PlayStation Vue

Mar 18

PS Blogcast 201

PlayStation Blogcast Episode 201: Music, Magic, and Marvel

Justin Massongill's Avatar Posted by on Mar 18, 2016 // Social Media Manager, SIEA

Subscribe via iTunes or RSS, or download here

We’re two Blogcasters down this week, but that doesn’t mean less content. No no, dear reader, we’ve got a straight-up cornucopia of gaming goodness for you in Episode 201, including impressions from our big PlayStation VR GDC extravaganza and no less than three (count ’em!) interviews. Please — listen in.

Stuff We Talked About

• Interview: Disney Infinity — Marvel Battlegrounds
  • Interview: Thumper (in VR!)
  • Interview: Golem (in VR!)
  • Lots and lots and lots of VR talk
  • SuperHyperCube
  • The Division
  • Destiny
  • PlayStation Vue

Recent Episodes

The Cast

Official PlayStation Blogcast: Sid ShumanOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Justin Massongill

Sid Shuman – Social Media Sr. Manager, SCEA
Justin Massongill – Social Media Manager, SCEA

Send us questions and tips! blogcast@playstation.sony.com
Leave us a voicemail! (650) 288-6706

Thanks to Cory Schmitz for our beautiful logo and Dormilón for our rad theme song and show music.

+ Wingman_SRK on March 18th, 2016 at 6:00 pm said:

Almost 2 hours long. Oh my.

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on March 18th, 2016 at 8:19 pm said:

I tried to do a muscle / flex emoji but apparently our state-of-the-art commenting platform can’t handle them newfangled texty-things. So uh…

*flex*

+ bbswarrior_11 on March 18th, 2016 at 6:13 pm said:

I read this in Sid´s seducing voice… “OH Myyy”

+ paulogy on March 18th, 2016 at 6:58 pm said:

So did I :-D

+ siriusbee on March 18th, 2016 at 8:11 pm said:

With *Disney*!

I haven’t listened yet, but I’m curious to learn whether the person being interviewed is this same guy I’ve seen in other major video game events from Disney, and I took note because he had this way of batting his…eyelids, I think? But you’d look at it at wonder simultaneously, “Whoa, that was just Disney!” and “How does he do that so perfectly, what must his life be like, how long did he have to practice?”

Anyway, looking forward to hearing this now. Thanks for the show, you two.

+ BlueBl1zzard on March 21st, 2016 at 3:00 pm said:

Haha same here. Sid just seems to have that effect on people.

+ sealum01 on March 18th, 2016 at 6:11 pm said:

Goodness! 2 hours of blogcast is my idea of heaven, especially with the planned VR content! (seriously, I really love the blogcast)

I’ve never been more excited for anything video game related as I am for Playstation VR. I’ve got my browser window locked and loaded to pre-order the PSVR bundle the *moment* it goes live. The bundled VR Worlds is icing on an already tantalizing cake: I’m equal parts excited to play the mini-games and to show them off to my significant other and friends… I. Cannot. Wait.

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on March 18th, 2016 at 8:17 pm said:

I can’t wait to surrender myself to the virtual world!

+ sealum01 on March 18th, 2016 at 6:14 pm said:

… Oh, and Ratchet & Clank will be here in under a month! And Alienation will arrive a few weeks after that! Does it get any better?

+ jgrizzle358 on March 18th, 2016 at 6:15 pm said:

Wow, I wasn’t even expecting one this week. You guys are troopers. *salutes*

Justin Massongill's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on March 18th, 2016 at 8:16 pm said:

*The Division salute emote*
    *jumping jacks*

+ SukiHissori on March 19th, 2016 at 11:28 am said:

YESSSSS OKAGE!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAH

+ Ind3structoman on March 19th, 2016 at 1:26 pm said:

When I think about No Man’s Sky on PSVR (although it may never happen), my mind explodes.

+ ColonelOCorn on March 19th, 2016 at 1:38 pm said:

Sid and Justin:

Was playing Division with a buddy and we were running through a blizzard. I was climbing up a ladder and noticed the snow was on top of my cap as well as on my backpack.

That was pretty dang amazing.

+ TampaDK22 on March 19th, 2016 at 3:05 pm said:

Ccgjgchcghfyjfjysdugkfaudgkguksdvugkadcdafhuoaefuigdqyw

+ deliriumsfrogs on March 21st, 2016 at 3:36 pm said:

O. M. G. !!

Ryan and Justin, please keep the blogcast posted on your Final Fantasy adventures with JV.
This would be a weekly segment I would look forward to more than anything. lol!

Well, that and more tales of heavy breathing in the bathroom…I mean, that would be fine, too.

What a great interview! :D

+ anberlin44 on March 22nd, 2016 at 10:47 am said:

That interview for Disney Infinity Battlegrounds was one of the most enjoyable interviews. You can tell they have a genuine passion for their game. Great episode once again!