PlayStation Vue

Mar 08

25489732752_ceef59303a_z

Introducing PlayStation Store’s Launch Party: Six Weeks, Six New Games

Andy Yen's Avatar Posted by on Mar 08, 2016 // Digital Commerce Manager, SIEA

Hi everyone! I’m very excited to announce the inaugural lineup for a new PlayStation Store event called Launch Party. One of the best perks about being on the PlayStation Store team is that we get to work very closely with both first and third party studio teams on previewing upcoming releases. Launch Party is a celebration of our favorite digital games releasing this spring – selected in collaboration with our colleagues on both the 1st and 3rd party teams.

LaunchParty2016_PSBlogFeaturedImage_EN

Some of you may remember our yearly Spring Fever campaign, which we’re retiring in name only. We’ll still have great weekly deals on games and movies from your favorite blockbuster franchises (In fact, you can check out this year’s franchise sale lineup right here!), but we really wanted to let the new games have the spotlight with their own event.

Pre-order any Launch Party title from PlayStation Store and not only will you be able to pre-load and play them right when they release, but you’ll also get 10% off.

Note: Pre-orders for the Launch Party lineup are currently in the process of going live on PlayStation Store — if one isn’t working for you yet give it a few minutes!

Launch Party 2016 Lineup

(PS4)
Klei Entertainment $19.99 $17.99
4/26 Alienation
(PS4)
SCEA $19.99 $17.99

*Cross-Buy title

To speak more in detail about the games and why we think you’ll love them, here is Nick Suttner:

Hello! As Andy said, we’ve been working closely together for months to put together an amazing Launch Party lineup for you, featuring some of the digital games we’ve been most looking forward to. Here’s a bit of background on each, and why you should lock in those pre-order discounts now!

Salt and Sanctuary

LP 16 Salt Sanctuary

LP16 Salt Archer-MonkLP16 Salt Queen-of-Smiles

We’ve admired Ska Studios’ games from afar for years, and we’re so thrilled to have their latest masterpiece debut exclusively on PS4! If you’ve enjoyed games like Bloodborne or Dark Souls you’ll feel right at home in Salt and Sanctuary’s brutal but beautiful world (brutiful?). Deep combat and rich RPG elements, all set in a cursed realm of forgotten cities, blood-soaked dungeons, and desecrated monuments. What else could you want?
*Note: Salt and Sanctuary is still in development for PS Vita, and will be cross-buy with PS4 when it’s released

Day of the Tentacle Remastered

LP16 Tentacle DOTT_Screenshot6

LP16 Tentacle DOTT_Screenshot1LP16 Tentacle DOTT_Screenshot3

We’re so excited to be working with Double Fine on bringing another classic LucasArts adventure to PS4, after their fantastic work on Grim Fandango. Originally released in 1993, Day of the Tentacle is a mind-bending, time travelling, cartoon puzzle adventure game in which three unlikely friends work together to prevent an evil mutated purple tentacle from taking over the world! This loving remaster features all-new, hand-drawn, high-resolution artwork, with remastered music and sound effects.

Enter the Gungeon

LP16 Gungeon - Screen 11

LP16 Gungeon - Screen 16LP16 Gungeon - Screen 10

Enter the Gungeon is the latest in our ongoing partnership (more of a kinship, really) with Devolver Digital, developed by the devious geniuses at Dodge Roll. Making its console debut on PS4, Gungeon combines The Binding of Isaac-style dungeons with an action-packed repertoire of shooting, looting, dodge-rolling, and table-flipping (and two-player local co-op!). All on a quest to reach the ultimate treasure: a gun that can kill the past! (Of course.)

Stories: The Path of Destinies

LP16 Stories STPOD_01

LP16 Stories STPOD_08LP16 Stories STPOD_06

Spearhead Games was one of the very first developers to jump on the PS4 train with their underrated multiplayer puzzler Tiny Brains. They’ve been working hard ever since on a sumptuous action-RPG called Stories: The Path of Destinies, a madcap epic fantasy where each choice you make takes you through a different story. Each story — some dark, some romantic, all action-packed — is true in its way, and will lead you to victory if you pay enough attention…

Invisible, Inc.

LP16 Invisible INC_promoIncognita

LP16 Invisible INC_promoCorporate-ServersLP16 Invisible INC_promoVault-Danger

If you’re anything like us, you’re still playing Klei Entertainment’s singular PS4 survival sim Don’t Starve, over two years later. Invisible, Inc. is a very different beast, but similarly applies Klei’s whip-smart design prowess and beautifully stylized aesthetic to a tactical turn-based adventure. Take control of Invisible’s agents in the field and infiltrate the world’s most dangerous corporations. Stealth, precision, and teamwork are essential in high-stakes, high-profit missions, where every move may cost an agent their life.

Alienation

LP16 Alienation AN_-_PS4_-_PreAlpha11_1445975865

LP16 Alienation AN_-_PS4_-_PreAlpha08_1445975857LP16 Alienation AN_-_PS4_-_PreAlpha17_1445975881

If you’ve ever played Super Stardust, Resogun, or Dead Nation, you know the visceral pleasures Housemarque is capable of. They’ve collaborated with SCE Worldwide Studios on another amazing PS4 exclusive, where 1-4 players can team up online against alien hoards with an array of conventional and hybrid weaponry. All taking place in massively destructible environments where collateral damage can literally bring the house down!

61 Comments

+ US_ARMY on March 8th, 2016 at 8:41 am said:

ALIENATION! Yes. So much Yes!

+ THA_STARKILLER on March 8th, 2016 at 12:33 pm said:

Hey Ps Blog, hurry up with your Ps Store Update. Playstation Lifestyle has it already posted. Assassin Creed Sale, lame.

+ anberlin44 on March 8th, 2016 at 8:46 am said:

Stories: The Path of Destinies! Played this game at PSX and it was very good! Super pumped to play the full thing! The whole lineup looks great but this was my stand out game from PSX for indies.

+ Mercenary09 on March 8th, 2016 at 8:50 am said:

Well I guess this replaced Spring Fever and I’m just as excited for this! Man what an awesome lineup of games. I’ll be getting all of them!

+ Fin1drful on March 8th, 2016 at 9:01 am said:

Hell yes!!!!! I’m all in!!!!

+ SaviorMachine on March 8th, 2016 at 8:52 am said:

This is a really exciting set of titles. I can’t wait for Alienation and Enter the Gungeon, Salt and Sanctuary looks rad as hell and so does Stories. I really hope other players ‘get’ these games as much as I do, because sometimes it seems like lots of people are only interested in big budget publishers

+ Gorvi on March 8th, 2016 at 8:53 am said:

I want all of these, that’s just not fair. ;)

+ langdon on March 8th, 2016 at 8:53 am said:

>> *Note: Salt and Sanctuary is still in development for PS Vita

Thank you for this! I am much more interested in playing on Vita than PS4.

+ elchorno on March 8th, 2016 at 2:16 pm said:

Until the Vita version gets cancelled :(

+ jmbenetti2 on March 8th, 2016 at 8:55 am said:

Excellent work on Grim Fandango remastered? The game is broken. I couldn’t finish it on ps4 because of game breaking bugs and a lot of people complained about another bugs. I love df games, but the quality control here leaves a lot to desire.

+ Shoryyuken on March 8th, 2016 at 8:56 am said:

Salt, Stories, Alien & Invisible look interesting. I also got a question that’ll probably not get answered but is there a way/or will there be a way to stream your Vita to your PS4 wirelessly? Yeah I know Vita TV exists but I don’t want that I just want to reverse stream. I’m playing The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel on my Vita but man I wanna play it on my PS4, so hopefully there’s a way in the future.

Small screens = hurting my eyeballs. So please & thanks Sony

+ Dawgmuffin on March 8th, 2016 at 9:29 am said:

I’m pretty sure that’s not possible, since the Vita doesn’t have a built-in capture card like the PS4 does. The Playstation TV is very cheap though. Right now it’s only $44 on Amazon.

+ whereymyconary on March 8th, 2016 at 11:07 am said:

Agreed. Pick up the PlayStation tv. It basically what you looking for. Takes mostly all vita games and puts them on your tv. You can also use you dual shock 4 controller to boot. I been playing cold steal on it and it’s great.

+ Tatanka2007 on March 8th, 2016 at 11:11 am said:

What the first two people said! PSTV rocks. I use it for Persona 4 Golden, Tales of Heart R, some of the Atelier games, and VNs.

Trails of Cold Steel also rocks. I just finished it last week on my PS3. What a ride! Now we gotta wait for the sequel though…

+ opikal on March 8th, 2016 at 12:03 pm said:

The Vita TV bundle with the dualshock 3, 8gb card and game is $60 at gamestop. I picked one up over a week ago when my dualshock 3 died, and I noticed this bundle was $5 more than a brand new dualshock 3 heh.

+ Seluhir on March 8th, 2016 at 1:59 pm said:

ya, PSTV is a fantastic piece of hardware. Currently using it to stream Trails in the Sky Second Chapter on twitch. So worth it.

+ elchorno on March 8th, 2016 at 2:18 pm said:

The PSTV is even great to play older PSP games (Ys 7 and Corpse Party!!) on your TV as well.

+ dodgedoors on March 8th, 2016 at 8:56 am said:

wow, Alienation got pushed back again. First it was March 2, then the 22nd, now a whole month beyond that. Very very sad I want to play that game so much.

+ CrusaderForever on March 8th, 2016 at 9:02 am said:

Amazing games! My D1P games are Enter the Gungeon and Stories! I will pick up Alienation and Salt and Sanctuary later on after Uncharted 4.

+ CrusaderForever on March 8th, 2016 at 9:06 am said:

Off topic, Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2 Standard Disc Edition is only $39.99 on Amazon. The Deluxe Edition is $49.99. Great deals for a game that just released not to long ago.

+ Butters360 on March 8th, 2016 at 9:10 am said:

Amazing games and I’m definitely picking up Salt and Sanctuary, ALIENATION, and Stories looks pretty rad as well. Played most of these games at PSX and enjoyed my time with them.

+ reson8er on March 8th, 2016 at 9:16 am said:

Holy *^#!* guys what a line up. I want ALL of these games. Good time to be PlayStation fan :)

+ gravislord on March 8th, 2016 at 9:18 am said:

It doesn’t say here or on the store page, does Day Of The Tentacle remaster include Maniac Mansion like the PC version does (GOG mentioned it in their version).

+ THA_STARKILLER on March 8th, 2016 at 12:20 pm said:

Maniac Mansion was a playable Easter Egg in game in Day of the Tentacle, not an extra game packed with it. So if it’s not, it’s not a Remaster, not that I’ll be picking it up, it’s 20 years old, & my old PSP could play it with SCUMVM.

+ Korahn27 on March 8th, 2016 at 1:40 pm said:

If what I’ve read is true at http://www.shacknews.com/article/91888/maniac-mansion-will-still-be-playable-in-day-of-the-tentacle-remastered Maniac mansion will still be playable in the same spot. I hope hope hope this is true as I loved both as a kid.

+ Korahn27 on March 8th, 2016 at 1:42 pm said:

ahh, wait, that article was about the PC version. Still, I really hope the easter egg is still present

+ Bloodios on March 8th, 2016 at 9:28 am said:

The 10% discount is pretty much the same as PS+ on launch week, isn’t it? Or does this stack?

+ TimMalouff on March 8th, 2016 at 9:37 am said:

You can’t reverse stream the Vita.
Your only options would be if it ever gets added in the distant future, gets added to the streaming service (you would be renting the game you own), Sony would use the mystery port on the version 1 Vita for video out, or you play now on a Playstation TV.

Playstation’s store does a very bad job of listing what titles are for the PlayStation TV.
I use this site to see what games are compatible and yours is on the list.

Walmart has the bundle for $49.99 and just the system for $29.99 if you can find one
The bundle has two vouchers for 1) The Lego Movie Videogame & 2) Sly Cooper Thieves in Time (Sony & Walmart should have given the PS3 copy as it would have been a cross-buy but it’s just for the vita this way).
The vouchers expire 03/31/2016 so are good for this month.

+ TERMINATOR543 on March 8th, 2016 at 10:11 am said:

Looking forward to trying all of these, especially Day of the Tentacle and Alienation!!

+ zombie9 on March 8th, 2016 at 10:35 am said:

This is what amazes me NONE of my friends ever talk about upcoming indy games because they have no idea what is coming out or how it plays. But we talk about AAA games all the time. Weird Hugh?

+ TheHerbinator75 on March 8th, 2016 at 10:55 am said:

I play indie titles much more so than AAA titles which generally either bore me or aren’t worth 60 dollars

+ zombie9 on March 8th, 2016 at 1:30 pm said:

UNCHARTED 4 not worth $60 are you out of your mind.

+ Seluhir on March 8th, 2016 at 1:57 pm said:

I talk about indy games all the time. Journey, Transistor, Broforce, Resogun… some of my favourite games. I also talk about AAA games a lot too.

But this is a post about indy games… there are like 5 other posts on the front page about AAA games, I don’t see anyone in those posts going ‘well if only it was an Indy game!’, and yet there are people like you who come into every post about indy games talking about how bad they are… so if you don’t like indy games, just don’t come to the indy game posts.

+ TheHerbinator75 on March 8th, 2016 at 10:54 am said:

This looks to be a terrific lineup of new titles. I will most definitely be cheking them out!

+ Welmosca on March 8th, 2016 at 11:06 am said:

Alienation is fully worth the pre-order and I was really excited about it since the announcement (big Housemarque fan) but after only seeing “online talk” about it I’m just not taking chances with it and gotta say it’ll be a shame if it doesn’t deliver a solo experience like DN did…anyway damn it looks gorgeous.

Now Stories:Path of Destinies is really worth a pre-order…game looks amazing.

Salt and Sanctuary can be worth a pre-order too.

+ sethisthegoat on March 8th, 2016 at 11:15 am said:

Just preordered Salt & Sanctuary. Will maybe nab Stories and Alienation, as well. (Though, Stories smacks of free PS+ game in a year, and I already have plenty of other games to play…)

I’m giving up on the Double Fine games. Bought Grim Fandango at launch, could barely play it. Got bored with Broken Age. I remember loving Day of the Tentacle when I was a kid, but I don’t think the nostalgia can hide my current ineptitude with adventure games.

The others look cool…but are similar enough to other games that I think I can wait a while.

All-in-all…a good lineup, with something for a lot of different kinds of gamers.

+ matthew1836 on March 8th, 2016 at 11:22 am said:

So
I bought a PS4 to play Cell Phone Games

+ dvdmorar on March 8th, 2016 at 11:27 am said:

Woow, they all look very good! I Personally will going to buy Salt & Sanctuary, and maybe Enter the Gungeon! Alienation looks amazing too!! I hope Salt doesn’t take too long to get to PS Vita!

+ Seventy5 on March 8th, 2016 at 11:29 am said:

I’m in for everything except DooT. I love this spring sale, and all this indie love is great. PS4 Indies have been some of the best games this entire generation, can’t wait to get home and play Assault Android Cactus after work!

+ madmanwithabox12 on March 8th, 2016 at 11:46 am said:

Nothing specifically for Vita players. The only Vita game here is only here because it’s a PS4 game that just happens to be coming to Vita as well. <__<

Salt & Sanctuary will be cancelled on Vita. I'm calling it. We've seen/heard nothing despite it being announced in 2014.

+ MisterJumpMan on March 8th, 2016 at 12:02 pm said:

Rad. I’ve been jonesing for almost all of these games.

+ Dangisuckatgamin on March 8th, 2016 at 12:15 pm said:

No offense but all of these look like other games we’ve gotten in the past 2 years of PS4…
I’ll pass.

+ plaztiksyke on March 8th, 2016 at 12:19 pm said:

Another Spring Fever sale where there isn’t a bonus when purchasing all the games?

Probably going to buy everything except Enter the Gungeon — I’ll wait for that on Plus since there’s no Vita version.

I really hope that Day of the Tentacle improved the animations. I know Double Fine got that feedback loud and clear at Day of the Devs, PSX, and elsewhere.

By the way, everyone should really go the Sony Rewards + PlayStation Card deal — the points accumulate quickly and you can funnel them back into PSN wallet codes!

+ StuTX on March 8th, 2016 at 5:06 pm said:

I use my ps Visa card to pay my phone bill & psn purchases. By the end of a year I have enough points to renew my + membership.

+ WolfZombie39 on March 8th, 2016 at 12:53 pm said:

Some great games to choose from here. I have been looking forward to several of these. Can’t wait for Salt and Sanctuary first and foremost.

+ stlthriot on March 8th, 2016 at 12:54 pm said:

I’m assuming also local co-op play for Alienation? :)

Also can’t wait to try out Stories!

+ Kishnabe on March 8th, 2016 at 1:25 pm said:

This is a discount for everyone….hoping PS+ member get an extra discount.

Plenty of Indie games on first week get 10% discount for PS+ members. This is nothing new.

Just a few weeks ago Hitman Go, SwapQuest got a 10% PS+ discount on release day.

I prefer the Play 2015/15 promo: where there is a 20% discount on the new games. If we buy 2,3,4, we get different amounts of PSN credit back.

This is still a good promo for people who buys games day 1 digitally…..

Getting none of these..since they don’t promote Vita bar Day of the Tentacle.

+ Seluhir on March 8th, 2016 at 1:34 pm said:

So you’re going to punish the developers for the fact that they didn’t have enough money to develop cross-platform titles?

You are an incredibly petty individual.

+ Kishnabe on March 8th, 2016 at 1:29 pm said:

Salt and Sanctuary is getting a vita version….I guess I will get the Vita version when it does come out.

No guarantee for a Vita version until it is out. There have been too many canned Vita ports.

+ intheface88 on March 8th, 2016 at 1:32 pm said:

Been looking forward to Salt & Sanctuary since it was announced so that’s a must buy.

But Gungeon, Stories, and Invisible Inc. all look like great/fun games, particularly Stories. Any notice on if there’ll be any sort of group deal if you pre-order multiple games? I’m buying them anyway but just curious.

Nonetheless, great job to whichever team at Sony is responsible for getting these games and devs on board. Really liking the indie catalog I’ve built up already this generation.

+ Seluhir on March 8th, 2016 at 1:35 pm said:

This is a really cool list. Salt and sanctuary is the only one that I know I won’t be getting. The rest all look like they have potential, but that one looks like its taking all the WORST parts of dark souls and putting them into a different genre…

Fortunately the rest of them look awesome. And so excited for Alienation. Resogun was amazing, have high hopes for anything they make.

+ Kishnabe on March 8th, 2016 at 2:08 pm said:

I am not punishing them. Why should I buy games for a console I don’t have. Even if I did buy a PS4, I rarely would sit down to game on a console.

More of the games I finish are on the Vita. I rarely complete on the PS3.

Vita is easy to game at night and on the go. I support devs who spend their money to support the Vita.

+ Seluhir on March 8th, 2016 at 3:53 pm said:

Then phrase it as such. “I can’t buy these because I don’t have the console” is different from “They’re not supporting the Vita so I won’t buy”.

The former is a perfectly reasonable assertion… you don’t have the platform so you won’t buy it.

The second comes across as you having the ability to play these games, but refusing to do so because they’re not coming out on a specific platform.

One is reasonable, the other makes you sound petty. Phrasing is important.

+ Nerofive4 on March 21st, 2016 at 11:26 am said:

Who cares how it comes across, buyers can choose to not purchase games for any reason. And to them its a valid enough reason. I personally avoid games that should have no issue running on a Vita, but are only available on PS4 (Gungeon is a prime example). If developers want my business, they will cater to my platform of choice. If you find that offensive, maybe you should talk to your therapist about it. LOL.

+ Pastystuff on March 8th, 2016 at 6:00 pm said:

I still can’t pre-order Day of the Tentacle! All day I’ve had issues. If I try to pay with PayPal, it gives me an error saying that my transaction can’t be processed at this time and to try back in a few minutes, but it’s been doing that since 9:15am PST. If I try and use my credit card to pay, it gets stuck in an infinite loop of page refreshing. Anyone else having any problems like these?

+ iNoxious on March 21st, 2016 at 10:14 pm said:

You should get a PS4 and then you can stream whatever you want to your PS Vita and its SMOOTH WITH NO LAG unlike the horrible Remote Play the PS3 had… But i do the Remote Play with my PS4/PS Vita all the time and its SWEEET!!!!

+ CycloneFox on March 9th, 2016 at 12:54 am said:

Looking forward to the two PS Vita games Salt & Sanctuary, which will be like a Souls game on the go and Day of the Tentacle HD. ^^

Btw. The asterisk is set falsely. It’s standing at the platforms of Day of the Tentacle, while PS Vita (with an asterisk is missing under Salt & Sanctuary). So to clear up the confusion:

Day of the Tentacle Remastered:PS4, PS Vita
Salt & Sanctuary: PS4, PS Vita(*)

+ AizawaYuuichi on March 9th, 2016 at 1:48 am said:

Well, no, it is quite correct as is. The * is alerting readers to extra information that comes later on. The information is that the two versions of Day of the Tentacle, releasing simultaneously, are indeed cross-buy.
    Salt and Sanctuary is only releasing on PS4 during this promotion. Once the Vita version releases (if it does), at that point it would be appropriate to list it with an * and then follow that up with information stating it is cross-buy with the earlier PS4 release.
    At the time these pre-orders go live, the PS4 version of Salt and Sanctuary isn’t cross-buy, because there is no other Playstation platform version available.

+ death_nation100 on March 9th, 2016 at 10:56 am said:

I’ll buy Enter The Gungren and Alienation . Haha love it !!

+ HalcyonX on March 10th, 2016 at 6:16 pm said:

Nick Suttner, still rocking that cool beard? Please do podcasting again with Shane Bettenhausen. For the love of all that is holy please both of you do more podcasting!! ;) (not just retronauts which I love btw)

+ iNoxious on March 21st, 2016 at 9:41 pm said:

I check PlayStation.Blog everyday and I must of missed this post. I tryd Invisable, Inc. on PC and it was different but pretty ok. I cant wait til Alienation releases, Pre-Ordered it a week ago! I didnt know how much of a gem Helldivers was so i got it when it was free with PS Plus and I almost bought the Mega DLC Pack when it was 50% off but I was a few hours too late… But thankfully I was too late because just recently everyone successfully completed the Galatic Campaign so the campaign looks like it just reset and it seems like so many people stop playing so I just put money towards the Alienation Pre-Order instead. Hopefully its as good or better than Helldivers, It already looks waaaay better too!!!!