PlayStation Vue

Feb 22

24768883309_f65377cfda_h

Three New Games from NIS America Coming to PlayStation

Jordan Vincent's Avatar Posted by on Feb 22, 2016 // Senior Product Marketing Manager, NIS America

Hey there, dood! We have some pretty big news for all of you; we’re hosting our annual press event and announcing things right now. Like, literally as this blog post is going live. The magic of technology. Because we love all you awesome cats here at PlayStation.Blog, we included all our big announcements in this post right here. Yup, you’re getting this news at pretty much exactly the time that we’re telling the press about it.

So, what are those announcements? Read on, my fine Prinnies!

PSYCHO-PASS: Mandatory Happiness

Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness

If you’ve ever wondered what life would be like in a dystopian world where your every emotion, motivation, and experience in life was boiled down to one number, then boy, have I got the story for you. Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness is a visual novel set in, well, it’s set in basically the world that I just described — and we just announced that it will be hitting PS4 and PS Vita in late 2016!

You’ll be playing as one of two new detectives assigned to the Criminal Investigation Department’s Division 1. As either a hot-headed Enforcer or serious Inspector, you’ll be investigating compelling cases and uncovering a twisted plot where each turn presents you with decisions that could cause the story to branch in a myriad of directions, and may end up furthering your investigation, or potentially ending your story prematurely.

If that sounds exciting and you want to know more, you can check out our official website, or go check out the hit Psycho-Pass anime to get familiar with some of the characters you’ll work with in-game, and get yourself introduced to the world before the game launches later this year!

Yomawari: Night Alone

In 2014 we released htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary, a dark and moody puzzle title from our HQ, and later this year we’ll be releasing another PS Vita title — Yomawari: Night Alone — which is a step deeper into the horror arena.

Yomawari: Night Alone

Ever been all alone on the street late at night and had the street lamp flicker? You know that tinge of fear that runs through you whether you believe you’re afraid of the dark or not? There’s that little thought that wriggles into the back of your mind and tells you that if you stop walking, if you turn around… that’s the end. A creature of the darkness will envelop you and you’ll be gone.

Well, that’s what this game is like. You’ll be exploring the streets late at night in search of your lost dog and sister while staying just out of the grasp of… all that lurks in the dark. Find out more on the game’s official website and remember what it felt like to fear the dark.

Touhou Genso Rondo (Working Title)

If sweating bullets from fear isn’t your cup of tea, then perhaps sweating bullets from the madness of flying with reckless abandon, dodging projectiles, and blowing bosses into oblivion is! We’ll be bringing a heart-pounding competitive shoot ’em up Touhou Genso Rondo (Working Title) to PS4 via PSN later this year.

Touhou Genso Rondo (Working Title)

In Touhou Genso Rondo, you’ll be able to learn about the lovely Touhou characters in Story Mode, and battle your friends in local and online competitive one-on-one action. Develop your own battle style by mixing up your gameplay between blasting away with a variety of special bullet types, and darting in for powerful melee attacks! Once you’ve perfected your skills, jump online to see how you stack up in the leaderboards. More info on this title will be coming soon, but stay tuned to our website for updates!

Okay, now it’s back to making sure nobody runs out of HP for our press event, but thanks for checking out our announcements, and I hope you’re as excited as I am! I’ll be back to answer some comments when I get a chance. Until next time, dood!

+ Mercenary09 on February 22nd, 2016 at 7:35 pm said:

Not my kind of games but great to see you guys bringing these to the US for the fans.

Jordan Vincent's Avatar

+ Jordan Vincent on February 24th, 2016 at 9:35 am said:

I’m a day late and a dollar short to the comments (Darn drive to and from SF!) but just wanted to say thanks for the support! :)

+ OriginalHuman on February 22nd, 2016 at 7:41 pm said:

Are these going to be digital only? Any news on physical versions?

+ Elvick_ on February 23rd, 2016 at 6:57 am said:

Psycho Pass is physical on both systems. Not sure about the rest, don’t think it’s confirmed either way.

+ Ramen_4_Life on February 22nd, 2016 at 7:45 pm said:

Is there a chance you’ll be able to work with Funimation to give the Psycho-Pass game an English dub?

+ darklink415 on February 22nd, 2016 at 8:02 pm said:

Please no. I may prefer subs but if you like dubs that’s fine too, just don’t let funimation do it. It’s an insult to the original material.

+ Souledge94 on February 23rd, 2016 at 7:24 am said:

I hope its dubbed as well and to Darklink415 you can prefer subs that fine too,but funimation dub was actually great.

+ DanteMerfi on February 22nd, 2016 at 7:46 pm said:

Count me in on the first two for sure.

+ Biowolves on February 22nd, 2016 at 7:47 pm said:

Gotta be honest, have been waiting for a visual novel to come out on PS4. Just finished Stein’s Gate on the PS3, and it was the most amazing read ever, so kinda excited for it.

Jordan Vincent's Avatar

+ Jordan Vincent on February 24th, 2016 at 9:52 am said:

Honesty is the best policy. ;)

+ gerneric123 on February 22nd, 2016 at 7:47 pm said:

I don’t want to sound ungrateful, but uh, I’m going to sound ungrateful: It’s taking you guys a year to localize Yomawari? What? Should we expect Rose & the Castle of Twilight, Hero Must Die, ClaDun Sengoku, Coven and the Labyrinth of Refrain, and ClaDun Sengoku in 2017/2018? Or are they going to join Edo Blacksmith and NIS Japan’s various Vita VNs and not get localized at all?

I’m pretty disappointed you picked up Genso Rondo. Of all the Touhou games on PS4/Vita, that one needed a western release the least. Especially given it has an Engrishy Hong Kong PSN version that’s easily obtainable. I would’ve gone with Mystery Gensokyo. There’s even a PS4 version if the rumours about you guys planning to ditch Vita are true.

+ gerneric123 on February 22nd, 2016 at 7:49 pm said:

I’ll wait to complain about the Experience DRPGs until after Stranger is out. ;p

+ Lokoline on February 22nd, 2016 at 8:00 pm said:

Yomawari is exclusive or will be released on PC later like nearly all of your last games? I’m curious. :)

+ RoII_chan on February 22nd, 2016 at 8:14 pm said:

These news made my day!!!!! <3

+ shangoatV on February 22nd, 2016 at 8:19 pm said:

I want Yomawari, NOW!!!!!

+ EmeraldLeviathan on February 22nd, 2016 at 8:31 pm said:

So… Jordan Vincent, not that I am unhappy with this news, but why am I reading it first on the Sony Playstation blog, and not directly from NISA? I do not remember seeing info on any of these titles in the Prinny Bomb.

+ Elvick_ on February 23rd, 2016 at 7:00 am said:

Prinny Bomb is usually slow on news. I always get those after already hearing about something.

+ lisatsunami on February 22nd, 2016 at 8:34 pm said:

The first visual novel for the PS4? Yes, please! Such a nice change of pace when I don’t always feel like fighting through the SoulsBorne worlds.

NISA remains awesome, thank you.

+ gerneric123 on February 22nd, 2016 at 8:54 pm said:

You no Hatoful?

+ Heavyman99 on February 22nd, 2016 at 9:50 pm said:

There is Daganronpa V3 for PS4, too. It’s not just going to be a Vita game, even though that’s where I’m getting my copy.

+ Kid_Grim on February 22nd, 2016 at 8:57 pm said:

Why Psycho-Pass wasn’t made into an action game I will never know but oh well.

+ Arn_1 on February 22nd, 2016 at 8:59 pm said:

I hope these games are good and get the proper support. I’m very excited to get another visual novel title on console and handheld. Because, as of now, most of them are exclusive to PC/MAC. There’s untapped potential in this genre (I’m imagining Until Dawn and The Walking Dead for player-choice and branching paths). Here’s hoping for better subject matter in future visual novels.

+ Monterossa on February 22nd, 2016 at 9:08 pm said:

Will it be censored?

+ MisterAxle on February 22nd, 2016 at 9:20 pm said:

Put that Night Alone game on a PS4 disc.

+ centipedia on February 22nd, 2016 at 9:27 pm said:

Thanks for the vita support, can’t wait to get my hands on Yomawari

+ Hayades on February 22nd, 2016 at 9:29 pm said:

Love me some VN’s. Keep them coming.

+ cronqvist on February 22nd, 2016 at 9:34 pm said:

I’m very excited to play Yomawari in english. Thank you.

+ kalel070985 on February 22nd, 2016 at 9:40 pm said:

You should bring Phantasy Star Online 2 as well, its an mmorpg many that love this genre want to try out

+ american_36 on February 23rd, 2016 at 1:27 am said:

Nice to see some of the games here as well. I want NISA omnipresence^^

Jordan Vincent's Avatar

+ Jordan Vincent on February 24th, 2016 at 9:55 am said:

Prinnies… EVERYWHERE.

+ Zepherj on February 23rd, 2016 at 5:16 am said:

Thanks so much for bringing these titles over! I’ve been keeping tabs on the Vita versions for sure, and I am very excited to sink my teeth into Psycho-Pass and Yomawari looks soooo creepy and fun.

+ DARKSPARDA4 on February 23rd, 2016 at 6:10 am said:

Holy ****. A Touhou game on console? Yes please. I’ve been wanting this for so long. We need a collection next.

Jordan Vincent's Avatar

+ Jordan Vincent on February 24th, 2016 at 9:56 am said:

Right?! I might be wrong here, but I think this is one of the first, if not THE first Touhou title officially being localized and released in the West on console. So… yeah, we’re pumped. :)

+ Majorasfan2 on February 23rd, 2016 at 6:19 am said:

Awesome news – thanks for the localizations! I always try to support them. I know I’ll be picking up Mandatory Happiness, Yomawari sounds really interesting, and I’m excited to play an officially localized Touhou game!

+ Elvick_ on February 23rd, 2016 at 7:00 am said:

Thanks NISA.

+ badcatsclaws on February 23rd, 2016 at 7:12 am said:

I would like to see games similar to Disgaea (grid based strategy rpgs basically). Kind of disappointed but I appteciate your works in general.

+ tusunami on February 23rd, 2016 at 8:13 am said:

People are so quick to judge doesn’t look like to me Sony gave up on PS Vita. I see games coming out.

+ ViolentGene on February 23rd, 2016 at 8:30 am said:

Can’t wait to play Yomawari but what about Yushashisu?

+ FearMonkey on February 23rd, 2016 at 8:42 am said:

Was hoping for a Medabots: Girls Mission localization announcement, but none is to be seen. I am disappoint.

However, very excited about getting a Touhou game finally. I am excite!

+ TomHoang on February 23rd, 2016 at 8:54 am said:

Nice, another visual novel to add to my Vita collection!

+ Kishnabe on February 23rd, 2016 at 9:13 am said:

Psycho Pass is a must. Yomawari If similiar to HtoL….I will finish it first before getting it.

Thanks for bringing both games to the Vita and localizing it.

+ Bellalara on February 23rd, 2016 at 9:48 am said:

Sweet! Can’t wait to play Psycho Pass on my Vita

+ boxmyth on February 23rd, 2016 at 10:29 am said:

Yomawari for sure. Hoping for a Special Edition like what NISA did with htoL#NiQ.

+ whereymyconary on February 23rd, 2016 at 11:19 am said:

Psycho-pass is very exciting. I’ll be preordering that when its available on Amazon. Woot. Kind of amazed it’s on getting an Xbox release as well since it was originally an Xbox exclusive. But no complaints here. Just please have it be physical since I’m not buying digital day one.

Now should I get vita version or ps4… Probably vita since it’s a visual novel.

+ viceforce on February 23rd, 2016 at 12:21 pm said:

Love me some more Visual Novels. Will pick this up for my Vita. And I’ll be watching the anime too.

+ AmazedBunion on February 23rd, 2016 at 12:47 pm said:

Lovely. More crappy Indie games. What else is new?

+ Dahugebigbang on February 24th, 2016 at 2:13 pm said:

Even though NISA is a AAA dev… and these are AAA games.

+ Nano1124 on February 23rd, 2016 at 2:29 pm said:

I never thought in the world taht we’d ever get Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness or Yomawari: Night Alone. Thank you so mcuh!

+ N-eph on February 24th, 2016 at 11:40 am said:

Awesome! Finally getting more games for the vita. I hope we get more as months pass by. But I´ll be waiting for these 2 to come out first.

+ Apollyon_Vice on February 26th, 2016 at 4:05 pm said:

I always get so excited when you bring different IPs out.
I’ve been bored of your main titles for years.
But when you bring out something fresh I end up loving it.
Playing The Firefly Diary as of late.
Looks like I might need to look into that Yomawari.
Top down silent Hill like game. Im down!

+ wiidude000 on February 29th, 2016 at 11:24 am said: