Final Fantasy XV

Mar 16

Skylar & Plux: Adventure on Clover Island Heading to PS4

Petr Ciesarík's Avatar Posted by on Mar 16, 2016 // PR & Marketing Manager, GRIP DIGITAL

Hi guys, Petr from Grip Digital here. GDC is in full swing and I would like to show you our brand new game, which we showed for the first time this week. Together with a young and ambitious studio from Sweden, Right Nice Games, we are announcing Skylar & Plux: Adventure on Clover Island, a single-player action platformer coming to PS4 this year.

Skylar & Plux: Adventure on Clover Island follows the best traditions of the third-person platformer genre. The game sets two unlikely heroes on an adventure to prevent the villainous CRT from conquering their home and turning it into a wasteland.

Skylar & Plux: Adventure on Clover Island on PS4
Skylar was designed by CRT and turned into his most potent weapon — wielding a powerful mechanical arm augmentation. But now she must become a heroine against her will to defy this destiny. And Plux is the goofy sidekick that every good action platformer needs to have.

Together, they will explore lush beaches, burning volcanoes, freezing mountains, and merciless desert. They will fight an army of CRT’s henchmen, collect powerful upgrades like the Magnetic Glove or the Jetpack, and challenge CRT’s plans — and their destinies — before it’s too late.

Skylar & Plux: Adventure on Clover Island on PS4Skylar & Plux: Adventure on Clover Island on PS4

If you enjoy the classic 3D platformers like Crash Bandicoot or the Jak & Daxter series, you will instantly fall in love with Skylar & Plux. Humor, colorful characters, and hours of great gameplay.

Skylar & Plux: Adventure on Clover Island will launch later this year on PS4. I look forward to showing you more stuff in the coming months!

+ CBMLROCKER on March 16th, 2016 at 8:10 am said:

Jak and Daxter is my favorite game of all time. I love 3d platformers and these screenshots have me pumped for this. Can’t wait to see more.

+ pixarplace on March 18th, 2016 at 8:05 am said:

Yeah man! The 8th generation needs more 3D Platformers like Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, Banjo-Kazooie and Spyro the Dragon. Once this game, Yooka-Laylee and Psychonauts 2 are released, there will be a resurgence towards 3D Platformers. (Those are what both Fred5107 and I want for this generation of game consoles).

+ Gorvi on March 16th, 2016 at 8:12 am said:

These games don’t come around nearly often enough. At least well done games of this type, anyway. I’m looking forward to this one, I need more games I can play around and with the kids. Is this aiming to be a full physical release or a smaller digital only game?

Petr Ciesarík's Avatar

+ Petr Ciesarík on March 22nd, 2016 at 9:45 am said:

Hi, currently we’re thinking only about digital version of the game but it can change in the future. Thanks!

+ palitococo on March 16th, 2016 at 8:16 am said:

Wowwww, im really happy to see this, i love 3D platforms and we need more games in the genere. Please show some gameplay, please!!!!

+ ChocolateHalo on March 16th, 2016 at 8:24 am said:

Can’t wait to hear more about this game. I was a big Crash fan back in the day and am looking for something to fill that void hopefully this can be it.

Love the art style :D

+ twinspectre on March 16th, 2016 at 9:51 am said:

We need more 3D Platformers, SONY I’m looking at you cough* Crash Bandicoot, Spyro the Dragon or Jak and Dexter *cough
on topic
I hope this game doesn’t handhold my hands and it gives me a old school challenging experience without being handholded
Please Don’t Insult our inteligence because we Know how to play

+ twinspectre on March 16th, 2016 at 9:53 am said:

I don’t want to see Autoregenhealth, Waypoints, Dumbed down gameplay
GIve us a Kick Azz experience :)
oh and btw, Where’s the HUD?
I’m all for 3D Platformers

in fact 3Dplatformers are one of my all time favorite genre

+ J_dubtster on March 16th, 2016 at 9:54 am said:

Looks awesome! Jak and Daxter were some of my favorite games as well. I would also like to know if this will be a digital only or will it also have a retail release?

Petr Ciesarík's Avatar

+ Petr Ciesarík on March 22nd, 2016 at 9:45 am said:

+ cosmis_chaos on March 16th, 2016 at 10:04 am said:

If it is in the same light as Jak and Daxter, Ratche and Clank and Crash Bandicoot I am in.

+ drepsx3 on March 16th, 2016 at 11:03 am said:

Platformers are my favorite kind of games to play, specifically 3D. There’s a small number of these on PS4 .Thanks for bringing this to us, can’t wait to play this.

+ android92 on March 16th, 2016 at 11:09 am said:

This is an automatic day one purchase for me.

+ WhiskeyBlues on March 16th, 2016 at 11:46 am said:

Excited for this one, but something about the camera movement seems a bit off.

+ Elvick_ on March 16th, 2016 at 12:27 pm said:

Reminds me more of Ratchet and Clank than Jak & Daxter, obviously minus the 3rd person shooter part. That’s a good thing, definitely will pick this up it looks awesome.

+ L2-C2 on March 16th, 2016 at 11:19 pm said:

I had the exact same reaction. Consider me sold.

+ Welmosca on March 16th, 2016 at 12:49 pm said:

Consider your game bought…ha its such a joy seeing someone supporting a genre such as this which is basically dead nowadays,you guys can definitely count with ma support.Classic 3D platformers always were the most fun games…its really sad to see how little the genre is supported nowadays and when I see something like Skylar & Plux happening its almost unbelievable.

Also the game is insanely gorgeous…I’m finding hard to understand why you guys didn’t put your teaser trailer here in the Blog post,the reading alone basically sold me on the game but the trailer sealed the deal.If anyone’s interested here it is:

1 more thing…the pic in the main page of the Blog reminds of The Witness just saying,when I saw the pic without reading anything I thought it was something related to The Witness lol.

+ Trendy_Kid on March 16th, 2016 at 1:43 pm said:

Checked out a gameplay vid, definitely looks more like Rachet and Clank than anything else. I didn’t hate those games, but I definitely prefer J&K and Crash over R&C. Crash is my boy!

+ Xanthus179 on March 16th, 2016 at 3:22 pm said:

Sounds awesome! PS4 could use some more platformers.

+ Hakumen__ on March 17th, 2016 at 1:17 am said:

I certainly miss playing some good old classic 3d platforms.

Any plans to bring this game to PS Vita?

+ JoeUFC on March 17th, 2016 at 8:04 am said:

Looks like I will enjoy this, as someone who is a hardcore Ratchet & Clank fan!

+ LeMatster on March 17th, 2016 at 1:24 pm said:

Day one!! I love platformers and this looks right up my alley!! Visually Ratchet & Clank a little too much but that’s fine ;)

+ VinsanityV21 on March 17th, 2016 at 1:56 pm said:

I really, really like to see Platformers coming back :) I mean, we’ve got games like The Last Tinker and Ratchet & Clank out there, and a TON of promising stuff like Yooka-Laylee, Lucky’s Tale, A Hat in Time, Oliver & Spike: Dimension Jumpers, and Psychonauts 2 – as well as a ton more smaller-scale indie games to count (Poi, FreezeMe, Clive & Wrench, Happy Hell)… it’s ABOUT TIME, I say! I just wish Crash could come back too… and Jak… and we’re due for Sly 5 next year I figure (because of the movie). And I would personally love to see Ty the Tasmanian Tiger and Vexx come back… but the point is, I’m just super happy to see the genre come back :D

This one looks like another great one to add to the pile, even if it seems a little familiar thanks to the Ratchet & Clank influence. Y’know what? As long as it’s good, I don’t care if it’s familiar (Avalanche’s “Chicken Little: Ace in Action” was a straight up clone of R&C, and it was fantastic). This looks awesome, so count me in as long as it’s fun to play!

+ digiboy123 on March 17th, 2016 at 2:30 pm said:

We need more games like this, Sony. Games like this dominated Ninendo, PS1 and PS2. FPS dominated last gen, MOBA and 8 bit dominating this gen. This genre is BY FAR the funnest, in my opinion. We want more like this!

+ Wingman_SRK on March 17th, 2016 at 6:37 pm said:

I love games like this. Good on you guys for supporting the genre.

+ sekaniy on March 18th, 2016 at 9:24 am said:

I’m pumped for this more than a lot of the other stuff. I’m getting a PS4 next month specifically for Ratchet and Clank. This will be another must have for me. Sony we still love these games. Naughty Dog did a lot with Uncharteds and LoU, but we really wanted a new Jak! Uncharted just turned into a shooter, climb here, do this puzzle, then pirates shooting grab this gun…
I don’t know if they feel we are all grown up, and need realistic violence, but these games are classic. I would rather play these games any day over an online shooter.

+ iM-A-tRuMsTaH on March 24th, 2016 at 2:10 pm said:

Man, hell yeah. Just last night I was searching “3D Platformer PS4”. Other than the upcoming Yooka-Laylee, I came up empty handed. This is a very pleasant surprise for me and I’m eager to learn more about it. It looks wonderful by the way.