Horizon Zero Dawn

Apr 05

Apr 05

PlayStation 3.50 System Software Update Out Tomorrow

John Koller's Avatar Posted by Vice President, PlayStation Brand Marketing, SIEA

Our next major system software update for PS4, version 3.50 (codenamed MUSASHI), is out tomorrow!

While we outlined some of the features last month before our beta program started, we wanted to give a more detailed look at the update and share some new info. We’re making it easier to play together with friends, adding the ability to appear offline, and more.

New Social Features

Appear Offline

PS4 System Software 3.50 - Appear Offline

On your Profile tab, we’ve added a new option called ‘Online Status.’ From here, you can choose to ‘Appear Offline.’ This could be useful if you want to play games or watch movies without your friends knowing you’re online. You can designate if you would like to appear offline when you log-in or at any time from your Profile, or by holding down the PS Button on DualShock 4 to bring up the Quick Menu.

Friend Online Notification

PS4 System Software 3.50 - Friend Online Notification

Now you can choose to get notified when your friends come online. To receive notifications, select a player on your friends list, press Options, and select ‘Notify When Online.’

User Scheduled Event

PS4 System Software 3.50 - User Scheduled Event

PS4 System Software 3.50 - User Scheduled EventPS4 System Software 3.50 - User Scheduled Event

On the Events tab, we’re adding the ability to schedule gameplay sessions with your friends. Just select ‘Create Event,’ and you’ll be able to make an invitation for an upcoming gameplay session. Choose the day, time, game, and send it off to your friends. When your event starts, users who registered will automatically be added to a party so you can start playing right away.

You can also share an event to a group, or a community that you’re a member of. Once shared, the event will be sent as a message, or posted to a community wall, and members can register from there

Play Together

PS4 System Software 3.50 - Play TogetherPS4 System Software 3.50 - Play Together

This feature allows all members of a Party to see what each person is playing so that you can easily join a friend’s game, or start a new game together.

Other New System Features

Remote Play (PC/Mac)

PS4 System Software 3.50 - Remote Play PC

With this update, we’re expanding PS4’s Remote Play capabilities to work with Windows PC and Mac.
Remote Play on PC / Mac is compatible with the following system software:

• Windows 8.1
  • Windows 10 or later
  • OS X 10.10
  • OS X 10.11

You’ll be able to select from the following resolution and frame rate options, depending on your Internet bandwidth.

• Resolution options: 360p, 540p, 720p (Default: 540p)
  • Frame rate : Standard (30fps), High (60fps) (Default: Standard)

You can use one DualShock 4 as the controller for Remote Play, which needs to be connected to your PC / Mac via a USB cable.

Along with PS4’s 3.50 system software update, PlayStation App version 3.50 is out tomorrow as well. The main new features of this update are as follows:

• User Scheduled Event
    • Users can schedule gameplay sessions with friends
  • Dailymotion has been added to Live from PlayStation
  • Other players’ shared activities appear in your activities

That’s a look at some of the big additions in this update. Of course, there are lots of other refinements and improvements to the system software overall.

Let us know what you think in the comments. As always, we’re listening and appreciate the feedback!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 11

Captain-Sam-B said:

April 5th, 4:02 am

Awesome :)

Four_Emperor said:

April 5th, 6:00 am

Well Remote Play is awesome news :D

Cromica81 said:

April 5th, 6:26 am

Really? Pc remote play without the option to remap to keyboard and mouse…. pointless.

DarkAndTall said:

April 5th, 6:36 am

@Cromica81: Really? That’s your complaint, that a system that doesn’t support mouse and keyboard still doesn’t support mouse and keyboard?

If I offered to give you $1,000,000 for free, no catches, you’d complain that it isn’t $1,000,001. Whiny brat.

kiniek said:

April 5th, 6:58 am

@Cromica81: Yes, really. Playing PS4 games on keyboard and mouse is pointless. Really. You have DS4 to do that.

AJ_THE_PATS_FAN said:

April 5th, 6:59 am

It’s a logical viewpoint. I don’t see what your problem is with his comment. I myself think it’s a needed feature to extend the power of remote play. Don’t be so close minded. Also, no one would complain about a free million dollars.

BUDDY-VA said:

April 5th, 7:29 am

Remote Play on PC is huge for me! Thanks so much!!!!

Masalajam said:

April 5th, 7:57 am

When will remote play come to the PS3. I and many friends have a PS3 that we would love the remote play capability

RAOH92 said:

April 5th, 8:12 am

Any chance of Windows 7 support coming later? It’s statistically still the most used OS by a wide margin. I considered upgrading, but being a Vista PC originally, it might be pushing it. Looking forward to the other features though.

XxSolidsnakexX said:

April 5th, 8:22 am

What about remote play for Android (Non Sony) and iOS smartphones?

FNCRO said:

April 5th, 8:46 am

So you want to be able to play PS4 with Keyboard/Mouse? go buy a PC, this support should never be available, KB/M would have an advantage in all FPS games.

NEOMERCER said:

April 5th, 8:50 am

Masalajam If I could post that picture of JK Simmons throwing his head back while he dies of laughter I would. That has to be like the dumbest question. Seriously I know the blog says be nice and all of course I usually always try to do that here and outside of the blog anyways but oh my god that was one of the dumbest comments. I couldn’t even tell if it was sarcasm or not. Remote Play is on PS3 it was a feature for PSP. But hardly any games worked with it except specific games like God of War. And it even says you can use it via internet if your not near your PS3 like the PS4 can but that’s a damn lie cause I’ve tried and it does work at all. It doesn’t even turn my PS3 on. And they are not going to backtrack just add the type of remote play that you can get on PS4. That’s what they have PSNOW for which works great for me despite the dumb idea to not let a subscriber have access to all the games it currently supports.

NEOMERCER said:

April 5th, 8:56 am

Obviously I meant it doesn’t work. That was a typo. As for the comment about the mouse and keyboard just don’t bother with them guys. It’s obviously someone who plays on both PC and console so of course they’d want to get keyboard and mouse support for remote play on PC. But Sony probably won’t do it though because even though your games can be played on PC now it doesn’t mean that PlayStation is “going PC” so to speak. Anyway I’m still super excited for this. At least I will be if it works. Without an Ethernet pugged into my Xbox it’s streaming capability is garbage. Theres like no lag but it gets pixelated as hell.

still_token said:

April 5th, 9:23 am

Awesome update but where the heck is custom folders so we can organize or games..ps3 has it why not ps4?

Threshor said:

April 5th, 9:40 am

You have to manually select each friend u want to see come online?? Why no option to allow all??… and where the hell is cd support that was promised ages ago!!… and why no video chat option yet like ps3 has?? Simple things ps3 had should be all brought back on ps4

kingspudd09 said:

April 5th, 10:17 am

They should allow us to change our gamer tag thats all i want!

rgamal said:

April 5th, 10:34 am

Will it solve the bugs on the latest version I have not been able to login to PSN for days now

Bill_Zombie said:

April 5th, 11:07 am

@comica81… pointless? I live in a studio apt with my gf and have one TV and a PC. Letting her have the TV so I can game is a huge win.

vex123456789 said:

April 5th, 11:19 am

rgamal thats not a bug the servers are up that sounds like a account security issue u have u might wanna call customer service at 1 800 345 7669 and explain to them exactly whats going on as u shouldve done in the first this is a news information site not customer service u wont find help here

KingBlueSlims said:

April 5th, 11:40 am

RAOH92, On Steam, the most popular OS for gamers is Windows 10 ;) http://hexus.net/tech/news/software/91811-windows-10-ousts-windows-7-popular-steam-gamers/

Rhoa23 said:

April 5th, 11:43 am

Love the update, remote play expansion is awesome. But it would be great if my wife could watch Netflix while I play on remote play.

veryhoudini11 said:

April 5th, 11:46 am

Keyboard and mouse? You do realize that the ds has a touchpad right? It doesnt matter if not all games use it or not.

MechanicalGarden said:

April 5th, 12:00 pm

Neat! Thats exciting. Now if only I could use ANY of my third party bluetooth headsets I got for my ps3 that work but don’t on the ps4

qursdxx said:

April 5th, 12:22 pm

Remote play would come in handy. For some anyways hopefully its better than xbox one streaming. A lot of lag.

el_pillo24 said:

April 5th, 1:25 pm

Nice I was waiting for that update for friends online notification yess thank you psn

Warped said:

April 5th, 1:25 pm

You Guys do know PS4 supports mouse and keyboard right? beside it might work on remote play on my phone remote play works with the touch screen. but we will see. and even PS3 supports mouse and keyboard I use to play CS GO with a mouse and keyboard.

JayThe3K said:

April 5th, 2:29 pm

@people making and mouse comments. You’re stupid.

StoneToker said:

April 5th, 4:14 pm

Remote play sounds great! Looking foreword to it!

ZEM_2013 said:

April 5th, 4:14 pm

@cromic81 Ps4 does support keyboard and mouse. I play FF14 with a keyboard and mouse ON MY PS4. its the games that dont support it. So go tell the third party devs that dont add it to the games they make.

KryptoNightmare said:

April 5th, 4:36 pm

Appear offline is a great feature. Don’t really care about remote play as there are easy work arounds for that. Pretty solid update though. The appear offline is great

drd7of14 said:

April 5th, 5:09 pm

@ NEOMERCER

Wow…You clearly must be the one who’s not getting his point. The PS3 does not have Remote Play for PS4. That was what he was getting at…

Right now, these are the following devices that have official Remote Play for PS4

PSVITA
    PSTV
    Xperia Phones/Tablets
    PC/MAC
    (Android[Unofficial])

Adding PS3 to that list is not a terrible idea. The PS3 doesn’t actually have remote play, it is what is remotely played via a PSP or PSVITA with a very select amount of games supported. Pixeljunk Eden and Shadow of the Colossus are the only ones I can think of off hand. So no, this isn’t a dumb question, and it was quite rude of you to not re-read @ Masalajam’s comment before making assumptions. Try to understand what people are trying to say, cause it makes a lot of sense to have this support, especially for those whom have a PS3 setup.

It’s like the reverse of the Xbox One through Xbox 360 HDMI output system. Being able to access PS4 through PS3 is a great idea of which I myself have thought about. Or better yet, accessing PS3 through the PS4 interface, a’ la local Playstation NOW. This makes complete sense and is 10 steps closer to a full integration of the Playstation family ecosystem.

jmat601to832 said:

April 5th, 5:14 pm

Dumb question but do I need to be on the same network for remote play or can I have access to my ps4 while I’m at another location ?

juniorKILLER17 said:

April 5th, 6:01 pm

I’m loving it, hopefully in the next future update we will have webcam chat, and folder organizing for games

lilgea33 said:

April 5th, 6:42 pm

Wow. Unbelievable. Very excited thank you. Is this limited to only people who sogned up or something though? I teread that somewhere, im hoping i can get it tomorrow and know what to do!!

db_false said:

April 5th, 7:52 pm

Minimum specs required for computer?

XLiLjOkErX8X said:

April 5th, 8:55 pm

Can we play with other counsel s like Xbox Wii etc? Is it possible? Just a thought

RustyBlade29 said:

April 5th, 10:22 pm

I’ve been waiting for the notification thing where it let’s you know when a friend is online.

M-ManLA said:

April 5th, 11:18 pm

Can we get a Windows Universal PlayStation App please!

fatGamer85 said:

April 5th, 11:43 pm

No Love for Linux?

DeezNutz3832 said:

April 6th, 1:44 am

Not sure why one ask about a mouse and keyboard functionality. It very clearly states that the controller will need to be plugged into the PC to play.
    Secondly, the Brand New Update hasn’t even been released for download but yet people all already complaining that it needs add-ons?! Go back to PC gaming if it’s that important. Obviously there’s a reason you already have a PS4 and you played w the DS4 all along. WTF?

We live in a society of spoiled little know it all turds. Makes me glad that u was born in an era where parents didn’t allow their kids to act that way.

Hitman720 said:

April 6th, 2:28 am

The remote play is a fantastic addition. The friend sign-on notification is honestly long overdue. Better late than never, though. Thanks.

DyLaN_089 said:

April 6th, 2:43 am

All sounds awesome! But would really like to be able to change PSN name…even if you can only do it once for a small fee

Frunobulax said:

April 6th, 2:44 am

One reason for not supporting mouse and keys on PC remote play is that it means multiplayer is not a level playing field any more.

Ireallylovekage said:

April 6th, 2:55 am

Hey sony and all who like ps4, why did you make ps4 so limited? I cant set a picture as my wallpaper da fug?? Ps3 had it guys plz step up we are in a time where u can speak to your ps4 why dont u make a setting to get that damm wallpaper. If you what to make money on themes i must say they are ugly even my new devision theme is sad face wtf ps3 is better ?

KotoisM said:

April 6th, 3:24 am

Is there any way you guys can make it where in remote play for the psvita have the function where you xan change the touch screen layout because sometimes I dont like to touch the upper left corner with my left index finger it feels weird

Es-DinoLocz-sJ said:

April 6th, 3:49 am

After the update I can’t use my headphones for party chat anymore, I can hear all audio, but no one can hear me. I’ve been using the same apple headphones for a while already. And after the update it stopped..

I_R_SCRUBZ said:

April 6th, 3:57 am

@DarkandTall Actually, the ps4 DOES support keyboard and mouse, I use them for FFXIV

VT-Spike said:

April 6th, 6:24 am

The option for a PSN ID change? We can do it. You have the technology.

Blaqstar23 said:

April 6th, 6:42 am

+ XxSolidsnakexX remote play for android has been out. i had it for my Samsung galaxy s4. about 3 years ago. you just had to root your phone to download the remote play app. IOS devices I’m sure you had to jailbreak it, as long as there is an existing app. just thought i should mention that

jakwad15 said:

April 6th, 7:01 am

Let ussss change our gamer tagsssss

Emexrulsier said:

April 6th, 7:26 am

What I would like to see them do is add remote play to the android market. I know they don’t want to do as many devices don’t work with the ps4 pad but it works fine on other devices. I have remote play install on both My Galaxy phone and Nvidia shield and it works fine on them both. I either use a 360 pad or my shield pad.

balln_like_curry said:

April 6th, 7:41 am

i cant wait until the new update

Yelp101 said:

April 6th, 8:46 am

Ps4 what a load of chap, games are excellent, but this whole online update is just so old an rubbish, I’m sick of regular updates, sick can’t play games from disc without huge updates, takes days even over decent Internet, worst of all you guys new all about this and pushed out a tiny 500GB HD , then had the cheek to offer a 1TB HD and that still won’t hold more than 20 games, jeez Sony get a grip on your situation, sort it out, I got like 60 games an growing, why the he’ll should I spend loads to upgrade my HD just to play games from disc I paid retail price on? And your online shop sucks, at least offer downloaded games at 30% discount, but no, you guys are really sucking alot in many departments where you should be excelling. SONY GET A GRIP, UNDERSTAND WE JUST WANT TO PLAY GAMES INSTANTLY!!!

x-X-SelF-X-x said:

April 6th, 9:15 am

I still don’t see added Bluetooth headset support. The offline feature is great, but you guys promised an update for Bluetooth and have yet to deliver. Seriously, add Blutooth support, stop stalling, we all know it’s a software block to encourage us to buy your new PS4 accessories.

MakaiOokami said:

April 6th, 9:47 am

1. Why not allow people to map controls to Mouse and Keyboard? Then people like you will complain that driving games that use the pressure sensitivity on the Triggers are broken, and that games like Infamous Second Son that use Motion Controls are broken, and that the way the track pad works doesn’t function correctly… FFXIV supports Keyboard and Mouse on the PS4. Maybe that will work?

2. It would create an unfair advantage in many games that don’t have problems with 1.

3. Remote Play isn’t coming to the PS3 most likely. The hardware is old, and the system is on it’s last legs. This year the PS3 will be 10 years old, you need to accept that eventually the PS3 is on its way out.

4. Windows 10 uses less resources than Windows 7, you can most likely upgrade, just create a good backup before you do. Plenty of free options. The app is probably using code databases that only exist in 8.1 and 10 otherwise it would work on 7 already.

5. PS Now doesn’t give you the FULL catalogue, because, they have to do deals. Not every company wants their games to be played for almost nothing.

ARTJUNK1ES said:

April 6th, 11:28 am

YESH! REMOTE PLAY ON MEH PC!

Varacka said:

April 6th, 11:32 am

Wow. So no mouse and keyboard support? Guess I’ll stick to using my XIM. Here I was looking forward to more native level support but one could dream.

ItsAzazel1997 said:

April 6th, 11:48 am

Finally, the offline option is now here. Been waiting for it since 2013. Can you guys believe it?

ItsAzazel1997 said:

April 6th, 11:50 am

Where is the option to CHANGE gamertags?

blackyharry23 said:

April 6th, 12:43 pm

When I’m playing on my pc I cant use my mic to talk to my friends? what is that about or how do I fix that problem?

dioboi2013 said:

April 6th, 4:10 pm

Will this fix error ce-34878-0 ?

xChrome-_-Bullet said:

April 6th, 4:55 pm

WHY CAN I NOT USE MY BEATS OR APPLE HEADPHONES ANYMORE!!! Everything was fine, why?!!!!

SimpleChoices said:

April 6th, 5:04 pm

This is fantastic!! I would enjoy playing with a key board but it isn’t taking anything away from playing Destiny in bed. Goodbye evenings:)

KEITHAKASWAGG said:

April 6th, 5:35 pm

THIS ****ED UP MY HEADPHONES NOW I CANT EVEN TALK IN THE PARTY THIS DUMB UPDATE WAS TERRIBLE

TDR0721 said:

April 6th, 6:37 pm

+Cromica81
    Well… it`s remote play, if you want to play ps4 games on pc (which you now can) with mouse and keyboard just download an emulator!!!!

THEACE939 said:

April 6th, 7:50 pm

Hey I can’t speak in party’s or game chat like it shows I have a mic but doesn’t show I’m talking anyone know how to fix this?

REDDZ-REIGN69 said:

April 6th, 8:14 pm

My head phones aren’t working in the party and the same thing is happening to my friend, are we the only ones or is anyone else having this problem

Kennabi said:

April 7th, 12:31 am

It’s useful, because now even you go oversea, just get DS4 and Laptop on your back and enjoy game with your friends anywhere on this earth (with Internet )

K1113R_S1ASH said:

April 7th, 10:57 am

With the remote play feature is it possible that ps4 or even next gen PlayStation is going to be the new beginning of cross platforms? Looking forward to the remote play.

K1nG5pADe_213 said:

April 7th, 8:37 pm

Only thing I don’t like is this update prevents the Dualshock 4 from being able to use a third party mic. I have Bose headphones with a mic that worked just fine up until this update. That was a great feature about the PlayStation controllers that I hope they decide to bring back. Gaming with Bose headphones was amazing

SDPNoY_JJo5 said:

April 7th, 11:41 pm

Right?? PSN change. Really PS? Don’t you guys want to make more money? Let us change are PSN.. Just saying

Hypeman504 said:

April 8th, 7:40 am

I would love to remote play from my phone. Sony can you make that happen?

JM_1977 said:

April 8th, 4:10 pm

Hi. I’ve updated the system today and now the microphone on my headphones no longer works with my ps4. Before no problems and now not a chance. I’ve paid £300 for my headphones and have been enjoying using them for months now and communication with fellow players was absolutely fine. To go back now to a single ear piece is just soul destroying. Can hear fine through the phones but cannot talk through the microphone at all. Very disappointing seeing as how I’ve spent lots of money.

CommandingTiger said:

April 11th, 11:00 am

For the next update. Can we get Disc in between PS Store and What’s New.
    When I put a disc in the PS4. It doesn’t go directly on the game. I have to find it in my library.
    It would be good to have 2 options. Disc in between PS Store and What’s New, the other option would be automatic read of the disc and go directly to the game.

altair924 said:

April 15th, 4:59 pm

Hola muy bien de lo mejor siempre como hago para jugar desde mi pc portátil

bad-driver101 said:

April 29th, 1:29 am

I don’t understand how so many people think that they need to reply to what someone has said. Reading blogs is like having to sit in a class room with some dumb *** that you want to kick the crap out of. Get over yourself!

xDarkSlayer224x said:

April 5th, 4:05 am

Will you be able to speak in party chat while using PC Remote Play?

tigerpga said:

April 5th, 4:12 am

I would say yes because you can on vita remote play

meermikey said:

April 5th, 5:16 am

But you couldn’t with pstv so don’t count on being able to chat

LIL-B2101 said:

April 5th, 5:22 am

I’d say yes since youre actually using the PS4 contoller

TannerScott said:

April 5th, 6:04 am

Probably won’t be able to chat actually :( You can’t chat while using the mobile version of remote play. This is because when using remote play, you are just streaming the video output from the PS4 through the internet.

TKC-Muzzer said:

April 5th, 6:18 am

TKC-Muzzer said:

April 5th, 6:19 am

Can’t see why not, your only streaming an image, the PS4 is technically the same as if you were using it normally. I’ve been in a party whilst streaming to vita.

DeltaDamage said:

April 7th, 1:34 pm

I haven’t been able to get it to work through PC remote play =/ PLEASE SONY MAKE THIS HAPPEN

DaPinz said:

April 5th, 4:05 am

Folders and video chat in the fall please.

executioner1228 said:

April 5th, 6:25 am

What do folders allow us to do?

ICE_KOLD_KILLA92 said:

April 5th, 6:30 am

Yes! I need this! PLEASE!

TrueLink00 said:

April 5th, 8:47 am

@executioner1228 Folders would allow us to organize our libraries. They are useful for people who like to revisit games or shelve games for a later time.

StuTX said:

April 5th, 3:45 pm

I agree with the folders (or other game organizing feature). It’s a bit annoying that the media player, vue, share factory, & music/spodify are constantly being “pushed” to the front when I don’t even use them…

iNoxious said:

April 6th, 12:01 am

YES! I second the Folder Option or at least the ability to hide things. I mean come on, …it cant be that hard to implement? Also Why is Windows 7 not ok for Remote Play on PC, …it doesn’t make sense?

NickAMK said:

April 5th, 4:08 am

Nice!
But what about folders?) We NEED them badly.

TKC-Muzzer said:

April 5th, 6:15 am

Please don’t use the word we, I don’t care for folders.

executioner1228 said:

April 5th, 6:24 am

What do folders allow us to do?

Gerhard92 said:

April 5th, 6:54 am

Folders would be amazing!! Lots of games in the library that i want to organize.

Xbox1_Sign_Out said:

April 5th, 4:09 am

Still can’t change your PSN Id huh?

tigerpga said:

April 5th, 4:12 am

Please Shu let us change our names

Seluhir said:

April 5th, 5:03 am

To be fair, they’ve always said they have no intent of doing this. So…

TheHappyGamer197 said:

April 5th, 5:22 am

Still can’t download as fast as psn huh

AJ_THE_PATS_FAN said:

April 5th, 6:55 am

It needs to happen. The fact that it hasn’t yet is absurd, especially when the other gaming platforms like Steam and XBOX have the feature.

Vkidgamer said:

April 5th, 7:20 am

They’ve said multiple times they aren’t working on that. The way the Playstation network is coded your PSNID is rooted into everything related to you. To change your id would require ALL of the code be changed as well. Which is extensive…..and expensive.

veryhoudini11 said:

April 5th, 2:18 pm

My favorite part of these requests is seeing the silly or dumb names people have that are asking for it. They are only asking because they shot themself in the foot. I believe I saw one that was like kingpoop69.. haha. I think hey are way more important features that need to be implemented and really psn name chamge is probably last on that list.

RESISTANCE9999 said:

April 5th, 5:52 pm

Vkidgamer would there be a cheaper easier way to just implement a sort of nickname type system. Not changing our actual gamer tag, but kinda like the real name thing, where we can have another name show up in matches and stuff. If that makes sense.

MakaiOokami said:

April 6th, 10:16 am

RESISTANCE9999 Until they do that and then they end up having some horrible glitch involved with adding that feature, that screws up the entire network, and then everyone comes here and gets upset, and all the people who didn’t care are upset, and all the people who changed their PSN to something else get upset, and all the trolls laugh and revel in it because now no one knows who they are anymore.

MegaFighter20 said:

April 7th, 1:53 am

I thought they said a while back that they would do that in the 4.0 update???

Lu-Cipha said:

April 5th, 4:10 am

Definitely need folders. Good update though.

ZxMrRobotoxZ said:

April 5th, 4:11 am

Is the remote play LOCAL only? or can it be done from any internet connection?

tigerpga said:

April 5th, 4:13 am

I would say it can since vita can be played elsewhere just the local will have a lower latency

SporkimusPrime said:

April 5th, 5:20 am

You would have to do some port forwarding on your router–and know what your external IP is (provided they don’t have a Remote option). Since it is remote play, I think it will let us. :)

NEOMERCER said:

April 5th, 9:00 am

They said it had to be local. Which is what I was really disappointed with when I first heard about this. The Xbox Ones streaming is local too but I’m still going to try and take my laptop somewhere and see if I ca access it by know my homes IP address. I would hope that I’m wrong and they end up allowing the PC to stream from anywhere I mean it would only make sense but I remember reading or hearing that it would be domestic.

wolf0491 said:

April 5th, 11:52 am

I was able to remote play on my Xperia phone from other places but it did lag kinda bad using it like this

AgentPicka said:

April 6th, 10:18 pm

ive been playing around with this feature all day. from home its seemless with a strong connection. i also brought it to campus with me and it didn’t skip a beat. i played several games from NHL 16 and need for speed as well as the division and the app kept up very nicely. sony’s done a wonderful job with this new remote play.

asepirawan said:

April 5th, 4:11 am

Finally! Another uninteresting and unimportant lazy updates!

Black_Dynamite19 said:

April 5th, 4:33 am

“Lazy” ….right…

bladeslingerheli said:

April 5th, 5:48 am

Lazy, crazy! Remote play both local and wifi for PC/MAC is a great addition by itself. Thank you PS!! (of course no need at all for a Vita now…)

Krillinfan said:

April 5th, 6:41 am

Except to, y’know, play Vita games, PSone classics on the go…

Gamer-4-Life178 said:

April 5th, 7:40 am

Finally another uninteresting and uniportant comment.

armyinf227 said:

April 5th, 4:11 am

So, with remote play on the Mac, can I airplay that screen to my Apple TV? I know.. A bit ridiculous, but – it would be really useful in my house where we have multiple TVs w/Apple TVs…

tigerpga said:

April 5th, 4:14 am

I wouldn’t do that it would had a ton of latency from system to Mac then Mac to Apple TV

Insomnia999 said:

April 5th, 5:08 am

Yeah…. that would work, but there would probably be significant latency and be unenjoyable. PS4 -> Mac -> TV

At that point, just connect the PS4 to the different TV’s directly, run long HDMI cables or use a Playstation TV on each of the TV’s.

Quibs said:

April 5th, 5:24 am

You’d still need to attach the controller to the computer with a usb as well.

Yammoe said:

April 5th, 4:12 am

File not found. When click the link.

btw is window 7 not supported?

mh637099 said:

April 5th, 4:18 am

Not supported

Kolma528 said:

April 5th, 4:19 am

Bro… Literally next to the link

It won’t be a working link till the update is out.

Tropical_Stratos said:

April 5th, 4:19 am

“After the system software update launches, you’ll be able to download the Remote Play Installer here.”

The link will not work until the update launches.

MisterAxle said:

April 5th, 6:15 am

I’m surprised they didn’t have the foresight to at least put a placeholder on that page for the time being.

freaky_fry3000 said:

April 5th, 10:34 am

it says “After the system software update launches, you’ll be able to download the Remote Play Installer…”
    the update hasn’t been launched year…

SYN____13____SYN said:

April 5th, 2:30 pm

It will be available when the update comes out tomorrow.

airJordan_Xx said:

April 5th, 4:13 am

Playstation please read hi I would like to see how much Time I have played in games l play a lot of nhl 16 I play it to much so I would like to see how much I have played in it. Under game page put like you have 50 hrs in nhl 16 and would like to see how close I am o earning a trophy say you need to get 100 c4 kills to earn trophy you have 75/100 c4 kills to earn trophy

NEOMERCER said:

April 5th, 9:02 am

Does that game not tell you how many hours you’ve played? That’s crazy and sometimes save files will tell you for certain games.

AminM71 said:

April 5th, 4:13 am

it looks great but what about ps 4.5 is it real (the 4 k )

Kalloused said:

April 5th, 5:16 am

It’s confirmed. Will be out this Christmas. Kind of ****ed because my PS4 is only a year old. I really hope they do some kind of trade in option…..but I doubt they will.

MDScranton84 said:

April 5th, 8:27 am

If I’m not mistaken the only thing which will be provided in 4k resolution will be videos/blu-ray content. Gaming in 4k will still very much be in 1080p unless a massive secret update to hardware is released.

TrueLink00 said:

April 5th, 8:49 am

I wouldn’t expect any hardware revision announcements until closer to E3.

snowcrave said:

April 5th, 2:50 pm

first off in response to @Kalloused it is absolutely not confirmed at this point it is still just rumors. second there is a lot of misinformation being spread concerning this. all indications point to an upgraded motherboard and perhaps blu ray reader as the current ones dont have 4k video support. basically it will only have an impact if you already own a ridiculously overpriced 4k tv and if that is the case i would guess that the price of upgrading the system is probably the least of your worries.

Majulah said:

April 5th, 4:16 am

Will PS4 finally stop auto-ejecting disks with this update?????

sambrown6464 said:

April 5th, 4:22 am

Unfortunately, I think that’s a heat issue. My console is the “1.3 version”, the buttons are actual buttons and the entire top of the console is matte (with no shine on the left panel). The reason your discs keep ejecting, I’m guessing, is because the console gets hot and activates the touch sensitivity of the buttons.

necro_lich said:

April 5th, 4:50 am

I know a friend had this problem and found a fox on the net. There are several including a reboot instruction video from Sony.
    But I know my friend found this fixed his issue http://ps4daily.com/2015/01/ps4-randomly-ejecting-discs/

not sure if you have looked into these and if they didn’t help? Good luck if you have not tried them :)

lastcenturion-DW said:

April 5th, 4:52 am

Mine did this until I tightened the manual eject screw. Have you tried that?

burgerking204 said:

April 5th, 9:22 am

That has nothing to do with software. You must have the old PS4 with the capacitive eject and power button. They have a new PS4 the has physical buttons that do not auto eject. The new ones are also way quieter, more power efficient, and are all matte black instead of having the glossy black panel.

blindndangerous said:

April 5th, 4:17 am

Hope that this comes with more accessibility improvements. Getting really old to constantly hear text to speech unavailable here on so many things that could be have it done pretty quickly. Also yeah, folders would be real nice.

Pixorite said:

April 5th, 4:18 am

Looking forward to this update!

I don’t think my laptop will be able to handle remote play though ;)

ProfessorDJ said:

April 5th, 4:36 am

All you need is an internet connection. PS4 does all the work. Any computer can do this.

MDScranton84 said:

April 5th, 8:27 am

If you can run Remote Desktop or VNC, your computer has enough power to do remote play provided it has a decent network connection and USB port.

praveen_gp said:

April 5th, 4:20 am

Looks promising! :)

Antonymity said:

April 5th, 4:20 am

Hmm… is 720p the PS4’s native resolution? I have my PS4 hooked up to the same display that my computer is using, so I wonder if I’ll benefit at all from this?

ProfessorDJ said:

April 5th, 4:37 am

Native res is 1080.

Antonymity said:

April 5th, 4:50 am

@ProfessorDJ Hmm then yeah, if there’s no mouse/keyboard support, and the resolution can only go to 720p, I don’t see a reason for this.

Marine-Sgt_Blake said:

April 5th, 5:00 am

Yea, if you’re using your pc monitor for your ps4, remote isn’t really going to help you at all.

ProfessorDJ said:

April 5th, 5:13 am

If you prefer a better resolution I’d say wait. I hope they add 1080p remote play later.

fox_1047 said:

April 5th, 5:33 am

720p is maximum resolution that PS4’s video capture card can handle. So I believe that there will not be 1080p streaming and recording until new revision of PS4.

Antonymity said:

April 5th, 6:00 am

my big hope was keyboard+mouse availability, but with their words above detailing the requirement of a connected controller, i honestly don’t get the point.

MisterAxle said:

April 5th, 6:19 am

Ha, wow… so many people missing the point and purpose of REMOTE play…

XxSICKWITIT18xX said:

April 5th, 6:31 am

Do you have to be in your house to use remote play? If so, can someone please tell me the reason for this feature?

Antonymity said:

April 5th, 6:48 am

It might! Now that I think on it, I’ve played Bloodborne on my Vita via remote play from across town at work! OK so now I see a viable use for it. Now I can play PS4 games at work on my computer \:D/

TrueLink00 said:

April 5th, 8:52 am

@XxSICKWITIT18xX You do not have to be in your house. But to use it in other places you may need to add a hole or a port forwarding policy in your router’s firewall. It works best locally (in your house) but remote play still works very well over the internet as long as your PS4 and your remote device both have good connections.

Kev_Hero said:

April 5th, 4:20 am

These updates are actually amazing. Really good work guys, you’ve listened to us and provided. THANK YOU!

XxSICKWITIT18xX said:

April 5th, 6:30 am

Finally giving us features Xbox has had for years!

Ansity said:

April 5th, 7:40 am

@XxSICKWITIT18xX : Since when did xbox have remote play tho

veryhoudini11 said:

April 5th, 2:20 pm

@ansity haha

FaLLeN_717 said:

April 5th, 4:22 am

Strange that the unofficial Remote Play PC app works on Windows 7, but the official won’t.

iNoxious said:

April 6th, 12:17 am

UnOfficial Remote Play App? Where can I get that at? Does it Spoof my PC to look like a PS Vita? I’m wondering because this Windows 7 not supported is just bull$+*!

CardSlinger21 said:

April 5th, 4:23 am

Why not an ability to change tag names, or better yet: change our regions? Some of us Americans can’t enjoy any DLC because of this.

KazenoryuUS said:

April 7th, 3:21 am

The PS4 supports multiple accounts like the PS3, what I do is that I made an account for different regions.
    The only thing is that you have to play the game with the account that has the same region as the DLC, since the save files will be separate.

oPawnage said:

April 5th, 4:25 am

This fix the Share Video Clip that included party chat voice without live streaming?

BloodRageGaming said:

April 5th, 4:54 am

this would be great.. i have had so many moments i was not recording… and someone said something that would made the video clip so much better….

BuyMeDinnerF1rst said:

April 5th, 7:17 am

Change your settings in broadcast audio. You don’t have to be live streaming to have your voices in video clips. Just need to allow it. Or if course unallow if you don’t want any voices in video clips.

oPawnage said:

April 5th, 11:50 pm

Even change the setting in broadcast audio and try to record video clips. Your party member voice is not included but your voice is the only can detect. LOL Try and Tested so don’t tell me change setting. i already change everything. even my Party Member change everything. :D

ZeroZephfroz said:

April 6th, 10:48 am

You probably already tried but go to settings > Sharing and Broadcast > Broadcast settings > Advanced Settings > Audio Settings > Share Party Audio (“Video clips and broadcasts will include all audio from players in the party who allow their voices to be shared”)
    Hopefully this helped ya and anyone who was wondering the same thing out. Have a good one bud!

R1D5EY said:

April 5th, 4:26 am

Why no windows 7?? I ain’t changing to windows 8 or 10 not now not never.
Please bring availability to windows 7

BloodRageGaming said:

April 5th, 4:57 am

why not?? i could understand 8… but 10?? 10 was free upgrade.. and works better then 7… but if get new pc with 10 on it …. just wipe hd then re install….to get rid of blot ware

Marine-Sgt_Blake said:

April 5th, 5:02 am

Yea, Windows 10 is amazing from what I hear. My laptop wasn’t able to run in good, so that’s why I stuck with Windows 7.

Marine-Sgt_Blake said:

April 5th, 5:07 am

*run it good

Lionel_Redstar said:

April 5th, 5:27 am

Windows 7 is already End of mainstream support.
    Also it uses different base and libraries then 8/10.
    So why bother adding support for a OS that even the OS makers are no longer supporting it?

XxSICKWITIT18xX said:

April 5th, 6:28 am

Yeah man I was like you until this month. Didn’t want to upgrade because windows 8 sucked. Windows 10, though, is like what Windows 8 was supposed to be, an upgraded version of Windows 7. You’ll love it I promise, Windows 8 was the devil and I made mine work as Windows 7 with a bunch of 3rd party apps, but Windows 10 comes like Windows 7 so you don’t have to do that. You can always try it and go back if you don’t like it, but you sound like me and I am 99% sure you will enjoy it!

burnsdg said:

April 5th, 6:44 am

“Why no windows 7??”
    Why? Because it’s an OLD operating system. The VAST majority of PC’s that could run Win7 can run Win10. Sure there’s a few hiccups along the way (like me for example, I had to buy a Win10 supported sound card because the motherboard audio was never getting Win10 drivers), but Win10 has been “in the wild” over two years now it’s time to move on.

josh261995 said:

April 5th, 7:30 am

Upgrade to Win 10 while its free.

XETJSIN said:

April 5th, 8:53 am

Why no Windows 98?! Why no Windows XP?! wah waaah

punishr83 said:

April 7th, 2:28 am

Why won’t it work for Windows 98?

MirHamzaAli said:

April 5th, 4:27 am

AwESoMe

rezo360 said:

April 5th, 4:32 am

it would be awesome if i did not need to be connected to the internet and the playstation network to see current and new trophies. OFFLINE TROPHIES!

TGBGamerBeast said:

April 5th, 4:34 am

Sony please i wanna be able to manage my library like atleast put a feature to hide games like Demos and betas cz my library is a big one and full of demos and old betas like i know you can’t add a feature to delete these but atleast add a hide game feature and i know not only me who want that everyone does

XxSICKWITIT18xX said:

April 5th, 6:33 am

Is there a way to customize the main home screen like on Xbox? Move stuff around where you want it? So I could put all my games at the left/front of the list while share factory and settings and everything stay on the right? Seems easy I honestly don’t know why the new gen didn’t come with that ability

MyDeadSoul said:

April 28th, 8:57 am

I agree with you. It is embarrassing to see some of the demos you have tried. The ps3 was a better system as far as downloaded games went, Only you knew your secret shame.

calvinalx said:

April 5th, 4:35 am

Some UI improvements would be awesome!

SYN____13____SYN said:

April 5th, 2:34 pm

Yeah would be nice (remove unused icons, rearrange icons, etc).

Noctis_91 said:

April 5th, 4:35 am

Hi allow us to put are trophy list in alphabetical order on PS4

Mvrcus_MF said:

April 5th, 4:36 am

I really want the USB music player back so I can change my songs without having to suspend the game I’m playing. I wanted that feature back more than any of these new features.

chunterosa said:

April 5th, 6:05 am

I’m not sure what you’re using for music now, but you should just be able to hold in your ps button to get the music app control buttons on your screen without having to suspend.

the media player works for sure, the song is displayed and lets you pause or play by hitting x. you can skip songs with l1/r1

I believe spotify works pretty much the exact same way, but I don’t use it.

burgerking204 said:

April 5th, 9:36 am

If you are using spotify, you can also control it with you phone. Play, Pause, change the song, and maybe even volume.

Mvrcus_MF said:

April 5th, 6:12 pm

I’m aware of the music controls when you hold down the PS button but I have music that I play from a USB device with a ton of albums that I switch back and forth from. When you want to switch albums (or folders) you have to go to the media player and suspend your game. The USB music player that used to be on the PS4 was perfect (for me at least). I just don’t see why it needed to be removed.

LeonSora said:

April 6th, 3:22 pm

Apparently the USB Music Player is back. Check your library on your PS4 under the “U” section and you might see it.

tru_racer_yt420 said:

April 5th, 4:38 am

Fix the share Factory I’m tired of the commentary failing to save because it says there’s not enough memory Yet my PS4 has over 160 gigs free fix that

ChronosGaming said:

April 5th, 4:40 am

Please party more than just 8 people

ChronosGaming said:

April 5th, 4:41 am

sorry wrong section,try deleting upload notification usually it will work

MoonPowerMAKE_UP said:

April 5th, 4:42 am

Is there any visible latency on Remote Play while you using 720p + 60fps mode?

MoonPowerMAKE_UP said:

April 5th, 4:43 am

wrong quoting soz

BloodRageGaming said:

April 5th, 5:01 am

really i still have 340gb on my tb drive

burnsdg said:

April 5th, 6:46 am

“it says there’s not enough memory Yet my PS4 has over 160 gigs free fix that”
    Fix what? Fix it so people understand there’s a difference between memory and disk space?

luvanurse41 said:

April 6th, 12:59 am

@ChronosGaming You want to to hear 16 people talking at the same time?

rezo360 said:

April 5th, 4:39 am

why must everything be about social networks, i play games by myself or couch co op.
i would like to see my trophies without psn, folders to keep things organized, custom themes, two step verification. there are people here who are not social media centered.

chunterosa said:

April 5th, 6:06 am

You’re not their target demographic. Therefore, what you desire for your video game experience is of very little concern at the head corporate office.

groghall said:

April 5th, 4:40 am

Hey guys, just wanted to point out the link to the download for report play is dead.

File not found.”

Might wanna check it out

Cheers

groghall said:

April 5th, 4:41 am

remote not report stupid predictive messaging

ChronosGaming said:

April 5th, 4:41 am

coz the update is not out yet…

Hatsarefun12 said:

April 5th, 7:25 am

It says that when the update goes live the link will have the download.

SYN____13____SYN said:

April 5th, 2:38 pm

It will be available tomorrow when the firmware update is released.

ChronosGaming said:

April 5th, 4:40 am

Please party more than just 8 people

XxSICKWITIT18xX said:

April 5th, 6:37 am

YES PLEASE how hard could this be to do? This must have been an issue for years now right? Xbox has made their limit 12 since around the drop of the new gens, don’t let us fall behind! Upgrade the party chat as it should’ve been along with the new gen system please

ShawnBanks67 said:

April 5th, 4:42 am

PlayStation can y’all add share play to iOS devices I’m willing to pay $10 for that feature or app please add it one day I saw it with y’all phone and I was like that’s cool

BloodRageGaming said:

April 5th, 5:01 am

then get there phones then??

ProfessorDJ said:

April 5th, 5:22 am

I think you mean remote play. I’d agree but it’s on PC now so I don’t care anymore.

SpeedKiller92 said:

April 5th, 4:42 am

next up date remove demos, discover icon auto turn on ps4 at a set time cloud recording for people that wanna do lets plays

georgebissias said:

April 5th, 4:50 pm

Why remove demos? Demos are great! And besides you don’t HAVE to download them.

markjpwns said:

April 5th, 4:42 am

Hmmm….I wonder If I will be able to remote play to my Android then cast on to chromecast….that could be interesting

XxSICKWITIT18xX said:

April 5th, 6:39 am

That would be interesting! Loving your choice of devices lol. But what is the point of remote play? Can I play at work if I bring a controller? And if not and I need to be at home, why downgrade to 720p when our TVs are 1080p-4k?

Un3Solka said:

April 5th, 4:43 am

Can i play on PC, using mouse and keyboard?

AJ_THE_PATS_FAN said:

April 5th, 7:07 am

I don’t think so, lets keep our hopes up though.

GABEv01 said:

April 5th, 4:43 am

I think the New Social Features were needed. To me, they seem like, some of the regular and later added great PS3 features. Thats definitely a Plus guys!! I also see that this has made the Events and Community features allot more useful. Allot!!

MoonPowerMAKE_UP said:

April 5th, 4:45 am

Is there any visible latency on Remote Play while you using 720p + 60fps mode?

fox_1047 said:

April 5th, 5:40 am

I tried with custom remote play app for Android with ps4 connected to router by wire and there was a little barely noticeable lag. With both pc and ps4 connected by wire it can get even better.

necro_lich said:

April 5th, 4:47 am

Nice update, but I really hope in the next big system update we can finally see the use of external HDD for game installation (which was said to be coming a while ago from memory).
Swapping the internal drive when you already have several large USB 3.0 externals ready to go seems like such a waste.

SYN____13____SYN said:

April 5th, 2:45 pm

You can have a 6TB drive if you really want lots of place. Quick Google search found this: gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/69429669

MitchellStringer said:

April 5th, 4:47 am

Why Does Remote play quality depend on my internet bandwidth? does it not just run on my much faster internal LAN? or can be used outside of my home network?

PeeJay_01 said:

April 5th, 4:53 am

Your connection and quality is dependant on the slowest part of your connection. The higher the quality of the video the more packets of information have to be moved across the connection the slower the connection to the game. You have a situation move render the move then you can move again

MitchellStringer said:

April 5th, 5:03 am

I get that PeeJay, But my PS4 and PC are both hardwired to my router, the connection shouldn’t need to go over the internet

TreasureReserved said:

April 5th, 5:08 am

I am also wondering about this. Does remote play work on LAN? Some people have internet bandwidth caps to worry about.

ProfessorDJ said:

April 5th, 5:25 am

I don’t see why it wouldn’t work on LAN.

fox_1047 said:

April 5th, 5:43 am

On Android and Vita it can work on LAN so I think pc app will not be exception.

VeritableHero said:

April 5th, 4:49 am

Excited about remote play on my pc/laptop. Nice!

PaulKylymnyk said:

April 5th, 4:51 am

Folders, please.

PeeJay_01 said:

April 5th, 4:51 am

How big is the firmware update?

xX_IAmelia_xX said:

April 5th, 4:53 am

Please fix the Remote play download Link..

PeeJay_01 said:

April 5th, 4:54 am

Only goes live after update goes live

Endscrypt said:

April 5th, 7:28 am

Really’ Don’t you read will go live when the update is out.

Bazzakuda said:

April 5th, 10:40 am

it goes live when 3.50 comes out read the article for christ sake

lastcenturion-DW said:

April 5th, 4:53 am

How about the WatchESPN app? That would be nice.

MrTHarper said:

April 5th, 4:55 am

Do we know a release time?? I’m hoping i can update before work tomorrow. Also do we know if it’s released at the same time globally or by time zone? It’d be interesting to know so if you use a VPN you could potentially get it sooner

Aleph0101 said:

April 5th, 4:57 am

Will this update include a fix for the trophy problem on PS4? The problem is that sometimes trophies don’t pop for which you didn’t need to do more than completing a chapter in the game. After that no action from me could ever make the respective trophy pop. No syncing trophies, no replaying the game (with and without a new save file), no nothing. It seems that both the PS4 and the PSN “think” that my account was awarded said trophies already so they won’t ever pop again.

PLEASE FIX THIS IF 3.50 WON’T INCLUDE A FIX. It’s a big issue for me as I like to get as many trophies as possible within my capabilities as a gamer. I already refrain from touching my back log of games and don’t buy new ones for fear of this happening again.

To see what I mean feel free to browse my trophies for Diablo 3 RoS and AC Syndicate. It should be very obvious that there’s an error in your system.

Thanks!

Lionel_Redstar said:

April 5th, 5:33 am

Trophies not popping up are game bugs, not PSN. The game decide if a trophy should or should not pop and then it informs the PSN to register it.

TViper95 said:

April 5th, 11:38 am

The whole trophies not appearing are only in game problems something PSN has no control over, so you’re better off messaging the publishers of said game.

Insomnia999 said:

April 5th, 4:58 am

“which needs to be connected to your PC / Mac via a USB cable.”

Can you update it in the future, so we can just connect the DS4 to our PC / Mac through bluetooth(wireless)?

Windows 7 support?

Insomnia999 said:

April 5th, 5:12 am

Remote Play should come to Android and iOS (most useful).
    Then set top boxes, smart TV’s, etc.

Same for PS Now and Vue.

Lionel_Redstar said:

April 5th, 5:35 am

Remote play is already on for Android, but limited to Xperia devices, see https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.playstation.remoteplay (there are modified apk versions on the internet that works on any Android device)

Dnilox said:

April 6th, 7:07 pm

Yep, playing wired is not cool. Please make it wireless, otherwise someone else will :/

Nesstark88 said:

April 5th, 5:02 am

We need dts, DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD support for the Media Player App. WAV and FLAC support would also be useful. More detailed info on videos during playback when triangle is pressed, like realtime video bitrate, realtime audio bitrate, format, channels being processed ect…

Nesstark88 said:

April 5th, 5:07 am

P.S the PS3 supported AVCHD Folder structures this was very useful, the PS4 does not currently support it and it’s a major step backwards, I would like to see this capability added to the PS4.

ananda said:

April 5th, 7:35 am

Hahahaha! Don’t hold your breath on DTS-HD MA and Dolby TrueHD support. They still haven’t matched half the features of the PS3 on the PS4! You can play a lot more video formats on the PS3 than you can on the PS4.

raulromania said:

April 5th, 5:04 am

Please bring in Fall update
– UI folders
– offline trophy sync
– video chat
– (maybe one time?) username change

Insomnia999 said:

April 5th, 5:14 am

Video chat would be nice

ProfessorDJ said:

April 5th, 5:29 am

Trophies are on a server. Syncing offline is impossible.

PAGE 1 2 3 11