God of War

Dec 03

Dec 03

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy Arrives Next Year on PS4

Shaun Escayg's Avatar Posted by Creative Director, Naughty Dog

We’ve spent the better part of the last 10 years on a journey with Nathan Drake, but as his story came to a close in Uncharted 4 and we looked ahead to the series’ first-ever story DLC, we were faced with an unprecedented question: whose story did we want to tell next?

Over the years, we’ve assembled an incredible cast of characters, but of them all, we kept coming back to one in particular: Chloe Frazer. As the smooth-talking master thief who debuted in Uncharted 2, Chloe is not only one of our favorite characters, but we know she’s a favorite amongst our community. She’s also a strong and enigmatic character — in other words, perfect to be our lead protagonist in Uncharted: The Lost Legacy.

We revealed a first look at Uncharted: The Lost Legacy at PlayStation Experience today with a nearly 9 minute video of gameplay. Check out the full clip below.

Our video shows an early section of the game where we find Chloe in a war-torn city on her way to a rooftop rendezvous with her partner, Nadine Ross. Much like Chloe, Nadine is a formidable and interesting character whose complex nature we just started exploring in her Uncharted 4 debut. She’s a skilled tactician, whose cool, calculating nature offers an important contrast to Chloe’s improvisation and wit. As they venture deep into India’s Western Ghats mountain range, they’ll need to work together to recover the long lost Tusk of Ganesh.

When we began to plot out the story and our vision for the game, we realized we were building something more than an extension of Uncharted 4, and instead, a standalone story in the Uncharted universe. We wanted this adventure to feature all of the hallmarks of the series, from cinematic storytelling set within exotic destinations, to dynamic combat and intricate puzzles. It’s our biggest story expansion to-date and will be available as a standalone game on store shelves and for digital download.

If you picked up the Uncharted 4 Digital Deluxe Edition or the Explorer’s Pack, you’ll get Uncharted: The Lost Legacy as a download at launch. Both versions will only be available until December 13, 2016, so don’t miss your chance to get Uncharted 4 and Uncharted: The Lost Legacy at an amazing value.

Shaun Escayg, Creative Director
Kurt Margenau, Game Director
Josh Scherr, Writer

Add Your Own

I-smily-l said:

December 3rd, 5:18 pm

Can’t wait!

Dark_Poetry said:

December 3rd, 5:56 pm

Is it a stand alone title like infamous first light? Or is it tied to the original game ?

cano74 said:

December 4th, 7:56 am

“It’s our biggest story expansion to-date and will be available as a standalone game on store shelves and for digital download.” It’s stand alone like First Light.

WolfmanJack74 said:

December 5th, 8:40 pm

I’m also jumping on this game!!! Can’t wait!!!

iCondemned said:

December 3rd, 5:59 pm

Oh man oh man oh man… Can’t wait. I still need to finish Uncharted 4.

DXGMER said:

December 6th, 1:48 pm

Yeh, me too..

Oste18262009 said:

December 12th, 1:24 pm

I finished it in the first 12 hours… i grinded the heck out of that game.

GunnerFCm said:

December 3rd, 6:06 pm

Sweet! Too late to buy stock in Naughty Dog?

Link01 said:

December 3rd, 6:07 pm

The real question is, how much of a good deal is buying the “Explorer’s Pack”, would need to know a general range of savings to see if I actually want the uncharted currency points (which I prefer to just unlock myself).

As a side note, highly disappointed that they Collector’s Editions didn’t come with the Explorer’s pack. Rather not have sacrificed the statue for the bundled DLC + game.

Link01 said:

December 3rd, 6:08 pm

And as a side note, the DLC expansion packs changed and were un-detailed. As much as I would have loved to invest in it, I’m definitely not a fan of this new trend of selling empty undefined content up front…

Welmosca said:

December 3rd, 8:36 pm

Well said and thats why as much as I’m a supporter of any stuff ND releases I didn’t get the season pass of UC4.

1 – I didn’t know how much I would be saving.

2 – UC points are a disgrace…no point in playing the game if you don’t want to unlock things with your efforts.

3 – I actually learned the lesson after they screwed the people who bought TLoU’s season pass lol.

MickaeL486 said:

December 4th, 9:59 pm

I can not wait. Naughty Dogs deserves all of our money.

RAMB0_ALLSTAR said:

December 3rd, 6:09 pm

Cannot wait for start a new story out as Chloe. Hope this leads to something more.

Oste18262009 said:

December 12th, 1:25 pm

like… WHAT IF SULLY AND LAZAROVICH TEAMED UP?!?!

GrungeMadman said:

December 3rd, 6:30 pm

I assume that people who got the triple pack before it changed will still get the single player dlc as a free digital download as well?

ZanFear said:

December 3rd, 6:49 pm

Can’t wait to buy the physical version Day 1. I’m glad we get to see more of Chloe and Nadine (in India no less!). Just hope Charlie makes an appearance!

SharkZone360 said:

December 3rd, 6:52 pm

Is this a sequel or during the events of uncharted 4? Looks very good to say the least.

mjc0961 said:

December 3rd, 7:14 pm

Unless Nadine has the super-power to be in two places at once (unlikely), then this will obviously not take place during the events of Uncharted 4.

Welmosca said:

December 3rd, 8:31 pm

If you played UC4 you should know that this takes place way before UC4,before Nadine was the leader of Shoreline.

ZanFear said:

December 3rd, 10:46 pm

No, this is after the events of Uncharted 4.

beltsquid said:

December 3rd, 7:55 pm

I’m so incredibly excited for this! The Uncharted series has always had incredible female characters, and I’m so happy they get to have the spotlight for once.

Welmosca said:

December 3rd, 8:29 pm

I’m really glad to see that Chloe is back specially cuz I really wanted to see her and really missed her on UC4 storyline.In the other hand I’m kinda disappointed that we won’t be playing with Drake in the DLC…without Drake it doesn’t look like UC,just saying.Also a bit wary that it ain’t Straley directing and Druckmann writing but it looked freakin amazing…loved the stealth gameplay on it.As always fantastic job ND.

Can’t wait…day 1 buy.

Welmosca said:

December 3rd, 8:41 pm

Also forgot to say that I missed the PS Experience but would’ve been nice to have seen this gameplay live,wondering who was that woman and if they didn’t announce who was the devs behind it beforehand…actually wondering what game this could be.I would know its from ND though,those character models and graphics style are unmistakable for me.

rezamojy02812811 said:

December 7th, 11:48 pm

I hope after uncharted series we could play something even better than this

Crazymanwalking1 said:

December 3rd, 10:04 pm

What about the us that bought the triple pack, will we get the expansion as well? Or will we have to pay yet again? Some clarification would be appreciated

Leonatis1084 said:

December 3rd, 10:13 pm

I am really looking forward to this, The video they showed was amazing.

Kratier said:

December 3rd, 10:42 pm

uncharted feminist’s edition

ZanFear said:

December 3rd, 10:50 pm

Oh please, the gaming industry is over saturated with male oriented games or games where you play as a male (who is usually Caucasian). But when developers try to do something different, they get called out for pandering to certain demographic? I feel sorry for your upbringing and education. But should you have kids one day, I hope they’re all daughters so you can change your way of thinking. Have a good life, and good luck. <3

Killerattax said:

December 4th, 12:45 am

@ZanFear

Not true at all. Most games these days try to pander the Kotaku, Polygon and Waypoint writers who studied gender studies or liberal arts. Just look at Battlefield 1, Watchdogs 2, Mafia 3, Last of Us 2, this DLC, etc. where white male characters get replaced. Add to this games that had women or poc as MC’s in the first place (Tomb Raider, Horizon, etc.) and the thing naughty dog does is the opposite of diverse.

SoftFoxTail said:

December 8th, 12:17 am

Yup i agree with you, men are the main consumer in the gaming industry. They want half naked waifu sluts. Cater to them or go out of business! I’m a girl gamer and even we don’t want to play dull looking, ugly, fully clothed feminazi like this!

gaara_kage said:

December 4th, 8:43 am

Best looking game to date.

c0032 said:

December 4th, 11:41 am

If you have the season pass or UC4 deluxe edition, will the game still be a standalone download? I.E. Can I delete UC4 now?

XenoNative said:

December 4th, 1:01 pm

Lara Croft…eat your heart out!

BasicElite said:

December 4th, 1:02 pm

Haven’t played Uncharted 4 all the way through as of yet, but am enjoying the game so far. I always wondered what happened to Chloe. Probably butchered her name, lol. But this game looks amazing. I mainly play on my xbox, but this will definitely pull me back to my PS4.

nirojan45 said:

December 4th, 5:13 pm

I don’t know if Naughty Dog is gonna read this or reply to it but…why are they speaking Hindi in southern India? Judging by the signs it’s set somewhere in Tamil Nadu but some of the NPCs are speaking a different language than Tamil.

Other than that, the game looks fantastic!

RB_Payne said:

December 8th, 12:25 am

Haha yeah. I would have been VERY impressed with Naughty Dog if the people spoke Tamil. Why would a shop named ராஜா மிதிவண்டி கடை be in a Northern state?

nirojan45 said:

December 8th, 3:19 am

@RB_Payne Hey at least our language is getting some recognition. It’s the second Sony game to be set in Tamil Nadu. Check out “Driveclub” all the India tracks have Tamil signs. Some of them are hilarious :D

JMBlakk said:

December 4th, 7:11 pm

More Nadine!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy about this, I knew she wasn’t dead but I do feel like this is kind of too soon for her to be back in the mix.

xxnike629xx said:

December 5th, 8:23 am

I hope this game is released on disc.

Also, I honestly thought this was just a name for a PS4 remake of Uncharted Golden Abyss.

Smines57 said:

December 7th, 11:05 am

If you already purchased the triple pack do you get this game as a download at launch as well?

ipsychorat said:

December 7th, 5:34 pm

Chloe mmmmm:) one of the hottest characters of all time!

Daves55420 said:

December 7th, 5:38 pm

I’m sorry but I didn’t see when it comes out. I see it’s only available for download until Dec. 13, 2016. I have the expansion pack but I can’t find the download. Am I reading this wrong?

QueenRod1234 said:

December 7th, 6:43 pm

Awesome! Can’t wait!

SNOOP_DOGG500 said:

December 7th, 8:44 pm

i REALLY am looking forwards to this game because i have Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection and Uncharted 4 so you can say that i am a HUGE Uncharted fan… you guys at Naughty Dogs really do OUTSTANDING WORK and i hope you guys don’t discontinue this GREATLY BEAUTIFUL franchise because i really am a HUGE FAN of the Uncharted games and other games that you guys have had made…

SoftFoxTail said:

December 8th, 12:10 am

Ah yes another Feminist pandering attempt! Women aren’t strong, enigmatic characters unless they’re half naked waifu sluts!

ANAKINDVADER said:

December 8th, 5:31 am

I bought the Explorer’s pack,so I will get it at no cost.

kk90op said:

December 11th, 1:52 am

will it be a free dlc or with prize to buy

nikgodofworld said:

December 12th, 6:25 am

Hey , i got the uncharted 4 on disc , i should pay to get the DLC or i can get it free.And if i dont , how much will it costs ?

Gangar2010 said:

December 12th, 8:48 am

I bought Uncharted 4 Special Edition which came with a triple explorer pack Does this entitle me to the free download on launch even though it wasn’t a digital copy ??? .
I am really looking forward to playing this game , looks so good and one fro the PS Pro

edmo520 said:

December 28th, 1:01 pm

I don’t why but I have the sensation that it will be all different.. Without drake the game is not uncharted, I’m gonna miss playing as him, I don’t like the new game… It’s ruined. Drake should on it, not someone else.