Paragon

Mar 31

Mar 31

Street Fighter Brings Pro Competitor and Game Creator Together

Yoshinori Ono's Avatar Posted by Producer, Capcom

Hi PlayStation.Blog! This is Yoshinori Ono from Capcom. It’s been a busy month with the launch of Street Fighter V and the start of the 2016 Capcom Pro Tour season. A game without a community is a game that won’t last, and I’m always proud to tell people that Street Fighter has one of the most passionate communities out there. As a game creator, what we ultimately want is to see fans have a blast and enjoy the product that we pour our hearts and souls into.

I was very happy to be able to participate in the Makers & Gamers: Street Fighter documentary and feel it truly shows how the love for Street Fighter can bring together people from all different backgrounds around the world.

The director, Lucy Walker, demonstrated the pedigree she earned from working on other acclaimed documentaries, such as The Crash Reel and Waste Land, and has done a superb job of telling my story as a game creator, as well as Snake Eyez as a game player. Snake Eyez has an amazing story and his journey to overcome all the odds against him is truly inspiring.

As long as Street Fighter exists I look forward to seeing our community grow! Rise Up!

Add Your Own

MapleStory said:

March 31st, 10:12 am

I wish Hideki Okugawa was still around, composing for Street Fighter.

Anyway, I love Street Fighter V. Keep up the great work, don’t let all the negativity surrounding the game prevent the game from building into something even greater.

gohan16ken said:

March 31st, 10:22 am

Hey Yoshinori Ono

Please bring SF2, SF2 T, SF2 HY, SF2 CE, SF2 SCE, SSF2, and Hyper SF2 to PSN. Also, if possible, see if SNK can bring SvC: Choas to PSN too. SF3 NG, SF3 2nd Impact, Hyper SFA, and CvS, would be a plus too. I do not need online play, upgrade graphics, or trophies.

I am trying to buy all the SF games digitally.

KazeEternal said:

March 31st, 10:37 am

Ya? Maybe Sony can help creator, marketting, and players come together in an understanding of how NOT to distribute Fight money. WTF is this a mobile game? It’s going to take me forever to build up the fight money for characters as they become available. If I have to power through 2000 multiplayer battles just to get a new character then I think I’m done with this game. 60 dollars should have locked me in for being able to earn those characters on my own. I feel like my community trust in Capcom and Sony has been misplaced. I’ll play this game for years, I don’t need you guys taking a hot iron to me just to mark my time each week.

Also WTF is up with color unlocks? Per costume? Are you insane?! Then I have to blow fight money on that too? What idiot thought this was a good idea? Please make this person play this game and unlock everything without paying for the season pass or anything like that. Ship me a half assembled game then put me through this. Story mode costume unlocks too? COME ON! Do I really have to say “Back in my day” here?

Quit Killing your game!

Skrawney said:

March 31st, 11:08 am

This is why I am going to pass on this game. I will just load up capcom vs snk : millennium fight 2000 and probably have everything unlocked before KazeEternal gets 2 costumes unlocked. Which will leave me time to have fun with the game rather than just grinding and grinding. I have an FF14 to play if i want to grind away at stuff. Other companies need to take note from capcom, this is how you loose a fan.

jayichigo said:

March 31st, 12:28 pm

Word

FarmFreshEggBoy said:

March 31st, 10:07 pm

The story bits and survival mode will get you well on your way to being able to buy new characters or outfits with fight money. Playing through each characters story bit and easy survival should get you 3000,000 fight money. There are also the demonstrations and trials to earn even more.

There are supposed to be daily challenges and extra battle mode to earn fight money, so you don’t have to play a ridiculous number of online matches to buy new characters as they come out. Of course these still aren’t in the game, so we’ll see what actually happens..

here are a couple of links on them:

Kira665 said:

March 31st, 11:04 pm

Have you actually played the game, or are you just talking out of your ass? Cuz it definitely seems like the second one.

Fight money is stupidly easy to attain in game. Doing ONE character story gives you about 1k in fight money. The fights are stupidly easy & literally only take 2mins per each character. Survival easy gives 3k, normal gives 5k, challenges 10k, & not to mention that you always get money every single time you level up any individual character!!!

In literally 1hr, you can have more than enough to buy almost anything in the store. Also, character colors can be bought through the store, but they are bonus colors. All colors are unlocked via survival.

Yeah, I admit that Capcom shipped a half finished game at launch, & that irritates me a lot too. But don’t bash it on its one massively redeeming feature, the ability to get all DLC (characters, costumes, stages, etc) for free by just playing. If you would rather go the SF4 route, be my guest. There’s a season pass for people that don’t wanna bother playing the game to unlock stuff similar to “back in the day.”

Do your research before you spread false rumors, cuz you got a lot of info wrong in your comment, brah.

Kira665 said:

March 31st, 11:04 pm

rafael_martines said:

March 31st, 11:24 am

Ono-san plz don’t forget to include Ingrid in Street Fighter V on Season 2/Next Year

Plz
Plz
Plz

KwietStorm said:

March 31st, 11:37 am

Akuma in Tekken 7. No Akuma in SFV. How?

bramar580 said:

March 31st, 11:54 am

MY NAME BRAULIO BUY STREET FIGHTER 5 GOOD GAMES FUTURE COMING SUPER STREET FIGHTER 5 ULTRA STREET FIGHTER 5 PLAYSTATION 4 STREET FIGHTER 5 GOOD GAMES FOREVER SONY BUY CAPCOM COMING MORE STREET FIGHTER GAMES PLAYSTATION 5 2018

bramar580 said:

March 31st, 6:21 pm

CAPCOM OPENED BY SHAREHOLDERS TO POSSIBLE TAKEOVER SONY COMING SUPER STREET FIGHTER 5 PS4 PS VITA 2017 STREET FIGHTER 5 THEME PS4

JumpMan33 said:

March 31st, 1:25 pm

Cool video, but I think it would have been better to show something like this a month ago closer to the release of the game.

LUCIFERSGLEAM said:

March 31st, 3:08 pm

Empty shell of a game. Pay us 60 bucks now and we swear the game will be finished as we go. No thanks, this game has been a flop. 7th place entry in the US charts, sold worse than MKX on the Xbox 1 in the UK for first week, and poor Japanese performance. Thank you Ono-san for warning consumers that the game is coming out incomplete.

Hakumen__ said:

March 31st, 11:24 pm

Not interested on SFV, but still hoping for a new (not a rehash of older games) Darkstalkers or Rival Schools.

Being quite honest, I would have much preferred to have Dead Rising 3 on PS4 than SFV.

On a different note, any chance we will ever see another Demon’s Crest or Breath of Fire?

KazeEternal said:

April 1st, 11:10 am

After Street Fighter V, you might want to consider hoping that Capcom gets bought out first. It’s a great game that locks part of the fun behind a pay way or digital internment.

thekobal said:

April 1st, 6:23 am

Hi, dear Yoshinori Ono-San. We are many who love Street Fighter, as you should already know.

I have trouble understanding people working taking decisions of marketing, perhaps because I do not work on that, but I can not believe that when the current standard in fighting games are at least 40 characters, displayed this game with just 16 characters.

On the other hand, we all know that it is an incomplete game, which makes it very expensive for what it brings. Today you can update anything in the game via internet, except the initial disappointment. The bad reviews in the specialized media? That can not be updated with DLC.

Recently they leaked a few costumes, some very poorly designed (That horrible Ken oh my).

The Fight Money on the other hand … You should change its value, so people can buy the content playing, at least somewhat.
I splurged 200k Fight Money in just five suits (That I earned from the story mode). It does not seem absurd ?? And those drawings… Uffff…

Please care for your fans and attract new fighters to try this game. I’ll tell you how to do it: Do things properly please. It saddens me to see what you had done to this beloved game.