Uncharted 4

Mar 13

Paragon

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 3/15/2015

Ryan Clements's Avatar Posted by on Mar 13, 2016 // Social Media Specialist

The Drop

A game of powerful heroes, intense strategy, and last-minute victories. Paragon early access begins March 18th and aims to open up MOBAs to the masses.

Designed by the team at Epic Games, Paragon puts a third-person twist on MOBAs with a diverse roster of heroes and tactile combat. Enter the fray and defend your base from the ever-encroaching march of the opposing team. With heart-pounding five-on-five matches, Paragon will change the way you compete on PS4.

For those that simply can’t wait until Friday, Salt and Sanctuary launches this week on PS4. With brutal 2D combat and a robust item crafting system, this gothic adventure is Ska Studios’ most ambitious project to date.

For a full list of news games coming to PlayStation, read on. And enjoy the Drop!

New Releases: March 15th, 2016
Aegis of Earth: Protonovus Assault
PS4, PS3, PS Vita — Digital, Retail

Aegis of Earth

Aegis of Earth: Protonovus Assault is a frenetic and explosive new spin on action strategy gaming. Plan out and build up your defenses as hordes of hulking monstrosities bombard your heavily fortified city in an attempt to wipe you off the Earth for good!

Arcade Archives Bubble Bobble
PS4 — Digital

Arcade Archives Bubble Bobble

Bubble Bobble is an action game that was released by TAITO in 1986. Players control the twin Bubble Dragons that are called Bubblun and Bobblun, and travel through one hundred different stages. The game became popular and led to a long series of sequels and spin-offs.

Candlelight
PS4 — Digital

Candlelight

After a mysterious entity extinguishes all the candles in the land, a lone surviving candle sets out on a most important adventure to bring light back to the land.

D/Generation HD
PS4 — Digital

D/Generation HD

A virus has escaped at Genoq HQ in London, and Derrida, the lead scientist at Genoq, has asked you to help save the day. D/Generation was a popular isometric puzzle game written in 1991 by Robert Cook. D/Generation HD has been recreated from the original source code and contains all the original features and puzzles but in glorious HD.

EA Sports UFC 2
PS4 — Digital, Retail

EA Sports UFC 2
EA Sports UFC 2 is the complete fighting experience you have been waiting for. With a bigger roster of fighters, stunning character visuals, and a revolutionary new Knockout Physics System, finishing the fight has never been more real and satisfying.

Joe Dever’s Lone Wolf Console Edition
PS4 — Digital (Out 3/16)

Joe Dever's Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf, the fantasy fiction/RPG gamebook classic by Joe Dever, is re-imagined for a new generation with a brand-new story, deep combat system, stunning graphics, and much more! Make meaningful choices and carve your own path through this epic non-linear adventure.

Murasaki Mist: Akara’s Journey
PS Vita — Digital

Murasaki Mist

Accompany Akara in a long journey that will take her to the deep bowels of Hell itself. Gameplay is fast-paced, with many monsters and demons offering a frenetic challenge while the player hacks his way through.

Paragon (Early Access)
PS4 — Digital (Opens March 18th for Founders)

Paragon on PS4
Paragon is a MOBA from Epic Games that puts you in the fight with explosive action, direct third-person control, and deep strategic choice.

Salt and Sanctuary
PS4 — Digital

Salt and Sanctuary
A doomed sailor is shipwrecked on an uncharted island. In fog-shrouded valleys, where grinning, mossy corpses cling to rusted arms, shambling figures begin to stir. Salt and Sanctuary combines fast, brutal 2D combat with richly developed RPG mechanics. Explore a cursed realm of forgotten cities, blood-soaked dungeons, desecrated monuments, and the fallen lords they once celebrated.

Samurai Warriors 4 Empires
PS4, PS3, PS Vita — Digital (PS4 Version at Retail)

Samurai Warriors 4 Empires

Samurai Warriors 4 Empires provides an alternative take on the events depicted in Samurai Warriors 4, using the historical landscape as a setting for an exciting strategy-focused game. Players have the opportunity to create their own character to serve in the lower ranks of the army, gradually rising through the ranks to eventually rule the entire land through their conquests.

Sebastien Loeb Rally EVO
PS4 — Digital
Senran Kagura Estival Versus
PS4, PS Vita — Digital, Retail

Senran Kagura Estival Versus

A mystical phenomenon transports the shapely shinobi of the titular series to a parallel dimension to face off against their rivals in a new kind of battle. In this strange-but-sunny island paradise, the girls find themselves face to face with their departed loved ones. Can they bear to part from them a second time? Senran Kagura Estival Versus boasts more moves, more story, more attitude, and more destruction.

Sheltered
PS4 — Digital

Sheltered on PS4
Sheltered is a deep and emotional survival and post-apocalyptic disaster management game. After a global apocalypse, a frightened family finds its way to a deserted shelter. You take on the role of protecting four family members. Their wellbeing and survival is your responsibility. One mistake, one bad decision, and a loved one is gone forever.

Tetrobot and Co.
PS4 — Digital

Tetrobot and Co.

Help Maya guide Psychobot through Tetrobot’s cogs and circuits: by swallowing blocks of matter and spitting them out, we can repair anything. Learn how pipes, lasers, fans, and other electronic devices work, learn how to alter the chemical properties of slime, and collect all the memory blocks that you find on the way.

PlayStation Music Logo

• ILOVEMAKONNEN — Drink More Water 6
  • Baauer — Aa
  • HÆLOS — Full Circle

PlayStation Video Logo

• The Hateful Eight
  • Concussion (2015)
  • Point Break (2015)

PlayStation Vue Logo

• 2016 NCAA March Madness — Begins March 15 (TBS, CBS, TNT and truTV)
  • NCIS — March 15 at 8/7c (CBS)
  • The Americans — March 16 at 10/9c (FX)

The information above is subject to change without notice.

71 Comments

+ JohnPaul-Wiggin on March 13th, 2016 at 10:03 am said:

First!

+ Soleiko on March 13th, 2016 at 11:25 am said:

First to reply to “First!”
    Oh, that was just as stupid as the original comment, my bad.

+ BlaizeV on March 13th, 2016 at 11:35 am said:

Not as Stupid as this one! … THIRD! … in this comment thread

+ MakaiOokami on March 13th, 2016 at 2:10 pm said:

FISH!

+ CommandingTiger on March 13th, 2016 at 6:33 pm said:

Can’t wait for bubble bobble.
    This is an issue that needs to be addressed, games made on unity are poorly optimized for the PS4.
    I believe it is due to the PS4 using GDDR5 ram instead of DDR3 ram.
    DDR3 is smart RAM with pre-existing coding that GDDR5 is not but more flexible.
    Whatever the case may be, please fix it so that games will run smoother on the PS4.
    I got Broforce dropping frame rates to the teens, it’s unacceptable for such a next generation console, the PS3 would have handled it better.

+ FeistFan on March 14th, 2016 at 2:47 pm said:

@CommandingTiger said: “DDR3 is smart RAM with pre-existing coding that GDDR5 is not but more flexible.”

I know the difference between DDR3 and DDR5, and I have no clue what you just said. In any case, the difference between DDR3 and DDR5 shouldn’t have any role in this at all, except to improve the overall performance as the CPU has to spend even fewer cycles waiting for the RAM and more cycles actually churning away at data.

That said, if you’re complaining about Unity-based games performing poorly on the PS4, I do believe you’re talking to the wrong people. This is a Playstation forum. I’m sure there’s a Unity forum out there, probably one for developers and another for game-players, to go discuss performance issues. They’re the ones who would need to address problems with their software platform having poor support for any particular hardware platform.

+ matdub69 on March 15th, 2016 at 10:09 am said:

Do you win anything?

+ whereymyconary on March 13th, 2016 at 10:04 am said:

Senran Kagura Estival Versus! I’m saddened and excited since it looks like it’s back ordered. But also means my copies going to take a bit to come.

+ Letters2Kay on March 14th, 2016 at 10:52 am said:

Amazon shipped my PS4 copy this AM. So excited, I love this series so much. Hope yours is on the way soon!

+ timbrown1581 on March 14th, 2016 at 7:09 pm said:

And Fedex Ground shall deliver it!

+ Mia_MooMoo on March 15th, 2016 at 3:03 am said:

Got a vita one preodered and getting the ps4 one digital!

+ Fin1drful on March 13th, 2016 at 10:11 am said:

Salt and Sanctuary!!!! Nothing more to be said.

+ JinZer069 on March 13th, 2016 at 10:12 am said:

Hope we Vita gamers don’t wait too long for a Salt and Sanctuary port?

God that game is SO BEAUTIFUL!!!

+ viceforce on March 13th, 2016 at 10:16 am said:

Salt and Sanctuary. more like Blood & Borne

+ SinceByDarren on March 13th, 2016 at 10:32 am said:

Bloodborne? More like Dark Souls.

Dark Souls? More like Demon’s Souls.

Demon’s Souls? More like King’s Field.

King’s Field? More like…

+ Aeirou on March 13th, 2016 at 10:29 am said:

Fallout 4 dlc? :(

+ shogun00 on March 13th, 2016 at 7:59 pm said:

The Drop doesn’t list new DLC releases. It just lists new game releases.

+ FaLLeN_717 on March 13th, 2016 at 10:47 am said:

I am waiting for a strong sale with $5-10 priced games. Have some money burning my pocket but Sony doesn’t want to take it :(

+ gohan16ken on March 13th, 2016 at 10:58 am said:

I love PS3!

+ artartistmuse on March 13th, 2016 at 11:13 am said:

I am so all about both Lone Wolf and Bubble Bobble. Man do I feel old now.

+ gamer_316 on March 13th, 2016 at 11:15 am said:

Looking forward to Senran Kagura: Estival Versus, loved Shinobi Versus on the Vita and been waiting on this since it came out in Japan.

+ Letters2Kay on March 14th, 2016 at 10:55 am said:

Same, I imported Shinovi and then played it again in English, so I opted to just wait for the translation this time around. Imported Valkyrie Drive on Vita and it is almost as good as SK, though a little lighter on replay value. Highly recommended! Hope you enjoy Estival Versus tomorrow!

+ Soleiko on March 13th, 2016 at 11:27 am said:

I’m curious about Salt and Sanctuary. Might have to check it out. Something to kill time until Dark Souls 3.

+ TheHerbinator75 on March 13th, 2016 at 11:38 am said:

Salt and Sanctuary for me this week though I am curious about Lone Wolf too.

+ LeandroDiFini on March 13th, 2016 at 11:46 am said:

UFC! UFC! UFC!!!
mmm… and Senran Kagura…. Good week for us MMA/Anime folks.

+ CrimsonNemo on March 13th, 2016 at 11:58 am said:

I can’t wait to get Salty in a Sanctuary.

+ fisheye11 on March 13th, 2016 at 12:20 pm said:

Been waiting a little while for Salt and Sanctuary. I have it both pre-ordered and pre-loaded.

+ Huntyboy102 on March 13th, 2016 at 12:24 pm said:

Please bring the Arcade Archive games to Vita

+ CommandingTiger on March 13th, 2016 at 6:35 pm said:

Great idea. While they’re at it, bring the PS1 and PS2 classics from the PS3/PSP/Vita unto the PS4.

+ TOUGHDUDE94 on March 14th, 2016 at 5:36 am said:

Yes that be cool.

+ helbertpina on March 13th, 2016 at 12:27 pm said:

Hope there’s an interesting sale this week (besides the Naughty Dog one, of course)!

+ nanaki85 on March 13th, 2016 at 12:30 pm said:

So many great memories playing Bubble Bobble, and tons of other NES games with my brother that has passed away :(
would love to see more! :)

+ dkarlowicz10 on March 13th, 2016 at 12:32 pm said:

I played bubble bobble to death when I was a kid. A game like this and PS2 classics (from PS4) should also be playable on Vita. I would love to play San Andreas on the go.

+ Fuepepe on March 13th, 2016 at 12:33 pm said:

Bubble Bobble!!!! This is an amazing NES gem that has 2 player couch coop. (If you game over you can just continue from the level you left off from) Anyone who isn’t from this generation should dive back and play this game from the 80’s it’s really really good.

+ Rezznak on March 13th, 2016 at 12:39 pm said:

can we please just get an Alienation preorder option or U.S. blog update on the game? For christ sakes it’s a big game for Sony why not shine more light on it?

+ Superstone on March 13th, 2016 at 12:56 pm said:

Please bring the Arcade Archive games to Vita

+ gameman15 on March 13th, 2016 at 6:34 pm said:

Probably not gonna happen to due there being little-to-no support for the PS Vita from both Sony and third-parties.

+ CaruthK on March 13th, 2016 at 1:04 pm said:

i don’t care for nothing else on this weeks list. Only Paragon I need that game in my life right now. I’m so excited to play it. Yes for TP-MOBA’s I can’t wait..

+ Kishnabe on March 13th, 2016 at 1:18 pm said:

Yes, to Estival Versus.

Everything else not so much.

+ Letters2Kay on March 14th, 2016 at 10:57 am said:

EV should keep you busy for a while, though. TONS of characters to play through (28?), can’t wait!

+ edgehead22 on March 13th, 2016 at 2:30 pm said:

Still no Unepic? The Dev said it should be out this week…

+ SongbirdsRevenge on March 13th, 2016 at 2:47 pm said:

What’s the status of Shadow of the Beast?

+ Asshawk on March 13th, 2016 at 3:19 pm said:

Estival Versus hype! Thank you based xseed

+ GunsAndRoses4eva on March 13th, 2016 at 4:23 pm said:

I’m really getting sick of the **** games getting released on the current green consoles. Release something ******* worthwhile on the Stores already instead of indie crap.

+ IcedDice777 on March 13th, 2016 at 5:09 pm said:

Uhmm, Paragon looks great but sadly i’m not into Mobas or Free to play games Always online games…So game dismissed.

Will add Salt and Sanctuary, Lone wolf and Sheltered to my collection :)

Arcade Archives continue to be overpriced imho.

My .02

+ Seluhir on March 16th, 2016 at 7:26 am said:

So… the game is free, and you’re not even going to give it a chance even though it looks interesting?

That seems like…. a strange mindset.

MOBAs are a big genre and not all of them play the same, you might love this one if you just give it a shot.

It might be time to stop judging based off of labels, and in stead judge based off of gameplay. It’d be one thing if there was a specific gameplay component about the game that you knew you hated(like, for example, you hate over the shoulder viewpoints or something like that)… but you’re judging based off of a label, the fact that you don’t need to buy it and the fact that it uses the internet… and entirely dismissing it despite the fact that it looks interesting?

+ navcomm81 on March 13th, 2016 at 5:42 pm said:

Bubble Bobble rocks, but I won’t pay whatever insane price they’re offering it for.

I’ll stick to playing it free on my PC and S7 Edge.

+ rabidninjamonky on March 13th, 2016 at 7:01 pm said:

I would’ve bought Salt and Sanctuary for vita. Hopefully we won’t have to wait long for the vita version. At least it looks like Axiom Verge for vita is finally coming. Better a year late than never, I guess.

+ Tinye310 on March 13th, 2016 at 7:40 pm said:

Senran Kagura! I can’t wait to have you! Some of these games look interesting I didn’t know were coming out. Also, Salt and Sanctuary so tempting but I think I’ll wait til my backlog be more free. >.>

+ poodude on March 13th, 2016 at 8:36 pm said:

Salt and Sanctuary for me. Watched a trailer for Candlelight and that looks really cool as well. Might check it out.

+ LaurenLark on March 13th, 2016 at 11:18 pm said:

Why is it when I clicked on D/Generation HD ‘s Icon graphic pic that was taken to Yahoo’s home search page????? Things that make ya go Hmmmmm

+ VinsanityV21 on March 13th, 2016 at 11:26 pm said:

Aegis of Earth looks… interesting. I think? It’s hard to find much about it to really get a good look at it, and since it’s Aksys, I doubt it’ll get much coverage anyway. Still, it kinda has a Sim Cit… no, Cities Skylines(EA’s game is dead to us, after all)-meets-Tower Defense vibe, which is a game design hybrid I wanna see :) Toss some anime graphics on top of it all and it sounds like it should be a winner! I just hope I can see if it actually IS that some time this week. A Game Informer Test Chamber, a Giant Bomb Quick Look, something; I really hope some coverage gets thrown Aegis’ way.

+ sNsKid on March 14th, 2016 at 5:27 am said:

The Drop looks good this week,

+ timbrown1581 on March 14th, 2016 at 7:08 pm said:

Fedex Ground shall deliver it

+ Xil_Eonz on March 14th, 2016 at 6:04 am said:

Paragon Founders >:) gunna be fun

+ Kaznasty- on March 14th, 2016 at 6:18 am said:

I’ve been keeping an eye out for Salt & Sanctuary for a looooong time and can’t wait for it to come to Vita! Unfortunately, side-scrollers like this just don’t work for me on PS4 where I reserve my play time for games that make the most of the hardware. S&S is a perfect fit for Vita though! I know it’s cross-buy, but announce a release date on my handheld I’ll throw money at it faster than you can say “what’s a Vita”.

+ nevets_78 on March 14th, 2016 at 6:56 am said:

Sweet! Bubble Bobble!! Please tell me it has trophies!?!? Also bring BUST-A-MOVE! Fantastic game that needs to be brought to a new gen! My kids are 7 and 5 and they need to try the games i grew up on! Also bring this stuff to the VITA!! VITA FTW!!

+ shirogane20 on March 14th, 2016 at 8:09 am said:

That murasaki mist seems pretty interesting.

+ cusman on March 14th, 2016 at 9:22 am said:

Out of these, I go for Salt and Sanctuary (that co-op trailer they shared recently with the husband/wife developers sold me)

+ KoldStrejke on March 14th, 2016 at 10:48 am said:

Salt and Sanctuary, looks to be even better then Bloodborne. been waiting for this to come out. it looks fun. allready preordered it. the bloodborne thing was in jest.

+ intheface88 on March 14th, 2016 at 10:53 am said:

Can not wait for ALL of the Salt….and Sanctuary. So happy that this game is coming out first among the Indie games being released over the next couple months. They all look great, and I’ll likely get all of them, but I’ve been looking forward to this game just as much as any AAA title. Can’t wait to play.

+ Zamorian79 on March 14th, 2016 at 3:18 pm said:

Great week! I pre-ordered Senran Kagura EV Collector’s Edition. Can’t wait! I’m also very interested on Bubble Bobble, fantastic game. Used to spent a lot of quarters in that arcade. The AA games are priced too high in my opinion, but the games are fantastic!

+ chipper4444 on March 14th, 2016 at 3:19 pm said:

Just wondering i see all these games on ps store that release 4\5\6 months i can’t figure out why theirs no release date for and preorder for trackmania turbo 2 it releasees before those other games?

+ gaia_15 on March 14th, 2016 at 6:59 pm said:

plz bring a Re-master of the Ty The Tasmanian Tiger to us

+ Valormok on March 14th, 2016 at 7:10 pm said:

Salt and Sanctuary has good music. pre-ordered the game… but I want the music.

+ Circuitburnout on March 15th, 2016 at 6:00 am said:

Solid line up this week!

+ TheMagz2015 on March 15th, 2016 at 6:23 am said:

I just wish that Playstation would set it so that the store is DONE refreshing at midnight for the next day for the new titles. That way we wouldn’t have to wait all day long to get the game we want.

+ Jay-Matrix on March 15th, 2016 at 1:30 pm said:

Kinda bummed, that Crash games aren’t included in the Naughty Dog sale.