God of War

Sep 11

Sep 11

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 9/13/2016

Ryan Clements's Avatar Posted by Senior Specialist, SIEA Social Media

Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow?

Return to a legendary series this week with BioShock: The Collection on PS4, a compilation of the critically acclaimed stories that enraptured gamers around the world.

BioShock: The Collection includes the single-player campaigns from the original BioShock, BioShock 2, and BioShock Infinite. Also featured is a suite of downloadable add-ons like Minerva’s Den from BioShock 2 and the Burial at Sea chapters from BioShock Infinite. Remastered for PS4 with commentary from creator Ken Levine, BioShock: The Collection is the definitive edition of this timeless classic.

For a full list of new games coming to PlayStation this week (and it’s a doozy), read on. And enjoy the Drop!

The Drop

New Releases: Week of September 13, 2016
Arcade Archives Kiki Kaikai
PS4 — Digital (Out 9/14)

Arcade Archives Kiki Kaikai

Kiki Kaikai is an action game released by Taito in 1986. Players control Sayo — a young Shinto shrine maiden — fighting against monsters in order to save the kidnapped Seven Lucky Gods. This title includes both the Japanese version and the overseas version.

PS4 — Digital, Retail

BioShock The Collection

Return to the cities of Rapture and Columbia and experience the award-winning BioShock franchise like never before. BioShock: The Collection retells the epic journeys of the BioShock universe beautifully remastered for PS4.

PS4 — Digital (Original Dead Rising at Retail)

Dead Rising Triple Pack

Enjoy three times the zombies with the Dead Rising Triple Pack, including Dead Rising, Dead Rising 2, and Dead Rising 2: Off The Record. What a time to be undead!

PS4 — Digital

Dont Starve Together Console Edition

Don’t Starve Together: Console Edition is the standalone multiplayer expansion of the uncompromising wilderness survival game, Don’t Starve. Enter an unexplored world full of strange creatures, dangers, and surprises. Gather resources to craft items and structures that match your survival style. Play your way as you unravel the mysteries of this strange land. Do whatever it takes, but most importantly, don’t starve.

PS4 — Digital

Hot Shots Tennis

A tennis game for everyone! Filled with classic Hot Shots personality and true tennis gameplay, play against a quirky case of tennis pros and challenge your friends and family in singles or even four-player doubles matches. Tennis will never be the same!

PS4 — Digital

Mahjong

Rediscover the famous, traditional Chinese game. Find all the matching pairs of tiles, being careful not to become blocked in, to get to the end of each level. Concentration and perceptiveness are needed to finish the gorgeous boards that we have produced for you.

PS Vita — Digital, Retail

MeiQ Labyrinth of Death

First, the winds stopped. Then, birds vanished from the skies. Finally, the sun set… and an eternal night fell upon the world. It’s up to you and your mechanical Guardians, whose individual parts can be customized, to make your way through the four tower mazes and set things in motion again in this challenging dungeon-crawling RPG!

PS4, PS Vita — Digital (Cross Buy)

Mystery Chronicle One Way Heroics

The kingdom is being swallowed by the Shine Raid, a destructive wall of light! But forget about saving the king, forget about saving the townsfolk — a true hero is one who lives to save the day, so you better keep moving! Leave dinky dungeons behind to explore an infinite number of procedurally generated worlds, each with their own unique terrain, traps, and treasure.

PS4 — Digital, Retail

NASCAR Heat Evolution

For the first time on PS4, race as your favorite NASCAR Sprint Cup Series drivers across all 23 licensed NASCAR tracks in stunning HD with incredibly detailed environments. Get ready for the most fun you’ve had with a NASCAR game in years!

NBA 2K17
PS4, PS3 — Digital, Retail (Out 9/16)

NBA 2K17

Following the record-breaking launch of NBA 2K16, the NBA 2K franchise continues to stake its claim as the most authentic sports video game. NBA 2K17 will take the game to new heights and continue to blur the lines between video game and reality.

PS4 — Digital, Retail

NHL 17

Shape your legacy in NHL 17, the biggest and most exciting EA Sports NHL game to date. Own every zone with more end-to-end control with authentic goalies, all-new net battles for offensive and defensive zone play, and new goal celebrations that capture the excitement of scoring the biggest goals. Live your hockey fantasy.

PS4 — Digital

Pac Man Championship Edition 2

The much-awaited sequel to Pac-Man Championship Edition! Featuring eye-popping 3D graphics and funky visuals, the latest version of the classic game takes chomping and chasing through mazes to a whole new level!

PS4, PS3 — Digital, Retail

Pro Evolution Soccer 2017

The award-winning series returns, taking the famed gameplay to a new level. Control reality with a host of new improved features to gameplay, including Real Touch and Precise Pass. The new features refine the focus for the series, which is enjoying playing PES with friends.

PS4, PS Vita — Digital, Retail

Psycho Pass Mandatory Happiness

2112, Tokyo. Decide the fates of Nadeshiko Kugatachi and Takuma Tsurugi, two new detectives assigned to Division 1. Every decision has its own repercussion, victims can become criminals, and the story may end quicker than expected.

PS4 — Digital

Rive

Rive is the metal-wrecking, robot-hacking shooter you’ve been waiting for! This 360-degree shooter/platformer hybrid lets you choreograph a dance of destruction during an insane sequence of spectacular battles and set pieces. Rive feels like the explosive games of yore, pumping megapixels in true 21st century style.

PS4 — Digital (Out 9/12)

Stardust Galaxy Warriors Stellar Climax

Stardust Galaxy Warriors: Stellar Climax is an engaging one to four-player couch co-op action game, combining SHMUP and Brawler-like gameplay with light RPG elements. Choose from different game modes, gameplay settings, mechs, weapons, and upgrades to customize your experience freely. Soar through space, defeat evil and save the future… from itself!

PS4 — Digital

Unholy Heights

Hell is too boring, so the Devil transforms himself into a monster apartment slum lord! Unholy Heights combines Tower Defense and Apartment Management to create uniquely fun and addictive gameplay. As the Devil, you have two ambitions: collect millions in rent and breed a monstrous legion of fearsome beasts! Unleash your monsters on the human adventurers and evict them with extreme prejudice!

Worlds of Magic: Planar Conquest
PS4 — Digital (Out 9/14)

Worlds of Magic Planar Conquest

Become the supreme sorcerer! Explore and conquer an almost limitless number of uniquely generated universes using military and magical power to overcome your foes. Find cities, raise armies, cast spells, and create powerful magical artifacts in your bid to become the Supreme Sorcerer Lord in Worlds of Magic: Planar Conquest, a 4X turn-based strategy game.

PlayStation Music Logo

• Mac Miller – The Divine Feminine
  • AlunaGeorge – I Remember
  • Usher – Hard Love II

PlayStation Video Logo

• Warcraft
  • Central Intelligence (Unrated)
  • The Shallows
  • Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates

PlayStation Vue Logo

• American Horror Story – September 14 at 10/9c (FX)
  • Documentary Now! – September 14 at 10/9c (IFC)
  • Z Nation – September 16 at 8/7c (Syfy)

The information above is subject to change without notice.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Mercenary09 said:

September 11th, 12:05 pm

Man what a great week. I’ll be getting the Bioshock Collection as well as Dead Rising 1 at retail. Don’t Starve Together looks great too.

V4L3NT1N3_71LL said:

September 11th, 12:06 pm

2nd!

rafael_martines said:

September 11th, 12:10 pm

For a moment a tought that was the PSP Version of Hot Shot Tennis (Get a Grip), I’ll look forward for that PS2 version.

bacontacocat said:

September 11th, 12:12 pm

Ah yea! two collections in one day

SharkZone360 said:

September 11th, 12:24 pm

Will the bioshock collection have multiplayer? Because bioshock 2 had multiplayer.

Shadead said:

September 11th, 12:39 pm

It will only be the single player.

FranklynStreet said:

September 11th, 12:54 pm

Pretty sure from the way it’s worded that it’s single-player only.

veryhoudini11 said:

September 11th, 4:25 pm

They confirmed that bioshock 2 will not include the mp mode from the original game.

andrew_pohuliai said:

September 11th, 12:32 pm

How many players does DONT STARVE TOGETHER support on consoles? And whats the price for existing owners with ps+?

andrew_pohuliai said:

September 11th, 12:42 pm

So according to cooptimus its up to 6 players online, and up to 2 players couch/split-screen coop. Couch + online coop NOT supported unfortunately, i hope this cooptimus info is outdated and not true. Now I wonder about the price.

mettreidici said:

September 11th, 1:05 pm

Are you sure? The official announcement said “Now players will be able to survive together on the same couch, and even take their split-screen game online if they want and create or join an existing game to play with others.”

As for the price, they said that for those who already own the game (ps+ count), you get a 60% off a Mega pack that contain DST and others expansions. With the 60% discount, you can get DST for 10.79$.

NekoRave said:

September 11th, 12:32 pm

Hot shot Tennis.

are you actually serious sony?

good grief.

at this rate of PS2 releases we might get 20 games all of 2017.

Heres a hint sony and other publishers.

Castlevania
Silent Hill
Crash Bandicoot
Mortal Kombat
SSX Tricky
and thousands more that could have been released instead of teasing us in july with metal slug anthology to release 2 games in august and finally tennis in September.

I hope I am not the only one reasonably upset about this.

Soleiko said:

September 11th, 2:04 pm

You’re probably not alone. I, on the other hand, don’t really understand the appeal of playing PS2 games on the PS4. If I wanted to play PS2 games I’d go to the bargain bin and pick them up for 2 bucks and play then on my PS2. Beats paying 10-20 bucks for them digitally on a console I bought to play “cutting edge” games on (which they really are lacking in that department).

Now, that being said. I am looking forward to remasters of PS2 and PS3 games. Non updated games though? They might be worth it if they were on Vita.

Elvick_ said:

September 11th, 2:19 pm

^Barely any of them are $20. And they all go on sale frequently.

I’d much rather use the DS4 than the DS2.

Sam_73 said:

September 11th, 2:47 pm

@Soleiko

1. PS2 games on PS4 frequently show up on sale for under $10. Even when they aren’t on sale, very few titles are priced at $20.
    2. I don’t know where you shop to buy retro games, but I cannot buy PS2 games at $2 unless they are sports games. Most of PS2 games start at $5 from my local retro gaming store, and for that price I would rather buy PS2 games on PS4 while they are on sale for upres graphics and trophy support.

veryhoudini11 said:

September 11th, 4:32 pm

Some of the games you listed arent even ps2 games, and all of them you listed arent published by sony so telling them you want these extremely popular titles seems pointless for many reasons. Do you really think sony hasnt thought about bringing silent hill or mortal kombat to ps2 until you brought it up to them?

KazeEternal said:

September 11th, 10:14 pm

@Soleiko

You’re not really aware of what goes on in the vintage game seen. What you suggest can be an expensive time consuming headache and I’m speaking as someone who just got an Original Xbox with Panzer Dragoon Orta.

PlayStation Backward Compatibility has always come with some sort of advantage as well. Certain PS2 games actually performed better on PS3 either due to the extra memory (Shadow hearts I think was one such title, maybe disgea was another). PS1 games got faster load times on PS2 and that was carried over with filters for PS3, PSP, and Vita. PS2 Emulation on PS4 tends to look better than the source game even with a component cable with a hardware upscaler.

These libraries exist and it is sad that with each console generation we decide to torch the library and start over. Scattering the ability to play this games to less then favorable means.

ZanFear said:

September 11th, 10:53 pm

I’ve been wondering about this recently too. I’m a big fan of these PS2 emulated releases since I get to play all these games I never got to back in the day (especially PS2 exclusives since I had an Xbox). 1080p upscale, trophies, and (apparently) a higher frame rate? I’m loving it. I also got them on sale for about $4 each. Just waiting on The Warriors and Ape Escape 2 (which was the last game released) to go on sale. Maybe Psychonauts too.

ZanFear said:

September 11th, 11:05 pm

Oh yeah, can’t forget Farenheit: Indigo Prophecy!

I’d like to see Simpsons Hit and Run, Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2 (what are the chances?), and maybe even Spider-Man 2 before the new one comes out.

ZanFear said:

September 12th, 10:09 am

Read Dead Revolver was just released on PSN Australia.

dsanders787 said:

September 11th, 12:45 pm

Excited about these games. But my big question is why won’t you let Fallout and Skyrim have mods. That was the whole reason I concidered repurchasing the game and now it isn’t worth spending the 60 dollars on it.

TrueAssassin86x said:

September 11th, 1:13 pm

Right on Cue 8 comments in till someone brings up Fallout 4/Skyrim Mods on Ps4 lmao

ZanFear said:

September 11th, 10:57 pm

^ You should see the comments on their YouTube videos haha.

Mods give players more ways to play, but personally they’re not a deal breaker for me. Some mods are good, some are funny, and others just suck or are offensive. I use a few on PC, but likely wouldn’t on console.

KagatoAC said:

September 13th, 9:55 am

The Deal breaker point isn’t so much whether you want to use them or not, the point is we are getting sold half a game at full price without it. They still want 60$ for Skyrim SE with the Mod support removed. Those of us that bought Fallout 4 bought it for full price, and yet now Xbox One gets a whole new layer of Functionality that PS4 players won’t get to see.

Fix it Sony, or you’ve just made a lot of peoples decisions as to what their next console will be, a lot easier.

Snow5050 said:

September 14th, 5:41 pm

They still advertise on the ps store mod support better take that down false advertising and gt sport is next year pre order is no longer November preorder under false pretence update sight

BrianWilson409 said:

September 11th, 12:48 pm

Girlfriend and I are really pumped for Don’t Starve Together

ZanFear said:

September 11th, 10:58 pm

Room for one more? ;) God only knows what I’d be without you, Brian.

PS_ihh said:

September 11th, 12:51 pm

Hot Shots Tennis is great. Thanks!

hawjboi2009 said:

September 11th, 12:51 pm

i am getting NBA 2k17 on Friday.. can’t wait to play it

childofibiza said:

September 11th, 12:52 pm

Oh ya. Pacman Championship Edition 2 for me and the wifey!

ElektroDragon said:

September 11th, 12:54 pm

Will Hot Shots Tennis add trophy support? Will Mahjong have mouse support?

nepchanfan said:

September 11th, 1:17 pm

MeiQ….^^

TrueAssassin86x said:

September 11th, 1:18 pm

Annnnnnnd Let the fall rush of games being.

For me ReCore for Xbox 1. The Bioshock Collection, Nascar Heat Evolution, and maybe throw in NBA 2K17. For the Ps4 plus i still need to grab Deus Ex: ManKind Divided.

Happy Gaming All :^)

GaMeR_bOi_83 said:

September 11th, 5:05 pm

How the hell you gonna find time to play all those there game’s? I still have game’s from 2014 that I still haven’t touched lol

LeMatster said:

September 11th, 1:42 pm

Where is SLAIN ??

Sgt_0951 said:

September 11th, 1:51 pm

Doesn’t sound like NASCAR Heat has a career mode, but I’ll probably get it anyway. 2k16 was lacking in some presentation aspects, so I’m hoping those are fixed in 2k17.

Asshawk said:

September 11th, 2:13 pm

Huh, didn’t know Mystery Chronicle: One Way Heroics was coming out this week. Guess I’m picking up that and MeiQ: Labyrinth of Death this week. Maybe Kiki Kaikai too since I’m a big fan of the Pocky & Rocky series.

Elvick_ said:

September 11th, 2:14 pm

Woo, Hot Shots Tennis! Finally some love for Tennis, even if it is just a PS2 release instead of a new game.

It’s a start.

DarkTwilightGun said:

September 11th, 2:36 pm

How much is Don’t Starve Together?

Sam_73 said:

September 11th, 2:53 pm

*In Dr. Evil’s voice*

One Meeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllion Dollars!!!

In reality, it’s priced $14.99 on Steam. I expect it to be priced the same on PSN.

Play5928 said:

September 11th, 2:39 pm

I am interested in the nascar game and Dead Rising 2. Already preordered Nba 2k17.

Xcaligamer1 said:

September 11th, 3:08 pm

Hot shots tennis and pacman ce2 for me

PhoenixML21 said:

September 11th, 3:22 pm

OMG release Bioshock Collection already!!! I can’t wait any longer!!! Well… maybe two days

AmericanNinja1 said:

September 11th, 3:46 pm

Is there going to be a update on the firmware thats releasing next week? A blog post or something detailing the new features?

YorlecmNwahs said:

September 11th, 4:43 pm

So only Dead Rising 1 will be available in physical disc format? Can you at least get 2 and Off The Record seperatly as digital downloads?

djsaiyan said:

September 11th, 9:29 pm

Dead Rising 1 is available on the 13th at retail.

Dead Rising 2 is available on the 27th at retail.

Dead Rising 2: Off The Record is digital only.

All of them will be available separately digitally, or bundled together.

AceBeeDee said:

September 11th, 4:52 pm

Good ol’ Bioshock! Just thinking about that first one…I believe it was my second ever platinum. What a memory

GaMeR_bOi_83 said:

September 11th, 5:08 pm

Nice drop. But I’m saving for the PS4 Pro. Got $11 saved up! For every candy bar or sugary drink I want to buy I say no na d and it to the PS4 Pro can……..dam $11 of candy and sugary drinks in 2 days?
I may get it day one if I keep that up lmao

Happy Gaming!!!!

donnydj76 said:

September 11th, 5:28 pm

Pac-Man CE 2 is a definite and Rive looks great as well. Both games have platinums and they look really good.

LaurenLark said:

September 11th, 5:55 pm

A question if I may, this music (Playstation Music)…where/who chooses these artists and such. Who are these artists, this music? I have no understanding of this what appears constantly to ME to be nonsense….enlighten me?

LaurenLark said:

September 11th, 6:00 pm

Ok, yes Usher of course yes, I know, barring him, all else….

Sgt_0951 said:

September 11th, 9:10 pm

AlunaGeoge is awesome. Only caught the tail end of their set at Bass Center end of July in Commerce City CO. Wish I got there two hours earlier.

whereymyconary said:

September 11th, 6:01 pm

Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness For me! Already have the limited edition coming on Tuesday.

Kishnabe said:

September 11th, 6:16 pm

Finally a Tennis game for PS4.

Wow, the Vita has been destroying it the last few months.

TeamGreen615 said:

September 12th, 4:46 am

Agree! I’ve got so many games in my backlog and then with World of Final Fantasy, Y’s VIII, Toukiden 2, DemonGaze 2, and Rainbow Skies coming in the future I’ve got plenty to play. Going to pick up Dragon Quest VII for the 3DS on Friday so my portable gaming is covered.

otaku_no_bfm said:

September 11th, 6:45 pm

I’m really pleased to see psycho-pass released for Vita in NA!

TWODEEEE said:

September 11th, 7:37 pm

How about you guys drop the mods we want on ps4 for Fallout 4 instead of preventing that from happening, thanks

xDD90x said:

September 11th, 9:54 pm

Does the BioShock collection include the challenge rooms dlc?

They are single player, but may not be considered part of the “campaign”, so it’s a bit unclear.

xDD90x said:

September 11th, 10:05 pm

Never mind. I forgot and Google. They are included:

Just wish I didn’t buy all 3 games for ps3 last year. Didn’t play infinite yet though. I still loved them, but the framerate became pretty choppy at times. Strangely, it was the worst during the final cutscene of BioShock 2. Had to re-watch it on YouTube just to understand what happens.

xDD90x said:

September 11th, 10:05 pm

*about Google

nikki_boagreis said:

September 12th, 1:19 am

Nothing for myself, currently playing God Eater Rage Burst & Attack on Titan.
Im happy that Sony didn’t approve mods for Fallout & Skyrim, im also happy to see the weekly Archive random pick of the week. Nascar whhhooo hooo lets turn left for 500 laps.

No serious, i platinumed Skyrim & Fallout 4, so im rather happy that Sony didn’t approve mods. If they ever do then hopefully they disable trophies like any other modern day cheat. My opinion is, it’s not fair for those who did it legit & as for Skyrim it’s not a special edition just adding mods .. well unless it’s Bug-thesda.

Can’t wait for World of Final Fantasy, just an fyi the digital theme is dynamic & has bgm, the XMB has sounds like FF7 when you navigate the menus.

CoolRichy007UK said:

September 12th, 4:47 am

how bout Fallout4 ps4 mods sooner or later u will give us the mods sony or you will loze money fans and game sales

gtagod said:

September 12th, 5:15 am

I just want mods for Fallout 4 and Skyrim…

Crazy-Maisy said:

September 12th, 6:24 am

Finally Psycho-Pass week! I’ve got a retail Limited Edition PS4 version pre-order arriving tomorrow! I’m going to get the PS Vita version later on.

Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness!

SamTN420 said:

September 12th, 6:46 am

PS4 mods, now !

Seluhir said:

September 12th, 7:34 am

Nothing really for me this week. Which is fine, gives me plenty of time to play ToCS2 :)

gerbinator79 said:

September 12th, 8:35 am

Coolio. Looking forward to bioShock. Other then that. I don’t care. :) Have a fun week everybody!

gerbinator79 said:

September 12th, 8:38 am

MODS PLEASE……

ytl1986 said:

September 12th, 11:09 am

PS2? Tenchu!

chunterosa said:

September 12th, 11:24 am

what time will we be able to buy nascar digitally?? midnight, or are we gonna have to wait for the ps store to update sometime tuesday afternoon??

Keshon4TheWin said:

September 13th, 1:20 am

Yeah im dying for answers

Gringo234 said:

September 12th, 12:45 pm

Don’t Starve Together for me.

Nedda_EE said:

September 12th, 9:18 pm

You are not able to purchase this product for the following reason:
You have already purchased
Don’t Starve:Console Edition

why???? supposed to buy mega pack in discount but now I can’t buy …

GeorgeSC-USA said:

September 13th, 5:27 am

same here, cant buy :(

ZombieMuncher42 said:

September 12th, 10:06 pm

Is there a way to buy just one of the Dead Rising games? I can’t find it in the store except for in the bundle.

Keshon4TheWin said:

September 13th, 1:18 am

where is nascar on the ps store????

kgc1987_2005 said:

September 13th, 5:55 am

When and will there be a digital download for nascar heat evolution?

YoungBlaise said:

September 13th, 8:56 am

Totally gonna get the Psycho Pass game! Love that show!

PAGE 1 2