The Last Guardian

Mar 11

Mar 11

Hitman Out Today on PS4

Travis Barbour's Avatar Posted by Io-Interactive, Community Manager

Agent 47 is back. The Hitman season has premiered — and we couldn’t be more excited!

Today, you can download and play the first episode of Hitman on PS4. This is your first step into the world of assassination and it’s a very proud moment for everyone that has been involved with the game. In many ways, this is just the beginning of a fantastic year for Hitman.

We’re giving you the weekend to experience the Prologue, start exploring Paris, and try your hand at the first Escalation Contract before we unleash more of our live content next week. Escalation Contracts have a strong focus on having fun with the game mechanics. You’ll need to complete a hit that will escalate in difficulty over five stages — pretty much anything goes in this mode. It’s more about being playful than realistic. Also next week, we’ll release the first ever Elusive Target for Hitman. This target will only be around for a limited time — and you only have one chance to take them down. You won’t want to miss them!

Escalation Contracts and Elusive Targets are part of the live component of Hitman that we will keep fresh every week in between the release of each episode.

Hitman on PS4Hitman on PS4

For our PlayStation players, we have some exclusive content at launch; the first contract from the Sarajevo Six, The Director. This contract is available from day one (Today!) and is the first of a six-part, self-contained side-story revolving around former members of a paramilitary unit called CICADA.

We’re at the start of a very exciting journey that we are going to take with you, our players. Thank you for your support so far. You need to buckle up now though, because we’ve officially invited you to enter a world of assassination. Good luck.

Add Your Own

Oste18262009 said:

March 11th, 5:36 am

Awesome Cant Wait! How Much Does It Cost?

Travis Barbour's Avatar

Travis Barbour said:

March 11th, 7:07 am

$15 for the Intro Pack or $59.99 for the Full Experience.

The Intro Pack gets you the launch content; Prologue and Paris. The Full Experience will get you everything in the Intro Pack and then all the other episodes and live content. Full details are here: http://buy.hitman.com/us/

leadedhitman69 said:

March 11th, 12:52 pm

So if I buy it now I get a mission once a month but does it mean I get the full game on the store when the disc copy comes out

XvLDark said:

March 11th, 3:50 pm

No thanks , i rather wait till i can have the whole thing in one piece.

GoBills77 said:

March 11th, 10:09 pm

I absolutely love hitman from game one to blood money to ascension it’s all great including this game looks fantastic but episodic releases are just wrong and not a very good way to release a game all it is , is a way to suck more money outta people if they choose not to drop 60 bucks on it now does square Enix realize how people play games these days? I’m not a marathoner but people like to buy a game now a days and pound it out quick in a weekend not for 8 months…… Square Enix you better wise up!!!!!!!!

SuperZurvs said:

March 22nd, 7:42 am

I’m a sucker.
    I bought the full edition because I loved all the other hitman games. I don’t mind replaying the same missions. But that is all you can do in this game until the next is released. I cleared out almost all scenarios in 2 days, and was bored after about the 3rd replay.
    I could not be more dissapointed in a game. Especially a game as great as Hitman used to be.

hesdeadjim said:

March 11th, 6:05 am

I’ll buy it when it’s a complete game, finish it in a month or two, then move on to the next thing. I am sure it will be fantastic once it’s done.

fudgenasty21 said:

March 11th, 6:19 am

i look forward to buying the complete edition in early 2017

Travis Barbour's Avatar

Travis Barbour said:

March 11th, 7:07 am

That’s definitely an option. We know that some people prefer it that way.

Shadow_VVraith said:

March 11th, 6:26 am

When is the officialy release time? I’m excited to jump right in and it was said it was a midnight release but there appears to be some error with that as my digital preorder isn’t working. Any information on this?

Travis Barbour's Avatar

Travis Barbour said:

March 11th, 7:10 am

The official release time was March 11, 00:01 PST – aka a couple of hours ago. The game should be available now.
    at
    What countdown do you see on your screen? I’d recommend talking to the good people at PlayStation Support. They should be able to look into your account details and help you out.

Dethfuse said:

March 11th, 6:42 am

Preordered the game and can’t wait to play it tonight. I absolutely love Hitman and the beta was a blast. I noticed that game doesn’t have a platinum trophy which is quite odd considering it being a AAA game. Is the game going to eventually receive a platinum trophy? Or will the full release that comes out next year have separate trophies and a platinum trophy.

FreshaSaurusRex said:

March 11th, 9:00 am

So if I get the intro pack for now I won’t be able to do the live content unless I upgrade right?

pumpman75 said:

March 23rd, 6:51 pm

No th e intro is just introducing u to the game just practice missions

FreshaSaurusRex said:

March 11th, 9:02 am

Definitely did not mean to send my last comment as a reply but still would like to know.

KadillaK said:

March 11th, 11:06 am

“On release players have access to the Intro Pack content – Prologue Mission, the Paris Sanguine Fashion Show, full access to Contracts Mode, Escalation Mode, elusive targets and other live content.”

Welmosca said:

March 11th, 12:02 pm

Wow wow wow I didn’t know Hitman was releasing as an episodic game WTF is this?…damn this thing is tainting the gaming industry,episodic games must die.Damned be telltale who brought this crappy virus into gaming and made it a trend.

Well I’m definitely waiting for the whole thing.Its nice to see some PS exclusives and as an old Hitman playa I’ll definitely get the game but not in pieces.

Blackbeard1987 said:

March 11th, 4:03 pm

Nothing wrong with episodic gameplay.

Sanji909 said:

March 11th, 9:05 pm

Yes. Yes, there is something wrong with episodics. This “Hitman episode” gives you the tutorial and Paris. Anyone who’s played the recent beta has already enjoyed half of the experience of this “episode” so far by doing the tutorial. If this is how Square Enix plans on doing games episodic, then this doesn’t bode well for FF7: Remake. :-/

ZCM23 said:

March 15th, 2:32 pm

You are 100% correct! Games are becoming more and more incomplete while charging the same full price. Just like evolve, Destiny, and so many others lately. Call it early access if that’s what it is. Bottom line it’s releasing a game during development. I’m soooo disappointed in the gaming industry! I bought this and tell tale’s michonne thinking they were full games due to the price tag. Turns out I got an unfinished product………smh.

damienphoenix said:

March 11th, 2:06 pm

Where is the platinum trophy? It is a full game so it makes no sense that Hitman Go has a platinum trophy but a proper Hitman game doesn’t. Very disappointed as long Hitman player.

shadysaiyanz said:

March 11th, 3:20 pm

I LOVE the Hitman series, Absolution being my favorite. However, i really really dislike this episode nonsense, especially with a franchise that’s already been established. I can maybe get behind it on new IPs ( I did with Life is Strange) but even then it’s still the question of why?, what’s the point? and why do we have to wait so long? Each time a new episode of Life is Strange released, i had forgotten what even happened and that’s bad. Also for an story driven game like that, it takes away a bit of the attachment. I bought Wolf Among Us when it released all together, fantastic game and great full experience. True Hitman is not really story driven but still. People playing the full game back to back will probably enjoy it more than those who had to wait months for each episode. People want full games, not puzzle pieces. I will be picking the “Full Experience “physical copy next year as well.

shadysaiyanz said:

March 11th, 3:22 pm

Don’t mean to double post but there was a customer that come into my store today looking for Hitman, he said he got up, got his coffee to start his day and then came to pick the game up…..he was quite disappointed to hear about this episode nonsense.

faltolaguirre said:

March 11th, 6:10 pm

Can’t buy the game where I live (Taiwan), not even preorder. If I just follow a direct link to the buy page it says the game does not exist.

Is the game not released on Asia region?

steph88simbar said:

March 11th, 9:10 pm

Sorry for asking, i just wanna know and wondering.. did Hitman will come to playstation store asia ? Because until now i dont get hitman on Playstation store asia..
Please answer my question.. and thanks :)

Ejen_47 said:

March 15th, 2:02 am

Same here. I’ll just leave my comment here waiting for answerd.

HellBringer1975 said:

March 12th, 12:27 am

this game is a joke right? one mission that is done in 20 min with everything unlocked and what a month or two wait for 1 more lame mission now LOL and worse the load times are the worst i have seen this generation 30 -60 seconds and a load screen to get to another load screen LOLOL . the the AI is horrible also this is a joke this should have been free as a demo not $18 in Canada for this broken , short , insane loading time of a horrible game. thank you now i know do not buy the game and waste money on this.

b3astboy1206 said:

March 12th, 1:38 am

Does anyone know how many people played the hitman beta, I’m just curious. Thanks in advance :)

RollingRicks said:

March 12th, 1:44 am

You guys sure are lucky, in Asia’s psstore we don’t even get to buy the game. Psn asia sucks (voicing in behalf of all asia psn users)

steph88simbar said:

March 12th, 2:58 am

Yeah bro.. agree with you.. until now still cant buy it hitman fro psn store..
    Its really sucks..

Anaztobii said:

March 12th, 4:57 am

Still no info about this? It seems that ps store asia didn’t sell episodic games, well for example i also can’t find walking dead michone

Ejen_47 said:

March 15th, 2:01 am

Same here. I googled and there’s still no information about this. Will it be release or not on PS Store Asia? I can’t wait any longer and don’t want to miss out the elusive targets.

J2corp said:

March 16th, 7:32 am

They haven’t even address this

sirbflo114 said:

March 12th, 4:23 am

I was excited to hear about hitman but disappointed that it was an episode game. Episodes work for life is strange and the walking dead game because it is more “movie style” gameplay. Hitman isn’t that. I wanna play the entire game asap. Hopefully it works out and the game receives great reviews. However I don’t like half made games, excessive overpriced dlc and chopshopped episode games.

Larry_Gunner said:

March 12th, 4:54 am

I’ve been a diehard PS fan since the first console was released over 20 years ago. Today I am seriously considering binning my PS4 as a matter of principle and self pride. The game catalogue is poor to say the least and finally when it looks as though they’re gonna release a revamped classic the game makers pull a lowdown stunt like this. It’s nothing short of disgusting and tantamount to extortion. My advice to all you gamers out there who are moaning but still paying… grow some integrity and stop playing their games. You pay enough already, so why are you going to pay for a game that you don’t even physically own? And then once paid for (but not owned) you’re going to let them tell you how and when you can play it!! We (YOU) are the reason corporations like this get away with it. Stop paying, speak up, and they will have no choice but to put an end to dirty scams like this. At the very least if you are going to download the game, don’t have the audacity to come on here and start moaning about it.

Larry_Gunner said:

March 12th, 4:59 am

I dare you to reply to that IO Interactive or PlayStation..

IcedDice777 said:

March 12th, 6:13 am

Well, make sure to remind me next year when the COMPLETE game finally makes it to retail :)

hsh268 said:

March 12th, 5:33 pm

So I picked the shed as a location for a weapon In Paris, buy can’t seem to find it.

Once I find the shed my weapon is not stashed there. Anyone have any idea where you find it. ?

Saymyname01 said:

March 13th, 5:04 am

When is the game going to be released in Asia? Any info on this? Thanks

dkarlowicz10 said:

March 13th, 12:29 pm

On the side note, I would love to see the hitman hd trilogy on the Vita.

fededonna2 said:

March 13th, 4:53 pm

Hey Travis, the intro pack is 15 dollars and the upgrade is 50 which give us a total of 65 instead of 60 that’s the cost of the full experience. Can you or Sony fix this? I want the game but I won’t pay 5 extra bucks for it.

crystalovesmario said:

March 13th, 7:44 pm

Please cut the b.s playstation.paid for the full game and got 1 episode.wtf.it’s a shame because I love playstation but the experience gets worse year by year.games are withheld content from players who pay a raising game price only to have to spend more money later on to get “special” content.bull****.almost ready to hang up the controller and save my money and time.

D-Squad3 said:

March 13th, 8:04 pm

let me know when the whole game is out. i’m not paying for episodic crap.

GARMIE-BEAR said:

March 14th, 12:59 am

Please Fix the issue with the game disconnecting from online and you being forced to the main menu. Multiple times I have been about to complete a hit and then I disconnect from online and am FORCED to go back to the main menu and have to start all over again, this is a major issue. Likewise, all challenges should be possible to complete regardless of if you are connected online or offline.

Ejen_47 said:

March 15th, 2:04 am

Hello. I just wanna ask. When will Hitman be released on the PlayStation Store Asia?

juuzz054 said:

March 15th, 9:51 am

I’m really confused… so if i buy The full experience, do i get the other content that will come out after i buy it? Because i don’t want to waste money and i can’t find an answer to this anywhere…. i think this question is stupid and that’s why, but i just want to be 100% sure about it.

J2corp said:

March 16th, 7:33 am

Any news on the region 3 release? Not gonna?

iRussell89 said:

March 18th, 3:42 pm

Hi first off Hitman game is amazing, but I have a problem iv worked my way through the game got all trophies besides one the contract assassin but Iv done well more than 10 contracts. Any help would be great.

Tyler2005 said:

March 26th, 6:27 am

How many people played the HITMAN™ Beta on PS4™ during PlayStation®Plus exclusive access?

scazzerbazzer said:

April 7th, 3:23 pm

can someone eplain about this,how much does it cost on psn store,is it epsiode or not,how much retail wise ,talking about retail wise but uk.all these comments dont make sense???