Paragon

Sep 29

29991312845_ddae6d0769_z

PS Vue: HBO, Cinemax, New Ultra Plan Arrive Today

29991312845_ddae6d0769_z

Dwayne Benefield's Avatar Posted by on Sep 29, 2016 // Vice President, head of PlayStation Vue

Are you a fan of Game of Thrones, Silicon Valley, or Ballers? Starting today, HBO and Cinemax will be available on PlayStation Vue, so you’ll be able to catch up on all the original series and tune in live for the highly anticipated series premiere of Westworld — where western meets science fiction.

Additionally, we’re also excited to share that a new PlayStation Vue plan, Ultra, will be available to users starting today. Ultra includes HBO and Showtime, plus all the 100+ channels from Elite available for $64.99 or $74.99 per month depending on location.

Here are all the plans available on PlayStation Vue starting today. With a compatible TV-connected device and an internet connection, there are no additional fees, such as set-top box fees, or long-term contracts.

Access Core Elite Ultra
55+ channels, including live cable TV, movies and sports channels. 70+ channels, including all the channels from Access with the addition of live national and regional sports networks. 100+ channels, featuring all the channels from Core with the addition of top movie and entertainment channels. HBO and Showtime, plus all the 100+ channels from Elite.
$29.99 per month,
$39.99 in cities with most major live local broadcast stations*
$34.99 per month,
$44.99 in cities with most major live local broadcast stations*
$44.99 per month,
$54.99 in cities with most major live local broadcast stations*
$64.99 per month,
$74.99 in cities with most major live local broadcast stations*

As we previously announced, you’ll also have the option to subscribe to HBO and Cinemax as standalone channels via PlayStation Vue. HBO and Cinemax are available for $15 each per month. We’re pleased to be the first internet-based pay-TV service to offer HBO and Cinemax’s live programming as standalone offerings without a bundle subscription.

If you subscribe to HBO through PlayStation Vue using any of the available options, you’ll get access to the live HBO feed through PlayStation Vue, as well as access to the HBO Now service on all supported devices at no extra charge. The HBO Now app is also launching today on PS4 and PS3.

We wanted to provide flexibility to our users by giving you multiple options to catch your favorite shows, and we hope you enjoy these new additions to PlayStation Vue. For more information, please visit www.psvue.com.

*Cities with most major live local broadcast stations: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, Dallas, San Francisco, and Miami

PAGE 1 2

+ Wingman_SRK on September 29th, 2016 at 9:33 am said:

Any plans to bring PlayStation Vue to Canada?

+ RemiaPhoenix on September 29th, 2016 at 9:47 am said:

Would love to see it here in Canada. I imagine it won’t be easy though.

+ NeSBinG on September 29th, 2016 at 10:18 am said:

I second this! I am in Ontario and the cable company Rogers is such a rip-off. 50 dollars a month for 28 channels (basic cable). Already..your basic plan KILLS what rogers has to offer. You guys would make a killing here.

+ fecks on September 29th, 2016 at 10:34 am said:

I agree, i really wish canada could get this service. We are force fed garbage cable for crazy expensive prices.

+ Korahn27 on September 29th, 2016 at 12:09 pm said:

If only. Rogers and Bell pretty much control the CRTC, blocking any sort of real competition. I’m honestly surprised we even managed to get Netflix, albeit quite a bit later than other countries.

+ Senjutsu_Dav on September 29th, 2016 at 4:32 pm said:

Would be nice, yeah

+ Senjutsu_Dav on September 29th, 2016 at 4:33 pm said:

PS: The CRTC does not regulate web video on demand, like Netflix and Playstation Vue.

+ jdizzle84 on September 29th, 2016 at 4:47 pm said:

Will we be able to use the Max Go app if we subscribe to Cinemax through Vue?

+ keepinitrealsun1 on September 29th, 2016 at 5:05 pm said:

If ps Vue would carry pix11 live,starz and msg networks I’m all in until then can’t commit hope they hurry and carry these channnels love the Vue interface and how easy it is to navigate steaming is top notch clarity I’m very impressed.plz ps Vue carry my channels plz plz plz

+ SPECOPS-5 on September 29th, 2016 at 7:21 pm said:

I have the core subscription and I am loving it! Can’t beat the price! I just added HBO today for just 15.00 more a month… CAN’T BEAT IT!

+ jerk_man on September 29th, 2016 at 9:34 am said:

Hmmm, I know I want hbo, but do I want Showtime too? For that price I might as well just subscribe to the ultra package.

+ ptuck874 on September 29th, 2016 at 10:03 am said:

you would be surprised of all the stuff Showtime has on now, if you give it a chance you might like it :)

+ skywlkr on September 29th, 2016 at 9:40 am said:

Will PS Vue broadcast in 1080p in the future? Possible 4k.

+ soldierone on September 29th, 2016 at 9:40 am said:

You guys should do a “grab bag” tier. Like the 55 channel one. Let people pay for it then pick what they want. For example I have cable but only watch like 5 channels, the added 100 channels benefit me in no way. It’s just annoying when there is that one channel you want, but it’s only offered on a higher tier. So now you pay an extra 20-30 bucks for 49 channels you will never touch, just to get the 1 channel you want.

+ pickled_beet on September 29th, 2016 at 10:52 am said:

I agree and would totally be here for this

+ garretcarrot on September 29th, 2016 at 12:55 pm said:

There’s actually a reason for that. Just like actual cable/satellite providers they have to deal with the networks, and it’s the networks that force the bundling/rules. Likewise I find them substantially cheaper then actual cable/satellite providers even with that still being true so I mean, I’m personally happy with the pricing.

+ KillerBane91 on September 29th, 2016 at 9:42 am said:

Any plans for a yearly subscription?

+ SpicyBooger on September 30th, 2016 at 4:41 pm said:

That seems like a step backwards, no? You’re talking contracts and cancellation fees when PlayStation Vue is already cheaper than the competition.

+ YoudontKnow_Me on September 29th, 2016 at 9:43 am said:

Please give us an Apple TV App! Vue is great but the Roku interface is horrible.

+ sport6 on September 29th, 2016 at 9:46 am said:

I agree, we are all waiting for the Vue Apple TV app. Need to ditch the Roku for it.

Or I guess fix the Roku app.

+ godofwar1804 on September 29th, 2016 at 9:59 am said:

Firetv I think is the best . The (Roku) app is terrible

+ Ice_27 on September 29th, 2016 at 9:43 am said:

Add MSG Network in the NY area and you have my money

+ BrianMcGuinness on September 29th, 2016 at 11:22 am said:

Same

+ LeftCoastDude on September 30th, 2016 at 1:25 am said:

MLB owns MLB and NHL streaming rights for every single team in the MLB or NHL. NBA TV owns the streaming rights to all NBA teams. You’ll never see those games streamed outside of major networks, ESPN, or Fox Sports. You’ll have to purchase the NHL, NBA or MLB subscriptions through their apps on whatever platform thrills you. But you’ll be blacked out if broadcasts on TV in your local area.

Major League Baseball snapped up MLB and NHL streaming rights long ago, and carefully controls how it goes out. Get the apps, try them out. Maybe you’ll get what you want.

+ KILLAKLWN on September 30th, 2016 at 12:04 pm said:

MSG is owned by Cablevision, so I don’t see that happening.

+ pradass1 on October 13th, 2016 at 12:07 pm said:

Yes please! I need to watch the Knicks and Rangers

+ cafeb4bed on September 29th, 2016 at 9:44 am said:

You gotta bring Vue to Apple TV, it’s time Sony. You’re late

+ Brenfire on September 29th, 2016 at 9:45 am said:

One major reason that PlayStation Vue can’t catch on as well as it should is because it is tied to your psn account on PS4. It should be based on a log in system like Netflix/Hulu/etc.. so that if two people wanted to use the service in the same house they could. Instead only one viewing monitor at a time greatly hampers the service.

+ RyTeOuS on September 29th, 2016 at 9:53 am said:

I have vue in my bedroom and living room, and i can use them simutaneously, PS4 in my bedroom and FireTV in my living room, all in one account

+ YoudontKnow_Me on September 29th, 2016 at 10:01 am said:

I think you can have 5 devices running off of one account.

+ ksmooches on September 29th, 2016 at 10:01 am said:

Well, that’s not true. The limitation is one PS4 at a time. But you can use chromecast/roku/pc/etc. all at the same time with different profiles setup on the same account – similar to Netflix’s profile system.

+ gt90v12 on September 29th, 2016 at 10:05 am said:

They should tie it to the console(s) instead. I find it annoying to have to log into my account just to launch Vue to have wife or kid watch, then selecting an faux account within Vue. I’d prefer if they could just log into their account from the console and watch without the need of the faux accounts within Vue.

+ REDSHADOW559 on September 29th, 2016 at 7:49 pm said:

It’s true I’m watching vue in my room kids watching in their room

+ Akiraclass on September 29th, 2016 at 8:59 pm said:

You can use it on 1 ps4 and 1 ps3 at the same time. It’s limited to one of each due to the playstation network login you have to do on the systems. No limits on rokus firestick etc. So I can watch on ps4 ps3 2 firestick and my tablet all at the same time if I wanted. I’m sure Sony is already working on a solution so that you vcan watch on more than 1 ps4.

+ LINRunner on October 8th, 2016 at 7:33 pm said:

I have 4 TV’s with 4 ROKU streamers. We can all watch view at the same time on different TV’s

+ takingshape on September 29th, 2016 at 9:45 am said:

NYC area needs MSG/MSG+ for Devils/Rangers/Islanders games!

+ pradass1 on October 13th, 2016 at 12:07 pm said:

+ childofibiza on September 29th, 2016 at 9:50 am said:

When does it go live in the store?

+ E112279 on September 29th, 2016 at 9:57 am said:

Are we ever going to get native apps like syfy, CW? I have no desire for psvue.

+ KillerBane91 on September 29th, 2016 at 9:58 am said:

When will the weather channel to PS Vue, or is based on location?

+ MrMichaelJames on September 29th, 2016 at 10:04 am said:

What about CBS? How about a normal ABC feed (not just the on demand thing, not everything is in the on demand listing).

+ YoudontKnow_Me on September 29th, 2016 at 2:49 pm said:

I think they are rolling out local broadcasts networks gradually. We just got the local CBS added here in Phoenix this week.

+ rudetoy on September 29th, 2016 at 10:11 am said:

Are HBO and Cinemax included in PS Vue’s free trial? Also, is the trial 7 days or 30? There’s mention of both online.

Dwayne Benefield's Avatar

+ Mary Taing on September 29th, 2016 at 10:48 am said:

Yes, there’s a 7-day free trial for HBO and Cinemax.

+ rudetoy on September 29th, 2016 at 12:34 pm said:

Thanks. “Outcast”, here I come!

+ zugzug15 on September 29th, 2016 at 10:12 am said:

But when will you add the CW networks?

+ justaccording on September 29th, 2016 at 10:16 am said:

Wow…this is huge!! I was expecting the HBO Now service but didn’t expect for live broadcasting to be available too. Totally awesome!!

Dwayne Benefield's Avatar

+ Mary Taing on September 29th, 2016 at 10:50 am said:

Thanks for the feedback! Also, HBO and Cinemax are available for PlayStation Vue users nationwide.

+ childofibiza on September 29th, 2016 at 10:29 am said:

HBO will be live for all areas?

+ Calypsi on September 29th, 2016 at 10:17 am said:

I would totally do this in seattle but no live local networks is a deal breaker. Its really the main thing holding back this offering. HBO is no real addition seeing hbo go is available to anyone

+ Applejackson75 on September 29th, 2016 at 12:07 pm said:

It’s been covered repeatedly why this is difficult/impossible in many markets. Just get an antenna for local live broadcasts of the major networks.

+ YoudontKnow_Me on September 29th, 2016 at 2:50 pm said:

It depends on where you live. I have access to our local Fox, CBS and MyTv in Phoenix.

+ Akiraclass on September 29th, 2016 at 9:01 pm said:

Get kodi and install USTVNOW.

+ kevgret01 on September 29th, 2016 at 10:17 am said:

Now if you would PLEASE FIX ABC. All ABC shows cannot be watched via DVR. The last 2-5 minutes are always cut off.

FIX IT

+ gekko1986 on September 29th, 2016 at 10:28 am said:

What audio formats are supported? I don’t see surround sound support listed on the Vue page.

+ childofibiza on September 29th, 2016 at 10:28 am said:

Great stuff. Hope ABC will be live soon in my Dallas area. On demand and delay with the fall schedule is a drag.

+ Ambience-Design on September 29th, 2016 at 10:31 am said:

Any word on the HBO Now app? You guys said both it and the Vue channels would be available by Sunday. It’s getting dangerously close.

+ LonestarZues on September 29th, 2016 at 12:54 pm said:

It states on the article that HBO Now is also now available on your PS4.

+ andpark505 on September 29th, 2016 at 10:33 am said:

Vue RULES! Only thing can you add a Jump Forward 30 sec button? THANKS

+ Ahkiva on September 29th, 2016 at 10:33 am said:

I love Playstation Vue, but I’m very frustrated that some channels like AMC offer me an East Coast feed but others like USA only offer me a West Coast feed. It’s a major downside to an otherwise great service.

+ bball230 on September 29th, 2016 at 10:39 am said:

Sony… please please please, open up the full packages (non slim) with the local live broadcasts to more places Columbus Ohio *cough* *cough* so many of the people I talk to about wanting to switch from cable are just waiting on this to happen.

I can’t/won’t get PS Vue until we get this :/

+ Applejackson75 on September 29th, 2016 at 12:08 pm said:

Get an antenna.

+ Akiraclass on September 29th, 2016 at 9:09 pm said:

Local channels are hard to get due to all the different ownerships in the msrkets. So they have to negotiate with different owners. It’s not like AMC or those channels where it’s one company.

+ pickled_beet on September 29th, 2016 at 10:49 am said:

Do you have any plans on bringing Lifetime, or lifetime movie network, too playstation vue?

+ Ole_Ball_Coach30 on September 29th, 2016 at 10:58 am said:

I agree. You need the local channels for parts of the country Playstation doesn’t care about, like Missouri. I believe the location PSvue uses for me is St. Louis. It would be nice if the local channels would be included. Something tells me it’s not a priority. I guess I’ll have to purchase an antenna for $150 to put on the roof. People in middle America have Playstations too, believe it or not.

+ T-Lanky on September 29th, 2016 at 11:57 am said:

It’s not Sony’s fault that local channels aren’t broadcast in certain areas. They’re at the mercy of the networks/telecom groups that own the stations. If Sinclair Broadcasting Group, for example, doesn’t give Sony streaming rights in order to keep more eyes on traditional TV, that’s their choice and Sony can’t stream the networks.

+ copeb04 on September 29th, 2016 at 12:36 pm said:

St. Louis area now has live CBS as of yesterday

+ Applejackson75 on September 29th, 2016 at 12:53 pm said:

It’s not that they don’t care, but it’s near impossible to negotiate a deal with every individual broadcast market run by small stations that need ad revenue to survive.

+ G-Force08 on September 29th, 2016 at 11:18 am said:

When will the HBO Now app be on the PSN store? Still isn’t there. In addition, the HBO Go app doesn’t have PS Vue as a provider listed yet. Any ETA on when this will be remedied?

+ BrianMcGuinness on September 29th, 2016 at 11:23 am said:

99% there. Any word on MSG Networks for NY? Knicks season is starting soon! Please.

+ Jaysonguy on September 29th, 2016 at 11:24 am said:

Look, I’m all for a way to get rid of cable and the bloated lineup of TV they make you pay for but you don’t watch.

BUT….

Here’s the thing, until Sony supports an ISP and is able to give people a way to get online none of this matters. Sure you’re going to save a few bucks but it’s also more things to juggle at the end of the day. For a lot of people they’ll pay the extra few dollars to not have to do that.

+ Applejackson75 on September 29th, 2016 at 1:05 pm said:

LOL. You want Sony to start their own ISP? Don’t hold your breath.

+ Xcaligamer1 on September 29th, 2016 at 11:36 am said:

Important question…if I get charged on the 1st for my plan and change to the ultra plan, will I be caged right away or on next billing cycle?

+ Xcaligamer1 on September 29th, 2016 at 11:44 am said:

*charged*

+ G-Force08 on September 29th, 2016 at 11:49 am said:

You can upgrade your current plan to Ultra now and pay a prorated amount (a discounted amount for the period you didn’t have Ultra) and then you’ll renew your next month with Ultra. Or, you can just wait until the first since it’s two days away and then upgrade your account then and pay the difference at that moment.

I just did that. My account renewed yesterday and I upgraded today and only payed the difference – a little less than $20.

+ Xcaligamer1 on September 29th, 2016 at 12:02 pm said:

Thanks for the heads up g

+ childofibiza on September 29th, 2016 at 7:28 pm said:

Good question. I want to upgrade to ultra this weekend but I’m an elite subscriber who gets billed on the 7th of every month.. how do I upgrade?

+ SpicyBooger on September 30th, 2016 at 4:25 pm said:

If you upgrade mid-billing cycle, you will receive the upgrade immediately and simply be pro-rated. This means there’s no reason to wait before upgrading.

+ stpfarms on September 29th, 2016 at 11:39 am said:

#1) When does Boston get the major networks.
#2) Please make an Android TV app!

+ kurtkbee75 on September 29th, 2016 at 12:37 pm said:

Ditto on the AndroidTV app. Really can’t believe it is taking Sony this long to support the platform!!

+ SpicyBooger on September 30th, 2016 at 4:27 pm said:

At this time, if you’ve got an Android TV that works as a Chromecast receiver you can use it with the Android or IOS app.

+ lele1620 on September 29th, 2016 at 11:46 am said:

WERE IS THE ANIMEMETWORK ????

+ G-Force08 on September 29th, 2016 at 11:50 am said:

It’s better to just get the Crunchyroll app. Hulu has a bunch of anime too. Simulcasting and a good catalog.

+ Fuhr31 on September 29th, 2016 at 12:05 pm said:

HBO needs to untie themselves from Bell in Canada. Many people would gledly pay them directly for a better service than Bell provides. Until then, there are “other ways” to get our HBO fix.

+ Fuhr31 on September 29th, 2016 at 12:06 pm said:

“gledly” ????? LOL

+ badass989 on September 29th, 2016 at 12:13 pm said:

wait, does the ultra package have HBO and Cinemax, HBO and Showtime, or HBO, Cinemax, and Showtime?

+ G-Force08 on September 29th, 2016 at 12:30 pm said:

HBO & Showtime. Cinemax is still an add-on only.

+ kAhn316 on September 29th, 2016 at 12:35 pm said:

What resolution does the HBO through Vue stream? Is it still just 720p with no 5.1 support?

+ kurtkbee75 on September 29th, 2016 at 12:39 pm said:

Had to pay for slingTv the other day because Sony has yet to support AndroidTV.
Please update your app to run on the Nvidia Shield Android TV

+ YungShep on September 29th, 2016 at 12:49 pm said:

lowkey glad i work for a cable company…i get all of these channels cheaper than you could imagine. but playstation is definitely giving cable companies a run for their money. if i wasn’t working here, probably jump on one of these deals. #cutthecable haha

+ bradnindy on September 29th, 2016 at 1:11 pm said:

So subscribe HBO on vue and get hbo now included. And you are sure that is not hbo go?

+ shep0001 on September 30th, 2016 at 1:31 pm said:

It is HBO now but if you subscribe through PlayStation Vue you get live HBO streaming.If you subscribe for HBO now by itself and not through PlayStation Vue or Sling tv you won’t get live HBO and it still the same price.

+ cimerians on September 29th, 2016 at 1:12 pm said:

Still wont do it until you allow two PS4’s to play the vue using one account.

+ bt1234yt on September 29th, 2016 at 1:43 pm said:

Bring Vue to the Apple TV first, then we’ll talk.

+ zeil999 on September 29th, 2016 at 1:45 pm said:

Not having The CW and CBS on the service is the only thing holding me back from subscribing. Come on, Sony. Get on that.

+ Epcot007 on September 29th, 2016 at 1:46 pm said:

How about the History channel………..

+ Beefjerky3214 on September 29th, 2016 at 2:26 pm said:

I wonder if I’ll still be able to afford psvue should they add ALL of the channels you folks are requesting! Maybe if they package them like sling does . I just hope they never force local channels on us .

+ ajwilson55 on September 29th, 2016 at 3:07 pm said:

I’m really close to making a switch, but waiting for local channels in Seattle. Also, the lack of streaming of NHL games on NBC Sports is a big drawback. Hopefully that changes.

+ SCoopat on September 29th, 2016 at 3:45 pm said:

are y’all going to announce WatchESPN app for PS4?

+ runnerboyonfire on September 29th, 2016 at 3:51 pm said:

If we already have an HBO Now account, we can’t just login to that to get access on PS Vue can we? :( It’s not a deal breaker, but I’d rather not have to switch apps and I really enjoy using the Vue app on PS4.

+ shep0001 on September 30th, 2016 at 2:12 pm said:

You don’t get live HBO streaming do you.If you don’t ,cancel your account, subscribe though PlayStation Vue and create a new account and use a different email and password.Then you will be able to sign in on other devices using your new account info.When using HBO now through PlayStation Vue you will get live HBO.When logging into HBO now through by itself it should remain the same just without live streaming of HBO.It’s still the same price too,so better deal.

+ SCOOTER614 on September 29th, 2016 at 3:58 pm said:

HEY PLAYSTATION, over here!!! What if you already subscribe to HBO through your cable provider, can you still use PlayStation Vue without being charged twice for just using HBO or Showtime through PS Vue? They are both in my cable package but I only have one HD receiver through my cable company and my PS4 is in another room. Any help with this would be cool because I’ve been dying to try PS Vue since it was announced! Thanks everyone!

+ SpicyBooger on September 30th, 2016 at 4:37 pm said:

You should cancel your Cable provider and sign up for Playstation Vue instead! Unfortunately, you must purchase HBO through PS Vue to watch it through the PS Vue app. Now, if you wish to sign up for both PS Vue and retain your cable subscription, you can simply choose not to pay for HBO through Vue and use the HBO app alongside PS Vue.

But the bottom line is, if you’re picking up Playstation Vue, why keep your other cable provider too? That’s going to be the bigger redundant (and more expensive) waste of money.

+ Selekta3 on September 29th, 2016 at 6:09 pm said:

with all the DC shows on CW this really needs to be added to the lineup. That’s the only thing holding me back from getting this…

+ SpicyBooger on September 30th, 2016 at 4:37 pm said:

Cartoon Network is already available on PlayStation Vue

+ TheCloudX on September 29th, 2016 at 6:09 pm said:

Although not my thing, very happy Vue is expanding… Proud subscriber! If y’all would offer BBC America, that’ll be awesome. Especially with Dr Who coming back for the holiday!

PAGE 1 2