Spider-Man PS4

Mar 03

No Man's Sky

PlayStation Blogcast 199: Praise the Sky

No Man's Sky

Ryan Clements's Avatar Posted by on Mar 03, 2016 // Senior Specialist, SIEA Social Media

Subscribe via iTunes or RSS, or download here

It’s a show of interstellar proportions! Today we talk to Sean Murray from Hello Games about the hotly anticipated, nearly infinite adventure of No Man’s Sky. And if that wasn’t enough smoldering hot content for your ears, we’re packing in a bonus interview with J. Kartje from Bandai Namco on Dark Souls III. We hear it’s the Dark Souls of Dark Souls games. Plus, new releases, news you can use, and so much more! Enjoy!

Stuff We Talked About

• No Man’s Sky
  • Dark Souls III
  • The Division
  • FFXIV Patch 3.2
  • Tetraminos / tetronimoes
  • PS Vue: New channels, price changes
  • Paragon

Recent Episodes

The Cast

Official PlayStation.Blogcast - Nick SuttnerOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Justin MassongillOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Ryan Clements

Nick Suttner – Lead Account Manager, SCEA
Justin Massongill – Social Media Manager, SCEA
Ryan Clements – Social Media Specialist, SCEA

Send us questions and tips! blogcast@playstation.sony.com
Leave us a voicemail! (650) 288-6706

Thanks to Cory Schmitz for our beautiful logo and Dormilón for our rad theme song and show music.

+ COD_WAW_rules on March 3rd, 2016 at 6:52 pm said:

How’s it going Ryan Clements

Over a month ago, I posted a comment on the Playstation Blogcast 192 blog post that contained a list that I want the board of Sony executives to look at.

I don’t know if you remember, but the list looked like this:

1. Please make PS2 games on PS4 cross-buy ($5 discount for Platinum trophy PS2 games, except GTA: San Andreas) with PS2 classics on PS3, that is unfair & a big slap to the face to PS3 owners who bought those games as PS2 classics.

2. Please release the PS2 version of Donald Duck Goin Quackers as a PS2 game on PS4 and/or PS2 classic on PS3, as well as Haunting Ground & Sonic Heroes.

3. Please release the PSone game Ms. Pac-Man Maze Madness on the Playstation Store, that game is listed on the ESRB website for PS3 and Vita.

4. Please work extremely 100% close with Square Enix’s USA division & release the PSone game Pandemonium 2 as a PSone classic on the PlayStation Store.

5. Please make the Dualshock 4 100% compatible with the PS3 (meaning making the PS button, rumble, & Sixaxis controls work).

6. please release a 1TB super slim PS3 and discontinue the 500GB model, 500GB is not enough storage for games like Yakuza 5.

+ COD_WAW_rules on March 3rd, 2016 at 6:53 pm said:

(Part 2 to my Question)

It’s now the month of March, and NONE of these things have happened yet.

I STILL see the price of $9.99 on the PS4 versions of Twisted Metal Black, Star Wars Racer Revenge, & Star Wars Bounty Hunter.

I STILL don’t see the PS2 version of Donald Duck Goin Quackers, Haunting Ground, Sonic Heroes, Ms. Pac-Man Maze Madness, & Pandemonium 2 released digitally on the Playstation Store.

I STILL don’t see super slim 1TB PS3s (nor any super slim 500GB PS3s) at my local Best Buy or see an Amazon product page of the super slim 1TB PS3.

I STILL can’t use the Sixaxis controls & use the PS button on the Dualshock 4 when paired with PS3.

Right after you saw my list & replied to my comment, what exactly did you do after that? Did you talk about this with Justin Masongill, Did you share this with the board of executives, the Sony community management team, the people who made the Dualshock 4 compatible with the PS3 & PS TV, or anyone else at Sony who can make these things ACTUALLY happen!!!

Can you please give me an update on at least one of these things?

Thanks and I will look forward to your response.

+ gameman15 on March 3rd, 2016 at 9:58 pm said:

Yes, please add cross-buy support with PS2 classics on PS3 to the PS2 games on PS4, and in additional add disc support to them as well. I would also like for you to add PSone game compatibility to the PS4 (with both disc support and cross-buy support with PSone Classics on PS3/PSP/PS Vita). Now you guys might be saying “The PS4 cannot read CDs”, well, it can too read CDs, it’s just that Sony hasn’t enabled CD support on the PS4 yet. You might be saying “they have to debug/re-code the game and add trophies and sharing features”, well, they can have us just pay a small upgrade fee if we already own them no matter what. And you might be saying “how can Sony know if you already own them”, well, just like how the PS4 will only play legit DVDs, PS1/PS2 disc support will only work if the disc is a legit copy and not a pirated one. As for digital games, the 9 PSone classics and 1 PS2 classic I own digitally on my PS3 will like to speak with you.

+ nanaki85 on March 3rd, 2016 at 11:12 pm said:

These are a lot of requests, let’s just simply try getting more PS2 games on the PS4, so make sure to go to Twitter and request some games you would like with the ” #ps2ps4 “

+ dodgedoors on March 3rd, 2016 at 7:11 pm said:

Wondering if anyone can tell me when you will announce the spring fever titles, or has it been discontinued?

+ Mercenary09 on March 3rd, 2016 at 7:49 pm said:

It looks like they aren’t doing it this year judging by their 8 Week Franchise sale they are doing. That use to be part of the Spring Fever promotion where they would put out a game and then pair it with a franchise sale. I’m very disappointed that they don’t seem like they are doing the Spring fever thing. It has been a tradition for years now on PSN.

+ StuTX on March 4th, 2016 at 11:03 am said:

Yea that’s a bummer. It was nice to have those discounts on those new titles. Oh well I’m still excited for day of the tentacle.

+ Realsvi on March 3rd, 2016 at 8:47 pm said:

So deleting and reinstalling would mean I would have to rebuy FFXIV and the Heavensward expansion all over again because for some reason the PS Store doesn’t recognize the FFXIV version I have on it and wants me to buy it again instead of having that nice “download” option you get for games you already own (digitally at least which my PS4 version of FFXIV is).

So any word on this guys? I know I’m not the only one in this dilemma. It’s been two weeks that I haven’t been able to play FFXIV because of the CE-30022-7 error. So I’m a little ****ed off.

I know you guys play the game, and I’m sure you’ve been hearing about this from the community. Is there anything in the works from the Playstation side to at least acknowledge the PS3 upgrade versions on the PS4 store so I can at least delete it and reinstall to fix the error?

Help a fan out!

+ Realsvi on March 3rd, 2016 at 8:49 pm said:

My top comment was in reference to the CE-30022-7 Error after the FFXIV 3.2 patch. Essentially it refuses to launch the game app and the only solution is to delete and reinstall the game.

For some reason the site decided to eat the top half of my post.

+ Realsvi on March 3rd, 2016 at 8:53 pm said:

Sorry about all the double posts. Laptop spazzed out on me.

Wish we could edit/delete comments here lol.

+ Realsvi on March 3rd, 2016 at 8:52 pm said:

I’m really enjoying all the content added, or I would be if it weren’t for CE-30022-7 error. It’s been 2 weeks now and so far the ONLY fix out there is deleting the game and reinstalling. But wait! I can’t even do that because I only own the PS3 CE version of FFXIV and did the free one time upgrade to the PS4 version when it was available.

Help a fan out!

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on March 4th, 2016 at 11:28 am said:

That’s super weird, sorry you’re having trouble. I’m afraid I’m not the right guy to ask about a fix, but did you try contacting PS Support?

+ BlindMango on March 3rd, 2016 at 10:08 pm said:

Woah, just realized how close the podcast is to episode 200! Incredible! =D

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on March 4th, 2016 at 11:29 am said:

Yeah, it snuck right up on us!

+ nanaki85 on March 3rd, 2016 at 11:15 pm said:

Feels like yesterday we were listening to the 100th episode awaiting the PS4’s release

+ Rpm2878 on March 4th, 2016 at 9:47 pm said:

Woah, I just realized that this is the comment section for the blogcast! Incredible! =D

Congratulations on 200 episodes. I’ve been listening for the last 3 years and the blogcast has been the highlight of too many weeks to mention. Goodluck getting a special 200th episode out before episode 201. I hope the track is well set and the train derailments don’t stop you guys from delivering the goods.

+ jgrizzle358 on March 4th, 2016 at 8:13 am said:

I can’t wait for No Man’s Sky. I preordered the limited edition from Amazon. When I heard it was going physical too I said “yessssssss!!!” It reminds me of Subnautica but not underwater.

+ Ind3structoman on March 4th, 2016 at 1:38 pm said:

Ryan, I always thought the lyrics were, “Welcome to the Future. Man, machine, the fusion” (hence the title, Trials Fusion). However, it seems impossible to be sure! Either way, it is a wonderfully goofy song.

+ BlueBl1zzard on March 5th, 2016 at 8:50 am said:

No Sid? Hopefully everyone can get together for the big 200! Still, can’t wait to give this episode a listen!

+ Red-Til-I-Die on March 5th, 2016 at 10:56 am said:

No Sid on the Blogcast makes me a sad panda. :(

+ BlueBl1zzard on March 5th, 2016 at 12:04 pm said:

Also, I just caught the reference with this episode’s title. Pretty clever ;)

+ huxley1984 on March 6th, 2016 at 6:03 am said:

Any chance we’re going to get more controller options for ps2 titles on ps4? I just downloaded Puzzle Quest (which is great!), but I cannot use the sticks to control the game, only the d-pad. Any change we will get some options similar to the Vita to switch between analog and digital??

+ The_Cowboy_Poet on March 6th, 2016 at 11:08 pm said:

Gentlemen, congrats on 200. I’ve been listening since episode 1, the podcast has never been better than it is now. Don’t let what anyone says fool you, this is the internet’s #1 PlayStation podcast.

+ mawesome4ever on March 7th, 2016 at 9:55 pm said:

Will there be a Playstation 4 No Mans Sky Bundle?