Mirror's Edge Catalyst

Mar 27

MLB The Show 16

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 3/29/2016

Ryan Clements's Avatar Posted by on Mar 27, 2016 // Social Media Specialist

The Drop

The crisp wind through an open stadium. The crack of a bat against a fastball. And the eruption of cheers from the crowd. The celebrated baseball sim series returns with MLB The Show 16, out this week on PS4 and PS3.

MLB The Show 16 continues the series’ long-running tradition of gorgeous visuals, deep gameplay systems, and a staggering number of modes for any baseball fanatic. Slow down key moments in the game with ShowTime, and engage in the most personalized, rewarding iteration of Road to the Show yet.

For a full list of games coming to PlayStation this week, read on. And enjoy the Drop!

New Releases: March 29th, 2016
Adam’s Venture: Origins
PS4 — Digital (Out 4/1)

Adams Venture

Embark on a bold adventure in Adam’s Venture: Origins. Set in the roaring 20’s, you’ll explore ancient ruins and recover mysterious artifacts. Together with your trusted accomplice Evelyn you will have to outsmart the evil Clairvaux company.

Arcade Archives Life Force
PS4 — Digital

Arcade Archives Life Force

Life Force is a shooter originally released in 1986. Players challenge the aggressions from the Bacterian special force known as Salamander. This game includes “Salamander” which is the Japanese version of the game, and “Life Force” which is the rearranged version released in 1987.

Chronicles of Teddy: Harmony of Exidus
PS4 — Digital

Chronicles of Teddy

Chronicles of Teddy: Harmony of Exidus fuses together action adventure and RPG elements with lavish visuals to create a nostalgic world unlike anything you’ve seen before. Navigate your way through hordes of nefarious monsters and massive boss battles in retro pixelated 2D glory! Solve puzzles, converse with locals, and gain skills to restore hope to the once peaceful Exidus.

Fenix Furia
PS4 — Digital

The release date has been updated. Please stay tuned for more information.

Gryphon Knight Epic
PS4 — Digital

Gryphon Knight Epic

Gryphon Knight Epic is a 2D Medieval shoot ’em up that mixes elements from classical shooters, including exploration and duel-like boss battles. It tells the story of Sir Oliver and Aquila, an accomplished knight and his loyal gryphon that are forced back to adventure once again.

Knight Solitaire
PS Vita — Digital

Knight Solitaire

The new Knight Solitaire! Become the champion of a royal tournament! 12 luxurious locations and entertaining gameplay. Make chains of cards, use bonuses, and get real royal rewards!

Maliya
PS Vita — Digital

Maliya

Hidden from the world, the card and strategy game Maliya delivers fun for centuries to those who know it. For the first time developed for portable consoles with different options to keep you amused.

MLB The Show 16
PS4, PS3 — Digital, Retail

MLB The Show 16
MLB The Show 16 is a more immersive and exciting baseball experience than ever before. MLB The Show 16 delivers sports fans the most immersive, and authentic baseball game on consoles. This year The Show offers even more gameplay improvements, new game modes, and a greater ability to personalize your baseball experience.

Nights of Azure
PS4 — Digital, Retail

Nights of Azure

Save the world or the life of one girl… The world was once ruled by the Nightlord. In that world lived a Saint, destined to become a sacrifice to the Nightlord, and a Holy Knight, with incredible power. The meeting of the girls changed the fate of the world.

No Time to Explain
PS4 — Digital

No Time To Explain on PS4
No Time To Explain is a game about shooting the ground, putting on weight, and setting your body on fire. Blast yourself through time and alternate realities to rescue your future-self from a giant crab sent by your evil time-twin from another dimension!

Organic Panic
PS4 — Digital

Organic Panic

Organic Panic is a super-kooky platformer with totally destructible environments and dynamic fluids. Smash through earth, create and turn into water, control gravity, and set it all on fire as you battle and puzzle your way through more than 200 levels.

PieceFall
PS4 — Digital (Out 3/31)

PieceFall

The floating islands of PieceFall were once the site of ancient spiritual monuments dedicated to tranquility. Since then the islands have fallen out of balance, and you must rebuild the land piece by piece to restore the monuments. PieceFall is a geometric puzzle game set in an abstract floating world. Are you ready to accept the challenge, and restore harmony to the islands?

R.B.I. Baseball 16
PS4 — Digital

R.B.I. Baseball 16 on PS4
Make the play with your favorite Major League Baseball team and win the World Series! R.B.I. 16 features enhanced lighting and graphics, revamped defensive AI, an improved batting system, and the ability to sim through games in Season mode.

Resident Evil 6
PS4 — Digital, Retail

Resident Evil 6

Blending action and survival horror, Resident Evil 6 is a dramatic horror experience that cannot be forgotten. Now in high definition, the game offers multiple characters, including fan favorites and new faces, along with solo and co-op modes and new challenges for players.

Sid Meier’s Civilization Revolution 2 Plus
PS Vita — Digital

Civilization Revolution 2 Plus

Lead a civilization from the dawn of man to the modern age, and go head-to-head with history’s most intrepid leaders as you wage war, conduct diplomacy, discover new technologies, and build the most powerful empire the world has ever known in a race for ultimate supremacy.

Tachyon Project
PS Vita — Digital

Tachyon Project
Tachyon Project is an action packed twin-stick shooter with lots of weapons, enemies, and some innovative stealth gameplay mechanics. In the game you take control of Ada, a software program that has to hack into the most secure servers on Earth to find out about her creators.

Trillion: God of Destruction
PS Vita — Digital, Retail

Trillion: God of Destruction on PS Vita
In this groundbreaking strategy RPG, fight alongside six Overlord candidates to keep the Underworld from being destroyed! Through rigorous training, you can turn the tide of battle and stop Trillion from consuming the Underworld!

UnEpic
PS4, PS Vita — Digital (Cross Buy)

UnEpic

Daniel was just an average guy. Videogame player, big fan of sci-fi movies, and a novice RPG player. In the midst of an RPG, he was teleported to a castle. Daniel believed that he was having a massive hallucination. Eager to keep playing within the RPG to create his own adventure, he decides to go along for the ride until his delirium comes to an end.

PlayStation Music Logo

• Weezer — The White Album
  • Moderat — III
  • Black Stone Cherry — Kentucky

PlayStation Video Logo

• Norm of the North
  • Justice League vs. Teen Titans
  • WWE: Fastlane 2016

PlayStation Vue Logo

• Deadliest Catch — March 29 at 9/8c (Discovery)
  • Archer — March 31 at 10/9c (FX)
  • Wynonna Earp — April 1 at 10/9c (Syfy)

The information above is subject to change without notice.

96 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ NX_Nytrux on March 27th, 2016 at 10:09 am said:

R.B.I. Baseball 16 for me, thanks guys.

PS2 Classics Wish List:
– Silent Hill 2/3/The Room/Origins (i don’t like HD remasters)
– Valkyrie Profile 2 Silmeria
– Obscure 1/2
– Xenosaga 1/2/3
– Hounting Ground

+ gameman15 on March 27th, 2016 at 10:42 am said:

Or how about even better. Add disc su–. You know what, if I have to re-purchase the games that I already own, fine, I will do that. But this time, it won’t be re-purchased on a PlayStation system. Instead, they will be re-bought on Nintendo systems. Besides, I started gaming with Nintendo, and even during my days as a PlayStation fan (that I now regret being thanks to Sony’s anti-consumerism), I still have a love for Nintendo (that you will never take away from me). Not only will it apply to PS2 games, it will also apply to PS1, PS3, PSP, PS Vita, and (most likely) PS4 games. And if you that I’m “insane” for even thinking about it, then let my “insanity” be the mother of my betrayal.

+ dkarlowicz10 on March 27th, 2016 at 11:01 am said:

I would love PS2 classics (with trophies, PS4 versions) to be playable on Vita.

+ SilentNova on March 27th, 2016 at 2:07 pm said:

@gameman

Nintendo has the worst policies of all the companies and have been the meanest to fans overall. They are the last to reduce prices on any title as far as that even goes, but that is just a small part of the problem.

if you put your Nintendo account on a Wii U that’s it. It is now attached to that Wii U. 3DS transfers are a complete pain as they need to verify that you actually removed your account from a previous handheld if you want to transfer store items. No multi use period. With VC going from Wii to 3DS you better rebuy those games.

The only benefit they have with Wii U is it can play Wii games, but even that is not the same as PS4 playing PS2. Instead it is still closure to VC, but Wii U does not let you play GameCube games even as downloadables at this time. If they do you will be expected to pay $19.99 probably for no new features like the Wii downloadable versions playable on Wii U.

I own both a Wii U and a New 3DS, I really enjoy the Legend of Zelda series and Pokemon. I play Smash Bros from time to time as well, but Nintendo practices are not something I would even slightly jump for joy over.

+ gameman15 on March 27th, 2016 at 2:41 pm said:

@SilentNova I don’t think you understand how I am going to be re-purchasing. What I mean by that is that every game that I already own on PS1, PS2, PSP, PS3, PS Vita, and (most likely) PS4 will be re-bought by me on N64, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, 3DS, and (pretty soon) the NX (if there are Nintendo versions of them available). And again, if you think I’m “insane” for even thinking about it, then let my “insanity” be the mother of my betrayal.

+ ArunTahlan on March 27th, 2016 at 2:51 pm said:

@SilentNova: Nintendo still has free multiplayer. Something which both Xbox and PS have locked behind $50-60 per year subscription paywalls.
    Also Wii U has 100% disc level compatibility with Wii. XBox One is just starting off with BC(albeit very successfully). And the PS4 has none.(PS Now is not BC as it’s not free and requires constant online data consumption. It’s just a PS3 streaming subscription)

@gameman15: lol

+ SilentNova on March 27th, 2016 at 4:06 pm said:

@gameman15

So you will have no games really?

@ArunTahlon

The only reason Nintendo is not charging for online play yet is because they barely have online. They also have far fewer people online then both Xbox and Playstation. If they reach that point, Nintendo will be charging too.

As for Xbox One BC, that is a joke. I am seriously considering trading in my Xbox One to get a 360. The games I want to be BC are clearly never going to hit that list which adds like 3 to 4 titles every three months at this point and I have not really enjoyed any of the Xbox One exclusives outside of Dead Rising 3 which I also have on Steam.

I think the main reason PS4 not having BC bugs people is because PS2 and the original PS3 were both fully backwards compatible. PS3 even allowed for PSOne discs to be used.

+ Letters2Kay on March 27th, 2016 at 5:47 pm said:

I have a PSN account that has logged every purchase I have made for the last decade- meanwhile, I have purchased games on my retired Wii that I can’t download onto my WiiU or my seldom-used 3DS or vice versa because the purchase is tied to the console and not an account I have created. Sony is leaps and bounds beyond Nintendo in the digital content arena, sorry to burst your bubble.

+ ArunTahlan on March 27th, 2016 at 6:50 pm said:

@SilentNova: You are absolutely correct that given a chance Nintendo may like to charge for MP. But the fact is that they aren’t and that’s superb. It’s a significant cost saving for consumer. Over the duration of the console generation paid MP effectively doubles the upfront console purchase cost. Meanwhile Nintendo has shown during Wii U gen that it’s gotten much better when it comes to online multiplayer(e.g. Splatoon, Mario Kart8, Super Smash Bros). I hope with Nintendo NX, they maintain their policy on free MP and BC.

PS3 was my only console during the previous gen and I have nearly 500 games for it(200 physical). Thanks to lack of BC, I can’t play them on my PS4. I’ve already had 2 PS3 die and am in no mood to buy another anytime soon. So basically entire collection is dead thanks to lack of BC. When Sony markets PS Now subscription as BC or rereleases the same PS2 games digitally on PS4 that I already own on PS3, it’s really disgusting from a longtime customer perspective. If I could go back, I would have rather built up my collection on Steam(PC) or XBox, which is atleast trying for full backward and forward compatibility.

Contd…

+ ArunTahlan on March 27th, 2016 at 6:51 pm said:

Contd…
    I completely disagree to your assessment of XOne BC as a ‘joke’. It’s a very pro-consumer move for which Microsoft is rightly lauded. Infact XBox BC was the second biggest reason why I got XOne few months back(top reason was GWG, EA Access quality vis-a-vis PS Plus). GWG offers 4 high quality games per month that I actually look forward to. XBox BC is creating my back catalogue of games for X360, which I never owned. Thankfully its also bringing alive some of the games from my ‘lost’ PS3 collection and I am discovering some new ones that I missed out on. XBox BC games run buttery smooth and suddenly the library of XOne is much stronger now. It doesn’t force people who have disc version to rebuy digitally. I think it’s fantastic and Sony should learn from MSFT sooner than later. Lame excuses about PS3 architecture don’t cut any ice. They had similar stand on why PS2 can’t be emulated on PS3, but eventually they did so when they saw the opportunity(late in console cycle). While PS started the current console cycle in style, but imho several short sighted measures have taken their shine off lately. Hope PS course corrects.

+ MysticalOS on March 27th, 2016 at 7:33 pm said:

Agree with silent hills NX_Nytrux

the HD remakes were horrible because they admit they didn’t have the original source code anymore and used some old beta test code that lacked the bugfixes and polish of final versions. It was literally a beta product that ran like garbage. Especially silent hill 2 which actually added features to greatest hits addition such as the single player story mode for what’s her face.

Xenosaga, I’d rather get HD works done though. Those games deserve it. But it’ll never happen with monolith in nintendo’s hands :\ the only thing they pump out now is xenoblades.

+ Ragnawind on March 27th, 2016 at 7:36 pm said:

@ Letters2Kay: You can actually transfer your Wii purchases to the WiiU, but you will lose access to them on the Wii if you do. This should detail how to do it:

+ AlReavis911US on March 28th, 2016 at 8:51 am said:

Damn!!! You Are Reading my mind. A specially with Xenosaga Trilogy.

+ Seluhir on March 28th, 2016 at 2:11 pm said:

@gameman if you’re going Nintendo, just go. Don’t waste your time here any further. I wish people knew how to make a clean break…

The reality is, the things you ask for are either impossible or would be tantamount to financial suicide, given the way the consoles were made. Now, if you dislike this reality, that’s fine. I’m not the biggest fan of the proprietary and unique ways that Sony made their previous consoles either. But I recognize that, due to the REALITY of how the previous hardware was designed, backwards compatibility is essentially impossible. So I accept that. Since I still have my old consoles, I’m okay with this. It’s not ideal, but I understand the reasons why it is the way it is, and I can see looking at the way the PS4 was designed that Sony has learned from their mistakes.

If you cannot accept that reality, your best bet is to make a clean break and move to a different piece of hardware. PC is probably your best bet if backwards compatibility is that important to you. But constantly whining here is accomplishing nothing except annoying the rest of us and wasting your own time.

+ mgs_mike677 on March 29th, 2016 at 2:26 am said:

@gameman15 Wow, you really are sticking it to the man, aren’t you? -_-

You’re really going out of your way to tell Sony all about it as you’re on their new release blog.

+ RaxGhost on March 29th, 2016 at 7:28 am said:

And Silent Hill 2 must be the Director’s Cut edition

+ CommandingTiger on March 29th, 2016 at 2:36 pm said:

Please bring Blades and Souls with their expansion on to the PS4. It is an MMO on the PC.

+ porhawj2014 on March 27th, 2016 at 10:15 am said:

Hi Ryan, i am getting MLB 16 the show and Walking Dead with Michonne Episode 2. can’t wait to play Ratchet & Clank in two more weeks away

+ Griever_Ca on March 27th, 2016 at 10:17 am said:

Is Nights of Azure still coming to Vita?

+ CrimsonDream24 on March 27th, 2016 at 10:27 am said:

@Griever_Ca reply button isn’t working for me so I have to do it this way.

I may be wrong, but I recall the announcement being basically “We’re bringing the PS4 version of Nights of Azure to North America. We may consider the vita version later if it seems like there’s enough interest” I don’t think they ever said they were localizing the vita version..

+ whereymyconary on March 27th, 2016 at 12:02 pm said:

As much as I love the vita, nights of azure has massive frame rate problems on the vita making it impossible to enjoy. So… Probably not since it’s broken on the vita. Sad days for a vita fan.

But getting it on ps4 in a away gives it to me on my vita. So that’s works for me.

+ Hakumen__ on March 27th, 2016 at 5:26 pm said:

At gamefaqs someone mentioned that a recent patch for the PS Vita version fixed the framerate problems. Therefore I’m still hoping that they can bring the PS Vita version to the west as well.

+ HellBringer1975 on March 27th, 2016 at 10:26 am said:

is Resident evil 6 not pre download because it says on a bunch of sites it is even on capcom page but its only up for pre order on my xbox one it was up 3 days ago there but my ps4 is still a no show , so is this another darksiders 2 headache . wondering because if its not showing up today i will be getting the xbox one version as i am leaving tonight and wanted it installed for when i got back next week.

+ LeiFangFan85 on March 27th, 2016 at 10:28 am said:

Tachyon Project, Unepic, Nights of Azure, and Trillion: God of Destruction look quite interesting to me. Might get them when I have enough money. :)

+ RSevo09 on March 27th, 2016 at 10:31 am said:

There’s some truly terrible game descriptions this week. :/

As someone looking forward to Nights of Azure, I already know what it is. But man, the write up is bad. At least start it with that it’s an Action RPG.

I imagine Colin & Greg are gonna have a field day with some of these ;)

+ TJ_Solo on March 27th, 2016 at 1:58 pm said:

The baseball game comes out, some indies, and some Japanese games people want. Looks like a good week to be a gamer to me.

+ FreelanceSam on March 27th, 2016 at 10:32 am said:

After being delayed twice already at the last minute, I won’t believe that Civ is coming until I actually see it in the store on Tuesday. Any idea on the price? I have $26 in my ‘wallet.’ I hope that’s enough.

+ Necroadr on March 27th, 2016 at 10:40 am said:

PS2 classics I need: GoW, GoWII, Silent Hill: The Room, Black, Shadow of The Colossus.

+ fudgenasty21 on March 27th, 2016 at 10:44 am said:

WHY IS THERE NO EASTER SALE????

+ rudetoy on March 27th, 2016 at 10:57 am said:

Hope they fixed “Unepic” from its previous releases. As reviews have pointed out, there were major problems with enemy AI, for one.

+ navcomm81 on March 27th, 2016 at 10:58 am said:

I nailed a three run homer with Bautista last night, but I’m guessing the new ‘iconic’ bat flip is only for a Grand Slam since it didn’t happen.

Anyway, solid week – enjoying The Show 16 so far!

+ dkarlowicz10 on March 27th, 2016 at 11:00 am said:

I hope PS Plus for April has some AAA games. Xbox One got 4 AAA games this month (two of them through backward compatibility). One of these AAA games is Sunset Overdrive.

+ navcomm81 on March 27th, 2016 at 11:36 am said:

Sunset Overdrive can be found for $5-$10 now… not exactly an amazing Games With Gold release.

+ ernestemarosa on March 27th, 2016 at 11:19 am said:

So I guess no easter sale?

+ Trieloth on March 27th, 2016 at 11:29 am said:

Life force? Awesome! Thanks!

+ Letters2Kay on March 27th, 2016 at 5:48 pm said:

Right? Loved playing that game on my NES back in the day.

+ podcast_lover on March 27th, 2016 at 11:52 am said:

Drop enjoyed. Happy Bunny day.

+ lirvay_us on March 27th, 2016 at 12:03 pm said:

Please release PS2 classics: Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories,

+ YorlecmNwahs on March 27th, 2016 at 12:09 pm said:

PS2 Classics Wish List:

Flatout 2
Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks
Playboy Mansion

+ Potter13579 on March 27th, 2016 at 12:09 pm said:

I sure hope Psychonauts is coming out soon next month since it’s set for a spring release and I just want to get some trophies for it already. I’m still surprised it didn’t come out alongside Day of the Tentacle last week.

+ Sonicfan11589 on March 27th, 2016 at 12:13 pm said:

PS2 Classics Wishlist:
-The Simpsons Hit and Run
-Virtua Fighter 4/Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution
-Xenosaga 1-3
-Bloody Roar 3 and 4

+ gameman15 on March 27th, 2016 at 12:27 pm said:

@Sonicfan11589 I can see the later three games happening. Unfortunately, I won’t see The Simpsons Hit and Run getting a re-release anytime in the future. Because not only Sony would have to get permission from Activision (who now owns the publisher of the game “Vivendi Universal Games”, but doesn’t own the Simpsons license), they would also have to get permission from Vivendi (despite not owning the Simpsons license and their video games division, again, being owned by Activision, but still possibly held some of the rights to this game), EA (who still holds the Simpsons license), and 20th Century Fox (who owns the Simpsons franchise). Leaving that to a total of 4 companies that Sony has to get permission from in order for this game to be re-released. So you have better luck seeing games (either owned by Sony or have rights owned by only 1 additional company) being re-released.

+ MauCamper on March 27th, 2016 at 12:25 pm said:

NO EASTER SAAAAAAAAAALE?

+ Embytron on March 27th, 2016 at 12:50 pm said:

Two games I would buy in a heartbeat if they were on Vita (Teddy and Fenix). I certainly don’t feel like playing either of those on my TV. Shame, but at least I get to keep my money again this week. :)

+ Cosmonecro on March 27th, 2016 at 12:51 pm said:

Bout freakin time jacakasses. -_-

+ Cosmonecro on March 27th, 2016 at 12:53 pm said:

*jackasses

+ Asshawk on March 27th, 2016 at 1:02 pm said:

I really hope they fixed the problems the Asian release of Civilization Revolution 2 Plus had for the North American release. The frame rate problems and constant waiting for combat animations to load really brings down the whole experience.

+ JuggaloHomie4321 on March 27th, 2016 at 2:14 pm said:

Sony for my wishlist for ps2 games on ps4 you should bring Scarface the world is yours and Manhunt 2 it would be epic for those 2 games to be on ps4

+ Coltaine22 on March 27th, 2016 at 2:29 pm said:

Isn’t Hyper Light Drifter this week?

+ Mercenary09 on March 27th, 2016 at 5:35 pm said:

Only on PC. It’s coming to consoles later.

+ fixer1989 on March 27th, 2016 at 4:19 pm said:

Looking forward to Unepic and Adams Venture. Side note: Please re-release the Ty the Tasmanian Tiger games!! Loved those and really want to replay them.

+ Dr_Fruity_Loops on March 27th, 2016 at 4:49 pm said:

I know ps plus is optional, even one good game a year pays for most of it, ect/I can’t complain (this is damage control for my comment) but please release at least one cool game this month for ps plus so I get to stop seeing people complain online about how theres a bunch of AAA games coming out with Games with Gold for Xbox this month. As a Sony fan I’m getting really sad that Xbox gets not only two 360 games they can play on Xbox One but usually an idie Xbox One game and an old AAA title. I beg you, just for one month don’t give is nothing but top down indie space shooters. Please. I already saw one of them is going to be yet again but theres still hope.

+ Tinye310 on March 27th, 2016 at 5:04 pm said:

Nights of Azure!! finally!! I have you! Trillion I’m looking forward to your arrival at my door as well. Civ plus I need this, will get eventually. Also there are a ton of indies this week that look awesome! Looking forward to seeing them up close and personal! Great release week.

+ Hakumen__ on March 27th, 2016 at 5:28 pm said:

Also hoping for Xenosaga 1-3 to be added to the PSN as PS2 Classics!

+ SureBigBuster on March 27th, 2016 at 6:25 pm said:

No Easter sale huh??

+ ElektroDragon on March 27th, 2016 at 7:06 pm said:

I’d like to design a game too. I’ll call it “Indie Overload”. Unfortunately, I’m afraid it will get lost in the shuffle.

+ Zioneering on March 27th, 2016 at 8:26 pm said:

UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC UNEPIC IM SOOOO HAPPY THANKS PLAYSTATION!

+ IcedDice777 on March 27th, 2016 at 9:47 pm said:

Resident Evil 6 Remaster, Retail for me this week :)

Wow, Life Force. I played this on the Pretendo Entertainment systemuh when i was a tiny whippersnapper :)
Got to give credit to Hamster and Konami where credit is due on releasing these Arcade Archive classics. Jackal, Rush n Attack, Contra, Devastators Arcade Archive versions are probably on the works.

Nevertheless…Will pass until these Arcade archives are more reasonably priced or Free on plus. Whichever comes first.

My .02

+ PanTheMan16 on March 28th, 2016 at 12:03 am said:

The RE6 write-up says “Now in high definition”, but it was before. 720p is HD. It would be more appropriate to say, “Now in 1080p” or “Now in full HD” (but that would confuse people who don’t know the difference between HD and Full HD).

+ The_4th_Hokage_X on March 28th, 2016 at 12:48 am said:

Wish list:

PS4: clash of clans type of game. Sudoku, bejeweled, crystal defenders,

PS3 to PS4: The Sims 3, COD 4, MW2, Playstation All Stars,

PS2 to PS4: Dragon Ball Budokai (all), The Sims (all), Matrix path of neo, Smack Down here comes the pain.

Thanks for ignoring me.

+ NeoMahi on March 28th, 2016 at 2:05 am said:

Looks like ‘The Show 16’ and if it’s priced right, Fenix Furia looks pretty dang rad. We’ll have to see what they’re asking for it.

Ya know, much like M.A.G., Socom, and soon to be games like Destiny, The Division, and Battlefront, it’s going to be a sad day when severs shut down and you can no longer play those games anymore. I WOULD LOVE TO PLAY M.A.G. still. It was so far ahead of it’s time and people just couldn’t grasp the concept. They were so blinded the simplicity of Call of Duty-that was crap. They couldn’t fathom it, sadly. And you say: Dude, it doesn’t matter. You can always play games like Journey, or Axiom Verge, because they’ll always be on your PSN account. Actually, they won’t. TMNT published by Ubisoft on PS3 and Xbox 360, GONE! I purchased a digital copy of Gears of War. My PC crashed, GONE!

+ NeoMahi on March 28th, 2016 at 2:06 am said:

Business that sold it, gone! And then they fizzle off into the abyss. Journey might be a bad example, which solidify’s my point. You want to immortalize great games? Put them on a UMD, a game stick, OR A BLU-RAY DISC! People go back and play games. You want to play Phantasy Star Online on Dreamcast? Go right ahead. Want to play with your buddies? Play it on Gamecube. Want to play it on Xbox? Oh wait. You can’t because it was online only and you had to have an Xbox Live account. This is what I’m talking about. Develop your games to last. Publish them to last. Let people talk about them for decades like they do Mario. (May not be longer with Nintendo’s digital only console the NX). Games die.

+ NeoMahi on March 28th, 2016 at 2:06 am said:

Retro Rampage won’t, why? It’s on physical media. Phantasy Star is still played today, thankfully because it’s on a G-ROM so fans can create servers. Sony, find ways to immortalize games, because people still play Super Mario Bros. They still play Crash Bandicoot. That can’t happen if they slowly fade from existence. This might be a game worth putting in a compilation, or porting to the Vita on a stick. HDD fill up and have to be upgraded or deleted and re-downloaded but ya know what, they dissapear. You don’t care because you’ve made your money. We care because we spent our hard earned money on it to play it whenever we want. That’s it. I’ve said my peace.

+ stalepie on March 29th, 2016 at 8:53 am said:

I agree. I hope to see indie compilations for PSN/e-Shop/XBoxLive/Steam-only games. Sony seemed to be starting that on PS3 with “Best of PSN Volume 1,” but there was only one volume and it was Sony-owned titles.

+ Wingman_SRK on March 28th, 2016 at 2:22 am said:

I always love The Show. Best sports game franchise going.

+ Vagrant-VX on March 28th, 2016 at 2:26 am said:

Ps4 Classic Wish List:
Grand theft auto Liberty City Stories
Grand theft auto Vice city Stories
Freedom Fighters

+ Vagrant-VX on March 28th, 2016 at 2:27 am said:

PS2 *

+ IXxHIJACKERxXI on March 28th, 2016 at 2:54 am said:

::Attack on Titan:: When is it coming to the psn store ?

+ IXxHIJACKERxXI on March 28th, 2016 at 3:03 am said:

This week drop look’s sad :(

+ Daku-Naito on March 28th, 2016 at 3:25 am said:

Can you guys tell me if persona and shin megmi tensei for ps2 is comin gfor the ps4 ps2 classics catalog im eager to have them on ps4!!!!

+ DarkMasenko on March 28th, 2016 at 10:33 am said:

I would love to see the series of Persona games released on PS4 leading up to Persona 5’s release. Maybe release each main series title one month at a time?

+ TheHerbinator75 on March 28th, 2016 at 3:37 am said:

I am very interested in Chronicles of Teddy: Harmony of Exidus this week.

Also, you all do realize that Ryan never reads your suggestions and that he has no apparent pull or power within Sony. His job seems to only entail posting The Drop each week and occasionally participating in a weekly video blog.

+ lerodemmy on March 28th, 2016 at 5:45 am said:

When will we be able to download RE6?

+ lerodemmy on March 28th, 2016 at 5:46 am said:

The reason I ask is because Xbox One allows for pre-download of RE6, and I was really hoping for that option on PS4.

+ OniBaku51 on March 28th, 2016 at 6:25 am said:

PS2 Wish List: Silent hill (all), Musashi samurai legend, Dragon Quest VIII.

+ BrianMcGuinness on March 28th, 2016 at 6:29 am said:

“Piecefall” sounds like a weird translation of “Tetris”.

+ PanTheMan16 on March 28th, 2016 at 6:03 pm said:

That’s exactly what it is.

+ RoxStar78 on March 28th, 2016 at 8:40 am said:

Just a thought on what I would love to see happen.. Timesplitters, Manhunt, and The Suffering remakes.. all awesome and would totally be worth doing. A re-vamp of Darkwatch would be awesome as well :) As far as this lineup I’m afraid there’s just not much for me here.

+ Mecha_Sonic_75 on March 28th, 2016 at 9:21 am said:

I’m all supportive for a Timesplitters Remake happening!

+ Mando44646 on March 28th, 2016 at 10:05 am said:

Sid Meier’s Civilization Revolution 2 Plus! Hell yeah!

But would it kill you people to give us more than a day’s notice of Vita releases? I know, that takes a *bit* of effort on Sony’s part and they actively try to ignore Vita

+ DarkMasenko on March 28th, 2016 at 10:29 am said:

Itching to get my paws on Resident Evil 6.

+ CheroPawfree on March 29th, 2016 at 6:57 am said:

WHEN IS RESIDENT EVIL 6 HD coming to put on the PSN Store?? Xbox put their version of it up at 1 AM and Sony has yet to put theirs up I want to buy the game not do the freaking renters edition for ps now. Anyone have any info on this?

PAGE 1 2