Horizon Zero Dawn

Dec 02

Dec 02

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 12/6/2016

Ryan Clements's Avatar Posted by Senior Specialist, SIEA Social Media

The child of prophecy returns. After years of development and anticipation, The Last Guardian is launching next week on PS4.

Directed by acclaimed developer Fumito Ueda, The Last Guardian tells the story of a young boy and a mysterious creature, bound together by a singular fate. Following in the mighty footsteps of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, The Last Guardian aims to tell an unforgettable story and leave its mark on PlayStation history.

For the full list of new games coming to PlayStation, read on. And enjoy the Drop… and PlayStation Experience weekend!

The Drop

New Releases: Week of December 6, 2016
PS Vita — Digital

#killallzombies

#killallzombies is thrusting civilians into a fight of survival against the unleashed population of ravenous zombies. And you’re the only one who destined to repulse them.

PS4 — Digital

3on3 Freestyle

Welcome to one of the most vibrant, diverse, exciting, and competitive sports in the world: street basketball. Pick your player from a pool of custom-designed, one-of-a-kind characters based on real-life street basketball players, team up with your friends online or in-person, and hit the court to play authentic, fast-paced gameplay.

Arcade Archives Neo Geo Samurai Shodown
PS4 — Digital (Out 12/8)

Arcade Archives Neo Geo Samurai Shodown

Samurai Shodown is a fighting game that was originally released by SNK in 1993. The game features 12 swordmasters, each with their own unique personality. They will battle among each other before taking on Shiro Tokisada Amakusa in the game’s climax.

Ark: Survival Evolved
PS4 — Digital

Ark Survival Evolved

Stranded on the shores of a mysterious island, you must learn to survive. Use your cunning to kill or tame the primeval creatures roaming the land, and encounter other players to survive, dominate, and escape!

PS Vita — Digital

Demetrios

Demetrios is a quirky adventure game packed with tons of humor! Bjorn Thonen, a slob of an antique dealer living in Paris, is robbed one night after coming home drunk. Forced to conduct his own investigation with the help of his neighbor Sandra, he ends up involved in a murky, mysterious affair. Will these unlikely heroes be able to rise up and discover ancient secrets?

Flying Bunny
PS4 — Digital (Out 12/8)

Flying Bunny

Gravity-bound shooting runner! Cute anime characters with cool abilities! Over 25 bosses with powerful attacks! Never-ending stages!

PS4 — Digital, Retail

Last Guardian

In a strange and mystical land, a young boy discovers a mysterious creature with which he forms a deep, unbreakable bond. The unlikely pair must rely on each other to escape towering, treacherous ruins filled with unknown dangers. Experience the journey of a lifetime.

PS4 — Digital

Nubla

Discover the wonderful world of Nubla, full of puzzles and forgotten places. Who has not dreamed of plunging into one of the paintings hanging on the wall of a museum and venture into an unknown world?

PS4 — Digital

Red Faction

Lured to Mars by the Ultor Corporation’s promise of a better life, thousands have come to seek their fortune and work for the massive mining company. But all is not as it seems. A deadly plague is sweeping through the barracks, and miners suffer daily abuse at the hands of the Ultor guards. Is a revolution on the horizon?

PS4, PS Vita — Digital

Space Overlords

Four brothers known as the Overlords have been incarcerated by the evil Kesedihan for many years while he has slowly destroyed the cosmos. You and your brothers must rise up and purge the evil contaminating the planets you have nurtured over the centuries.

PS VR — Digital, Retail

Werewolves Within

After several attacks on townsfolk, the medieval village of Gallowston has had enough! With a special guidebook in hand, players congregate to vote and eliminate any and all possible werewolves hiding disguised in the village. Werewolves Within is a fast-paced game of hidden roles and social deduction for five to eight players.

PlayStation Music Logo

• Tech N9ne – The Storm
  • Post Malone – Stoney
  • The-Dream – Love You To Death

PlayStation Video Logo

• The Magnificent Seven (2016)

PlayStation Vue Logo

• Great Christmas Light Fight- December 5 at 8/7c (ABC)
  • The Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show- December 5 at 10/9c (CBS)
  • The Simpsons Marathon- Daily Through December 6 (FXX)

The information above is subject to change without notice.

Add Your Own

Boy_Georgetown said:

December 2nd, 2:05 pm

Last Guardian lol it’s like a prophecy come true. Should make it an official holiday.

Is that a port of the original Red Faction or is this a new version?

Boy_Georgetown said:

December 2nd, 2:07 pm

and now I see the first sentence “The child of prophecy returns.” I checked the RF blurb to see if the answer to my question was in there too lol.

YoungSpade141 said:

December 2nd, 2:09 pm

Red Faction!!

TesseractE said:

December 2nd, 4:21 pm

My guess would be that it’s a PS2 Classic. Upgraded to 1080p/60fps, Trophies, etc, but not revamped graphics.

KILLER_CALI_KUSH said:

December 2nd, 7:34 pm

Pls need Scarface the game. And marvel vs capcom 2.

RISE_UP44 said:

December 5th, 6:05 am

I’m curios about Red Faction as well. Also interested in Werewolves VR.

Popbot said:

December 2nd, 2:06 pm

(am i the only one who doesn’t see a store update blog from this week?)

antper08 said:

December 2nd, 2:09 pm

Thank you for pointing that out. I don’t see it either. I was wondering if anybody knows where to find it, or if they posted it at all?

Popbot said:

December 2nd, 2:41 pm

theres a game award sale too that i think went live after the tuesday update. didnt see that posted either

joh4nlee said:

December 2nd, 4:11 pm

cos they’re too busy playing FFXV

MakaiOokami said:

December 3rd, 9:21 pm

Knowing the Blogcast team they might be playing Final Fantasy XIV on PC while playing XV on the PS4. I wouldn’t put it past them to have facial hair and a new pant size.

kalibhan said:

December 6th, 7:42 am

I cant buy Ark Survived. Im brazilian player and its not open to me… just Portugal, someone knows why?

TJF588 said:

December 2nd, 2:07 pm

The Last Weekend…before it finally releases!

ichigorocks999 said:

December 2nd, 2:11 pm

Where is ape escape 3, please for the love of god it’s been about a year since it was first teased

KDaddy463 said:

December 3rd, 5:34 pm

I’ve been dying to play it since finishing 2…..please, Sony?

Solh0und said:

December 2nd, 2:28 pm

Wow, Ark survival evolved and NOT that spin off is finally coming to PS4 huh? I JUST bought it on the other platform too.

Solid survival game if you’re into those.

takaithepanda said:

December 2nd, 2:34 pm

Werewolves Within looks like a Town of Salem copy…

funkmachine08 said:

December 2nd, 2:39 pm

Town of Salem is actually a copy of the game Werewolf. Fun fact.

Destinys_Memory said:

December 2nd, 2:35 pm

If The Last Guardian soundtrack doesn’t go up on PSN day one, I swear I’ll scream.

Mercenary09 said:

December 2nd, 2:45 pm

It’s supposed to be up same day.

Aero_Guardian17 said:

December 4th, 12:22 pm

I’m with you there! So stoked for it!

paperwarior said:

December 2nd, 2:42 pm

Final Fantasy XV and The Last Guardian one week apart from each other. Remarkable.

joh4nlee said:

December 2nd, 4:13 pm

sadly playing The Last Guardian gonna have to wait for a while

Mercenary09 said:

December 2nd, 2:44 pm

Been waiting so long for The Last Guardian and so happy it’s finally about here. Other games this week that are worth picking up are ARK and Demetrios for the Vita.

Also if you’re a trophy hunter Nubla is the easiest game to platinum. It’s been in EU for a LONG time now and trophy hunters have been asking for it here. Now is the time.

COWCATGames said:

December 2nd, 2:48 pm

Hey, thank you so much for including my game Demetrios in the “worth picking” :p

I’m a solo developer and being able to release it on the PlayStation Vita is a dream come true! (And a lot of hard work :)

Band2eto said:

December 2nd, 11:23 pm

@ COWCATGames

No, thank you! Thank you for supporting Playstation, but more importantly Vita!
    I think your game (Demetrios) is a perfect fit for the Vita, and I’m planning to get this Day One, as well.

Keep up the great work, and best of luck to you in the future!

MakaiOokami said:

December 3rd, 9:31 pm

I considered making my own game, downloaded a ton of stuff and was gonna do bite sized $1-$3 games on PS Mobile, and then they started phasing out PS Mobile and it ended up being like “Well so much for that.”

I wanted to make 1 game that was going to be a comedic text adventure just for the heck of it. I figured if I could make a comical D&D like Campaign where you have to be careful when hunting for Mandragoras not to accidentally grab the Manlydragora instead.

I figured if I put it up for $1 or $2 people could get some kicks out of it. Figured heck maybe I could get better at drawing or hire someone to do drawings and put the GUI upgrades as $2 DLC packages. XD

Though the humor I had (for things like Manlydragora) might have been a bit of an issue with the ESRB lol.

Welmosca said:

December 3rd, 10:05 pm

Trophy hunters you say?…hmm more like trophy who**s.

TrueAssassin86x said:

December 2nd, 3:10 pm

Nothing for me next week. I Couldnt careless about The Last Guardian. Hopefully with all 3 games out now Final Fantasy XV, The Last Guardian and Ark people will finally shut up about these games.

Dragjae55 said:

December 2nd, 3:40 pm

Is the 3 on 3 going to be free?

TWODEEEE said:

December 2nd, 3:48 pm

YES ARK IS AMAZING, if you want a survival game like day z or h1z1 but dinosaurs instead of zombies this is for you

LeandroDiFini said:

December 2nd, 4:10 pm

THE LAST GUARDIAN IS HERE! LET’S ALL DANCE!!!!!!

MrBeens said:

December 2nd, 4:39 pm

“Who has not dreamed of plunging into one of the paintings hanging on the wall of a museum and venture into an unknown world?”

* Raises hand *

BigBlackShadow said:

December 2nd, 4:50 pm

Waiting for Gang Beats!

Band2eto said:

December 2nd, 11:25 pm

Great party/groupie game!

Orayu- said:

December 2nd, 11:43 pm

First FF-XV, and now TLG. What a glorious time to own a PS4.

BathoryBlaze said:

December 3rd, 6:00 am

There’s a bunch of games on this list I want to play but I don’t think I can stop playing Final Fantasy XV for anything else at the moment.

StephAkaSlave said:

December 3rd, 9:20 am

WHY is there not a page on PSN for ARK survival evolved yet??? I want to preorder/preload it to my console :(

Hal_Jordan_1991 said:

December 5th, 9:49 am

I KNOW!!!! I want to be able to play ASAP. I’m curious about that as well.

Nightstream88 said:

December 3rd, 6:46 pm

Been waiting on The Last Guardian for a long time.
Is Ark Survival Evolved going to be the full game of it?
Since I was interested in getting that one as well

Hal_Jordan_1991 said:

December 5th, 9:43 am

Yes from my knowledge it is the full game; well the most up to date version of the game in line with the PC and Xbox versions. It is technically still in early access but it is close to completion. And it will have split screen couch co-op which I’m super excited about.

Welmosca said:

December 3rd, 10:03 pm

Wow The Last Guardian is already (and finally) releasing…ha seriously I’m so off of gaming news that time is flying for me.Looking forward to play it but unfortunately I can’t buy it on launch,gotta focus on older games.

Aero_Guardian17 said:

December 4th, 12:21 pm

The Last Guardian is FINALLY almost here! I am so excited to get this in my hands. I am eagerly waiting gather release of the soundtrack as well. It better release on the same day!

OutOfMyWay54 said:

December 4th, 2:15 pm

The Last Guardian looks like crap. Who came up with this ugly looking thing. lol

watchdog1987 said:

December 5th, 8:56 am

It’s too bad that the PS2 classics purchased on PS3 don’t cross over to PS4. It’d be nice to play Red Faction, Siren, etc on the PS4 without having to repurchase them.

Hal_Jordan_1991 said:

December 5th, 9:40 am

ARK survival evolved!!! I have been waiting so long for this can’t wait to finally get my hands on this amazing looking game!!!!

timrowley said:

December 5th, 10:46 pm

I think I’m done with game purchases for this year.
Nothing at all is coming out before March even that has any sort of graphically involved games. They’ve announced a couple for the end of Dec, but we all know they’ll get pushed back again anyway.
Even the last guardian doesn’t look good at all. The graphics remind me of Shadows of Colossus. And even the reviews said the controls were just as clunky. I’m sorry if my opinion offends. To me, this new console is supposed to mean better graphics, not worse. And 90% of what comes out anymore for the playstation just doesn’t have it. Even Nintendo is releasing better graphic stuff. And we all know they’re in last place when it comes to graphics anyway.