Farpoint

Nov 14

Future Unfolding: A Surreal World That Responds To Your Touch

Andreas Zecher's Avatar Posted by on Nov 14, 2016 // Business & Development, Spaces of Play

Hello! I’m Andreas Zecher from indie studio Spaces of Play. I’m really excited to leave dark cold Sweden, and fly out to Anaheim to show you our game Future Unfolding at PlayStation Experience!

Future Unfolding is an action adventure for PS4 that is all about exploration. Your goal is to unfold the mysteries and secrets hidden in the beautiful landscapes around you. There are no tutorials, and no one is telling you what to do. You discover the surreal, dream-like world and everything you can do in it yourself while you play.

From the very beginning we designed the nature and wildlife to feel responsive and alive. Trees, grass, and stones move when you push through them. Even the ground can move and open up below you. We developed our own game engine to render a painterly art style with a lot of detail at a targeted 60 frames per second. Our dynamic sound track underlines the sense of a world full of life.

During your journey you encounter different types of wild animals. Some of them are friendly and help you to solve puzzles that open up new areas. Other animals are dangerous — deadly, even. You need to avoid them, or find ways to turn them into friendly creatures.

You can leave the beaten path at any time and hunt down secrets in the forgotten woods. Or go explore in hidden caves. It’s okay to get lost — a detailed auto-map helps you to orient yourself. Over time you map out more and more of the vast environments. There is always a way out.

But where to go after?

+ BrianHolzinger on November 14th, 2016 at 10:08 am said:

Nice! Looking forward to having more information about this.

+ Raseleanne on November 14th, 2016 at 11:25 am said:

I love solid exploration games, especially ones that don’t force you through tutorials or handhold. Definitely interested in this! Doesn’t hurt that it’s very good looking, either. :D

Andreas Zecher's Avatar

+ Andreas Zecher on November 14th, 2016 at 11:33 am said:

Yeah, we really want to give you as the player the freedom to figure things out yourself and play at your own pace.

+ LeMatster on November 14th, 2016 at 11:37 am said:

I just saw the trailer on your website, it looks great! Can we expect PS4 Pro support?

Andreas Zecher's Avatar

+ Andreas Zecher on November 14th, 2016 at 11:53 am said:

Thanks! We’re still working on the technical details, but Future Unfolding will have support for PS4 Pro.

+ Seluhir on November 14th, 2016 at 1:49 pm said:

Looks interesting. I’ll need to see more… it’s kind of hard to reconcile the two screenshots there. But I’ll definitely keep my eyes open.

+ PAPAMiDNiT3 on November 14th, 2016 at 7:21 pm said:

Looking pretty good loving the aesthetic. can’t wait to see live gameplay

+ worcesterMANz09 on November 23rd, 2016 at 2:14 pm said:

Guys I’ve been waiting for this game since 2015 I loved it then at Gamescom I cannot wait to get this! I want to sit on my sofa In front of my TV all wrapped up in this game it looks like a game I’m going to be lost in for a while! Hurry up guys and treat us to this masterpiece!
All the best with the rest of development!