Call of Duty Infinite Warfare

Jul 27

28445147952_61904ac366_z

PlayStation Plus: Free Games for August 2016

28445147952_61904ac366_z

Greg Lewickyj's Avatar Posted by on Jul 27, 2016 // PlayStation Plus Content Partnership Manager

Update: Starting on September 22, 2016, prices for PlayStation Plus memberships will change to $59.99 USD/ $69.99 CAD for twelve months and $24.99 USD/$29.99 CAD for three months. The monthly plan will change to $11.99 CAD in Canada, and remain $9.99 USD in the U.S. If you are a current member, the new prices will take effect if your membership renews on or after this date.

PlayStation Plus strives to enrich your PlayStation experience through a world-class service built for our fans. This marks the first time that PS Plus membership prices will increase in the U.S. and Canada since the launch of the service in 2010. The new pricing reflects the current market conditions while enabling us to continue providing exceptional value to our members. As a member, you will continue to enjoy the benefits and features that enable shared experiences, such as online multiplayer, free games, and exclusive discounts. You will also continue to get exclusive benefits such as online game save storage and discounts across the PlayStation digital services.

If you do not wish to continue your subscription, please be sure to cancel it by turning off auto-renewal in your account settings before September 22, 2016.

We thank all of you, our PlayStation Plus members, for your ongoing support.

We’re happy to share the free PS4 games for PS Plus members this August! This month we look to satisfy your inner space pirate, and let you battle it out with friends in a frenzied tower builder.

First up is Tricky Towers, a new title from WeirdBeard Games. Tricky Towers is a physics-based puzzler that’s at its best when you’re competing against friends. With local and online multiplayer for two to four players, the game shines as you race to stack your tower while casting spells to disrupt your opponents. The gameplay is fast, fun, and addictive, as you’ll find yourself coming back for more. So gather your friends or join them online and enjoy the mayhem of Tricky Towers.

Next up is Rebel Galaxy. Suit up and take command in this space combat RPG from developer Double Damage. Take the helm of a massive destroyer as you make your reputation through trade, by being a work-for-hire mercenary or a swashbuckling pirate. In a procedurally generated universe, no two star systems are the same and there’s always something new to discover. So take the helm, prepare for battle, and have a blast with Rebel Galaxy.

Full lineup:

• Tricky Towers, PS4
  • Rebel Galaxy, PS4
  • Yakuza 5, PS3
  • Retro/Grade, PS3
  • Patapon 3, PS Vita
  • Ultratron, PS Vita, PS3, PS4

We’ll see you in the comments section. Enjoy.

1,022 Comments   2 Replies

PAGE 1 2 3 14

+ mthodmn101 on July 27th, 2016 at 8:33 am said:

Oh man… this is pretty bad…. I’d be mildly excited if I owned a ps3, but I feel bad for us ps4/vita owners..

+ tusunami on July 27th, 2016 at 8:39 am said:

@mthodmn101 Every month can’t be a winner for PS Plus games. And besides you don’t even own a hard drive big enough.

+ MakaiOokami on July 27th, 2016 at 8:41 am said:

Rebel Galaxy has decent enough reviews. Why do you know you and everyone else is going to hate the game? A meta critic of 75, and a User Score of 80 isn’t good enough for $4 dollars a month plus all the other benefits, several other games, and discounts?

PS Plus is worth it just for the extra 10-30% they give you alone IMO.

Though I can see people who only buy like 3-5 games a year being upset and feeling like they have to pay for PS Plus but then again maybe if they tried the games in their plus lineup maybe they’d get more enjoyment out of their Plus.

Hey maybe you’ll try Patapon 3 and really get into it. If you like oldschool at all Ultratron is really fun.

So yeah I dont’ feel bad for PS4/Vita owners. I feel bad for people who don’t like trying new games and building a backlog of different experiences.

+ FeistFan on July 27th, 2016 at 8:41 am said:

Not sure about your comment for PS3 owners – I know a lot of people will be happy with Yakuza, but it’s not interesting to me. And I thought Retro/Grade had been on Plus before – maybe it was a different rythm game. In any case, I’m not personally thrilled with this list for any platform, but I bet some people are.

Just a weak month for me. Those who are excited about XBox getting WWE make me shake my head, though – I’d be just as disappointed to get that. Blech. Goes to show that you can’t please everybody.

+ Mac_Gyver7 on July 27th, 2016 at 8:50 am said:

Tricky Towers looks like a good time filler between games

On a side note – Please bring Streets of Rage to the Psn for the PS4!!!!!!

+ Lersal on July 27th, 2016 at 8:56 am said:

Tusunami, you act like people don’t delete games or upgrade their HDD. Please..

+ Keegs79 on July 27th, 2016 at 9:12 am said:

I think you would feel bad regardless of the games. Those PS4 games are considered good. While not exactly to my personally liking, I hardly find it something to be disappointed about.

+ Sub-Zero on July 27th, 2016 at 9:14 am said:

I have all sony consoles and this is a prime month to show people just have different taste. I see people having a fit because X! got Warriors Orochi and WWE….I would not even DL those if they were the PS+ games ( stopped watching WWE when i was like 10). No ive never heard of either PS4 game this month and i doubt I’d spend more then a few hrs with them…but at least its something ive never played before.

In a lose/lose situation i rather give a mystery game a go and see what happens.

+ Invictus_80 on July 27th, 2016 at 9:26 am said:

I was almost disappointed with this months selection then I saw Yakuza. Totally made it all better. I love the Yakuza series. I’m actually impressed, last month we got Saints Row IV for PS4 and Yakuza 5 for PS3 this month. Back to back wins. Usually we get a really great game every 3 or 4 months. Well done PS+. Now you’re gettin us what we really love.

+ Skri13 on July 27th, 2016 at 9:52 am said:

I was pretty underwhelmed by the list at first, but i checked out some gameplay footage of Rebel Galaxy and am actually pretty excited for it. I mean, it doesn’t look like the best game ever, but it does look very fun

+ ROB-LOND on July 27th, 2016 at 10:16 am said:

This is a very poor line up for the PS4, PS3 not so bad, Still think I’ll give them a miss :(

+ ZanFear on July 27th, 2016 at 10:41 am said:

As someone who pre-ordered No Man’s Sky, none of these games will be taking my play time in August. ;) Just nice to have more bonus games.

+ Circuitburnout on July 27th, 2016 at 11:14 am said:

Are you joking? Rebel Galaxy is an amazing game.

+ sublimedyl on July 27th, 2016 at 2:55 pm said:

After 2 aaa months back to the indie crap woo hoo!

+ tkamil198591 on July 27th, 2016 at 4:38 pm said:

Monthly gaming has become very bad xbox platform games are the best in terms of monthly games

+ Amnalehu on July 27th, 2016 at 5:06 pm said:

Rebel Galaxy is actually a very good game. Give it a try!

+ twink81 on July 27th, 2016 at 6:49 pm said:

Screw PlayStation plus, if I don’t need to play online I won’t have it and the games . Come on even in the PS store it say they love indie Games

+ Amiculi on July 27th, 2016 at 9:20 pm said:

Rebel Galaxy is basically the pirate ship combat from Assassin’s Creed 4, but in space. It’s solid.

+ iamtylerdurden1 on July 27th, 2016 at 10:10 pm said:

Rebel Galaxy and Yakuza 5 are great PS+ games. Good month.

+ kellamity on July 28th, 2016 at 5:52 am said:

I’m excited for Yakuza 5! The other stuff… No idea!

+ flame933 on July 28th, 2016 at 7:11 am said:

Reviews are opinions(a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge). Stop using them(reviews) to defend!!!

+ MidnightSlayer74 on July 28th, 2016 at 8:33 am said:

Waste!!!

+ Doug-E-Fresh0126 on July 28th, 2016 at 9:38 am said:

Dude, totally agree 100%. I do not know how they pick the games but I do not pay for ps plus to get a bunch of c list games. I especially hate when the free games are games I can play on my iphone. They have a big enough catalog now to give out some decent games. People that say its a free game stop complaining, well no its not free its a feature of having a ps plus membership. When i first signed up before ps4 came out they would give like 4 or 5 games a month with 2 or 3 being good enough to play. They used to give things like bioshock infinite and even saints row 3. What would be awesome is if they gave out the first game if a sequel is coming out, give people a chance to either learn the story or catch up. I hope it gets better soon.

+ mik3vita2 on July 28th, 2016 at 9:59 am said:

+tusunami maybe you only not us

+ Exile_Gamer13 on July 28th, 2016 at 10:52 am said:

Yeah… as a ps plus member myself, with a ps4, I was hoping for something better. There were rumors of Yazuka being on ps4, so i was excited. Then… this.
    What is this?! What’s with ps4 and giving out crappy spaceship games, along with… tricky towers?
    Bullcrap.
    I pay 60 bucks a month for ps plus. I expect something worthwhile that will at least last me a few days without me deleting it…
    This month’s are one of the worst in a long time.

+ Exile_Gamer13 on July 28th, 2016 at 10:55 am said:

I am an extreme playstation supporter, so normally, you’ll never hear me complimenting Xbox, but honestly… Xbox Gold’s monthly free games are so much better than PS’s. Assassin’s Creed, WWE, etc.
    And we get stuck with this bullcrap.

+ Exile_Gamer13 on July 28th, 2016 at 10:56 am said:

Lol btw i meant 60 bucks a year not a month xD

+ bignest0 on July 28th, 2016 at 5:05 pm said:

Ill be real.. I’ve got all the consoles.. however,imo I’d be ok with it if the games were backwards compatible like my xbone.but having to switch consoles to play the games and unload them is sorta sucky. Imo the xbone games are better this month,but thats just this month. Tbh I’m not excited about the psplus games one bit,not even my kids are.but when they seen spelunky,and WWE..not that I’m. Fan of war.. but my kids liked it ..but I’ll dnload all of them..n play all of them. I still feel we should be able to play them on all on ps4, like i can w the dnload I get from xbone n 360.. just my opinion.. gg all.

+ HumourNoir on July 28th, 2016 at 5:08 pm said:

Rebel Galaxy is a pretty good game. I own it on PC and it’s awesome.

+ Zraff on July 28th, 2016 at 5:50 pm said:

Are you actually joking? Patapon 3 is ridiculously fun, and being able to actually find parties online to play will be just AMAZING. And for serious, everything from Puppy Games is incredible, and Ultratron is absolutely no different.

+ ELiiTEFORCE on July 29th, 2016 at 6:47 am said:

For the love of God…… Sony STOP doing PSP titles for the Vita… I do want ANY psp game… There are tons of games for the vita to offer. If i want to play a psp game… I would not use my vita

+ mitchoboy88 on July 29th, 2016 at 8:09 am said:

Yea, i know like maybe sony could put in gta v or bo3 or actual good games. At least we got nba 2k16 in june and SR in july they need to keep releasing good games or else everyone going to start buying xbox’s and sony will lose all their money. Also people would keep buying PS plus if they released good games like gta or bo3

+ MostTryHard_13 on July 29th, 2016 at 6:29 pm said:

I’m actually not gonna complain about this month’s lineup. I am willing to try these games even if I end up not liking them because they sound right up my alley. I don’t need AAA games just interesting ones.

+ J1978Crfc on July 30th, 2016 at 9:05 am said:

Well im disappointed with the free games for ps4 this month as wont play any just glad I got a xbox one to as they do decent games for free more popular games such as the crew and wwe 2k16

+ edmund26 on July 30th, 2016 at 9:18 am said:

The only stand-out lineup was the one with NBA 2K16

+ Lethal_Ocelot on July 31st, 2016 at 10:01 am said:

I always add these things to the ol’ library just in case…but how about Sony stops making me pay for my very own server with ps+. So I can drop this “non-service.” People that enjoy the discounts and those free indie games, that should have come out during the reign of Super Nintendo, can pay for it. Don’t give me the cloud argument. You don’t host multi-player on ps servers, don’t make us pay for it.

+ bruhloonski on August 1st, 2016 at 12:54 am said:

I hate to be a negative guy here but this may be the worst month for ps plus gamers. Of course the one month that you have bad games are on my birthday month. Why can’t we get those top-notch games like NBA 2k16 back. We need games that people actually play. Would love to see maybe Fallout 4. Maybe that’s going too far but it would be HUGE and it would mean a lot to everybody in the PS4 community.

+ bruhloonski on August 1st, 2016 at 1:05 am said:

If we get Fallout 4 for PS Plus members, I will love Playstation so much. I mean, I already do but it’s just my dream to play Fallout 4. I do not have the money to go out and buy it. Please, Playstation. At least show me you’re putting this to thought.

+ TERRYGETZEM_91 on August 1st, 2016 at 10:07 am said:

Rebel galaxy is an awesome game and will provide several hours of fun if you get into it. I have already purchased it months ago for 20$ and it was worth every penny. I would almost say it’s an open world sandbox the game is pretty big. Hopefully tricky towers will be somewhat entertaining. This is a very good month in my opinion thanks for this month’s line up sony.

+ kirby_owns on August 1st, 2016 at 12:38 pm said:

Damnit ps free games maybe wasn’t for everyone in july with Saints Row and fat princess ,but at least fury and Call of Juarez were good games. And the ps vita had Prince of Persia and Oreshika were pretty good games. Compared to july these games suck.

+ ScumDogLee83 on August 2nd, 2016 at 10:33 am said:

Every month people on here complain. It’s like you want them to give you new releases every month.. shut up and enjoy. No one’s making you download. I’m ready to enjoy my new games!

+ ROYCEHELLION on August 2nd, 2016 at 4:39 pm said:

Rebel Galaxy is a good snag. I beat it twice on PC. a lot of farming at first but a great space game. I’ll finish it again here.

+ ThePenetratorrr on August 3rd, 2016 at 3:15 am said:

I think it’s so funny how everyone complains about not having good games for free. I was reading all these complaints and it just sounds like they just want popular games for free. I’m not gonna say these games are terrible just because I didn’t get a brand new 60$ game that is popular. Just give this game a try and don’t whine about it jeez

+ samdexmol26 on August 4th, 2016 at 7:30 am said:

Poor as always why am I not surprised didn’t get the ea access on ps4 no dought bcoz ps thought they would lose money then the fallout 4 mod still isn’t out way behind xbox and pc then they cap it off taking our money and giving us these crappy games tht ain’t even as gud as the 1s I get free on my phone well done playstation for overpriced store games poor connections to ur servers amongst all other crap thts bad the worst thing though is I have to sit back and say xbox own use lot poor poor poor

+ Six_Flags_Guy on August 5th, 2016 at 6:57 pm said:

come on man , Rebel Galaxy is a win –

+ GodlessChaos on August 22nd, 2016 at 9:22 am said:

This is terrible. Hopefully the PS+ games gets better as well as the servers.

+ Andybroon on August 22nd, 2016 at 10:47 am said:

This price increase is bull. The ‘free’ games are garbage. They Need to introduce a cheaper tier for Multiplayer only.

+ coachmclean5t on August 22nd, 2016 at 11:52 am said:

Why are they raising the price of Playstation plus.it’s bad u have to pay to play online ..you already have an Internet bill…this is wrong

+ sukTHEfac on August 22nd, 2016 at 12:10 pm said:

@tusunami right…except that MOST weeks aren’t winners. That’s the problem: inconsistency.

+ silentassasin997 on August 22nd, 2016 at 2:08 pm said:

Wow they are just gonna spit in our face like that? Increase Ps+ and continue with the indie trash every month? And they aren’t even going to make an effort to let us change our names? It’s a simple display players “real names” to each other and keep your original name just display it on their profile like steam does. It’s amazing they don’t think of this it took me 2 minutes to come up with that solution yet here we are like 7 years later and they still haven’t figured it out

+ ga7tar on August 22nd, 2016 at 7:29 pm said:

This really bad for Sony I’m not alone but I tell you that I go for xbox this is really ridiculous why i will pay 20 $ extra for the psn ?????

+ za-iq on August 23rd, 2016 at 12:50 am said:

As always: the games are boring :/
    Sony, please take a look at Xbox gold monthly free games !!

+ CommandingTiger on August 23rd, 2016 at 2:03 am said:

Yeah. I am cancelling my subscription. It has been horrible ever since the PS4 launched. There’s hardly any good free games. It is not worth the extra money. I will probably be switching to PC.
    Thank You Shawn Layden for destroying the PlayStation that we all know and loved. You sir are not Jack Tretton because he knew what gamers wanted. More people will ditch your console because of this stupid decision.
    This is how you destroy your lead. By disrespecting your fans.

+ MillieBrady on August 23rd, 2016 at 1:07 pm said:

Start making cash right now… Get more time with your family by doing jobs that only require for you to have a computer and an internet access and you can have that at your home. Start bringing up to $14000 a month. I’ve started this job and I’ve never been happier and now I am sharing it with you, so you can try it too.
    You can check it out here…. www.14earnpath.com

+ iero on July 27th, 2016 at 8:35 am said:

I own all 3 platforms and I’m Embarrased. Xbox owners have wwe 2k16. We get fake Tetris and a psp game.

+ saab01 on July 27th, 2016 at 8:40 am said:

Yeah they don’t look that interesting to me either ps4 games this month is a -0 out 10

+ evil_padre on July 27th, 2016 at 8:41 am said:

Said it before I could. 100% correct

+ InfernoXTv_300 on July 27th, 2016 at 8:43 am said:

Bro PlayStation gave us 2k16 WAY before xbox did

+ MakaiOokami on July 27th, 2016 at 8:47 am said:

1. We get a great PSP game.

2. Rebel Galaxy has a better review score than WWE on both the critic side and the user side.

3. It doesn’t look like a fake tetris. It looks like a parody of Tetris. Big difference. Space Balls is not a fake Star Wars.

+ BENJAM1N_LINUS on July 27th, 2016 at 8:51 am said:

Lol wrestling

+ Lersal on July 27th, 2016 at 8:57 am said:

Inferno, PS+ gave away NBA not WWE.

+ lydianfanfare on July 27th, 2016 at 9:24 am said:

Well, we got NBA 2k16 last month, remember? I’ve been interested in Rebel Galaxy for a while, and am glad to finally get it!

+ The_Dukenator on July 27th, 2016 at 11:07 am said:

One of their other games is Beyond Good & Evil HD, which was a PS Plus offer last year.

I get games from both playstation & xbox, and I don’t care what the games are. Free is free, whether or not a subscription is required to keep them.

+ KongWen on July 27th, 2016 at 11:26 am said:

I’ll take fake Tetris and a PSP game over WWE any day of the week and any month of the year.

+ Finker73 on July 27th, 2016 at 11:34 am said:

Then go get a Crapbox One and the sub-par wrestling game.
    Every month it’s someone comparing PS to XBX. You want WWE so bad, go buy it. You won’t though because you’re feeling entitled at the moment.

+ iamtylerdurden1 on July 27th, 2016 at 10:14 pm said:

Rebel Galaxy is really good and Yakuza 5 is an excellent AAA. I have ZERO interest in wrestling, the xbox lineup is garbage and u can’t download every game at the beginning of the month. Hmm, why do u think they do that? Perhaps it’s a way to screw over gamers who don’t download the game in time?

+ Laniston on July 29th, 2016 at 8:18 am said:

Rebel Galaxy is actually a really great game. The music and setting give off a bit of a firefly vibe, and the combat is a good mix of action and strategy. While not perfect, it is very enjoyable. Been out on PC for a while and I happily sunk a good 30 hours or so into it. Let’s you be a trader, miner, pirate, space defender, etc. Has some cool ship designs, and the feel of them is awesome. The weapons aren’t anything new but the sounds and gameplay make them feel powerful and ..hefty. don’t pass the game up!

+ CommandingTiger on August 23rd, 2016 at 2:08 am said:

Anyone else outraged about the price hike? Or did they just stealth edit that one?

+ Valde_zerocool on July 27th, 2016 at 8:35 am said:

Can’t wait for Rebel Galaxy, can’t wait!

+ Tikker_G on July 27th, 2016 at 11:21 am said:

Yeah, I hadn’t seen that one before, but it looks right up my alley too. the tetris game looks brutal, and PSP games for vita? ffs

I guess as long as there’s 1 decent game for ps4 or vita I can’t complain too much. I have to admit, I enjoyed the heck out of revisiting the God of War games the last 2 months

+ Dark_Yoda_313 on July 27th, 2016 at 8:36 am said:

I kinda love it when games I’m on the fence about come up in Plus. Been curious about rebel galaxy for a while, but not enough to pull the trigger. Really looking forward to it. And Patapon 3 – bonus!

+ Zraff on July 28th, 2016 at 5:53 pm said:

I am so excited to get Patapon 3. I have it on UMD, but my PSP is toast, so now I can finally play it again.

+ mwatcher on July 27th, 2016 at 8:36 am said:

Great to see that we get Yakuza 5!

+ DuoMaxwell007 on July 27th, 2016 at 8:37 am said:

Yakuza 5 is the only godo game on that list… too bad I own it already…

+ BladedTechPS on July 27th, 2016 at 8:37 am said:

You know you’re lineup is horrible when the most exciting game you have is a game from over 10 years ago.

+ MakaiOokami on July 27th, 2016 at 8:50 am said:

Hello sir. Just thought you might want to know that you are not the center of the everything. Some people will be excited over patapon only yes, but others will be excited over Yakuza 5, many will be excited over Rebel Galaxy, and some people will likely be pleasantly surprised by either Retro-grade or Ultratron.

+ Lersal on July 27th, 2016 at 8:58 am said:

Nobody’s excited. ^

+ aaron_bush_96 on July 27th, 2016 at 9:56 am said:

Im excited for all the games. Better then nothing.

+ guitarpete987 on July 27th, 2016 at 10:10 am said:

^ I’m pretty excited about Rebel Galaxy. Reviews are very decent and it looks fun. And Patapon is a great franchise, never played part 3. Looking forward to it!

+ Da_Dog_Killa on July 27th, 2016 at 2:32 pm said:

“might want to know that you are not the center of the everything. ” Just thought you should know you’re wrong, learn space science and come back, but I know you’re being figurative.

Also, he/she didn’t claim that MakaiOoKami. He/she was simply sharing their opinion in the comment section, which is kind of the point of the comment section.

+ Spitfire_Zero_ on July 27th, 2016 at 7:46 pm said:

I’m really excited about Patapon and Rebel Galaxy. I already own Retro/Grade, but if anyone is like me and generally dislikes typical rhythm games then you will really enjoy this (and Patapon). A lot of folks here are very excited about Yakuza 5.
    I think you need to change your statement from “You’re lineup is horrible” to “Your* lineup is not to my taste”. The former is a false fact and the latter is an opinion.

+ iamtylerdurden1 on July 27th, 2016 at 10:20 pm said:

Are u kidding? Rebel Galaxy and Yakuza 5 are big-time, great PS+ month.

NBA 2k16, Furi, Saints Row PS4, Oreshika, Rebel Galaxy, Yakuza 5. PS+ has been killing it lately. I’ll take that over Banner Saga, WWE, and Spelunky.

+ DeathKiller49 on July 27th, 2016 at 8:37 am said:

Yakuza 5 is pretty nice for PS3 owners… which I don’t play anymore. But once again for Vita and PS4, another terrible month. It amazes me how the lineups continually get worst per month.

+ saab01 on July 27th, 2016 at 8:39 am said:

Tomb raider definite edition would of been great for ps4

+ MakaiOokami on July 27th, 2016 at 8:57 am said:

@Saab01 that game has been $5-14 so many times I have to ask if you wanted it that badly why haven’t you gotten it yet? It was $4.49 for plus a month and a half ago. $7.49 a bit before then. Then again in February. I imagine it’ll be free for plus closer to October, I imagine if they did give it away people would be furious due to all the cheap sales it’s been on, the fact you get it free for pre-ordering the new one, and that the game is several years old and given away on the PS3 side.

@DeathKiller It amazes me how they give away disc games like everyone asks them to, and then people come out with comments like “But once again for Vita and PS4, another terrible month. It amazes me how the lineups continually get worst per month.”

I just don’t get why people come here and act like every game we get is terrible. I bet if you tried some of them you wouldn’t be so grouchy.

+ DeathKiller49 on July 27th, 2016 at 9:13 am said:

These games look unappealing to me. A parody Tetris and single player only space shooter (when haven’t we seen those) does not encourage me to download them at all. You’re not more special or appreciative than everyone else because you like these games. Not to say that you claimed to be, but you give off the vibe very much so. Allow people to show their unsatisfsction with the games. The problem is these disc games are coming out for an outdaded console, which I believe is holding them back I understand the PS3 is still used today, but they should be putting more effort into the service for PS4 and Vita games. I’m honestly tired of related genre games every few months (so many puzzlers, really?) and all these PSP games. Knack, Killzone Shadow Fall, Danganronpa 1, Disgaea 4 (Vita version) and others are pretty good games that could be offered yet we’re given stuff that a majority of the people hate, and as someone who was subscribed to this service before it was a requirement to pay for it to play online, its an insult to see such a decrease in quality.

+ zombiking71 on July 27th, 2016 at 9:25 am said:

@saab01 Tomb Raider Def. Edition is free if you pre-order Rise of The Tomb Raider on PSN. Got it yesterday. Plus games are always worth trying out. People want the best games every month then complain when titles are below their expectations. The discounts alone make the plus worthwhile to have. The games are just a bonus to me.

+ Seluhir on July 27th, 2016 at 1:32 pm said:

The only question I have for you is why do you associate ‘not personally appealing to you’ with ‘low quality’?

I get that it can be hard to take an impartial look at things… but the lineups aren’t getting ‘worse’ they’re just getting ‘less catered to your personal tastes’ – a lot of people are quite happy about rebel galaxy judging by the comments, and patapon is always a classic, whether I personally like it or not.

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion… but why do you consider this ‘low quality’?

I haven’t gotten much out of PS+ lately myself, but I recognize that that is simply due to a combination of my personal tastes and me already owning a lot of the stuff… not any drop in quality. The games that are coming out are relatively similar quality, just not something I like.

+ Da_Dog_Killa on July 27th, 2016 at 2:34 pm said:

I started up my PS3 yesterday and I was amazed at what games I had in my downloads from the PS+ lineups back when i played it, but now that they sell PS+ with multiplayer it seems that the games in the lineups have gotten worse and worse

+ iamtylerdurden1 on July 27th, 2016 at 10:26 pm said:

Wth?

PS4 owners last couple months

NBA 2k16
    Saints Row
    Furi
    Gone Home
    Rebel Galaxy

VITA got an awesome game in July (Oreshika) and God of War.

PS4/VITA have been doing quite well, particularly PS4.

+ Doug-E-Fresh0126 on July 28th, 2016 at 9:50 am said:

I love when people say its free if you pre order this othet game, well then it’s not free is it. Free means $0.00. No strings attached. Even the PS plus “free” games are not really free, they are with a paid subscription, if you stop paying you can’t play anymore, thats is so not free. That is why they need to put halfway decent games on the “free” games list. I do not pay ps plus to play games I can play on my iphone. There is too big a catalog of A list games that cab be given, i am sure there is some reason why they have been reduced to what they are giving out now but they gotta find a way to fix it

+ DeathKiller49 on July 28th, 2016 at 10:45 am said:

@Seluhir By low quality, I mean the things such as puzzlers appearing so very often and the lack of voting for games or genres we would’ve liked to see. There’s so much backlash on almost every month yet they fail to acknowledge it, the only comments that they appear to reply to are positive ones. I’ll give them their credit where it is due such as Saints Row or God of War, I played neither because they were not appealing but they were high quality and seemed like games that they knew the players would actually enjoy. I never mean to insult Indie developers but I personally think seeing their games on here every single month, with a lack of voting games, a lack of acknowledgment to negative posts, and a lack of voitng for a specific genres like before just to get so many puzzlers or something else repetitive is what is the decrease in quality is to me.

+ Seluhir on July 28th, 2016 at 11:55 am said:

You realize that even if 1000 people complain on these forums(which is like 10 times the most I’ve ever seen), that’s still <1% of the total people who have PS+ right?

And that people who are unhappy are far more likely to comment than people who are happy.

That's why. People aren't cancelling on any grand scale, people are probably reserving and downloading the games, and every metric they can use shows more people are content with the investment than not.

Given that, the complaints of such a small minority are something to be aware of, but not something to panic over.

+ gameman15 on July 28th, 2016 at 1:09 pm said:

@Seluhir The reason why some people are “happy” as you claim is because they can’t afford better good-quality games, therefore they’re stuck with crappy low-quality games or games that nobody cares about. While Nintendo is making a comeback with the mini NES system (that I’ll be investing in) and the Nintendo NX (that I’ll also be investing in), Sony on the other hand is basically getting out of touch with their fanbase by not actually giving them what they want. Those crappy low-quality “okay at best” cheap knockoff indie games (which are sadly the games Sony is offering to us PS Plus members) don’t count. You speak for 1% of Sony’s fanbase, I (along with those who agree with me) speak for 99% of Sony’s fanbase.

+ Seluhir on July 28th, 2016 at 2:00 pm said:

@Gameman actually all anyone can reasonably speak for is themselves. So I speak for myself, you speak for yourself, and neither of can claim any more than that.

That being said, Sony hasn’t made changes because the numbers show that they don’t have to. It really is that simple. You can try to argue with it all you like… but if you were right, Sony would be making changes. Since they aren’t, the numbers must disagree with your assertion.

+ PaleMemories on July 27th, 2016 at 8:37 am said:

Not a single game I already own, and multiple games I’ve been seriously interested in. Great line-up, for me!

Greg Lewickyj's Avatar

+ Greg Lewickyj on July 27th, 2016 at 9:19 am said:

Great to hear! Thanks for the feedback and enjoy the games.

+ sukTHEfac on August 22nd, 2016 at 12:08 pm said:

Stop exclusively responding to overt positivity.

+ Prc_No9 on July 27th, 2016 at 8:37 am said:

Men, very very poor month. Not looking forward to Augusts games. I own all 3 consoles & nothing has my interest. Julys was better than this. One of the worst this year.

+ saab01 on July 27th, 2016 at 8:38 am said:

Terrible terrible games for ps4 when will we see a disc based game ????

The evil within
Watch dogs
Kill zone ect…….

All of these are very cheap and would be a great fit

Also not very happy with the ps3 line up but I rarely play my ps3 these days.

+ TrueAssassin86x on July 27th, 2016 at 8:52 am said:

Why dont you just buy them if there the cheap enless your too poor lol

+ Lersal on July 27th, 2016 at 9:00 am said:

I believe The Evil Within was a Japanese PS+ game two months ago.

+ MakaiOokami on July 27th, 2016 at 9:06 am said:

Killzone was just on sale for $5 a month or 2 ago. Why are you asking for it to be given away for free? Pretty sure the way it works is that companies come to Sony and offer up some games, or Sony asks about a lump sum for certain games on smaller titles. If we got Killzone people would complain because of how cheap it is.

If we got Watch Dogs people would complain that they gave us a crappy game.

If we got the Evil Within people would complain they’re not into horror games. Heck Rebel Galaxy has just as high a reviews as Evil within. I mean what exactly is it that people want? You can get decent games that no one has had a chance to buy until it was given away for free, or you can risk getting a decent disk game that you might already own by the time they give it to you…

Why do people want to risk getting games they already own? They’ll just complain yet again.

+ RediJedi95 on July 27th, 2016 at 9:07 am said:

+TrueAssassin96x

If you’re going to insult someone, at least be grammatically correct.

*they’re *unless *you’re

+ MakaiOokami on July 27th, 2016 at 9:07 am said:

Correction I guess Rebel Galaxy has been out for 6 months.

Surprised no one has complained they own it already. :D

+ The_Bunn on July 27th, 2016 at 9:55 am said:

@MakaiOokami – Maybe because no one cared enough to buy it. Yeah. great lineup.
    PS plus was such a bait and switch, it was awesome on PS3 days, but now that it’s required for MP, we get scrapes.

+ racross on July 27th, 2016 at 10:23 am said:

@MakaiOokami – I own Rebel Galaxy. Not complaining because it’s a great game that I’m glad more people are going to get a chance to try.

+ Da_Dog_Killa on July 27th, 2016 at 2:40 pm said:

People are complaining that we’re receiving mediocre indie games for PS+, doesn’t even matter they’re indie or not. A lot of people would be way happier to have Terraria over a block game that is essentially Tetris. And even if it’s a cheap game, shame people for being poor or not all you want Ookami, but having a great $5 game for free is better than a $15 dollar mediocre one

I haven’t played the Tetris game, but it’s tetris, not many people aregoing to be super exited to play a game on their couch that they could play on their phone for free

+ Ediner on July 27th, 2016 at 6:55 pm said:

Watch dogs full edition was like 12$ last month and Killzone was like 5$ two months ago (I know because I buy it), so do you have plus only for free games? Another thing, Shadow of Mordor GOTY edition was like 8$ and I buy it too, plus give us great discounts pal.

And Yakuza 5 its a great game for PS3 BTW.

+ Laniston on July 29th, 2016 at 8:35 am said:

Rebel Galaxy is actually a great game. Don’t pass on it.

+ sukTHEfac on August 22nd, 2016 at 12:08 pm said:

@ TrueAssassin86x I believe the comment rules include “don’t be a jerk” – i.e. don’t be dismissive of valid arguments. He makes a very good point – he’s not being entitled or anything. That’s a prefectly reasonable, cost-effective suggestion that would make many people happy.

+ dovidiob84 on July 27th, 2016 at 8:39 am said:

Well I’d like to say thanks to whoever has the job of getting these games on plus. Pick some lesser titles people moan…pick big titles people moan. Well I’ll say thank you. I get to try stuff I may never have even looked at and surprise surprise sometimes not being so narrow minded pays off. Keep it up psplus team.

Greg Lewickyj's Avatar

+ Greg Lewickyj on July 27th, 2016 at 9:20 am said:

Thanks for the thought. And, you are welcome.

+ OMFGitsRae on July 30th, 2016 at 8:16 am said:

Lol you must be a PS3 user

+ sukTHEfac on August 22nd, 2016 at 12:11 pm said:

@ Greg Lewickyj Stop exclusively responding to overt positivity.

+ Trendy_Kid on July 27th, 2016 at 8:39 am said:

Rebel Galaxy just came out not too long ago. It’s also pretty good.

+ PrivateProstate on July 27th, 2016 at 8:39 am said:

Ugh… I haven’t been excited about being a PS plus member in months and that trend continues today. I only subscribe for these releases and sales, I don’t play online, starting to think it may not be worth it anymore.

+ iamtylerdurden1 on July 27th, 2016 at 10:34 pm said:

Open ur gaming tastes to something new. Furi was a great, new game we got this month on PS4. Gone Home has a very high metacritic, NBA 2k16 is the best sports on the market, Saints Row is AAA. Rebel Galaxy and Yakuza 5 are terrific.

+ tanuki_green on August 2nd, 2016 at 4:20 pm said:

Cool story bro. And I look forward to hearing it again from you next month too. Keep it up!

+ samv33 on July 27th, 2016 at 8:39 am said:

Yakuza 5 would be the highlight for me, but I already own it. Rebel Galaxy looks like it has promise. Although I had to go watch another video since the 10 second of gameplay posted here didn’t give me much to go on.

+ DuoMaxwell007 on July 27th, 2016 at 8:40 am said:

Rebel Galaxy WOULD have been GREAT game if it was multiplayer. Being a space pirate and trading etc etc in a “persistent” world that has OTHER players in it as well that I can trade (or pirate). Would be something Id love.. Itll be like “EVE Lite”

+ The_Bunn on July 27th, 2016 at 9:58 am said:

Oh man, no MP? it was the thing that could save a title like this.

+ fritosxii on July 27th, 2016 at 8:40 am said:

Interested in trying Rebel Galaxy. Mostly want to finally see what Patapon is all about.

+ Trendy_Kid on July 27th, 2016 at 8:51 am said:

I won’t lie, Patapon is pretty fun.

+ vctomazi on July 27th, 2016 at 8:40 am said:

Thinking about not to renew my subscription, long time no see a good lineup.

+ saab01 on July 27th, 2016 at 8:43 am said:

It sucks that we have to pay to play online for ps4 I’m sure the subs would drop on ps4 if this wasn’t the case. Ps plus on ps4 has always been very weak in my eyes.

+ MomeAlsadi on July 27th, 2016 at 8:40 am said:

are you f kiding me ?
what is this ?
worst month ever .

+ etherealbehemoth on July 27th, 2016 at 8:41 am said:

this is exactly why i didnt renew my ps plus sub. months and months of games just thrown out there with no thought in them at all.

+ badcatsclaws on July 27th, 2016 at 8:41 am said:

Space shooters all the way.

+ HevyD666 on July 27th, 2016 at 8:41 am said:

So many people down on this month’s games. Last month had great games, and I’m actually interested in a few this month. I don’t have PS+ so I can stop buying games all together, I have it so I can try out games I haven’t played yet or am maybe on the fence about and getting some pretty great deals. I’m happy withPS+. Now, if the next update could just bring some basic stuff like library management….

+ siegeh on July 27th, 2016 at 8:41 am said:

when are we getting more PS2 games, its such a small collection with a feature that was so hyped up.
and these games, come on why, at least give us something useful for the PS4
at least give away Destiny since its so old

+ m-a-k-e-l-e-l-e on July 27th, 2016 at 8:41 am said:

is this a joke? where the hell is Knack, Assassins Creed Black Flag, Rayman Legends, Tomb Raider DE
really bad line up to be honest

+ TrueAssassin86x on July 27th, 2016 at 8:47 am said:

Pre-order rise of the tomb raider to get tomb raider definition edition for free if you want it that bad. Knack is dirt cheap and i am pretty sure blackflag and rayman legends where aready apart of plus

+ MakaiOokami on July 27th, 2016 at 9:12 am said:

I guarantee you people will call Rayman Legends an indie game. Tomb Raider DE has been $4-$7 and now is free with pre-order of the new one. If you don’t have it by now, I dont’ think you actually wanted it.

Assassin’s Creed Black Flag? It’ll probably end up being like $10 on black friday or something.

Sony doesn’t even decide these things. Publishers come to them with an offer or they talk about it with indie developers.

+ TR0317 on July 27th, 2016 at 9:39 am said:

They should already be in your library. If you only have PS Plus for those games, then you can buy all 4 for less than the price of a subscription.

+ IBranthrax on July 27th, 2016 at 8:42 am said:

Garbage. Complete indie garbage. Meanwhile on Games with Gold. Warriors Orochi and WWE.

+ saab01 on July 27th, 2016 at 8:45 am said:

WWE looks fun thinking to download on the one.

+ TrueAssassin86x on July 27th, 2016 at 8:48 am said:

Garbage completely garbage comment

+ Trendy_Kid on July 27th, 2016 at 8:51 am said:

Wow Warriors Orochi is so good. I bought it on the PS3 and had soooo many hours on it.

+ tusunami on July 27th, 2016 at 8:43 am said:

Too bad for everyone that is crying about the list of games for PS Plus. You don’t like what your getting then go & buy the game you want. Cause if your waiting on Sony don’t get your hopes up.

+ SilentNova on July 27th, 2016 at 8:43 am said:

Rebel Galaxy had me curious, but Yakuza 5 is just exciting and Patapon 3 is a huge yes for me. Pata pata Patapon, Bon bon Patapon.

+ TrueAssassin86x on July 27th, 2016 at 8:44 am said:

Meeh this month Rebel Galaxy is a old Xbox-360 game lol.

Heres a 20 minute gameplay video.

Tricky towers looks meh https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAvJdnXJex4

Yakuza 5 is about the only good thing thing in this batch. Theres not even a day one indie. Thanks indie complainers for that…. Meeeh looks like Just WWE 2k16 and Yakuza 5 will be my free games this month. Glad i own all consoles.

+ Fin1drful on July 27th, 2016 at 8:44 am said:

So so,but who really cares? NO MANS SKY!!!!!

+ TrueAssassin86x on July 27th, 2016 at 8:48 am said:

Who cares about No Mans Sky

+ JremmyTheCreator on July 27th, 2016 at 8:49 am said:

This.

+ JremmyTheCreator on July 27th, 2016 at 8:51 am said:

TrueAssassin86x – A ton of people do

+ alx_hollow on July 27th, 2016 at 10:43 am said:

JremmyTheCreator – And a TON of people don’t

+ AvoidTalkingMice on July 27th, 2016 at 10:49 am said:

It’s gonna be funny when no mans sky get garbage scores for being as wide as the universe but as shallow as a kiddie pool.

+ Seluhir on July 27th, 2016 at 1:36 pm said:

I can’t wait to see how many people are so disappointed with no man’s sky when it fails to live up to the absolutely impossible hype that’s been built around it…(no game could EVER live up to the expectations set for this game…)

That being said, I hope that after the expectations bubble bursts, there’s still a good game for you all waiting there.

It’s first person so I’m personally not interested, but…

+ LokesHusse on July 27th, 2016 at 7:11 pm said:

seluhir

Dude, hype is something subjective. If you get hyped because someone else is telling you to be, you’re doing it wrong. Just sayin’.

I love how big it is and that i can choose to do whatever, but what kinda turns me off are the pastel colors. Looks like an acid trip.

+ DJ_Tomato on July 27th, 2016 at 8:44 am said:

Swriouaky

+ cjones205 on July 27th, 2016 at 8:45 am said:

I feel like for year you are putting out games that would total up the cost of subscription or based on what would sale and nor sale. This Is Bad Business and as a loyal customer I feel you are taking full advantage.

+ saab01 on July 27th, 2016 at 8:47 am said:

This year hasn’t been that great 2k16 was nice in the past but I’m not in love with sports games.

+ MakaiOokami on July 27th, 2016 at 9:23 am said:

Your argument makes no sense what so ever.

Patapon 3 is $15, Yakuza 5 is $40 digitally. The cheapest it’s ever been is $25. Those 2 games if you own a PS Vita/PS3 can justify the entire year almost by themselves cause Patapon 3 never goes on sale.

Rebel Galaxy has never gone on discount so it’s $20, Tricky Towers hasn’t been released yet and is going to be $10-$15 most likely.

it’s nearly $100 worth of games this month for a pidly $4-5 that you spent for this month. Yes that’s going by the lowest prices I can find. What exactly is your argument?

+ Blaine on July 27th, 2016 at 9:48 am said:

@Makai

How much they’re priced at is completely irrelevant. It’s how much we value them that matters. If I’d have been willing to buy Yakuza 5 for $5, then it wouldn’t matter if it was priced $100 when we got it for free. I was only willing to pay $5 for it, then it’s worth $5 to me, not $100 because I’d never have paid that. (But actually I don’t want to play my PS3 anymore, so it’s worth $0 to me–as is the rest of this month’s lineup.) You can add up all the retail prices you want, it’s completely irrelevant.

+ Seluhir on July 27th, 2016 at 1:58 pm said:

@Blaine Sony can’t know how much you personally are willing to pay for something. They’re not psychic. So no… it doesn’t matter how much you’d be ‘willing to pay’ for them because that information is inherently personal and thus completely irrelevant to the greater business decision.

They can only know how much it is listed at. Which they can use as data.

+ SinByGames on July 27th, 2016 at 8:45 am said:

Great month! Never bought Yakuza 5, so finally get to play that. Rebel Galaxy I was always on the fence so that is great for me! A tetris-clone is perfect since the official one from Ubisoft is bad. Great month overall!

+ Scopezplayz247 on July 27th, 2016 at 5:59 pm said:

U know u dont want that game

+ DJ_Tomato on July 27th, 2016 at 8:45 am said:

Seriously, two PSP games for vita? You guys want too far, I’m not resubscribing, ps plus is garbage

+ saab01 on July 27th, 2016 at 8:45 am said:

I guess back to playing overwatch for me since these titles will not keep me busy to move to another game.

+ bocahfooty on July 27th, 2016 at 8:46 am said:

Calling Patapon a “PS Vita” game, what a joke.

+ Mattia9720 on July 27th, 2016 at 8:46 am said:

Wow,nice ****** games.

+ Striker-R2 on July 27th, 2016 at 8:47 am said:

You are “proud” to tell us about these games? Xbox Gold memebers are the lucky ones… they are laughing at us.

+ TrueAssassin86x on July 27th, 2016 at 8:49 am said:

Glad i own both consoles :)

+ MakaiOokami on July 27th, 2016 at 9:26 am said:

Well you can always spend $300 on an Xbox One, $40-60 a year on a gold sub, and buy an external hard drive, and then have both lineups to enjoy.

Oh wait… no you’re not going to spend $400+ dollars to get “free” games are you.

Microsoft charges an extra $10, doesn’t give away quite as many games, and yet despite all of this PS4 still outsells the Xbox One 2:1.

I guess no one really cares about the gold and plus lineups. It’s almost as if in the grand scheme of things, they are nice, but ultimately don’t matter much.

+ AizawaYuuichi on July 27th, 2016 at 12:12 pm said:

@ Striker: Uh, XBO Gold members are lucky? I don’t agree with that. A game based on the most boring fake “sport” ever? And a game I already own? That would not excite me at all if we got that lineup on PS+.
    I’m laughing at them paying more for worse games (or games they already own) almost every month.

And then of course, there’s the fact that we pay the sub to play online, and for discounts. The free games are literally the last benefit of PS+ that I worry about.

+ StealthReborn-- on July 27th, 2016 at 8:47 am said:

We ask you to stop giving us 10 year old games and PSP games, yet you continue to do so. Listen to customer feedback. I’ve been a PS+ member since literally day 1 within the first hour and the past year or so especially these last few months have been absolutely terrible.

+ MakaiOokami on July 27th, 2016 at 9:27 am said:

But they gave you disc games!

2 of them!

Within the past 3 or 4 months!

Like the feedback they’ve been getting!

+ AizawaYuuichi on July 27th, 2016 at 12:09 pm said:

Except that when they were giving away nothing but indies for the Vita, Vita owners started begging “At least give us PSP games!”

Guess what, people have different tastes. Sony LITERALLY cannot please everyone.

+ FaroukAmr on July 27th, 2016 at 8:47 am said:

Not what I expected :/

+ HiItsDj on July 27th, 2016 at 8:48 am said:

Pretty bad month, when I was already feeling bored of my PS4 :(

+ JremmyTheCreator on July 27th, 2016 at 8:48 am said:

Man, these don’t really catch my eye, i’m not complaining, they just don’t look that good IMO. Good thing NMS is coming out August 9th, so i’ll be busy with that anyway.

+ Mercenary09 on July 27th, 2016 at 8:48 am said:

Really bad month for PS4 games Greg. Yakuza 5 is great but that’s it. Please do better.

+ drew327 on July 27th, 2016 at 8:49 am said:

Great lineup, thanks much.

+ KentBlake on July 27th, 2016 at 8:50 am said:

Very good month for me. One good game that I don’t own for each platform: Yakuza 5, Patapon 3 and Rebel Galaxy

+ Le_Mental on July 27th, 2016 at 8:52 am said:

Who own Rebel Galaxy?!

+ Le_Mental on July 27th, 2016 at 8:50 am said:

Why am I still paying for this?????

+ Trendy_Kid on July 27th, 2016 at 9:07 am said:

So you can play Destiny. :p

+ MakaiOokami on July 27th, 2016 at 9:28 am said:

Cause you are a mental case?

I mean that’s the point of your name right? Le_Mental

+ SOUTHGAPRINCE56 on July 27th, 2016 at 4:13 pm said:

Because its good to play when bored

+ ElektroDragon on July 27th, 2016 at 8:50 am said:

Wow, that’s TERRIBLE compared to Games with Gold for August which gives us Dynasty Warriors Orochi 3 and WWE 2K16. You know, fancy AAA retail games like Plus USED to give us?!?

+ lgwyant on July 27th, 2016 at 8:51 am said:

This is why i love ps+. Rebel Galaxy hasn’t come across my radar until i saw it here. I love the premise and as of August 2nd i can play it for free. Same thing happened last year with rocket league.

+ Fastfander on July 27th, 2016 at 8:51 am said:

I don’t know about you guys but i’m not happy with games since i start my 12 months Plus membership. It ends in 2017 january and i’m not thinkin’ about renew. This games looks like a mobile games and that’s not what i paid for it. As a friend of my say “still waiting for greatness”.

+ Le_Mental on July 27th, 2016 at 8:53 am said:

100% agree

+ OMFGitsRae on July 30th, 2016 at 8:14 am said:

Lol

+ ZhaneEndrick on July 27th, 2016 at 8:52 am said:

Nice! I just told a friend last night that I was thinking about picking up Rebel Galaxy. Not sure about the degree to which I’ll play the rest of the games, but I’ll gladly check them out.

+ avadon1410 on July 27th, 2016 at 8:53 am said:

I hope it’s a joke… Man, it’s time to get back to Xbox One, at least sth worth playing is there…

+ OMFGitsRae on July 30th, 2016 at 8:14 am said:

You sir, are so funny. I laughed out loud to this comment. But you are so true

PAGE 1 2 3 14