Paragon

Apr 19

Apr 19

PlayStation Store Offers Sale on Grand Theft Auto Series

Andy Yen's Avatar Posted by Digital Commerce Manager, SIEA

PlayStation Store delivers high-octane fun in the final week of the Franchise Sale series. Starting today and lasting through Monday, April 25, select Grand Theft Auto games and Fast & Furious movies are available for up to 60% off. PlayStation Plus members save up to an additional 10%.

Franchise Sale - GTA - PS Blog

Lose yourself in some of the most iconic gaming locales of the past fifteen years, including San Andreas, Liberty City and Vice City.

Games

Platform Title Plus Price Sale Price Original Price
PS4 Grand Theft Auto III $8.99 $10.49 $14.99
PS4 Grand Theft Auto V $38.99 $44.99 $59.99
PS4 Grand Theft Auto V & Great White Shark Cash Card Bundle $45.59 $53.19 $75.99
PS4 Grand Theft Auto V & Megalodon Shark Cash Card Bundle $67.99 $81.59 $135.99
PS4 Grand Theft Auto V & Whale Shark Card Bundle $54.44 $64.34 $98.99
PS4 Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas $8.99 $10.49 $14.99
PS4 Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy $17.49 $20.99 $34.99
PS4 Grand Theft Auto: Vice City $8.99 $10.49 $14.99
PS3 Grand Theft Auto 3 (PS2 Classic) $5.99 $6.99 $9.99
PS3 Grand Theft Auto Episodes From Liberty City $9.99 $11.99 $19.99
PS3 Grand Theft Auto IV $9.99 $11.99 $19.99
PS3 Grand Theft Auto IV: The Complete Edition $14.99 $17.99 $29.99
PS3 Grand Theft Auto V $25.79 $31.79 $59.99
PS3 Grand Theft Auto V & Great White Shark Cash Card Bundle $30.39 $37.99 $75.99
PS3 Grand Theft Auto V & Megalodon Shark Cash Card Bundle $48.95 $62.55 $135.99
PS3 Grand Theft Auto V & Whale Shark Cash Card Bundle $39.59 $49.49 $98.99
PS3 Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (PS2 Classic) $5.99 $6.99 $9.99
PS3 Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas $8.99 $10.49 $14.99
PS3 Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy N/A $11.99 $29.99
PS3 Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PS2 Classic) $5.99 $6.99 $9.99
PS3 Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories (PS2 Classic) $5.99 $6.99 $9.99
PS3 GTA Double Pack: Liberty City Stories & Vice City Stories N/A $9.59 $15.99
PSP Grand Theft Auto Chinatown Wars $9.99 $11.99 $19.99
PSP Grand Theft Auto PS Vita Collection $17.49 $20.99 $34.99
PSP Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories $9.99 $11.99 $19.99
PSP Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories $9.99 $11.99 $19.99

The Fast & Furious movie series thrills with its adrenaline-pumping action sequences. Don’t wait to snag these films – this sale* will be speeding off soon!

Movies

Title SD Sale Price SD Original Price HD Sale Price HD Original Price
2 Fast 2 Furious N/A N/A $8.99 12.99
Fast & Furious (2009) N/A N/A $8.99 $12.99
Fast & Furious 6 N/A N/A $8.99 $12.99
Fast & Furious 6 (Extended Version) N/A N/A $8.99 $12.99
Fast & Furious Collection $39.99 $59.99 $39.99 $59.99
Fast Five N/A N/A $8.99 $12.99
Fast Five (Extended Edition) N/A N/A $8.99 $12.99
Furious 7 N/A N/A $9.99 $12.99
Furious 7 (Extended Edition) N/A N/A $9.99 $14.99
The Fast and the Furious N/A N/A $8.99 $12.99
The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift N/A N/A $8.99 $12.99
*Fast & Furious movies discounted in the U.S. and Canadian English regions only. Paranormal Activity movies discounted in Canadian French regions only.

Add Your Own

NX_Nytrux said:

April 19th, 1:50 pm

Seriously? GTA Sales AGAIN? :-(

NX_Nytrux said:

April 19th, 1:56 pm

Sorry guys, but… no more deals this week? By the way, PS Store not available at this moment.

FeLiPe_MachiN3 said:

April 19th, 1:55 pm

PLEASE! stop these franchise sales! They suck! They’re horrible! We’re missing out on good flash sales!

Tosix4lif3 said:

April 19th, 1:56 pm

Didn’t we just have a GTA sale not too long ago?

NX_Nytrux said:

April 19th, 1:58 pm

I’m with you.
    @Sony: Stop this kind of sales.

Seluhir said:

April 19th, 2:22 pm

It’s amusing when people say things like this…

“Good” “Suck” etc. are all relative.

I’m sure there are people out there who are thrilled to have a GTA series sale. I’m not one of them, neither are you, but oh well. Not every sale can cater to everyone.

So they did a series of sales that didn’t interest you… it’s not the end of the world. And the next time they do a set of sales that cater to you, they probably won’t appeal to someone else. Either live with it or pay full price for some games for a change, support the developers.

Stop acting like you’re the center of the universe. Because you aren’t.

And before you make the whole ‘they made these boards because they want our feedback’, of course they do. But what you’re offering is hyperbole and idiocy, not feedback.

Feedback is when you provide an explanation of what you dislike and why.

Here, I’ll give you an example:

‘I am not terribly fond of these franchise sales because they’re too polarizing, either they offer everything you want or nothing you want. I prefer it when you offer a variety of titles from different publishers and genres so that there’s more likely to be something interesting for more people.

FeLiPe_MachiN3 said:

April 19th, 2:32 pm

A lot of people including myself are tired of seeing the same games popping up over and over again… We did have a GTA sale a few months ago. We have the right to complain

rudetoy said:

April 19th, 3:23 pm

Seluhir, a tutorial on HOW to complain? Get real.

Seluhir said:

April 20th, 4:50 am

Felipe… of course you have the right to complain. But choose your words carefully, because I guarantee you NOBODY at Sony will ever take a comment like “PLEASE! stop these franchise sales! They suck! They’re horrible!” seriously. There’s nothing actionable about it, it’s just whining, and they’ll treat it as such and just disregard it.

Ever.

So if you want to actually help improve matters, carefully enunciate why you dislike something, and make sure to keep it personal, not sensationalist. Avoid exaggerating and avoid speaking for others.

Learning how to give good feedback is a very important skill, one that is actually relevant in life longterm as well as just for silly forums.

BlueBl1zzard said:

April 20th, 6:42 am

@Felipe I believe they’re doing the franchise sales in conjunction with the Launch Party promotion.

@Seluhir I agree, some people seem to forget not everything will/is meant to appeal to them.

That said, I hope people realize sometimes Sony puts things on sale multiple times because not everyone is able to take advantage of it the first time around.

I’ve seen just as many requests from people asking for Sony to put certain games on sale again after they were on sale recently.

FeLiPe_MachiN3 said:

April 20th, 8:00 am

Seluhir, Sony doesn’t even care about their customers, look how Sony abandoned Vita miserably.. PS plus is a complete joke nowadays, most of people complains and Sony doesn’t even care.

So what’s the point in choosing my words carefully if Sony won’t even care at all? They never listen.

Learning how to give good feedback is a very important skill? LMAO, Mr Phd in feedback you’re the one exaggerating and trying to speak for other, have a look at all the comments, MOST of comments are about people complaining, so next time keep it personal and avoid SPEAKING FOR OTHERS.

Seluhir said:

April 20th, 8:33 am

If you’re confident Sony doesn’t care at all, why waste your time making a comment at all?

As for your comment about most of the comments being complaining… of course they are.

Here’s a simple reality for you: Happy people are quiet.

Very few people come to a forum or a messageboard to post that they’re happy. Why? Because they’re happy so they’re just goin’ about their daily business. For the most part, the vast majority of comments on a messageboard will ALWAYS be negative. Regardless.

The only exception to this is the announcement of things soon to be, but not yet, available. People go out of their way to make comments, positive or negative, about that… because it’s not available yet. But for something like sales… the people who are happy with the sales will, for the most part, go buy the game and then spend their time PLAYING it – not comment on the boards about how grateful they are of the sale.

I mostly only comment here during breaks at work when I have nothing better to do or in the mornings while getting ready…

xWrongEndx said:

April 22nd, 10:42 am

i think these sales are useless , I won’t ever buy a game from the store which i can get it for more less than this price .

BocaProwler said:

April 19th, 1:57 pm

Didn’t XBOX love have GTA V for the One for $30 very recently?

cecil322 said:

April 19th, 2:03 pm

Where’s arcade game series pac man ms. Pac man etc….

experiment62six said:

April 19th, 2:43 pm

They “release” tomorrow, 4/20

eljuamposo94 said:

April 19th, 2:03 pm

oh great ANOTHER gta sale… sames prices and all…

pinguino27 said:

April 19th, 2:03 pm

Seriously?! ANOTHER GTA sale? And these prices are horrible!! Where’s our Flash sale??

NX_Nytrux said:

April 19th, 2:06 pm

Wait for Friday, I guess.

XX-WARLORD18-XX said:

April 19th, 2:06 pm

Where’s the flash sale???

ShadowStar83x said:

April 19th, 2:16 pm

If it happens, won’t go live until Friday.

ShadowStar83x said:

April 19th, 2:15 pm

Another GTA sale? Boo!

Kaznasty- said:

April 19th, 2:19 pm

Flash sale? More like FLUSH sale! AMIRITE!?!1

For really real though, there was a sale on these items not too long ago. We all understand why you can’t drop the price on the lastest-and-greatest games but come on, there’s better than this to put on sale without repeating yourselves.

Seluhir said:

April 21st, 5:21 am

It might not have even been Sony’s idea. Maybe Rockstar wanted to put on a sale and approached Sony.

xX-andoid-Xx said:

April 19th, 2:27 pm

This is may first time commitmenting on this blog.

Please give us a good PSVITA sale for once I have only $7.21 in my account and i would really like to get killzone mercenary.

Is there any word of a killzone flash sale coming and when will we see a 99 cent sale again?

HeWhoIsmie said:

April 19th, 3:02 pm

What I’m seriously craving is a Dynasty Warriors Franchise sale… Not so much for me, since I own pretty much all the games, but so I can get friends to get the games for online play with them

guaripolo13 said:

April 19th, 3:03 pm

It´s like a Deja vu…it´s my idea or we had a GTA Sale 1 month ago??…C´m guys make a good Flash Sale, the last month´s in the PSN has been poor

rudetoy said:

April 19th, 3:21 pm

These useless franchise sales just go on and on. Meanwhile, a REALLY good flash sale or the annual Spring 99-cent sale….totally forgotten.

Thanks for caring, Sony.

PainOfSarrow said:

April 19th, 3:21 pm

Really ? i saw all these on sale for even less then this on the store not long ago lol. i love GTA but come on… What the hell is this.

dkarlowicz10 said:

April 19th, 4:04 pm

This would be a great sale if the games were cheaper. Many of these GTA games have been for sale for $5 in the past.

zzamaro said:

April 19th, 5:01 pm

Always the same sales and always the same overpriced deals. GTA5 for PS3 still $25? I remember I got that one for $25/$30 the same year it came out 3 years ago…

rako27gct said:

April 19th, 5:53 pm

Guys please we need more Vita sales!!

WaveLightning777 said:

April 19th, 7:38 pm

I would have been more impressed if the shark cards themselves were on sale too. As things stand, for example, the Megalodon Bundle is 68 bucks atm. The Megalodon Card itself is the 100 dollar card. So…. that basically screws those of us who already have the game. Royally so, at that.

lnsmhntr said:

April 19th, 7:51 pm

I’ll give you 19.99 for GTAV on PS4. No more than that. In game cash cards won’t get me to pay more for a game that is almost three years old. Older than that if you consider it’s last gen release date. Many of us already played it when it was first released and we are just waiting for a proper sale price to consider purchasing the game again for the current hardware.

I mean heck, in the Canadian PSN store the Whale Shark version is 60% off for $43.19 while the unbundled version is only 35% off for $45.49. It’s utterly disrespectful to treat your customers as if they are stupid enough to believe they are getting a deal simply because you priced the bonus virtual money version slightly lower than the vanilla version.

Have some respect, Sony. You’ve developed a real chip on your shoulder from your success since the beginning of the console cycle and I’m starting to wonder why I ever left my old friend XBOX in the first place. Their view may have been short-sighted going into this gen but, while they may be trailing in sales, their customer benefit programs make a mockery of yours.

cammers1995 said:

April 20th, 5:20 am

Sorry but I’m not paying 10+ for a ps2 game. That’s such a laugh. This isn’t a “sale”.

ThumbsOfSteel74 said:

April 20th, 6:06 am

Most of these games have been on sale for much less multiple times. The same could probably be said for most of the games in these franchise sales we’ve been having. If you’re patient, you’re better off waiting for a flash sale.

With that said, $17.49 isn’t bad for all three of the main PS2 games on PS4. Even $20.99 is decent if you don’t have Plus.

BathoryBlaze said:

April 20th, 6:27 am

I think it’s time to move on from PS3. At this point it’s just like you’re trying to pad out a list that really in my mind only has 4 games on it.

Korahn27 said:

April 20th, 6:40 am

GTA V (with no cash card) – $52 in Canada. This is not really a sale for a game this old. I bought it at Best Buy a couple weeks ago for $30 CAD. THAT is a sale but really should be the game’s standard price at this point.

messu22 said:

April 20th, 8:16 am

There’s no sale when games are overpriced as these. It’s kind of silly to expect people to pay $30 for a game like GTA V, which has been out for ages. I won’t even comment on the rest.

Revan707 said:

April 20th, 9:40 am

Is this sale available in Europe ?

SpooNManX said:

April 20th, 4:19 pm

It seems like these GTA sales are a monthly event.

Englishfry said:

April 20th, 10:17 pm

Thank god this is the last of the ‘Franchise Sale’. I think I only took advantage of the $20 The Last of Us.

guidoXXL said:

April 21st, 1:32 am

After owning PSP version of LCS and VCS. I was quiet upset to find out when I bought the vita collection that I paid 17.99 for PSP Chinatown Wars….

Crusciendo said:

April 21st, 2:44 am

I appreciate having weekly deals and all, but having duplicate sales so close to one another makes me question whether I should even bother maintaining my PS+. It’s been a bit since I’ve seen anything worthy enough for me to spend my money on lately.