ,Mickey,Lee ,etc)
Fatal Fury (Franco,Laurent,Axel Hawk,etc)
World Heroes (Hanzou,Dragon,Shura,etc)
Garou Mark of the Wolf (Rock Howard,Khushnood Butt,Kevin etc)
Rage of the Dragons /Aggressors of Dark Kombat/Breakers etc

+ Devilsthrill on March 15th, 2016 at 6:14 am said:

How can we get Vanessa in KOF XIV? She’s the coolest boxer gal ever and hasn’t been back since forever ago. Time to bring the character into the KOF world once more, especially with more women playing who want more female players. Add Whip and Blue Mary and you’ve got a great fighter team. I know people would download them if they were added as DLCs later. Look on the GameFaqs board for King Of Fighters XIV. Or just Google any of the three characters plus King of Fighters XIV. There are people asking if these characters will return.