Deus Ex Mankind Divided

Mar 07

25081529989_4c449483d8_z

The Balloon-Busting Pang Adventures Hits PS4 on April 19th

Jessica Iragne's Avatar Posted by on Mar 07, 2016 // Communication & Marketing Manager, DotEmu

The wait is over. Time to annihilate some aliens. Pang Adventures hits PS4 on April 19th!

A Classic Arcade Game…

If you’re not familiar with the Pang series, either you’re too young or you’re not hanging out in enough arcades! It’s one of the most popular games from the 90’s, a game in which players guide two brothers on a global quest to save humankind from a massive alien invasion. And believe me, these villains didn’t come here for the sightseeing!

…Back with a Brand New Episode!

We. Are. So. Excited! Pang Adventures is DotEmu’s first PS4 game, and we’re proud to have teamed up with the folks at Pastagames (Pix the Cat) to create a new episode for this beloved series. We’re equally proud to receive the blessing of Mitchell Corporation, the original game’s developers.

We worked really hard to infuse Pang Adventures with new ideas while staying true to the series’ original spirit. The result is a great balance between the traditional gameplay we loved in the good old days and some fresh mechanics. This new adventure debuts never-before-seen features like unique attack ball types, epic boss fights, and amazing new weapons!

As you can see, the Pang Bros. have upgraded their gear since the last alien invasion. Machine guns, flamethrowers, lasers, shurikens… you name it, they have it! Tap into this awesome arsenal and defeat the attack balls pouring down from the skies!

Adventures Are Best Shared

Cooperation is a proven strategy for defeating bad guys, and this game’s couch co-op feature is tons of fun. Team up with friends and family to develop a successful strategy for saving the world!

Pang Adventures on PS4Pang Adventures on PS4

Easy to Play, Hard to Master

As my grandpappy likes to say, “The simplest recipes make the best cookies” — and Pang Adventures is a delicious treat specifically designed to please your gaming taste buds again and again. An easy-to-play philosophy makes it simple to start but hard to stop.

On the flipside, Pang Adventures is hard to master, just like the original game. If you want the perfect run, you’ll need keen eyes and razor-sharp reflexes to beat the high score and carve your name amongst the greats!

Enjoy playing Pang Adventures on your PS4. We’ll see you next month on the leaderboards!

+ Ed333829 on March 7th, 2016 at 8:43 am said:

Holy crap! I am so looking forward to this game, I played the classic at the arcade almost every day when I was younger. Did not even think I would see this again! Thank you!!! (tumblepop would be another great classic I would love to see come back)

+ Jessica Iragne on March 8th, 2016 at 12:47 am said:

Thank you so much for your support! Hope you’ll like it ;)

+ MisterAxle on March 7th, 2016 at 9:01 am said:

Looks like Super Buster Bros.

+ Jessica Iragne on March 8th, 2016 at 12:51 am said:

Yes, Pang is also known as Buster Bros in the US and Pomping World in Japan ;)

+ PhoTC on March 7th, 2016 at 9:39 am said:

Well, it looks like Super Buster Bros because that’s the name/package that Pang turned into for the States =)

+ ZeroHart on March 7th, 2016 at 10:25 am said:

Awesome!!!!!! Cannot wait to play it :)

+ Jessica Iragne on March 8th, 2016 at 12:47 am said:

Cannot wait to release it :)

+ Laliluleilo on March 7th, 2016 at 10:39 am said:

My first game of the series was “Super Buster Bros.”, and I got it in a trade with someone with other games. I had no idea what the game was about, but I fell in live with it. The arcade action won me over, and this will be a day one buy for me. Not that I’ve been able to spend time with my PSV in months, but this and SBB would be great on a handheld console.^^
Thanks so much for making this beautiful game, guys.
~♡

+ Jessica Iragne on March 8th, 2016 at 12:48 am said:

Thank you so much for your kind words and support <3

+ Superstone on March 7th, 2016 at 2:16 pm said:

Would be a great fit for Vita

+ Jessica Iragne on March 9th, 2016 at 5:48 am said:

Yes, you are totally right. If the game sells well enough on PS4, we will think about a PS Vita version.

+ TiberNull on March 7th, 2016 at 6:08 pm said:

Just when I thought I had to settle for Bug Butcher (PC), the arcade gods presents this wonderful gem on PS4!

+ Jessica Iragne on March 8th, 2016 at 12:59 am said:

Glad to read that :)
    Thanks for your support, see you on the leaderboards then!

+ TheBlackerBaron on March 7th, 2016 at 6:35 pm said:

I love the original Buster bros games but this one looks way too much like a cheap phone game.
Might buy it for 5$.
If only the PS4 could handle the power of the Buster Bros collection it would be even better.

+ Jessica Iragne on March 8th, 2016 at 1:08 am said:

Thanks for your comment and glad to see that you love the original series! It’s really a part of our childhood and we really want to stay close to the original gameplay, and even if the graphics don’t

+ Jessica Iragne on March 8th, 2016 at 1:14 am said:

please you, maybe you could give it a try and like it :)

+ TheBlackerBaron on March 8th, 2016 at 9:13 am said:

Will definitely try it if there’s a demo. It’s going to be great since the classic games still play well.
    But sadly I can’t get past the graphics, shame it’s in 4:3 too

+ pablikenemy79 on March 8th, 2016 at 6:13 am said:

This game is for play on the go and with a touch screen, so what about a VITA Version!?

+ Jessica Iragne on March 9th, 2016 at 5:54 am said:

For the moment we don’t have any plans for a Vita version but never say never. If the game sells well on PS4, why not :)

+ XvLDark on March 8th, 2016 at 10:25 am said:

Well this beings back memories of the arcade machine eating up my allowance when i was a kid, definately picking this up, plus the revamped look its awesome, thank guys for bringing back this arcade goodness back and with flying colours!

+ Jessica Iragne on March 9th, 2016 at 12:55 am said:

Thanks for the kind words and I’m glad you like the revamped look! Can’t wait to have your feedback as soon as you can get it on the store :)

+ Duck_Turkin on March 8th, 2016 at 11:51 am said:

I’ve liked Pang since I played the first time on the Amiga 500, so I am looking forward to this! I very much liked the music in the trailer, is it going to be in the game?

+ Jessica Iragne on March 9th, 2016 at 12:59 am said:

Yes, this music is in the game! Depending on the level, there are also more dynamic ones ;)

+ Kishnabe on March 8th, 2016 at 1:38 pm said:

How much did you pay GameFreak for Ash Ketchum?

I remember playing this bubble flash game during the days of dial up. So much fun, especially with a 2nd player.

Will this come to Vita or the PS3?

Prefer the Vita…

+ Jessica Iragne on March 9th, 2016 at 5:56 am said:

Hi Kishnabe! For the moment we don’t have any plans for PS3 and Vita. But we love the Vita that’s why we will think about it if the game sells well enough on PS4.