Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Feb 25

Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2

PlayStation Blogcast Episode 198: Plants vs. Paragon

Justin Massongill's Avatar Posted by on Feb 25, 2016 // Social Media Manager, SIEA

Welcome back! This week, Ryan talks to Jeremy from PopCap about Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2, while Sid finally faces his fear of MOBAs and shares his impressions of Epic’s accessible-yet-hardcore Paragon. Justin is once again crippled by his inability to choose between Destiny and Final Fantasy XIV, and we can only assume Nick is lost in the wilderness somewhere, because he’s not in this episode. I’m sure he’s fine.

Subscribe via iTunes or RSS, or download here

Stuff We Talked About

• Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2
  • Paragon
  • Broforce
  • The Walking Dead: Michonne
  • Destiny
  • Final Fantasy XIV
  • Heavy Rain
  • Mortal Kombat XL
  • Deadpool

Recent Episodes

The Cast

Official PlayStation Blogcast: Sid ShumanOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Justin MassongillOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Ryan Clements

Sid Shuman – Social Media Sr. Manager, SCEA
Justin Massongill – Social Media Manager, SCEA
Ryan Clements – Social Media Specialist, SCEA

Send us questions and tips! blogcast@playstation.sony.com
Leave us a voicemail! (650) 288-6706

Thanks to Cory Schmitz for our beautiful logo and Dormilón for our rad theme song and show music.

9 Comments

+ sealum01 on February 25th, 2016 at 7:04 pm said:

Finally! I’ve been waiting all week for this episode.. I can’t wait to hear the gang wax poetic about groceries, miscellaneous housewares, and all things Playstation!

Sean

+ jgrizzle358 on February 26th, 2016 at 8:58 am said:

I agree with Ryan, Jessica Jones > Daredevil. But I also like sophisticated British villains. The kind that will tell you how divine your soufflé is before blowing your brains out. It’s why I love The Blacklist.

Also, Sid kind of butchered the explanation of the Netflix shows though and I need to fix it. It’s gonna be Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, then they’re going to come together to form The Defenders. These are all characters straight from Marvel comics (not based on Alias, lol). Luke Cage is actually IN Jessica Jones. Also, much like Agents of SHIELD and Agent Carter, these shows are confirmed to take place in the MCU (hence the Avengers references) as a lot of the plot is based on Hell’s Kitchen feeling the aftermath of the war with Loki and the Chitauri (Hell’s Kitchen is in New York).

Loved the Deadpool talk btw, fun fact: My favorite nerdcore band, Teamheadkick, wrote the Deadpool rap for the revenge montage. It’s actually a remix of the one they wrote for the game in 2013. They do rock/rap songs about all kinds of video games. Worth checking out if you’re into that sorta thing.

Thanks again for a great show, see ya next Thurs-dee!

+ ColonelOCorn on February 26th, 2016 at 9:47 am said:

pretty sure the poPcaP guy said ColonelCorn. IMPOSTOR! ;)

LOL now I have to play that

+ deliriumsfrogs on February 26th, 2016 at 10:11 am said:

As far as the Blogast demographic survey for MOBAs goes, I’m a 34 year old married mom whom at the mention of the word MOBA turns into a silver-haired, 19 cat-owning, peeking through her curtains to scowl at those vexatious kids on her lawn, kind of person… It’s a genre that leaves me feeling out of touch and disconnected, but maybe I should take those curlers out of my hair and actually try to venture out into the unknown. Change can be good, right? lol

Thanks for always making me laugh, while keeping me up to date on all things PlayStation! You guys are awesome! :)))

+ jgrizzle358 on February 26th, 2016 at 7:32 pm said:

I can’t stand MOBAs. Not to say that they are bad it’s just that the learning curve is way too steep and the online community is too full of… Let’s just say, not very nice people. It’s not a n00b friendly genre it’s mostly meant for hardcore gamers and those elitist MLG people. So trust me, you are not alone.

I’m glad to hear that Paragon is a bit more accessible though but I still think I lack the patience for this genre. And this is coming from a guy who can grind for hours in RPGs. Lol.

+ cjkloster on February 26th, 2016 at 7:07 pm said:

You guys nail “Kloster” every time, and then second guess yourself each time afterwards. You’re the only people on earth that get it right, so just go with your gut from here on out.

I was going to school you on the netflix marvel shows but jgrizzle beat me to it. I will also add that you should watch daredevil first. I won’t spoil anything here, but let’s just say that there is a minor reason to watch them in order, especially if you’re planning on watching both anyways.

Also, my favorite dialog-free movie of all time is Steve McQueen’s Lemans. An awesome flick if if you’re into art movies and cars. It was so wild that no major studios would go near it so McQueen financed it himself, and lost a boatload of money as the general public didn’t get it.

Thanks for my Friday fix. Have a good weekend!

+ jgrizzle358 on February 26th, 2016 at 7:27 pm said:

Somehow I missed the part about dialogue free movies but, if you don’t count four or five song lyrics As dialog, I would recommend Daft Punk: Interstellar 5555. It’s a movie about aliens that gets kidnapped by a record producer around Earth and forced to play for him and their friend has to save them. The whole thing is done to the music from their Discovery album. It is truly one of my favorite anime movies.

+ Mercenary09 on February 27th, 2016 at 1:49 pm said:

Excited for Heavy Rain next week but disappointed that we don’t get the Physical copy that EU does. You guys asked which of the two does your community prefer so I’ll answer by saying that Heavy Rain was far and away better than Beyond was. It told a better story overall. Can’t wait for Detroit to come out on PS4.

+ Valde_zerocool on February 29th, 2016 at 9:57 am said:

Paragon is a game in looking forward to, however for those looking to get something like that now Smite is available in Alpha right now, and unlike most Alphas everything carries over to full release, according to the FAQ.

In the PVZ talk I’m surprised the robust single player portion wasn’t a bigger selling point, both sides have tons of quests.