Spider-Man PS4

Feb 18

Street Fighter V

PlayStation Blogcast 197: Fightin’ Words

Street Fighter V

Justin Massongill's Avatar Posted by on Feb 18, 2016 // Social Media Manager, SIEA

Subscribe via iTunes or RSS, or download here

On the eve of our penultimate Blogcast recording before episode 200 (I think I did that right), the gang laments the temporary absence of a certain Powerhouse, talks about our earliest and dearest fighting game members memories, reveals next week’s new releases, and keeps on Necrodancin’ and… Tharsin’? Tharsisin’?

Enjoy!

Stuff We Talked About

• Our earliest Street Fighter memories
  • Far Cry Primal
  • Fallout 4 DLC
  • Crypt of the Necrodancer
  • Tharsis
  • The Witness

Recent Episodes

The Cast

Official PlayStation Blogcast: Sid ShumanOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast - Nick SuttnerOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Justin Massongill

Sid Shuman – Social Media Sr. Manager, SCEA
Nick Suttner – Lead Account Manager, SCEA
Justin Massongill – Social Media Manager, SCEA

Send us questions and tips! blogcast@playstation.sony.com
Leave us a voicemail! (650) 288-6706

Thanks to Cory Schmitz for our beautiful logo and Dormilón for our rad theme song and show music.

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on February 18th, 2016 at 5:10 pm said:

We miss you, Ryan!

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on February 23rd, 2016 at 11:48 am said:

I miss Ryan

+ Ind3structoman on February 19th, 2016 at 8:55 am said:

Gambit (from Marvel vs. Capcom): “Chargin'”

+ Mercenary09 on February 18th, 2016 at 6:18 pm said:

Another great show guys. Sid there is a PS3 title coming out next week as well as PS4 that you guys left off. The Walking Dead: Michonne Episode 1 comes out next week on PS4 and PS3. So there you go PS3 isn’t forgotten yet.

+ JeanDowell on February 19th, 2016 at 3:37 am said:

I’m making over $7k a month working part time. I kept hearing other people tell me how much money they can make online so I decided to look into it. Well, it was all true and has totally changed my life. This is what I do… Earnmore9.com

+ Ind3structoman on February 19th, 2016 at 7:50 am said:

I purchased Firewatch recently and completed the first day while my mother and brother (fire)watched. We had a great time. I can’t wait to fire(watch) up my PS4 again soon and continue the adventure with my family!

+ cleversignin on February 19th, 2016 at 4:23 pm said:

I would be afraid my mom would smack me for flirting with another woman while I was married. especially since the game makes you a crappy husband no matter what choices you make. you take off your wedding ring, the picture of you and Julia is constantly facedown or on the floor and if you don’t drink or find alcohol to be a bad idea when dealing with depression… guess what? you’re getting wasted and being that guy,
    I can picture my mom blaming me for all that like it was somehow my choice.

+ Ind3structoman on February 19th, 2016 at 8:28 am said:

One of my favorite fighting games has to be Ehrgeiz, although PlayStation 1 polygons haven’t aged too well. =P

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on February 19th, 2016 at 10:26 am said:

Aw man, Ehrgeiz! So good! God bless the ring.

+ jgrizzle358 on February 20th, 2016 at 4:10 pm said:

Firewatch was so good.

+ sealum01 on February 20th, 2016 at 4:52 pm said:

Hi guys!

Amazing blogcast (as ever)! I would also like to weigh-in on Sid’s online shopping. I would be willing to bet that it is actually *more* carbon efficient to order products with a shipping company whose profits proportionally scale with the amount of fuel saved. Routes, delivery times, and route calculation (for minimizing distances) can mean that a single truck can do hundreds of deliveries in a day, and thus offset the emissions from hundreds of cars!

Oh, and I platinumed The Witness a couple weeks back, and got super close to 100%-ing the game! I’m actually itching to experience Everybody’s Gone To The Rapture for a third time. Like great movies, it’s always nice to revisit the greats every now and then.

And I just discovered the joy that is Resogun! It is AMAZING! I’m now a *huge* fan of Housemarque, and eyeballing Dead Nation and Super Stardust HD! Alienation is at the top of my must-buy list, and Matterfall has me incredibly excited.

Sorry about the long reply! I loved the show.

Cheers,
Sean

+ StuTX on February 22nd, 2016 at 10:20 am said:

I still do my weekly resogun challenges. Always fun! If you still use your ps3 there is another housemarque game called Outland that is quite good as well (it maybe on psnow).

+ Efrengsimmons on February 21st, 2016 at 3:20 am said:

+ cjkloster on February 21st, 2016 at 10:53 am said:

As a father of two elementary school-aged kids, I can verify that the PC way to say “sitting Indian-style” nowadays is “chris-cross applesauce.” As crazy as it sounds, we moved this year from the Twin Cities to Colorado and chris-cross applesauce is used across the country now…

Thanks for another fun show, even though Ryan’s missing presence is felt.

+ StuTX on February 22nd, 2016 at 10:16 am said:

Hey guys! Loved hearing the fighting game experiences. As an adult fighting games now make me have ‘anger management issues’ but some have endearing memories for me. Mortal kombat 3 on ps1 was the best version & it pushed my older brother & myself to first join the playstation brand. Street fighter 2 on snes was one of the only ways for little brother to beat up big brother.

+ jgrizzle358 on February 22nd, 2016 at 10:55 am said:

Sid has the right idea btw.

Shopping online means not dealing with people, and stuff on Amazon is usually cheaper. (not always, but usually) especially if you’re a Prime member (worth it). They now offer 20% off video game pre-orders for Prime members too, making them the cheapest place to pre-order [physical] video games now (if you’re a Prime member).

+ Rpm2878 on February 22nd, 2016 at 4:25 pm said:

I was the weird kid who would try to sneak in and play a few matches against the CPU. I often got a little peeved when someone would ruin my run by challenging. Looking back, I actually did fairly well against challengers concidering how little time I spent playing. My favorites were Tekken and Virtua Fighter, I’m not sure about which numbers.

+ Rpm2878 on February 22nd, 2016 at 4:26 pm said:

I know I’m late for platinum talk, but, the one I’m most proud of is for Saints Row: The Third. It is my only Plat from a large “AAA.” It was an excellent IGC offering and a lot of fun. The real reason that it’s my favorite, however, is that after playing a decent chunk of the game I took a break for nearly a year. When I finally triggered the platinum, I did so on the one year anniversary of my break at 3:55 for 3rd Street Saints. 2x2x2x2=16, I know I’m strange.