Overwatch

Mar 02

PS Vue

Disney, ESPN Networks Join PlayStation Vue, Reduced Prices Start at $39.99

Eric Lempel's Avatar Posted by on Mar 02, 2016 // SVP, PlayStation Network

PlayStation Vue for PS4 and PS3 - My Shows ABC

The wait is over — starting today, PlayStation Vue gets a big boost in live sports, family, and primetime TV programming with the arrival of Disney and ESPN Media Networks. This adds popular channels fans have been waiting for, including ESPN, ESPN2, ABC, Disney Channel, and more.

On top of that, we’re reducing the price of all PlayStation Vue multi-channel plans by $10. New subscribers get the pricing immediately along with a seven-day free trial. Current subscribers will see this reduced pricing reflected in their next billing cycle. Below are the monthly promotional prices.

• Access: 60+ channels – includes broadcast TV, cable, movies and sports, available for $39.99
  • Core: 75+ channels – includes all the channels in Access with the addition of regional sports networks, available for $44.99
  • Elite: 100+ channels – features all the channels in Access and Core, with the addition of more sports channels, top movie and entertainment networks, available for $54.99

PlayStation Vue for PS4 and PS3 - Favorite Channels

Here’s the channel lineup and plans for Disney and ESPN Media Networks that are being added today.

Disney/ABC Television Group

• ABC (Access)
  • Disney Channel (Access)
  • Disney Junior (Access)
  • Disney XD (Access)
  • Freeform (Access)
  • Fusion (Elite)

ESPN

• ESPN (Access)
  • ESPN 2 (Access)
  • ESPNU (Core)
  • ESPNEWS (Core)
  • SEC Network (Core)

PlayStation Vue for PS4 and PS3 - My ShowsPlayStation Vue for PS4 and PS3 - My Shows

With a PlayStation Vue subscription, users can access apps from Disney and ESPN Media Networks simply by logging in with their PSN login on a compatible device. Popular apps including WatchESPN, WATCH ABC and Disney Channel will be available for use at no additional cost.

Also today, ABC local stations will be added to New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia and San Francisco. Plans to add ABC video on-demand programming for Dallas and Miami will be announced at a later date.

In addition, the following channels will also be added to PlayStation Vue at a later date: ESPN3, ESPN Goal Line, ESPN Buzzer Beater, ESPN Bases Loaded, Longhorn Network, ESPN Deportes and ESPN Classic. You can find more information about plans, channel lineup and compatible devices on psvue.com.

We’re listening to your feedback and are working on getting PlayStation Vue out to more cities. Stay tuned for more updates or visit the official PlayStation Vue site.

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Cadiman1983 on March 2nd, 2016 at 8:34 am said:

I know it is a pipe dream right now, but get the NFL package, and I’ll switch over in a heartbeat.

+ zychi on March 2nd, 2016 at 4:34 pm said:

You can buy it separately now. Sunday ticket can be purchased as standalone now. I’ve used it the last two years.

+ Aaron2036 on March 2nd, 2016 at 8:59 pm said:

Can we PLEASE! get this in Louisiana already!? We are begging here! At least baton rouge and new Orleans to start. Please PlayStation!!

+ afunovitz22 on March 3rd, 2016 at 10:42 am said:

When will this be rolled out nationwide?? I live in wv and been waiting for this since was announced sucks it’s not open to everyone.

+ US_ARMY on March 2nd, 2016 at 8:36 am said:

Absolutely loving the service since making the switch over a month ago, not only did it save me money from Cable, the service, and user interface is by far the best out there, not to mention the amazing DVR features using the cloud. Now with ESPN and the Disney owned channels such as ABC, it is a spectacular service. Definitely recommend to anyone that has it in their area.

Eric Lempel's Avatar

+ Mary Taing on March 2nd, 2016 at 10:26 am said:

Thanks for the feedback – glad you like it!

+ sonarus on March 2nd, 2016 at 9:48 pm said:

It would be nice if we could get a comprehensive list of the channels in the various packages

+ tje420 on March 2nd, 2016 at 8:40 am said:

Will this even come to Canada?

+ DaJayhawkr on March 2nd, 2016 at 8:44 am said:

Expand the service nationwide already…

Eric Lempel's Avatar

+ Mary Taing on March 2nd, 2016 at 10:35 am said:

We’re working to add Vue to more cities. Stay tuned.

+ Rainwater on March 2nd, 2016 at 3:52 pm said:

Stop adding cities and start adding regions at least. Not living in a major city, you’ll never get to me at this rate.

+ SunYam on March 5th, 2016 at 5:59 pm said:

What happened to giving Vue to all of the US by the end of 2015? It’s now March 2016 and nothing, I have been waiting over a year for this.

+ Crunchewy on March 2nd, 2016 at 8:46 am said:

I’m ready to sign up for Core (assuming it has MASN/MASN2), you just need to make it available to me! An ETA for the Baltimore area would be nice.

+ Butters360 on March 2nd, 2016 at 8:58 am said:

Funny thing, I got a coupon for the Elite Package when i went to PSX in December. I WANT to use it but I need PSVue to come to Atlanta areas. I live in Newnan, GA, that’s about 45 minutes outside ATL.

+ Wtfman90 on March 2nd, 2016 at 9:04 am said:

Almost have all the channels I care for. And at 39.99! This is awesome. I will be getting this soon w/ showtime. Idk if it’s possible but add the CW and HBO please.

Eric Lempel's Avatar

+ Mary Taing on March 2nd, 2016 at 10:36 am said:

Thanks for the feedback. Noted!

+ ROBWILLYBOYD on March 2nd, 2016 at 6:50 pm said:

Is the charge annual or monthly for service?

+ tmiles07 on March 2nd, 2016 at 9:09 am said:

This looks really nice but hasn’t this been out for almost a year now? When will it come to the rest of the US and what about adding support for android devices and the Vita?

+ Butters360 on March 2nd, 2016 at 9:14 am said:

Only channel missing for me is CW Network but that’s covered with Hulu. Access Package for me once it’s available in my area.

+ reson8er on March 2nd, 2016 at 9:36 am said:

You could try the CW app, I use it to watch episodes of “The 100” all the time.

+ solace357 on March 2nd, 2016 at 9:17 am said:

This is a fantastic service, really hoping for a nationwide rollout. Excited for everyone else to see what a great service this is.

Im hoping the delay is just Sony fine-tuning to make it the best product it can be.

+ brianace on March 2nd, 2016 at 9:18 am said:

I dumped DirecTV last month for Vue, and I’m very happy to have these channels again! Missed the Oscars live, but other than that, I’ve sacrificed very little. This is a really good value for those where its available. Still trying to config the WiFi in my house so the PS3 running Vue in my bedroom works as well as the PS4 in the living room, but other than that, the service is a no-brainer. I’ve recommended to others.

+ arnoldmcguire335 on March 2nd, 2016 at 9:18 am said:

BIG YES!!! FINALLY! That took so long since the late 2015 announcement… But still hyped! Thank you Sony!

+ Warped on March 2nd, 2016 at 9:28 am said:

I’m still waiting on the NBCSN to watch some of the LA Kings games. Until then I dont think I can switch over even though I love the service. Just one more Channel!

+ US_ARMY on March 2nd, 2016 at 9:44 am said:

NBC Sports Network? Should be there with the core package. I watch it all the time for hockey and F1.

+ Gruntface25 on March 2nd, 2016 at 9:53 am said:

I watch a lot of soccer and hockey on NBCSN – they’ve had this channel for months and that includes use of the app.

+ Warped on March 4th, 2016 at 10:27 am said:

I must be blind or didn’t see the updated list on the one I was seeing with nbcsn. Thanks! Looks like ill be adding Vue now!

+ AnGuS1357 on March 2nd, 2016 at 9:29 am said:

PLEASE RELEASE A ROKU APP!!!!!! Im in the chicago area and would kill to ditch SlingTV for this but I need a whole home solution, cant depend on just the PS4. Lets go sony, if you have amazon then roku should be straight forward!

+ brianace on March 2nd, 2016 at 9:55 am said:

I know its not Roku, but I bought Amazon fire sticks for two TVs in the house, and Vue runs like a champ on them. They’re only like $35. Is Sling not good? I was considering before I decided on Vue.

+ TwinDad on March 2nd, 2016 at 8:52 pm said:

I can’t speak for the OP, but I have SlingTV for a year now. It has had a few issues, mostly during heavy usage times, but I think they have added more ability to stream, as it’s been a month or so since I’ve had a glitch during streaming. Watching Bein Sports right now as I type this.

+ Natureboy99 on March 2nd, 2016 at 9:29 am said:

Still waiting on Seattle area.

+ ajwilson55 on March 2nd, 2016 at 9:46 am said:

Took the words out of my mouth. Been exploring options from cable for a bit. If this comes to Seattle, I’m probably in.

+ mostrander on March 2nd, 2016 at 10:58 am said:

Also waiting on Seattle, although I’m not likely to stick with it unless they make a tvOS app for Apple TV. I don’t want to buy 1 or 2 more PS4’s just to watch TV, plus it sounds like a hair dryer when it’s working hard.

+ zombie9 on March 2nd, 2016 at 9:34 am said:

Still waiting on my city Indianapolis, IN. By the way Im still waiting on HBO GO app to work in this city also.. stupid cable company X some thing?

+ petethepanda on March 2nd, 2016 at 9:42 am said:

Any word on The CW? They went and started making some of the best shows on TV.

+ LiquidGotti on March 2nd, 2016 at 9:47 am said:

will we get a ESPN native app for the ps4?

+ reson8er on March 2nd, 2016 at 9:55 am said:

Signed up for a month, good move on your part. I would like to see another plan added in the future with less channels as well. Something in the $19.99 range as Sling TV does. This is a good first step though.

+ mixedkidbx on March 2nd, 2016 at 10:19 am said:

Not having ABC and CW is what has kept me from getting PS Vue. Now you just need to get CW.

The price drop is really really good. Hope to maybe see the price come down even more at some point

+ Sephy100 on March 2nd, 2016 at 12:31 pm said:

Not likely. This price is already a steal, especially for all the content that comes with it.

+ hackthis02 on March 2nd, 2016 at 1:56 pm said:

They added ABC back in November.

+ sabot37 on March 2nd, 2016 at 10:25 am said:

Awesome news! Please expand to more cities, I can’t wait to drop Sling TV and give you money

+ JeRzYzFyNeSt on March 2nd, 2016 at 7:40 pm said:

lmaooo…

+ Skater_Ricky on March 2nd, 2016 at 10:28 am said:

I’d love to try this service out. Hopefully someday it will come to Springfield, Missouri. I’d also like to see a $9.99 package deal. Maybe only local channels in my area or something like that.

Glade to see a reduced price and more channels added. I’m only interested in Access package because I’m not into sport’s.

Hopefully you can get CW added to the channel line up.

Not sure if it’s already support with a dedicated PlayStation Vue Android App but Google Chromecast support would be awesome on the App.

+ patthebaker321 on March 2nd, 2016 at 10:41 am said:

If you guys could add team sports channels for specific regions that would be PERFECT! Such as Time Warner Cable Sportnet for my Los Angeles Lakers, I’d be in immediately!!! Also HBO. NBA TV would be nice, but not a must. PLEASE DO THIS PlayStation/Sony!

+ candia529 on March 2nd, 2016 at 2:36 pm said:

That weird, I get my to watch the Warriors, maybe playstation needs to work out a deal with time Warner. The more subcribers the more likely they can work out a deal. Good luck

+ fourfour44 on March 2nd, 2016 at 10:43 am said:

I don’t care about the price being cheaper, it was already a great value. PS Vue needs to be available on the Central Coast of California, there’s a huge geographical area where Comcast is literally the only TV service provider, so those of us who will not pay them for their terrible service are stuck with absolutely no options for broadcast television, having to cobble together a mesh of streaming app subscriptions is really tedious and annoying.

+ MrAkai on March 2nd, 2016 at 10:48 am said:

I trialed the service when it first launched and was unimpressed.

Have any of the following issues been dealt with:
1> Several programs not available to watch because of no internet rights, even when trying to watch live
2> Arbitrary, per-channel based control of trick features (this channel lets you restart the show when you tune in, this other channel doesn’t even let you rewind or fast forward). None of the services Vue is supposed to replace have these restrictions.
3> Super anemic on-demand/catch up content. Sure you can DVR from today into the future but want last week’s episode? Good luck!

Maybe I’m just past the idea of appointment viewing and not being a sports fan, this has nothing to offer me that other streaming services offer.

+ candia529 on March 2nd, 2016 at 2:31 pm said:

At 1st launch, alot of bugs, less now but they are working on improving. If I was you, I’d wait till it launches nation wide, maybe by then, most bugs will be worked out and channel line ups will be fully stocked

+ Ateam043 on March 2nd, 2016 at 10:49 am said:

Wow. This has everything I need with the exception of Univision (Spanish programming).

+ candia529 on March 2nd, 2016 at 2:27 pm said:

Blame trump. Lol

+ remanutd5 on March 2nd, 2016 at 3:27 pm said:

@Ateam043 me too, i want Univision Networks and Fox Deportes.

+ Moneybalzs on March 2nd, 2016 at 10:59 am said:

Bring this to Las Vegas already!

+ gameman15 on March 2nd, 2016 at 11:01 am said:

I really don’t care if the Disney channel gets added. I’m still gonna miss the days when the Disney channel airs Disney shows (DuckTales, TaleSpin, Chip ‘n’ Dale Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck, you get the idea), Disney movies, Movies/shows not made by Disney but are Disney-related/resembling Disney, and it is not plagued the teen star BS.

+ gameman15 on March 2nd, 2016 at 11:48 am said:

“plagued by the teen star BS”, not “plagued the teen star BS”.

+ coolguy1975 on March 2nd, 2016 at 11:06 am said:

Will canada get psvu?

+ jsoto1989 on March 2nd, 2016 at 11:12 am said:

Thank you, Sony. Service on the PlyStation Vue is getting better by adding more channels and reducing the Acess Package by $10. I am happy with this decision you made. Keep it Up :)

+ deadendblues on March 2nd, 2016 at 11:34 am said:

Awesome! I was just thinking of cancelling due to lack of NBA games but now with a reduced price plus more channels. I am without a doubt staying on. Only one thing missing from the line up now and that his MLB network. I’d love and pay for that channel

+ candia529 on March 2nd, 2016 at 2:25 pm said:

I think you can buy the mlb league pass?

+ henhowc on March 2nd, 2016 at 11:42 am said:

Please get CW on board. Think that’s really the only notable channel you are missing that you can get for free OTA

+ ModernTenshi04 on March 2nd, 2016 at 12:21 pm said:

What makes it odder is CBS is available, and they own a 50% stake in CW.

+ candia529 on March 2nd, 2016 at 2:24 pm said:

Yeah, really, what’s up wit that?

+ CrusaderForever on March 2nd, 2016 at 11:46 am said:

Please add this amazing service to the Minneapolis/St Paul area pronto!

+ peatawan1 on March 2nd, 2016 at 11:49 am said:

I cannot wait to drop DirectTv for Vue. I know Sony plans on getting this to more cities but please tell me Phoenix AZ is on that list. I will subscribe to Elite package the minute that happens!!!

+ Mando44646 on March 2nd, 2016 at 12:00 pm said:

make it available in Columbus, OH and I’ll get it!

+ Ariost on March 2nd, 2016 at 12:15 pm said:

Please bring this to the Boston/Massachusetts area. I would drop the overpriced/underdelivered Comcast service.

+ Fuhr31 on March 2nd, 2016 at 12:20 pm said:

Nice to see so much time and effort being put in to this service that you only offer to your VIP customers while the rest of us are left looking in from the outside.

Id much rather have some stand alone apps for the biggest sports leagues NFL, NHL, NBA, MLB, etc.
and make them available to EVERYONE.

+ ModernTenshi04 on March 2nd, 2016 at 12:20 pm said:

I’d love to give this service a try, and possibly switch, if you guys ever bring it to the Columbus, Ohio area. Adding these channels and lowering the price puts it right in the sweet spot for what I’m looking for.

I also wouldn’t mind being able to either pay for added “Cloud DVR” storage/duration, or the ability to use the built-in storage of my PlayStations to handle that as well.

But yeah, the sooner you guys get this rolled out nationwide the sooner I can start giving you more money.

+ Hakumen__ on March 2nd, 2016 at 12:35 pm said:

Will PS Vue ever come to PS Vita & PS TV? It is ironic that the PlayStation TV service is not available on the PS TV.

+ awcrites on March 2nd, 2016 at 1:16 pm said:

I already loved the PS Vue service but love it even more today! The interface and cloud dvr are very easy to use and visually appealing. A huge step up from the traditional cable/satellite providers. I really hope more and more people sign up so the service can continue to grow. I will be spreading the word.

The only thing that people might not be aware of is you can sign up for Playstation Vue without a Playstation. The name might confuse some people and need to be changed to appeal to the mainstream and gain more subscribers. Not many people know you can just use an Amazon Fire TV or Chromecast.

+ Elemkuro on March 2nd, 2016 at 1:22 pm said:

Awesome! The only thing that would make this service perfect for me is an Android app for my phone. I still don’t understand how there is a Chromecast app but no Android app.

+ shadysaiyanz on March 2nd, 2016 at 1:30 pm said:

I’d love to switch to this and i’ve been waiting since it was even announced all that time ago. Still can’t though because im in Virginia and not New York or Florida… :\

+ Se7enwolf on March 2nd, 2016 at 1:48 pm said:

So its just another cable service. You still cant pick and choose which channels you want and pay for just those. No thank you. Pointless service

+ candia529 on March 2nd, 2016 at 2:20 pm said:

If you say so but the price is what it is with no added tax or fees. So it’s $44.99 a month and that’s what I’m charged, no extra or hidden fees like other cable companies

+ jlcaloca89 on March 2nd, 2016 at 2:13 pm said:

I’d this comes to norther California I would sing up instantly

+ candia529 on March 2nd, 2016 at 2:16 pm said:

I live in Santa rosa. How far North are you? I did hear it’s not in Sacramento yet but sure it’s coming soon

+ candia529 on March 2nd, 2016 at 2:15 pm said:

Woke up to find I have abc and espn now and on top of that, my bill dropped $10 a month, SAY WHAAATTT? Love vue.

+ KevinAndreas on March 2nd, 2016 at 3:07 pm said:

When are we going to see PlayStation Vue in Denmark?? I would love it !! :-)

+ DARKSPARDA4 on March 2nd, 2016 at 3:18 pm said:

All it needs now is the CW and it will have everything I want

+ remanutd5 on March 2nd, 2016 at 3:21 pm said:

Excellent, now there are only 2 more channels that i want, Univision Network and Fox Deportes.

+ StabieMcStabStab on March 2nd, 2016 at 4:00 pm said:

Just need The CW and Im in

+ TalesXGundam on March 2nd, 2016 at 4:31 pm said:

I just got cable because I wanted TCM (I love classic movies), but I’m already regretting it. I had to pay extra for HD and I don’t even have DVR. I’d kill to be able to purchase Vue’s core plan. It’s such a better deal. Hurry up and release it nationwide. I’m sure you’ll get a good number of people that are willing to switch over. Cable is awful.

+ sscamaroguy on March 2nd, 2016 at 8:46 pm said:

Finally a price drop and espn! Any chance now to get local wgn for chicago sports? History channel. Hbo would be nice also.i have been using it for 2 months now getting use to it but when are you planning on doing logitech harmony controls?

PAGE 1 2 3