Farpoint

Dec 03

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite, 01

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite Hits PS4 in 2017 — 2v2 Battles, Infinity Stones, More

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite, 01

Neidel Crisan's Avatar Posted by on Dec 03, 2016 // Director of Digital Media & eSports, Capcom

In case you missed our announcement at PlayStation Experience, Marvel and Capcom have joined forces once again to bring you the next epic chapter in our highly acclaimed cross-over series: Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite! Universes collide with fun, frantic player-vs-player battles.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite will feature a variety of exciting and accessible single player modes and rich multi-player content for new players and longtime fans alike.

In addition to single player Arcade, Training and Mission modes, a visually stunning and immersive cinematic Story Mode will put players at the center of both universes as they battle for supremacy against powerful forces and a new villain.

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite, 02

Features

• Reborn Rivalries: Universes collide once again in this all-new crossover clash for the ages, where players select their favorite Marvel and Capcom characters and engage in accessible and action-packed 2v2 partner battles.
  • Infinite Power: Pulled from classic Marvel lore, unique and game-changing Infinity Stones can be implemented into players’ strategies as a way to influence the outcome of battle. Each Infinity Stone provides a unique advantage to the player and represents a different aspect of the universe: power, space, time, reality, soul, and mind.
  • Iconic Heroes: Choose from a diverse roster of fan favorite characters pulled from Marvel and Capcom universes, including Iron Man and Captain Marvel from the Marvel side, and Ryu and Mega Man X from Capcom. Many more playable characters will be revealed in the future.
  • Cinematic Story: Heroes and villains battle for supremacy in a timeless struggle set in the Marvel and Capcom universes. The original storyline answers the questions regarding the new clash and lets players step into the shoes of classic characters from both sides as they wage war against powerful forces in an attempt to defeat a new villain.
  • Accessible Single Player Content: In addition to the cinematic story experience, players can hone their skills in a variety of accessible single player modes, including Training, Mission and Arcade modes.
  • Vast Multiplayer Features: Robust online modes and content including ranked and casual matches, global leaderboards, and online lobbies with spectator mode deepen the overall experience.
  • Graphics: Unreal Engine 4 technology pushes the cinematic visuals and next-gen realism into a new era.

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite, 01

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite is currently in development and will release across North America and Europe in Late 2017.

Tune in to ESPN on Sunday, December 4 during the Capcom Cup 2016 broadcast to see an extended trailer from Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite. We’ll have more information to share soon, so be sure to follow us on Twitter and YouTube for all things Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite.

73 Comments

+ FifthDream on December 3rd, 2016 at 10:40 am said:

“Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite will feature a variety of exciting and accessible single player modes ”

Thank you. Really looking forward to this.

+ MapleStory on December 3rd, 2016 at 10:53 am said:

Ryu looks ridiculous but it’s pretty damn sweet that Mega Man X is finally in.

I really hope they throw in some X-men characters down the line though…I love my muties!!

+ FriendlyYoungMen on December 3rd, 2016 at 6:10 pm said:

Was about to say he was in the last one, but mixed it up with Tatsunoku.

+ sheepytina on December 3rd, 2016 at 8:40 pm said:

Sorry to bother you, but it’s “Tatsunoko”, and that was Mega Man Volnutt. Not classic Mega Man and not X. X is new to the series (though he was an alt costume for Zero in UMvC3)

+ DisDoc on December 3rd, 2016 at 10:54 am said:

I swear to god if the “Infinity Stones” are SFxT gems again…

+ SRKWildWolf on December 3rd, 2016 at 12:30 pm said:

From what i read, it might be similar to the groove system from Capcom Vs SNK 2, in which you select which stone to take with you into battle, and when activated, it might give you different effects, such as Super Armor on all specials, or Increased Movement Speed.

+ RyuZX on December 3rd, 2016 at 11:00 am said:

This has my attention. I’ll definitely get this and any of the older Capcom Marvel games. Thanks for including single-player in MvC:Infinite btw. The lack thereof in SFV is what led me to cancel my preorder.

It would be great if Asura is in the game. And if Asura’s Wrath Definitive Edition would come out on PS4/Steam, I would definitely get that.

And one last request, Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo needs a 3DS/Steam/current platform release. I no longer have access to it.

+ Cliff_Hanger on December 3rd, 2016 at 11:09 am said:

I am hopeful that this game will have a serious bug problem. Ants, wasps, yellowjackets…

+ EIUPaladin356 on December 3rd, 2016 at 12:53 pm said:

I see what you did there

+ Welmosca on December 3rd, 2016 at 9:56 pm said:

Ha nice one!!

+ Lankyadsy on December 3rd, 2016 at 11:13 am said:

Oh look, no x men!

+ FriendlyYoungMen on December 3rd, 2016 at 6:15 pm said:

No Resident Evil characters either, but can guarantee there will be.

+ Darth-Krayt on December 3rd, 2016 at 7:21 pm said:

Let’s temper our X-pectations here. We KNOW that they are going to push MCU characters with the Infinity Gems motiff in the game along with the Infinity War movies they are building towards. (Can’t wait to see what they do with Thor/Hulk btw). Now, obviously we have the comics we’re working with here too, right? Well even from that angle, they are going to push MODERN Marvel. The new Status Quo. Not the nostalgic nineties Marvel we envision when we think MvC. These days the X-Men are hardly a thing. They’re still around, but been greatly scaled down. The “No More Mutants” thing wasn’t retconned in the All New, All Different Marvel. I’m a HUGE X-Fan, but on this one, I’m going to be realistic here, and not expect any X-Men in this game, certainly not any of the classic 90’s types. All that said, you can bet on 1 particular X-Man, and that’s Wolverine……specifically I’m predicting now the default game skin, and story-wise, it will be Old Man Logan.

I’m guessing we’ll also probably get Cable to tie in with him being in Deadpool 2.

+ gerneric123 on December 3rd, 2016 at 11:13 am said:

Can you make UMvC3 for Vita available digitally again? It’ll probably earn you dozens of dollars, but it’ll probably cost cents to bring back.

+ paulogy on December 3rd, 2016 at 11:19 am said:

The Blue Bomber returns!

The title “Infinite” makes me wonder if this will follow a model like SFV where there’s a base SKU and many updates built on top of that.

+ SpiderJ95 on December 3rd, 2016 at 11:19 am said:

“Choose from a diverse roster of fan favorite characters pulled from Marvel and Capcom universes, including Iron Man and Captain America from the Marvel side, and Ryu and Mega Man X from Capcom.”

Think you meant Captain Marvel ;) but looks cool

+ megacarlos on December 3rd, 2016 at 11:20 am said:

Gimme a MegaMan x game!!!

+ djsaiyan on December 3rd, 2016 at 11:22 am said:

You had my money at Mega Man X.

You had my tears of joy at Captain Marvel.

+ djsaiyan on December 3rd, 2016 at 11:26 am said:

Also, Annihilus as the villain?

There goes that “oh it’ll be MCU characters only” idea, ’cause Fox totally owns him.

+ Sponge-worthy on December 3rd, 2016 at 11:31 am said:

Fox only owns the film rights. There’s nothing actually preventing Marvel and Capcom from using X-Men, Fantastic Four, etc. in the game. But as far as Disney/Marvel are concerned now, the MCU is all that they want to promote anymore. So in this new game, the focus is on the MCU characters. Of course, they might throw us an X-23 Wolverine as a bone or something.

+ dollaboyv on December 3rd, 2016 at 1:32 pm said:

+Sponge-worthy There are legal issues that prevents them from using those characters. Luckily we can get them as dlc after they sort it out.

+ VenomMelendez on December 3rd, 2016 at 5:55 pm said:

That’s not Annihilus, that looks a lot like Ultron’s head and Ultron has been in the MCU.

More specifically, it seems to be Ultron mixed with Mega Man X’s villain Sigma.

+ Mando44646 on December 3rd, 2016 at 11:42 am said:

I’m so happy to hear about solo game modes! MvC really lacked in that.

I only hope Marvel doesnt punish fans by removing all mutants from the game…

+ ThatDudeCurtis on December 3rd, 2016 at 11:47 am said:

Outside of the cinematic story It has the same announced modes as MvC3….

+ SLEEPYsleep on December 3rd, 2016 at 11:56 am said:

YESSSSS. I’m kinda sad to see it not be 3v3. It makes me think the roster will be weak. Please Put Carnage in!!PLEASE! Also while I’m at it… Psylocke. Cable. Omega Red. Venom. HAYATO KANZAKI. Bb Hood. Gambit. Cyclops. Colossus. Silver Samurai. Captain Commando. Sakura. Dark Ryu. Leon Kennedy. Nilin. New Dante from DMC.SIEG WARHEIT FROM CHAOS LEGION.More X Men, more Spiderman Characters. Any and everybody from Powerstone And ONIMUSHA! .Asura. Maximo . Joe from Ashita no Joe( which reminds me, I know I’m beating a 10 year old dead horse but can we get a Hajime No Ippo game and Initial D as well. Preferably for Vita but I’ll take 4 or even 3) Help me out people, who else¿?

+ KazeEternal on December 3rd, 2016 at 12:04 pm said:

So long this isn’t a butchered game like Street Fighter V, then count me in.

+ Jotamide on December 3rd, 2016 at 12:17 pm said:

Please be balanced, please be balanced…

+ Torracat83 on December 3rd, 2016 at 12:24 pm said:

As long as you don’t release just half of it from the get go, I’m interested.

+ LOL_DUDE_64 on December 3rd, 2016 at 12:27 pm said:

Glad to see Capcom has learned from Street Fighter V. Better single-player content out the gate will surely help the game do better at release. Also I’m really excited to see the cinematic story (I love me some good crossover stories)!

Also if they included any kind of Lost Planet-related content in the game it would be an instant buy for me. I just got through playing the first and second game of that series and I loved both of them, but the series could really use some more love in Capcom’s crossover stuff.

+ iZalman007 on December 3rd, 2016 at 12:51 pm said:

No X-Men is a real shame.

+ FriendlyYoungMen on December 3rd, 2016 at 6:17 pm said:

That hasn’t been confirmed anywhere as far as I can tell. There are no Resident evil characters in the trailer either but no doubt they will be in the game.

+ Welmosca on December 3rd, 2016 at 9:45 pm said:

Lol man the game was just announced and they said more characters are coming which is obvious.Lol you’re acting as if the game would only have these 4 characters.

Besides MvsC ain’t MvsC without Wolwerine,so yeah at least one X-Men is confirmed.

+ dollaboyv on December 3rd, 2016 at 1:34 pm said:

Much respect to them for making this happen. People stop complaining about the lack of content before the game is out. I think Capcom knows what they need to do.

+ Orayu- on December 3rd, 2016 at 1:48 pm said:

One of those, I’ll pass.

+ D-Squad3 on December 3rd, 2016 at 1:56 pm said:

“Where are all the Mutants?”

+ FriendlyYoungMen on December 3rd, 2016 at 6:19 pm said:

They’ve announced 4 characters, 2 or which are new to the series. Hold your horses.

+ Darth-Krayt on December 3rd, 2016 at 7:25 pm said:

“No More Mutants.”

+ phoenixforce12 on December 3rd, 2016 at 3:51 pm said:

I hope and pray u guys do indeed put in the xmen like u did not marvel vs Capcom 2, the xmen are an official part of it so don’t leave them out. Because remember u have some real xmen fans so don’t forget us. And throw in some 90’s costumes as well like cyclops, jean, storm, rogue, gambit, Emma frost, wolverine, iceman, beast, nightcrawler, psylock, colossus, polaris, havoc, any mix of them or all of them if your looking for a big roster because I look for these ppl n my fighting marvel games

+ Jace2279 on December 3rd, 2016 at 4:53 pm said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t that Ms. Marvel Carol Danvers? If so, then that’s not Captain Marvel, as that’s a completely different character!

+ VenomMelendez on December 3rd, 2016 at 5:59 pm said:

Carol Danvers is Captain Marvel and has been for years, it’s even the title of her book. So Captain Marvel is not a separate character, it’s her, she’s Marvel’sCaptain Marvel.

That and the current Ms.Marvel is Kamala Khan.

+ super_gyasi on December 3rd, 2016 at 5:05 pm said:

I am so hyped to get this game next year! It looks pretty sweet!

+ SteveNenA2015 on December 3rd, 2016 at 5:37 pm said:

Yes I was waiting for this. So the rumors is true MVC4… CAN’T WAIT…

+ RameilX on December 3rd, 2016 at 5:51 pm said:

I want offline 1vs cpu like every other fighting game on planet earth! This is a major fail ! I’ll just play Injustice 2I’M SO MAD! YOU KNOW WE’VE BEEN ASKING FOR DECADES!

+ Darth-Krayt on December 3rd, 2016 at 7:37 pm said:

So your Bold Prediction for this game is: No Arcade Mode? Noted. But I can’t subscribe to your channel.

+ iCondemned on December 3rd, 2016 at 6:01 pm said:

Please let it be good. Don’t screw it up!

+ dangerman-1973 on December 3rd, 2016 at 6:15 pm said:

I hope Carol Danvers gets her classic Ms. Marvel costume as a DLC.

+ Darth-Krayt on December 3rd, 2016 at 7:35 pm said:

I’m SURE what you meant to say was “I hope Carol Danvers get her classic Ms. Marvel costume as an unlockable skin for beating arcade mode with her.”.

Oh, wait. This is Capcom. Nevermind. I think you were right the first time.

+ Mr_Klown on December 3rd, 2016 at 7:36 pm said:

****ing gems (Infinity Stones) AGAIN? Why?! That is legit disappointing.

+ binkyb on December 3rd, 2016 at 8:43 pm said:

You know what would be better a street fighter vs X man reboot or sequel I think that was one of the best in the capcom vs series but I’ll take this too

+ Welmosca on December 3rd, 2016 at 9:42 pm said:

Nah.

+ ShinunoKage on December 3rd, 2016 at 9:35 pm said:

Is seriously NO ONE talking about the lack of 3v3? There are PLENTY of tagging, 2v2 fighting games. MvC has always been about over the top 3v3 action for Me. It sounds like that’s now gone in favor of 3v3. And if I have My guess, it’ll be kept that way, at least in the beginning, to mask the limited roster.

+ Welmosca on December 3rd, 2016 at 9:42 pm said:

I forgot to talk about that in ma comment…yes I’m really bothered and worried about the lack of 3v3.

+ xxnike629xx on December 5th, 2016 at 9:50 am said:

I think it’s better to keep it 2v2 tag team like it originally was.
    3v3 is too crazy IMO.
    They seem to be trying to make the game more appealing to less hardcore gamers but still have enough gameplay elements to make it appealing for the hardcore tournament players.
    Hopefully this means that Marvel vs Capcom Infinite will have a large roster that will continue to be supported and have new characters added in and have the characters rebalanced as needed.

+ Welmosca on December 3rd, 2016 at 9:39 pm said:

Holy crap this was very unexpected,after all the crap that disney did and the DLCs of UMvsC 3 and the game itself were removed from the Store I thought we would never see another MvsC.Damn I’m excited as hell…I couldn’t believe ma eyes when I saw the post here on the Blog,I’m a huge MvsC playa and fan…been playing it since the very 1st one on PS1 and I still play UMvsC 3 from time to time which despite the lack of characters its one of the best fighting games ever made.

I just wanna say that I can’t wait and despite being a capcom game this is a day 1 buy for me.

PS:Really glad to see that Megaman is FINALLY back but please this time around don’t drop the ball with the characters,start already with everybody that is in UMvsC3 and please for the love of fighting games bring back Gambit,Captain Commando and Venom.

+ Welmosca on December 3rd, 2016 at 9:53 pm said:

I forgot to say 1 thing…I’m already seeing signs of perdition in this game,I couldn’t even say dont do advertising cuz you guys already announced the game doing that.Yeah I’m talking about Captain Marvel and how she was clearly put in the game to advertise her upcoming movie,this is one of the worst things currently happening in the game industry.I’m not saying she’s a bad addition to the roster,just saying that we need the classic characters and not new ones just because of advertising and yup I know your contract with disney may force you to do that but for real too much advertising ruins the game.

MvsC 3 won a lot with the advertising because in that time the Avengers movie and most of Marvel movies weren’t released yet so we got a lot of cool characters but this time around we dont have much to win with advertising.

+ Caio_Shadowman on December 3rd, 2016 at 11:25 pm said:

YES YES YES YES… and please go back with UMVC3 and DLCs for Vita on PS Store.

+ FredOnTheNetwork on December 4th, 2016 at 8:36 am said:

I request that the following individual attack buttons be included:

Jab, Strong, Fierce, Short, Forward and Roundhouse.

Thanks Capcom, if you read this blog!

+ takaristis on December 4th, 2016 at 9:45 am said:

I cant wait for this

+ lukeike on December 4th, 2016 at 11:20 am said:

Please add legacy controller support for Ultimate MvC3 on PS4! Was really hoping to use my fightstick for this game, since it was for MvC3 on PS3.

+ AlecLikesCats on December 4th, 2016 at 4:20 pm said:

I personally feel as if these MCU characters and MCU’s influence on infinite gives a comforting sense of synchornicity. I mean yeah its ****** if more classic characters get the boot, and I definitely feel that the MCU is one of the worst things to happen to film as a medium. But it is, in a way, very nice to play and learn a character (in a fighting game) that is currently or soon to be prevalent in the world outside of the game, or just real life, simply put. Also to appreciate this kind of thing doesn’t necessarily require you to be okay with the bastardization of our favorite games.

For me though, I would like to see Leon instead of Chris (lol how unlikely though). I would also like to see the Punisher. I’m sure he’s prevalent enough in MCU at this point for it to make sense.

+ SilentNova on December 4th, 2016 at 9:51 pm said:

Pretty sure I saw Sigma.

+ DarkAlbireo on December 5th, 2016 at 7:15 am said:

is Marvel vs capcom 3 coming back to PsVita ? or is marvel vs capcom infinite coming to PsVita ?

+ TheSterls on December 5th, 2016 at 7:17 am said:

They better give me Wolverine…

+ xxnike629xx on December 5th, 2016 at 9:00 am said:

That’s a bit iffy.
    I think Marvel doesn’t have the license to X-Men and related characters.
    But if we do get Wolverine, perhaps they struck a new deal?

+ xxnike629xx on December 5th, 2016 at 8:59 am said:

This is great news.
But I would like to see a PS4 release of the other Vs. games…

– Tatsunoko vs. Capcom
– Capcom vs. SNK Pro
– Capcom vs. SNK 2
– X-Men vs. Street Fighter
– Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter
– Marvel vs. Capcom
– Marvel vs. Capcom 2
– SVC Chaos: SNK Vs. Capcom

Put those out on PS4 and I’ll buy them all.

Maybe if people can reply back to my comment here, Sony, Capcom, and SNK will take notice???

+ xxnike629xx on December 5th, 2016 at 9:42 am said:

Oh and please consider doing a disc release for the PS4 version of Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Please…

Or how about doing bundles of them on disc?

– Tatsunoko vs. Capcom

– Capcom vs. SNK Pro
– Capcom vs. SNK 2

– X-Men vs. Street Fighter
– Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter

– Marvel vs. Capcom
– Marvel vs. Capcom 2
– Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

– SVC Chaos: SNK Vs. Capcom

So these 5 disc releases.
^_^
I’d easily pay like $40 or $50 each for them.

+ g0dzjewl on December 5th, 2016 at 11:59 am said:

you wont sell 500 copies with the xmen so you better rack up on the mutants….

+ g0dzjewl on December 5th, 2016 at 11:59 am said:

without* sorry.

+ Ultimate_Atheist on December 6th, 2016 at 1:08 am said:

Yay!!! The All-or-Nothing days!! The Infinity Stones!! They’re back!!!!

I’ll bet that, until now, I was the ONLY ONE that missed the Infinity Gems !!!

Power Stones, anyone??

+ Ultimate_Atheist on December 6th, 2016 at 1:10 am said:

I wish they’d release this on Disc, though. More freedom!!

+ THUNDER-SMASH on December 10th, 2016 at 5:37 pm said:

I hope they play around with the character models a little. Ryu and a few others look washed out, faded in color.

+ Deejayhavok8 on December 25th, 2016 at 7:08 am said:

Come on PS no legacy support?? Just bought it and found this out, I need a refund!!!

+ Speedy_Gamer15 on December 26th, 2016 at 11:31 pm said:

Can Capcom port this title to the PlayStation Vita and PlayStation TV consoles? I wish for this title to be played on the go or my Vita TV consoles at home. And besides, I don’t really have a PS4 right now and I’m really looking forward to Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 returning. If only Capcom returned the game back to the Vita PlayStation Store.