Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Mar 14

Fallout 4 Automatron Launching March 22nd on PS4

Matt Grandstaff's Avatar Posted by on Mar 14, 2016 // Global Community Lead, Bethesda Softworks

Fallout 4’s first add-on, Automatron, is coming to PS4 on March 22nd, and we’re excited to let you preview the new content with an all-new trailer!

The mysterious Mechanist has unleashed a horde of evil robots into the Commonwealth, including the devious Robobrain. Hunt them down and harvest their parts to build and mod your own custom robot companions. Choose from hundreds of mods — mixing limbs, armor, abilities and weapons, like the all-new lightning chain gun. You can even customize their paint schemes and choose their voices. (For characters level 15 or higher.)

In April, we’re expanding the capabilities of settlements with the second add-on, Wasteland Workshop, and in May, travel beyond the Commonwealth to Maine for Far Harbor — the largest landmass Bethesda Game Studios has ever created for post-release content.

And that’s just the beginning, with even more add-ons coming later in 2016. Stay tuned for more details on free updates like Survival Mode and the Creation Kit, which will allow you to create mods on the PC and then share and play them across all platforms, including PS4.

Fallout 4 Automatron on PS4Fallout 4 Automatron on PS4

This week a select group of PS4 players will be receiving invites to beta test Automatron. If you registered for the beta through, keep an eye on your inbox this week to see if you got in.

27 Comments   1 Reply

+ SBN_Rashad_850 on March 14th, 2016 at 8:57 am said:

I need this beta considering an huge fallout fan I’ve been. And the controversial season pass price hijack.

+ DirjelJunshin on March 14th, 2016 at 11:38 am said:

Mods on PS4? VERY interested to see that.

You guys (Bethesda) have come a long way as a console developer since the PS3 days. I’m excited to see where you go!

Matt Grandstaff's Avatar

+ Matt Grandstaff on March 14th, 2016 at 7:49 pm said:

They’re coming.

Thanks for your support!

+ dkarlowicz10 on March 14th, 2016 at 5:37 pm said:

Would love to see Fallout 3 and New Vegas Remastered on PS4.

+ PhillXVII on March 14th, 2016 at 7:16 pm said:

A Remaster would be awesome.

+ ShadowStar83x on March 14th, 2016 at 8:29 pm said:

+ KnightRid on March 15th, 2016 at 3:11 am said:

I never got the season pass and then with the price hike I figure I won’t be getting any add-ons until someone runs a sale on the season pass for the original price, or lower, or else I will wait to see if a game of the year edition gets released a year or two down the road and pick that up on sale for cheaper than all the dlc content together. Thats what I did for 3 and NV. DLC packs are just not worth the amount companies are charging for them IMHO. Full game for $60 and DLC content for $50? better be close to as much content as the entire original game…….which I just cant see happening.

+ lemmingwarrior on March 15th, 2016 at 4:32 am said:

Thanks for telling us about the updates. So I can start a fresh game to play the dlc at lvl 15 on day one

+ BladeGash on March 15th, 2016 at 8:57 am said:

Oh, man. I can’t wait to see what kind of new weapons and armor are coming with the Automatron DLC. As soon as this launches, I’m starting my Mechanist playthrough build.

+ Auto_Matix on March 21st, 2016 at 4:11 pm said:

Is the release for north america really comfimed at 10am PT for PS4 or is it getting released at midnight?

+ REDSierra089 on March 21st, 2016 at 8:08 pm said:

What in the 9 realms is going on at sony why if I am not mistaken is the dlc getting held back a day on ps4.
I already have so many regrets about buying fallout 4 on ps4 but this is just lame. NEVER AGAIN sony never again

+ kill9am1231 on March 21st, 2016 at 8:26 pm said:

I just learned that automatron comes out HOURSSSSSSSSSSSSSS later on playstation when i learned this i realized i have the season pass and got ****ed fricken bethasda is still Dad gum oblivious that there is a console PlayStation. Then i came to the conclusion that after i play automatron for a few hours im putting the game down and not buying another bethasda title agian

+ Auto_Matix on March 22nd, 2016 at 10:28 am said:

You jerks still havent released it for PS4 wtf is wrong with you this is BS you guys give to everyone early but us. Its 12:30 and no DLC you guys suck

+ HUUDZ on March 22nd, 2016 at 10:55 am said:

What the heck is going on? am i got up earley so i could download and play this but its says “This content cannot b slected at this time.” BS i have to woek in a few hours and wanted to get started but i guess not.

+ PredeKing on March 22nd, 2016 at 10:58 am said:

Just because you are eager does not make them jerks.

+ proxieme on March 22nd, 2016 at 11:35 am said:

@PredeKing – Jerks? No.
    But at 230pm Eastern, the DLC still not being available makes it apparent that someone really dropped the ball.

I’m not going to throw a fit about it (I WANT to – I feel like crap on a beautiful day and was hoping that destroying and modding a bunch of bots would do something to help), but I won’t. It wouldn’t do any good, anyway.

This is pretty suboptimal, though.

*taps glass*

Hey! Whatever social media intern’s monitoring this comment section: Please pass along our displeasure and our request for some small recompense.

+ elviswongtong4 on March 22nd, 2016 at 10:55 am said:

Sorry bethesda but i have a season pass but i cant download it that say me thats not avilaible ? (SORRY for my bad english)

+ elviswongtong4 on March 22nd, 2016 at 10:56 am said:

I try to download it from 1hours :(

+ proxieme on March 22nd, 2016 at 11:37 am said:

If you’re in the US, someone fouled something up and it’s been delayed on our end.

Someone a bit further down said that thry called and got a 5pm Eastern estimate.

+ LordFlvcko93 on March 22nd, 2016 at 11:18 am said:

Once again PlayStation owners get shafted.

+ elviswongtong4 on March 22nd, 2016 at 11:35 am said:

We can download it in 1hour and 26 minute i think

+ Lordlycanthrope on March 22nd, 2016 at 11:41 am said:

How about Sony releases this already? That’d be great.

+ Dark__Oblivion on March 22nd, 2016 at 11:58 am said:

roughly 3:00 pm est and still nothing.

+ Lordlycanthrope on March 22nd, 2016 at 12:14 pm said:

Sony, you are now more than two hours late with the release. At least two hours late with being able to download it that is. Just a heads up, if you want business than stick to your release schedule.

+ DrMurder420 on March 22nd, 2016 at 1:02 pm said:

Release it, then debug it. The add on is already released around the world.

+ stegil56 on March 22nd, 2016 at 1:23 pm said:

I am slowly switching everything over to my xbox 1 with a 4tb Seagate netbook, it is going to be YEARS before I have to delete a game!

+ LunaStrix on March 22nd, 2016 at 2:38 pm said:

Ok the dlc finally made it to us. FYI, if you download it, install it and it still doesn’t show up in add ons just restart your ps4 and it should be there.

+ TFMSoldier on March 28th, 2016 at 11:23 pm said:

i cant get the dlc well i dont have the season pass but u can download seperatly right? well i have been trying for ages to search for it in the store there is none can anyone help me with this problem