Farpoint

Sep 27

PlayStation Experience 2016 Hits Anaheim, CA this December

Sid Shuman's Avatar Posted by on Sep 27, 2016 // Director, SIEA Social Media

Update: PlayStation Experience attendees now get a special bundle ticket offer for The Game Awards, taking place on December 1 in Los Angeles, just two days before PlayStation Experience 2016. The Game Awards tickets can be purchased as an add-on to PlayStation Experience tickets for just $10 extra. If you have already bought your PlayStation Experience tickets, you may log into your account to retroactively add the bundle to your purchase. Supplies are limited, so get them while you can right here. Offer is only valid through 11/21/16, while supplies last.

Here we go again! For PlayStation Experience 2016, we’re honored to be setting up shop in the fine city of Anaheim, CA this December 3 and 4. Inside the Anaheim Convention Center, attendees will get hands-on time with the PS4 Pro on 4K TVs and dozens of PlayStation VR demos, PlayStation Showcase, developer panels, merchandise, and a whole lot more.

The show will kick off at 10:00 AM on Saturday with the PlayStation Showcase, and from there, you’ll be let loose to play all weekend long!

Capcom Cup will also be returning to PlayStation Experience this year, with the finals taking place on Saturday at 6:00 PM. Watch the top qualifying players from the Capcom Pro Tour compete for more than $250,000 in prizing and the chance to be crowned the Street Fighter V world champion.

PlayStation Experience 2016 At a Glance

Where: Anaheim Convention Center, Anaheim, CA
When:

• Saturday, December 3, 2016, 10:00 AM – 10:00 PM
  • Sunday, December 4, 2016, 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM

Prices:

• Two-Day Early Bird Ticket: $60 // Early bird available until Sunday, October 16 or while supplies last (whichever comes first)
  • Regular Two-Day Ticket: $75
  • Saturday Only Ticket: $45
  • Sunday Only Ticket: $40
  • Note: We highly recommend you register with your PSN ID when purchasing tickets.
  • Tickets Available Now: http://playstation.com/experience-tickets
  • Update: Discounted hotel rooms are available

Over the coming weeks, we’ll have lots more to share about the publishers, developers, games, and activities you can expect at this year’s show.

So there you have it! We hope you can join us.

PAGE 1 2

+ Solid_Figur3 on September 27th, 2016 at 5:00 pm said:

Neat. I live nearby Anaheim and I’ve been to that convention before several times.

$40-75 (plus $15 parking) though.

+ EpicLBPfan1 on October 13th, 2016 at 9:44 pm said:

Lucky, I wish Sony would have a convention closer to where I live at least once, rather than always having them in California, the other side of the country! Since I live in MA I would have to either skip class and drive for 48 hours straight then rent a room or buy a plane ticket/ rent a room. It looks sooo cool, kind of makes me want to move to California after I graduate.

+ krae_man on September 27th, 2016 at 5:01 pm said:

Well this is the first I’ve heard of this!

+ tstarkey0810 on September 27th, 2016 at 5:02 pm said:

Post lists early bird-2-day pricing at $65 but the site had them for $60? Just an FYI.

+ krae_man on September 27th, 2016 at 5:03 pm said:

Seriously though.

Thank you for not having the regular price and early bird available for purchase simultaneously this time.

Step in the right direction.

+ krae_man on September 27th, 2016 at 5:35 pm said:

If you make a decision to increase the early bird capacity again this year, make the decision before it runs out in the first place.

Way easier then what you did last year.

+ Butters360 on September 27th, 2016 at 5:04 pm said:

SWEETNESS. Thank you guys. PlayStation Experience 2016 will be year three of the tradition.

+ jefXfree on September 27th, 2016 at 7:17 pm said:

I missed Vegas.

+ Spectrum on September 30th, 2016 at 8:58 am said:

Owned… :) it ok dude. Second one was better. Vegas was good but definitely like San Francisco more.

+ TheLegendBlue on September 27th, 2016 at 5:05 pm said:

Any hotel specials?

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on September 29th, 2016 at 2:26 pm said:

Yes! This is a late breaking update, but we do have some discounted hotel options. Sorry for the delay: http://arestravel.com/9078_hotel-list.html

+ jefXfree on September 27th, 2016 at 7:18 pm said:

If you’re not from the area but plan on driving in i’d definitely look at areas just outside the city…

+ jefXfree on September 27th, 2016 at 7:19 pm said:

It’s literally across the street from Disney, so hotels can be expensive.

+ krae_man on September 29th, 2016 at 5:12 pm said:

Hi Sid,

Date is wrong at the top. Says Dec 4-5 instead of 3-4.

en-ca version of the playstation experience website still says $65 for the 2 day as well.

+ viceforce on September 27th, 2016 at 5:07 pm said:

Can we finally get a PS Experience in the east please. Like NYC

+ mixedkidbx on September 27th, 2016 at 5:14 pm said:

Right…. but this being the 3rd year and all 3 have been in the west coast, i dont see PlayStation ever changing.

+ mixedkidbx on September 27th, 2016 at 5:08 pm said:

Oh look! Another WEST COAST event! I guess it too much hassel for you to go 3 hours into the future and have it on the east coast. Ugh…

+ jefXfree on September 27th, 2016 at 7:10 pm said:

When a majority of those staffing the event, paid by Sony, are located on the west coast they’re going to save money where possible.

I understand your frustration, but it makes financial sense for Sony to keep it on the West Coast.

+ krae_man on September 27th, 2016 at 5:10 pm said:

Are you going to offer discount hotels this year?

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on September 29th, 2016 at 2:27 pm said:

Yep, sorry for the delay: http://arestravel.com/9078_hotel-list.html

+ krae_man on September 27th, 2016 at 5:23 pm said:

Never mind I see the confirmation page reads:

“Reserve your hotel room today. Rooms will fill up quickly, so we encourage you to make your hotel reservations as soon as possible. Click here to reserve your room today!”

And the event page doesn’t have hotel info on there yet. Sorry.

+ jefXfree on September 27th, 2016 at 7:20 pm said:

It’s also worth noting that this convention center is literally across the street from Disney, so you’re going to want to stay a little bit away from the convention center if you can… If you’re driving in.

+ kudoshinchi on September 28th, 2016 at 6:20 am said:

where you see the page about hotel info? I register and I don’t see it on my confirmation page

+ krae_man on September 28th, 2016 at 7:39 am said:

It was at the bottom of the confirmation email page. They may have removed it since.

+ Spectrum on September 30th, 2016 at 9:02 am said:

@jefXfree I’m stay right across the street at the Hilton, and I’m driving In. Will I be ok. Lol

+ elpecas on September 27th, 2016 at 5:12 pm said:

Can’t wait! i went to the last two and they were amazing. hopefully i get to be first in line this year as well.

+ StingrayX on September 27th, 2016 at 5:14 pm said:

Saweet! A little farther drive for me, but no biggie. I can’t wait!

+ chaindrive30 on September 27th, 2016 at 5:14 pm said:

Booked, see you there!

+ D-Squad3 on September 27th, 2016 at 5:16 pm said:

I can’t think of anything they can show that will blow my mind this year other than ND new game or Sucker Punch’s new game. Hopefully we’ll see more God of War as well but I doubt it.

+ PS_ihh on September 27th, 2016 at 5:19 pm said:

Can´t attend since I live way too far, but I´ll be waiting for the pannels and streams schedule. Those are very cool.

+ Dead-Sync on September 27th, 2016 at 5:22 pm said:

Nice! Although…it’s wishful thinking that PSX will ever come to the East Coast considering SIEA is HQ’ed out of San Mateo. I guess one year I gotta save up for a vacation in Cali and swing by during a PSX one year.

That said, in the meantime I’ll be checking it out via the interwebs from home this year. haha. Pretty excited to see what’s coming out of this event!

+ FROZEZONE22 on September 27th, 2016 at 5:27 pm said:

Went to the one last year in San Francisco and had a great time. Will be going again this year.

+ ShadowStar83x on September 27th, 2016 at 5:29 pm said:

The ticket isn’t expensive, but getting there is…well, always next year.

+ FearMonkey on September 27th, 2016 at 5:29 pm said:

I guess Sony was listening to PS I Love You XOXO this morning and realized “OMG we forgot to tell people about this! Quick make a post on the PS Blog!” :p

+ Xcaligamer1 on September 27th, 2016 at 5:45 pm said:

Had to lol

+ Surreal on September 27th, 2016 at 6:51 pm said:

Was thinking the same thing lol.. Finally PSX is in my woods of the neck!! Hopefully we’ll see Colin & Greg there

+ Tjoeb123 on September 27th, 2016 at 5:41 pm said:

Any chance you can work on moving the Experience eastward? Preferably in Atlanta? (not my city, but I do live in Georgia)

+ DuanCSusa on September 27th, 2016 at 5:41 pm said:

It’s at my home! Must go this time lol

+ Crotin on September 27th, 2016 at 5:47 pm said:

Registered, can’t wait!

+ Xcaligamer1 on September 27th, 2016 at 5:47 pm said:

Whish it was closer. As said already…psx badge isn’t pricey but trip is.

+ NAMEK on September 27th, 2016 at 5:48 pm said:

AWESOME! This will be my second year in a row, hope to make this an annual ritual. Do hope my fellow gamers in the East get some love too though.

+ HERMOSAROKERA on September 27th, 2016 at 8:09 pm said:

Yes, it will be awesome!

+ OvidiusPrime on September 27th, 2016 at 5:53 pm said:

It was about time man! Definitely not missing this one! Thanks Sid, see you guys there!

+ Andy10003 on September 27th, 2016 at 6:02 pm said:

Does the Saturday ticket include a seat at the press conference?

+ quikblend on September 27th, 2016 at 6:06 pm said:

As long as the press conference is during saturday (which is usually is) then yes.

+ criperro on September 27th, 2016 at 7:09 pm said:

If it’s going to be like last year, then it will be limited space. First in line, first in. The rest will watch from outside in screens.

+ jefXfree on September 27th, 2016 at 7:12 pm said:

Last year the opening conference was just in a first come first serve room… No special badge required.

+ Ethereal on September 27th, 2016 at 6:24 pm said:

Closest it has been yet! I have been every year and this year will be no different. See you there!

+ ero619 on September 27th, 2016 at 6:28 pm said:

So hyped for the Capcom Cup!

+ BariBaby on September 27th, 2016 at 6:33 pm said:

how do we get media badges?

+ INeedIceCream on September 27th, 2016 at 6:35 pm said:

I’m want to go never been but don’t know if my kids can go and if so price or if free to certain age does anybody know thanks

+ TimCreed on September 28th, 2016 at 7:02 pm said:

You must be at least 18 years old to attend.

+ drd7of14 on September 27th, 2016 at 6:42 pm said:

I do have that the East Coast, like New York, can one day Experience the PS XP one day. It feels like all the events are always on the west coast or over seas.

We only sometimes get press releases, PS Meeting.

+ drd7of14 on September 27th, 2016 at 6:44 pm said:

hope*

+ jefXfree on September 27th, 2016 at 7:13 pm said:

You have PAX East… :)

But a majority of those staffing the event, paid by Sony, are located on the west coast they’re going to save money where possible.

+ Kanedas_Bike on September 27th, 2016 at 6:44 pm said:

YES!!!!! My favorite time of year!

+ zombie9 on September 27th, 2016 at 6:55 pm said:

AH the Indy game SHOW. last year that was all they showed!! I do want to see some 4K though……

+ criperro on September 27th, 2016 at 7:07 pm said:

Yes! Been waiting for this post since August, this will be my second PSX. I remember last year to be in the line at 4am

+ krae_man on September 27th, 2016 at 7:30 pm said:

The confirmation emails still say pick up at Moscone West.

+ Disgorge44 on September 27th, 2016 at 7:32 pm said:

Well, announced a month and a half later than last year. Assumed it wasn’t happening. Can’t afford a trip in 2 months…

+ verasan on September 27th, 2016 at 8:03 pm said:

Did anybody could create an account to buy the tickets i was trying but i couldnt buy the tickets because i introduce differents pass works and the system didnt accept them.

can anybody help?

+ jab__661 on September 27th, 2016 at 8:10 pm said:

Bought my tickets!

+ OC_KID on September 27th, 2016 at 8:25 pm said:

Can I bring my little brother he’s 17?

+ jab__661 on September 27th, 2016 at 8:41 pm said:

Keep it in the west coast, and I’ll go every year. :)

+ cowmamba on September 27th, 2016 at 8:54 pm said:

How about some dang VITA! Come on Sony!

+ FordSoldier84 on September 27th, 2016 at 9:12 pm said:

What exactly do you get with the early bird ticket???

+ AizawaYuuichi on September 27th, 2016 at 10:33 pm said:

You get $15 off.

+ xXPerson99Xx on September 27th, 2016 at 9:24 pm said:

Hi Sony. My 17 year old wants to attend with me. If he’s old enough to buy an M rated game, why can he not attend PSX? If he can’t get in, I’m not flying out.

+ AizawaYuuichi on September 27th, 2016 at 10:35 pm said:

I really hope this year isn’t as disappointing for me as last year. PSX Year 1 was a great show, but PSX Year 2 (ending with the double fail of Ninoonana 2 and Paragon) was a huge letdown.
They better finish with something big from first-party this time. Preferably Sucker Punch, as that’s the only studio I can really think of that we don’t know what they’re working on.

+ Sonic-Boom on September 27th, 2016 at 10:39 pm said:

i already booked my ticket .
is there going to be a conference like past years ? just wondering and thank you very much

+ Shadowbhiemes on September 28th, 2016 at 12:37 am said:

Why do we have to pickup badges at a seperate location? That’s really dumb. I’d buy a ticket otherwise

+ ccanfield1 on September 28th, 2016 at 2:31 am said:

Oh man, I can’t wait ! I had such a great time the last 2 years at PSX. I especially enjoy having the chance to interact with people from the company and all the great Playstation fans. The last couple of years I had been especially excited to try out VR. Now that it will be out before this years event, I wonder what will be the thing I can’t wait to play ? Horizon Zero Dawn is my guess, for now, but hopefully it will be something unexpected that is announced at PSX.

+ rafael_martines on September 28th, 2016 at 3:06 am said:

Plz Sony, ask Capcom to bring back Ingrid to Street Fighter V on Season 2 :) She was the poster girl of Capcom games on PSP *_*

Plz plz #IngridForSFV #RiseUp

+ NO_FEAR on September 28th, 2016 at 4:09 am said:

… West Cost PlayStation Experience. Should we talk about the city lights at night map again, you know the one that show where most of your market base lives. The event is a fun weekend but it doesn’t justify anual round trip cost to cost air fare and hotel for the patrons or exibitors. This creates a situation of limitations and diminishing returns. Moving the event around other regions opens possibilities of unique experiences with local patrons and developers.

Your PSMVP.org community is here to help. Come by and let’s chat about this stuff.

Thanks

+ kudoshinchi on September 28th, 2016 at 6:27 am said:

any hotel information?

+ pablikenemy79 on September 28th, 2016 at 7:13 am said:

AND WHAT ABOUT PS VITA ????

“Please Nintendo PLEASE hurry whit the Nintendo NX, cuz im really tired to came here and prey for a litle support”

PAGE 1 2