Uncharted 4

Feb 28

Broforce

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 3/1/2016

Broforce

Ryan Clements's Avatar Posted by on Feb 28, 2016 // Senior Specialist, SIEA Social Media

The Drop

Ladies and gentlemen: freedom is at stake. But not to worry, because an unstoppable troop of bros has arrived on PS4 to protect it. It’s time for Broforce.

Command a variety of bros as you battle enemy soldiers, aliens, and even demons in this over-the-top, side-scrolling shooter. Unleash devastation across fully destructible levels with explosive weaponry and razor-sharp melee attacks. Be the bro you were meant to be.

If you’re not feeling bro-ish, have no fear — there’s a huge lineup of new games coming to PlayStation this week. The branching thriller Heavy Rain launches on PS4 alongside the gory and grotesque fighter Mortal Kombat XL.

For the full list of new games on the way, head below. And enjoy the Drop!

Broforce

New Releases: March 1st, 2016
Alekhine’s Gun
PS4 — Digital, Retail

Alekhine's Gun
You are Agent Alekhine, a highly skilled Russian assassin working alongside American CIA agents during the Cold War. As the tension of a nuclear standoff grows with each passing minute, the fate of America — and quite possibly the world — lies within your hands.

Broforce
PS4 — Digital

Broforce
When evil threatens the world, the world calls on Broforce — an under-funded, over-powered paramilitary organization dealing exclusively in excessive force. Battle alone or online with four-player co-op and bring down anything that stands in the way of freedom!

Croixleur Sigma
PS Vita — Digital (Cross Buy with PS4)

Croixleur Sigma

Wielding magic blades, four girls fight back successive waves of monsters in this exhilarating hack-and-slash action game. There are various battle styles and you can mix and match, and four weapons to form your own play style.

Gunscape
PS4 — Digital

Gunscape

Gunscape provides easy-to-use tools based on a block-placement interface everybody’s already familiar with to create all types of maps. Don’t like building stuff? Then just blast your way through hordes of monsters or duel with other players!

Heavy Rain
PS4 — Digital

Heavy Rain on PS4
Heavy Rain is an ambitious project that tells a complex story through contextual actions and realistic visuals. Embracing the idea of “interactive storytelling,” the game is built around an emotive and compelling proposition: “How far would you go to save someone you love?”

Ironcast
PS4 — Digital

Ironcast
Ironcast is a game of steampunk mech combat, set in a fictional version of the Victorian Era. Players take control of a 7 meter tall walking vehicle called an Ironcast. You must face off against an invading force of enemy Ironcast in order to defend 1880’s Victorian England.

McDroid
PS4 — Digital

McDroid on PS4
McDroid is a combination of tower defense and action. You’ll have to build your base and defenses, harvest resources, and discover numerous sci-fi weapons as swarms of alien enemies come at you. Stay on your toes all the time!

Mortal Kombat XL
PS4 — Digital, Retail

Mortal Kombat XL

One of the best-selling titles of 2015 has gone XL! Komplete The Mortal Kombat X Experience with new and existing content. Includes the main game, and new playable characters Alien, Leatherface, Triborg, and Bo’Rai Cho. Previously released playable characters include Predator, Jason Voorhees, Tremor, Tanya, and Goro. Also includes the new skins pack Apocalypse Pack and all previously released skins packs.

Pirate Solitaire
PS Vita — Digital

Pirate Solitaire

Outwit the old sea dog and seize the pirates’ gold! Play solitaire right on the deck of the reavers’ ship. Levels of varying difficulty promise several hours of exciting gameplay, and unique golden cards make the game even more interesting.

Royal Defense: Invisible Threat
PS Vita — Digital

Royal Defense: Invisible Threat

The castle needs a hero as hordes of trolls are surrounding it! Build towers, save money, learn spells, and keep the enemy away. Follow the exciting story of the dwarven kingdom’s eternal struggle against the troll hordes, who want only to crush the dwarves and claim their territory.

Screencheat
PS4 — Digital

Screencheat on PS4
Screencheat is a split-screen, first-person shooter that centers around the conceit of screen cheating/peeping/looking (looking at the screens of other players to locate their position). In Screencheat all players are invisible, turning this controversial tactic into the core mechanic of the game.

Square Heroes
PS4 — Digital

Square Heroes on PS4
There’s nothing more satisfying than mowing down your buddy, hearing them curse, and then doing it again just to rub it in. Square Heroes has been driven by a desire to recapture that feeling and share it with others. It’s a great party game: easy to pick up, but hard to master — and most fun when played with friends.

PlayStation Music Logo

• Bas – Too High To Riot
  • Mike Snow – III
  • Violent Femmes – We Can Do Anything

PlayStation Video Logo

• Alvin and the Chipmunks:The Road Chip
  • Carol
  • Legend

PlayStation Vue Logo

• Gotham- Feb. 29 at 8/7c (FOX)
  • Blindspot- Feb. 29 at 10/9c (NBC)
  • Ink Master- March 1 at 10/9c (Spike)

The information above is subject to change without notice.

131 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ Sora9669 on February 28th, 2016 at 10:07 am said:

Beyond!

Hopefully we’ll get the FINAL FANTASY XIII series on PlayStation 4 one day. Can’t wait for Motomu Toriyama’s new project!

+ GaMeR_bOi_83 on February 28th, 2016 at 3:04 pm said:

Oh God please no. I rather they bring more indie games then FF 13.

+ CYLON3173 on February 28th, 2016 at 3:06 pm said:

“BEYOND!!!” – btw that pic Greg tweeted of those 3 yesterday was KINDA great.

+ DMCCALLISTER on February 28th, 2016 at 6:10 pm said:

I want XII before anything else. I tried playing it on a PS2, but the graphics hurt my eyes, literally.

+ SureBigBuster on February 28th, 2016 at 8:44 pm said:

Lmao so many great FF’s and you ask for literally the worst one? Geez…

+ ABTBenjamins on February 28th, 2016 at 9:20 pm said:

XII was rough because it was right at that point where developers were considering high poly, but it just wasn’t possible to pull a high enough resolution on modern tv’s for it to look good. Had some of the best boss fights I’ve ever experienced in a FF game, though.

+ ravenn411 on February 29th, 2016 at 12:46 am said:

No, I hope not.
    I haven’t finished FFXIII yet and haven’t started playing XIII-2 and LR on PS3.

But If they do, then, well…screw it.
    What I don’t like it is that the developers and Sony are bringing old titles for a new hardware which looks like, its either the developers wanted their creation to look better on a newer hardware or just being lazy to make a new one. Seems like most of them don’t want to risk making a new game because of worrying that the PS4 might not able to handle it?
    I hope they change their minds soon.

+ Seluhir on February 29th, 2016 at 4:40 am said:

That’d be cool, but I don’t know how much better FFXIII could look really.

I think FFXIII is too controversial to get that kind of attention these days sadly… too many people never gave themselves the chance to like it because it wasn’t trying to hide the fact that it was linear(all ff are linear almost, most just hid it better)

+ Trendy_Kid on February 29th, 2016 at 7:01 am said:

Lightning Returns is my favorite. Would love to play that again. Have it on PC but it’s just not the same!

+ XxKNIGHT742xX on February 29th, 2016 at 11:31 pm said:

OK, time to everyone to be a little fair: FFXIII is not the worst in the series, there’s the ones which were only sold in occident cuz squaresoft. believed the FF plots were TOO complex for the “inferior” western players (seriously, don’t remeber the name but google it if don’t believe me)
    13 has many good things specially in narrative and some characters (of course is not 7, is not 8 (personal favorite), and of course IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO 6) Its only true crime is not being as good as the previous ones. This does not apply to 13-2 even if i liked Serah but the gameplay was just…. you understand, don’t want the moderators over me.
    Anyway I prefer 12 too not cuz 13 is the worst, but cuz i’ve never played it.

+ OctoWhopper on February 28th, 2016 at 10:11 am said:

If we already have C. Sigma will we be able to get it for Vita?

+ Mercenary09 on February 28th, 2016 at 11:14 am said:

Yes it says right in the post above that it is Cross-Buy with the PS4 version.

+ LeandroDiFini on February 28th, 2016 at 10:12 am said:

Pretty nice week.

+ teardrop19 on February 28th, 2016 at 10:14 am said:

Heavy Rain should hold me over until The Division!

+ NX_Nytrux on February 28th, 2016 at 10:21 am said:

PS2 Classics Wish List:
– Silent Hill 2/3/The Room/Origins (i don’t like HD remasters)
– Valkyrie Profile 2 Silmeria
– Obscure 1/2
– Xenosaga 1/2/3
– Hounting Ground

+ NinjaMicWZ on February 28th, 2016 at 10:24 am said:

Shining Force EXA is all I really want.

+ poodude on February 28th, 2016 at 10:57 am said:

Drakengard would be a great addition as well.

+ gameman15 on February 28th, 2016 at 11:03 am said:

Or how about even better. How about adding compatibility with PS1 and PS2 game running on the original discs through software emulation with little-to-no issue on PS4. And for those who say that I get “Share functionality, trophies, and up-rendered graphics” if I “purchase” (re-buy) them on PS4, guess what? I DON’T CARE! AND NEITHER DOES ANYONE!

+ Seluhir on February 28th, 2016 at 11:51 am said:

@gameman15

How many times do people have to tell you that the type of emulation you ask for is virtually impossible on the ps4 due to its hardware specs. Even high end pcs struggle with ps2 software emulation, leading to buggy experiences. That type of issue that would get Sony more ill-will than good-will if they did it, especially since the ps4 is nowhere near as strong as a high end pc.

PS1 MIGHT be possible, but it’d probably still be a buggy and glitch-filled experience that few would enjoy.

+ gohan16ken on February 28th, 2016 at 12:05 pm said:

@Seluhir if it is impossible to support PS2 emulation on PS4, how did Sony re-release PS2 GTA 3 on PS4? This tells me it is possible. But here is my question, Sony has proof that I bought GTA 3 digitally on my PS3…why do I have to pay for it again at $15 on the PS4? I did not ask for trophies or upscale graphics. And if you are going to give me that, why can’t I just pay a $5 upgrade fee. For the first month of release, those who previously bought it, get to pay a $5 upgrade fee. After that, you pay full price. I support gameman15 though I do not care about physical BC. I believe in a post iPhone age, digital BC should be the norm. And this impossibility argument people have been making with playing Xbox games on XB360 and playing XB360 games on XB1 and playing previous Nintendo consoles games on Wii and Wii U. It is not impossible. Sony just makes more money having us re-purchase a game instead of just allowing me to play games I already bought.

+ Shinigami82402 on February 28th, 2016 at 12:40 pm said:

I would like to see .Hack//G.U. trilogy to be brought to the ps4 as well.

@gameman15: You have your right to your opinion but there are plenty of people who enjoy having trophies, share play, etc. Plenty of people love those added extras..which…makes your statement redundant. Do I agree that I wish sony would allow us to buy these at a reduced price if you bought them off of psn…yes i do. Paying $15-$20 really isn’t all that bad. I would rather have these games run better on the newer systems then what some of them ran on older systems.

+ Beyondthegrave07 on February 28th, 2016 at 1:18 pm said:

@gohan. Two problems with your suggestion. 1. It is possible to emulate like you said, but they have to redo a lot of the coding to make it playable on the ps4. It’s not as simple as putting in an update to read disks. 2. How is Sony supposed to know you previously bought a ps1/Ps2 game. Send them your copy? Sony runs a business, not a charity foundation

+ gohan16ken on February 28th, 2016 at 8:44 pm said:

Clearly @Beyondthegrave07 you did not read what I wrote. I bought the games digitally on PSN. Therefore, Sony knows I bought them. I said nothing about disc.

+ ABTBenjamins on February 28th, 2016 at 9:24 pm said:

@goham16ken

Personally, if I wanted to play crappy looking PS2 games, I’d hook up a PS2. I kind of wish Sony wouldn’t have spent time working on any kind of emulation for the PS4. It redirects development resources away from features that actually matter in a modern gaming console.

+ gohan16ken on February 28th, 2016 at 10:48 pm said:

@ABTBenjamins I predict that you are under 30yrs and did not grow up with a SNES. I do not mean that as an insult. But in my unscientific research, I realized that gamers who do not care about BC are usually under 30yr or hardcore gamers (who can be over 30yr) or never had a SNES. Those who are over 30 or not hardcore gamers or had a SNES wants BC. Yes, this is a very broad overgeneralization. I do have a PS2. But I want one console. Again, in a post-iPhone age, digital BC should be the norm. My games does not stop working when I get a new iPhone. Nintendo and Microsoft both support digital BC. Games are art and should be preserved. BC does that.

+ ZeRiTo87 on February 29th, 2016 at 2:47 am said:

@gohan16ken as someone who is under 30, grew up with a SNES (hell it’s the console I have ever had the most games for) and its not a hardcore gamer all I have to say is get over it. Yes, there is a market for BC, and I would love to revisit some of the great PS2 era RPGs I have in my collection but most people don’t care and the ones that care what really want is PS3 BC, no one ever expects a console to be BC two gens back.

+ gohan16ken on February 29th, 2016 at 5:30 am said:

@ZeRiTo87 I think you are both agreeing and disagreeing with me :)

+ Seluhir on February 29th, 2016 at 7:57 am said:

@gameman They have to recode the games to work properly with the PS4. The games aren’t EXACTLY being emulated, they’re being restructured to work on PS4 via a partially emulated platform. That’s why they charge the money they do for them. To adjust the code to work with the new platform.

Sony is gradually working to do this for more games, but there’s a lot of work and licensing involved, which is what you are paying for. The trophies and smoothed out graphics are the something they do along the way, but the main work is debugging it and adjusting the code to work on a new platform.

+ Rezznak on February 28th, 2016 at 10:22 am said:

all I want to know is WHEN IS SHADOW OF THE BEAST AND ALIENATION RELEASING!?!!!!!!???

+ teardrop19 on February 28th, 2016 at 10:29 am said:

Alienation is March 23rd. Not sure about the other game.

+ Rezznak on February 28th, 2016 at 10:43 am said:

@teardrop, ugh no that is the release date for EU they haven’t announced for U.S. YET.

+ Mercenary09 on February 28th, 2016 at 11:14 am said:

I expect both of those to be part of the Spring Fever 2016 Promotion and we should be hearing about that really soon.

+ andymortalkomba1 on March 1st, 2016 at 5:01 pm said:

I feel you’re pain as well for Shadow of the Beast.

I’ve been looking in the UK PSN store how the release date kept changing from March 2nd to May 17 each day.

As of now, it remains on May 17.

Hopefully the US pre-order version of the game comes out early before its release because I want to pre order the game to get the exclusive Shadow of the Beast PS4 theme.

+ NinjaMicWZ on February 28th, 2016 at 10:24 am said:

Where is Assault Android Cactus? I assume it was ready to go on Tuesday if it had been voted in last month… are they waiting for a better week?

Nothing for me this week it looks like. Croixleur Sigma looks like something I would’ve bought if it had a physical release.

+ clittle28 on February 28th, 2016 at 10:46 am said:

It comes out March 8th per their facebook page.

+ supvic on February 28th, 2016 at 1:37 pm said:

They’re probably delaying Henk and Cactus to force us to play Broforce first. I can’t believe the bro marketing hype convinced people to see through the shallow gameplay, it’s easily one of the worst games ever on PS+ (I’ve played it on PC). I tried the Cactus demo on Steam and it is insanely good, but I’ll buy it on PS4 for the local co-op.

+ helbertpina on February 28th, 2016 at 10:33 am said:

Nice discount on Heavy Rain for Beyond Two Souls owners? *wink, wink*

+ Skater_Ricky on February 28th, 2016 at 10:38 am said:

Missing something Ryan? According to my PlayStation gaming calendar you mentioned the following game.

“The Witch and the Hundred Knight: Revival Edition Hits PS4 March 1st”

+ Sonicfan11589 on February 28th, 2016 at 10:46 am said:

I heard Europe players who bought Beyond 2 Souls digital get a discount for Heavy Rain. What about the US?

+ Mercenary09 on February 28th, 2016 at 11:15 am said:

We will get a discount too. They said it when Beyond came out on PS4 back in November.

+ poodude on February 28th, 2016 at 10:59 am said:

Nothing for me this week outside of Broforce. I wanted to get Alekhine’s Gun and Screencheat as well but don’t have the cash. Oh well!

+ gohan16ken on February 28th, 2016 at 11:01 am said:

Hey Sony,

When will you discuss your PS3 plans? Will the PS3 be discontinued this year? Besides for Amazon and GameStop, I have been unable to find any new PS3s. And the ones on Amazon are sold by third party. I am still able to easily find XB360 on Microsoft Store and everywhere. The PS2 was discontinued 7yrs after the PS3 game out, so I was hoping that you will keep making the PS3 until 2020 (or at least to 2019 to make it 13 yrs like the PS2). Also, when you discontinue the PS3, what will happen to PSN on the PS3? I only buy games digitally. I have 164 games installed on my 1.5TB PS3 and have another 136 games not installed. Will my games stop working? Will I be able to redownload them? Can you please support plug and play with external HDD for PS3? Also, please remove the 10% HDD reserve for future OS update? And, allow the PS3 to recognize 2TB HDD? Thanks.

+ NinjaMicWZ on February 28th, 2016 at 11:06 am said:

Wow, that’s a lot of digital games you’re going to lose in the future. Yikes. All tied to a PSN name, too.

+ gohan16ken on February 28th, 2016 at 11:16 am said:

@NinjaMicWZ I hope I do not. I have about the same digital games on XB360 but thankfully Microsoft supports plug and play for external HDD so I made several back up copies. PS3 does support external backup but it is a lot harder and more complicated. But I am fearing I may lose out :( I just bought an extra PS3 so that I can make that as a backup copy. And if Sony supports two step verification for PSN, that will help me protect my PSN ID easier.

+ djsaiyan on February 28th, 2016 at 11:43 am said:

I didn’t even know 1.5 TB HDs work in PS3s. I thought the limit was 1 TB.

+ Seluhir on February 28th, 2016 at 11:53 am said:

PS3 software still sells quite well. There’s no reason for them to discontinue supporting it any time soon since it is still printing them a lot of revenue.

Not to mention there are still some quite notable ps3 titles set to release this year.

+ God-Of-Lyf on February 28th, 2016 at 11:55 am said:

Check Target. Grabbed a system last week and they still had 3 left. Also Walmart by me had 2 systems about a month ago. Sadly when I asked Gamestop they were sold out and not sure if they would get any more. Hope that helps…!

+ gohan16ken on February 28th, 2016 at 12:11 pm said:

Thanks @God-Of-Lyf, I was checking online at Target, Walmart, Best Buy, and Toys R Us and could not find a NEW PS3. I did find a new PS3 on GameStop and Amazon. However, the Amazon one are lose by third party and OVERPRICED. I was able to buy a 12GB PS3 and I will be putting a 1.5TB HDD in it. @Seluhir, originally I felt that when I saw that they bought PS Now and PS Vue to the PS3. To me, this tells me that they will support it for an extended period of time. But then last year the PS3 was discontinued in New Zealand. And I can not find the PS3 on the Sony Store. Which made me wonder a discontinuation is coming in 2016. So, my concern is with PSN. I am ok with Sony stop allowing new purchase and online play on PSN. But will they allow me to re-download previous games when PSN on the PS3 goes down.

+ Tommygunnz98 on February 29th, 2016 at 7:12 pm said:

Reading above I see you’re above thirty, how are you over thirty and still don’t have a ps4 broke ass? No one cares about PS3 anymore. Mine collects dust along with my fifty plus digital games on it but idc, I’ve been gaming over 30 years I know when it’s time to move on to the next system. Stop sounding like a bum.

+ gohan16ken on February 29th, 2016 at 7:25 pm said:

@Tommygunnz98 that was mean :(

+ COD_WAW_rules on February 28th, 2016 at 11:18 am said:

How’s it going Ryan Clements

Over a month ago, I posted a comment on the Playstation Blogcast 192 blog post that contained a list that I want the board of Sony executives to look at.

I don’t know if you remember, but the list looked like this:

1. Please make PS2 games on PS4 cross-buy ($5 discount for Platinum trophy PS2 games, except GTA: San Andreas) with PS2 classics on PS3, that is unfair & a big slap to the face to PS3 owners who bought those games as PS2 classics.

2. Please release the PS2 version of Donald Duck Goin Quackers as a PS2 game on PS4 and/or PS2 classic on PS3, as well as Haunting Ground & Sonic Heroes.

3. Please release the PSone game Ms. Pac-Man Maze Madness on the Playstation Store, that game is listed on the ESRB website for PS3 and Vita.

4. Please work extremely 100% close with Square Enix’s USA division & release the PSone game Pandemonium 2 as a PSone classic on the PlayStation Store.

5. Please make the Dualshock 4 100% compatible with the PS3 (meaning making the PS button, rumble, & Sixaxis controls work).

6. please release a 1TB super slim PS3 and discontinue the 500GB model, 500GB is not enough storage for games like Yakuza 5.

+ COD_WAW_rules on February 28th, 2016 at 11:19 am said:

(Part 2 to my Question)

It’s near the end of February, and NONE of these things have happened yet.

I STILL see the price of $9.99 on the PS4 versions of Twisted Metal Black, Star Wars Racer Revenge, & Star Wars Bounty Hunter.

I STILL don’t see the PS2 version of Donald Duck Goin Quackers, Haunting Ground, Sonic Heroes, Ms. Pac-Man Maze Madness, & Pandemonium 2 released digitally on the Playstation Store.

I STILL don’t see super slim 1TB PS3s (nor any super slim 500GB PS3s) at my local Best Buy or see an Amazon product page of the super slim 1TB PS3.

I STILL can’t use the Sixaxis controls & use the PS button on the Dualshock 4 when paired with PS3.

Right after you saw my list & replied to my comment, what exactly did you do after that? Did you talk about this with Justin Masongill, Did you share this with the board of executives, the Sony community management team, the people who made the Dualshock 4 compatible with the PS3 & PS TV, or anyone else at Sony who can make these things ACTUALLY happen!!!

Can you please give me an update on at least one of these things?

Thanks and I will look forward to your response.

+ gohan16ken on February 28th, 2016 at 11:22 am said:

Hey,

I was able to buy a 1.5TB HDD for $75 on Amazon. I hope this helps.

+ gameman15 on February 28th, 2016 at 11:36 am said:

@COD_WAW_rules they also need to add compatibility with PS1 games and PS2 games on the PS4, and PSone Classics compatibility/cross-buy support on PS4 as well. For those who suggest to re-buy them on PS4 so I can get “share functionality, trophies, and up-rendered graphics”, please refer to my last comment.

+ gameman15 on February 28th, 2016 at 11:38 am said:

and when I mean compatibility with PS1 games and PS2 games on the PS4, I mean compatibility with them on the original discs through software emulation. And yes, the PS4 does support CDs, it’s just that Sony hasn’t enabled that support. Yet.

+ Seluhir on February 28th, 2016 at 11:54 am said:

I hope this answer’s your concerns sufficiently.

+ The_NMAC on February 28th, 2016 at 2:46 pm said:

So how much power do you think Ryan actually has? He would not be able to give these directly to the board of Sony executives.

I am sure for PS2 games that will end up on PS4 your suggestions are on the bottom of the totem pole, also they would be tied to the actually IP holders and publishers almost more than Sony. No one cares about those games.

Your other things are novel, however not already unknown items that the entire PS community has been asking for and you probably won’t see any traction on in the near future.

In terms of DS4 working on PS3, I doubt that will fully happen as the focus is on PS4 going forward. My guess is we will never see a full firmware upgrade with big features beyond Small security upgrades going forward. Just get your expectations in line.

I guess ask for less crazy things, in less crazy ways, with less crazy demands on who they should go to.

+ Erlaxis on February 28th, 2016 at 4:41 pm said:

LOL, I just imagined Ryan contacting Andrew House tomorrow morning, “Hey, Andy, we need to talk. COD WOW just posted some comments on the blog”.

+ ZeRiTo87 on February 29th, 2016 at 2:53 am said:

@COD_WAW_rules

Do I sense a feeling of selfish entitlement on this post? Maybe that’s why they don’t listen to you.

+ zirocrath on February 29th, 2016 at 7:20 am said:

Hahahahaha made my day…

Make a petition at list, collect firms… I dunno… You think even a junior assistant in Sony raises an eyebrow on a comment as this?

Make it more professional, have others support you, and tone in WAY DOWN… maybe then they’ll even read it

+ the_f_i_n_e_s_t on February 28th, 2016 at 11:33 am said:

I’m begging you Sony, PPPLLLEEEAAASSSEEE can you get or make an Dailymotion app for the PS4/Vita (the PS4 to have it first then the Vita). I would be highly grateful and appreciative toward this kind gesture. Thank you Sony

+ NMeck702 on February 28th, 2016 at 11:42 am said:

Do the games that lost the vote no longer come out on the first? Was looking forward to checking out Action Henk. Looks like Alekhine’s Gun will be my jam this week.

+ Mercenary09 on February 28th, 2016 at 12:02 pm said:

Action Henk and Assault Android Cactus both come out on March 8th with a 30% discount for Plus members.

+ clupula668 on February 28th, 2016 at 12:50 pm said:

Personally, I do care about the new resolution and trophies. So, I don’t mind buying them again. I sold all my old PS2 games, anyway.

As for what games I want to see… Xenosaga 1-3, the three Shadow Hearts games, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, Persona 3: FES, Digital Devil Saga 1&2, the Wild Arms games, Star Ocean 3, Rule of Rose, Dragon Quest VIII.

+ Strathmore on February 28th, 2016 at 12:50 pm said:

Does Heavy Rain on the PS4 include the Taxidermist dlc?

+ Mercenary09 on February 28th, 2016 at 3:20 pm said:

+ clupula668 on February 28th, 2016 at 12:52 pm said:

I do, however, agree that if you bought a PS2 game on PS3, you should get it on PS4, maybe, as someone else suggested, only charge a $5 upgrade fee. I’d be fine with that.

+ clupula668 on February 28th, 2016 at 12:53 pm said:

“Companies generally don’t make large sweeping changes based off of a single person’s insane ranting.”

Well, unless that person is Miyamoto. :p

+ perrandy on February 28th, 2016 at 1:00 pm said:

RIP vita tv .the device has been discontinued in japan.so, this means that we will never get spotify for it nor netflix.its a shame that its dead since it was a neat device.:(

+ NASAfunk on February 28th, 2016 at 1:48 pm said:

I gotta have more Brigandine: The Legend of Forsena (PS1 Classic)…I’ll even pay twice for a translated Grand Edition! My money is standing by for this order, Sony/Atlus.

+ DeathGazer on February 28th, 2016 at 2:00 pm said:

BROFORCE!!!

+ OurMisery on February 28th, 2016 at 3:12 pm said:

I think you missed The Witch and The Hundred Knight on the list. :D

+ Souledge94 on February 28th, 2016 at 3:14 pm said:

You guys missed The Witch and the Hundred Knight: Revival Edition.

+ Darksector90 on February 28th, 2016 at 3:17 pm said:

Can Heavy Rain be bought separately from Beyond Two Souls? Like “standalone”? BTW, BEYOND!!!

+ Mercenary09 on February 28th, 2016 at 3:21 pm said:

Yes they are both sold separately in the US. EU is the one that gets the retail version that comes with both.

+ TheHerbinator75 on February 28th, 2016 at 3:50 pm said:

I am glad that I was patient and waited on Mortal Kombat X as I knew a game of the year edition would eventually get released. My digital version of Mortal Kombat XL is already pre-loaded and ready to go at midnight EST on Monday.

+ AizawaYuuichi on February 28th, 2016 at 4:47 pm said:

Whelp, McDroid is the only thing that I’m even slightly interested in this week, other than Heavy Rain… but I’m still waiting to see if Sony plans to eventually give us a retail release of that and Beyond: Two Souls together.

Last month, I already owned both PS+ games on PS4. This month, I have no interest in the game that won the vote, and I already own Galax-Z, so my backlog is safe again. Silver lining, I guess…

+ duke301 on February 28th, 2016 at 5:23 pm said:

Heavy Rain is definitely worth picking up. It was the precursor to Beyond: Two Souls. Both were great on PS3, and it’s great to have them both remastered for PS4, especially with the new one (the title escapes me) coming down the pike.

+ JuggaloHomie4321 on February 28th, 2016 at 5:43 pm said:

Alekhiens Gun looks like a good game to get but I hope Sony this is a message for you please put this ps2 title on ps4. Scarface The World Is Yours it was such a great game on ps2 and I would like it if you brought to ps4

+ Zaxtor99 on February 28th, 2016 at 7:30 pm said:

What is the price going to be for the digital download of Heavy Rain.. and as someone asked above, will it include the taxidermist DLC? Also… it IS redone for the PS4 in higher resolution graphics then it’s 2010 release on the PS3, correct?

Mainly, I just want to know what the price will be however, thanks!

+ Mercenary09 on February 28th, 2016 at 9:04 pm said:

Yes it includes the DLC and yes the graphics have been improved on the PS4 version. No word on price yet but probably $20-$30. If you own Beyond Two Souls on PS4 you will get a discount on Heavy Rain.

+ Atlas-Revolt on February 28th, 2016 at 7:31 pm said:

Can someone tell me if or when Kings Field 1 or 2 is coming to ps3 and vita through the ps classics on ps store.. Thx

+ OPT1CS on February 28th, 2016 at 9:28 pm said:

Looking forward to Heavy Rain, but I didn’t buy BTS yet. I’d buy BTS now, but I’m unsure if the game will get a discount during the upcoming week’s PSN sale. Also unsure if I need to buy BTS before HR hit to get that discount.

+ Omzero on February 28th, 2016 at 9:53 pm said:

Where’s The Witch and the Hundred Knight: Revival Edition? It comes out on the 1st.

+ HellBringer1975 on February 28th, 2016 at 11:59 pm said:

I find people that want BC are fans of old games or just to poor to keep up with all the new stuff and need games but you saying thats its people under 30 that dont care , now thats a is a joke , nearly every one i know and i am 39 and my friends are all over 30 think BC is a joke and a waste of resources and time .

why play old games again i have played when every week there are great new games releasing and most older gamers hardcore gamers as you made it sound have there ps2 or ps1 still so go plug that in and play . also selling games for $15 is cheap how spoiled are gamers that they cry about everything now days LOL $15 for ps2 games thats upscaled and trophies added , wow a little more than dinner at McDonalds and your complaining . go sell your ps4 go retro gaming but stop acting like the majority of gamers even care for BC as most dont its a niche group. look at xbox they made it sound so good its a joke , at this rate they wont even have 5% of there catalog before the next systems come out .

+ HellBringer1975 on February 29th, 2016 at 12:01 am said:

Way to many self entitled people that think retro is fine and it is but not when it hold back current systems and you have plenty of ways to play older games . sorry but do some research they would lose tons of cash considering what they would need to put in to get it working and just as all those babies wanted and signed petitions for stuff and then when the game released what happened 15% who signed the petition bought it because most gamers are delusional they will cry and brute and sign petitions and then not buy the dam thing and the company loses because of that and you wonder why companies started playing it safe now days .

+ cochise1138 on March 1st, 2016 at 1:36 pm said:

Speaking of research, there are also many online resources pertaining to punctuation.

+ medenko1975 on February 29th, 2016 at 1:35 am said:

why no movies or comparision for HEAVY RAIN PS4/PS3?

+ TJ_Solo on February 29th, 2016 at 4:26 am said:

You’re missing The Witch and the Hundred Knight: Revival Edition and Deponia Doomsday for PS4.

+ AdvisingNumber on February 29th, 2016 at 10:39 pm said:

Yea just got my Limited Edition of The Witch and the Hundred Knight in today, to bad i had to go work right after cant wait to play this when i get home.

+ zirocrath on February 29th, 2016 at 4:28 am said:

At last!!! Heavy Rain!! I completely missed it in PS3 (I never had the console..)

+ KidGreengene on February 29th, 2016 at 5:09 am said:

Heavy Rain creeped up on me. Anyone remember/know what the discount is for the people that own Beyond?

+ XeahuleXolic on February 29th, 2016 at 6:04 am said:

wooo Broforce !!!!!!

+ Xanthus179 on February 29th, 2016 at 6:29 am said:

I can see people recreating Duke Nukem levels in Gunscape. Should be interesting.

+ OPT1CS on February 29th, 2016 at 8:28 am said:

What’s with all these people complaining about BC games and remasters being a waste? Has it ever occurred to you that maybe there are new gamers out there? This gen being their first gen or maybe people never got around to playing it before. You can call it a cheap and easy cash grab, but that cash grab will help support future titles and even gain more fans. Also, depending on the game, the game could get the player up to date with the story.
The most important thing about these games and every game is that you don’t have to buy it. If it’s not for you, then it’s not for you. Don’t act like every game is meant for you.

+ BladeGash on February 29th, 2016 at 8:32 am said:

I hope they bring the Xenosaga Trilogy, and the .Hack series to the PS2 Classics some day.

+ Welmosca on February 29th, 2016 at 9:20 am said:

Hmm that Alekhine’s Gun game sounds nice,never heard of it…gotta search for some gameplay.
And ha it was worth the wait…I knew a complete edition would be released since the beginning,now I can finally buy MK X.
Also nice to see Screencheat being released,I’ll be getting it at some point…been a while since I screencheated in a game,should be fun to relive that.

+ SongbirdsRevenge on February 29th, 2016 at 9:27 am said:

What’s the status of Shadow of the Beast? Last I heard it was supposed to come out March 2nd, but now there’s a rumor that it has been delayed to May.

+ MisterJumpMan on February 29th, 2016 at 10:10 am said:

WIsh you had the option to purchase the PS+ freebies (at a discount would be even better), instead of having to get them as a “freebie,” and tying them to your PS+ subscription. I’ve been looking forward to Broforce for a while and would like to outright own it.

+ pupfrolic on February 29th, 2016 at 10:18 am said:

AAA 3d platformers please.
I’m starving over here.

Anyone else think Gunscape has potential?

+ schmidt22 on February 29th, 2016 at 10:42 am said:

If I remember correctly, buying Beyond Two Souls when it came out would give a discount to heavy rain when it comes out. How will this work?

+ Mercenary09 on February 29th, 2016 at 12:14 pm said:

It works by making the price cheaper on the store if you have purchased Beyond Two Souls.

+ Tinye310 on February 29th, 2016 at 10:46 am said:

Totally didn’t know Croixleur Sigma was cross-buy. I was thinking that it would be so good on my Vita. That’s awesome! :D Where’s hundred knight revival?

+ DashReaper on February 29th, 2016 at 11:14 am said:

Heavy rain is 60fps is a buy but is not 60fps for me is no buy.

+ Welmosca on March 1st, 2016 at 11:23 am said: