Spider-Man PS4

Dec 14

Dec 14

Uncharted 4: Survival Mode Today, New Multiplayer Updates

Vinit Agarwal's Avatar Posted by Game Designer, Naughty Dog

Hello everyone! Vinit Agarwal here from Naughty Dog. Today, I’m happy to announce that our next major update to Uncharted 4 launches today, and with it, our new mode: Survival. Survival is our new cooperative mode where you and up to two of your friends can take on 50 waves of increasingly skilled enemies, a variety of challenging objectives and modifiers, and intense boss battles. Feel like playing solo or not (yet) a PlayStation Plus member? You can still hop in and play Survival by yourself. With multiple difficulty levels, its own dedicated progression system, unlockable rewards, and yes, new Trophies–we’re excited for the community to jump in and take on Survival. If you want an in-depth look at what to expect, don’t miss my post from earlier this month that outlines all of the new features. You can also check out the Survival launch trailer below.

Survival isn’t all you’ll find in our latest patch—we’re also adding a ton of new content for Uncharted 4 Multiplayer, including two new maps, five flashback weapons, new vanity items and color variant options, as well as an all-new mode: King of the Hill.

• New Maps: Train Wreck (from Uncharted 2) and Prison
  • Returning Classic Weapons: M4 Assault Rifle, PAK-80 Light Machine Gun, Micro 9mm Automatic Pistol, Para 9 Pistol, and the Desert 5 Pistol (Heavy Weapon)
  • New Beta Test Playlist Mode: King of the Hill – teams to compete to retain control of a single Hill and earn Victory Points. Respawning restricted when your team controls the Hill
  • New Character Skins: 48 new character skins, including new Biker-themed skins
  • New Color Customization: Customize any character skin with 25 unique color variants
  • New Multiplayer Levels and Rewards: Max rank increased to Level 90 with two new vanity unlocks
  • New Challenges: Earn Relics with new Challenges for Multiplayer and Survival

Uncharted 4 Survival

Alongside all of the new content in the Survival update, we’re also revamping our Multiplayer economy. We’ve been listening to your feedback and we’re making to changes to the Multiplayer experience to make it more rewarding. Starting today, we’re permanently reducing the cost of in-game chests, making it easier to unlock new vanity and gameplay items. We’re also introducing Relic Boosters that give you a 300% increase in Relics earned for completing matches and also include a stackable bonus for all other players on your team. Anyone who purchases or has purchased Uncharted Points in the past will also earn VIP Status, which includes a permanent 20% bonus to all Relics earned from Challenges. Check out our patch notes page for a full list of the Economy 2.0 changes.

Thanks you for all of your continued support and feedback. We look forward to hearing about your experiences in Survival and seeing you online in Multiplayer! Until the next time, stay tuned to Naughty Dog’s Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat pages for updates.

Add Your Own

akibake said:

December 14th, 2:25 pm

Well alright! Been looking forward to this.

iamtylerdurden1 said:

December 16th, 10:12 am

It looks awesome.

Thank you, Naughty Dog.

Miguelangelwin said:

December 14th, 3:06 pm

Hello! Please with this new update Uncharted 4 Co-op Splitscreen???

Bu3ouf91 said:

December 15th, 1:42 am

Kind of hard for standard PlayStation 4 to hundle this graphics in split screen, Plan B “Downgrading the graphics for this idea is not a great idea”, Specify the feature for PS4 Pro version is not good idea either.

Kid_Loser said:

December 14th, 3:55 pm

Really excited about this. U4’s MP is very lackluster, even compared to U3’s mp which is just bad. So hopefully this co-op mode has been worth the wait and actually has the best from U2 and U3 co-op modes and more.

Welmosca said:

December 14th, 8:04 pm

Lackluster?…lol even compared to the garbage UC3?….haha you’re trippin badly.

DocDaPhil30 said:

December 14th, 4:37 pm

Thank You PlayStation Gods!!

KazeEternal said:

December 14th, 5:44 pm

Now if we could only get an update that allows for certain custom skins other cosmetics to be turned off.

OneManArmyAndres said:

December 14th, 6:06 pm

It would be awesome if you guys could ad as a plus, Uncharted 4 multiplayer with the lost legacy.

saab01 said:

December 14th, 6:33 pm

Why can’t you update game so we can listen to spotify while playing online. All other games allow it except for this one.

vipermark7 said:

December 15th, 8:35 pm

I had this same problem and I discovered that if you go to multiplayer settings and turn off music sound and cinematic sound, you can play music on spotify.

saab01 said:

December 14th, 6:34 pm

Also in the ranking system you can’t really see your number should be fixed. Also the same with other players.

Welmosca said:

December 14th, 7:46 pm

That’s truly great but where are the missing characters?…its impossible to understand why we still don’t have Alcazar,Jameson,Schafer and etc.And I hope you guys will add Co-op Adventure too in the future but for now thank you for that solo mode.

Also I’m still baffled that from all the great maps of UC2 “cough Temple,Plaza,Sanctuary cough” you guys added the worst map that everyone always tried to avoid…oh well I hope that it’ll be a good map on UC4.

Bad move adding colors to the customization and bad move making co-op have its own lvl system.

Also please a crossover DLC with TLoU characters…you can do it ND that would be the best thing ever.

PS:I have so much things to say but I’ll just say this…please allow us to see everybody’s lvl.

Dark_Pump said:

December 18th, 12:59 pm

Eh, skill doesn’t always = level. everytime a new fps comes out i start at 0… doesn’t mean ive never played an online shooter before. Pretty annoying getting kicked from stuff because your number is low

Welmosca said:

December 14th, 8:08 pm

BTW ND,no Christmas event?…I mean…for real?…y’all are missing the chance just like you missed to do an event on Halloween.We need something like UC2 had back in december 2009 but this time around with Christmas-related loot.That would be da thing!!

jada42 said:

December 15th, 8:24 am

There are elf hats you can get for your characters from the vanity chest

Welmosca said:

December 16th, 8:14 pm

@ jada42 – Yup I saw it…its useless though since you gotta have the luck to unlock it between 10000+ colors.

Bu3ouf91 said:

December 15th, 1:39 am

Oh my god, This is so epic, I was looking for that long time ago

Orayu- said:

December 15th, 2:10 am

Nice nice, might get this game after all.

Kid_Loser said:

December 15th, 6:50 am

Been playing it quite a bit and really enjoying it so far. It has a lot of great elements that separate it from the rest.. unlike the PvP section. Got to wave 50 on Normal and was at it for about 2 hours.. we just couldn’t do it, guys quit on me. Can’t wait to get back in and beat it all on Crushing, Thanks for the free update. Keep them coming :)

CrusaderForever said:

December 15th, 7:06 am

Played last night and I am hooked. Will definitely play some more today. Got past level 5 and had to quit. Would be great if you could some how get split screen coop added. Otherwise this is a tremendous update! Thanks Sony and ND for this!

KINGLOC6 said:

December 15th, 2:21 pm

Nd whT happened to the stealth attacks in mp like it was on uncharted 3 that separated you guys from other titles please bring that back!!!!!!!

shadysaiyanz said:

December 15th, 2:41 pm

Well the trailer looks exciting i guess.. but is it still Pay-2-Win? (Either pay for new guns with Uncharted Points or grind out Relics for weeks to randomly get one you probably didn’t want)

Also, i couldn’t help but notice in the patch notes that if people but a Challenge Pack, they get a permanent Relic booster..??? WTH is that about?!

I still haven’t played since the first guns/map were introduced, and i don’t care about co-op but who knows maybe i’ll get back into it and play it again one day and be as excited as i was when i first bought it… Single Player Team > Multiplayer Team.

trythisagain said:

December 15th, 3:34 pm

how do I opt out of this huge mandatory DLC. I do not have 12.282 GBs of data bandwidth to waste on DLC I will not use.. I do not play online. It should be a download from the PSN store. Not forced on game owner who have no use for it. Thanks Microsoft. Sorry I mean Sony.

Donnorkia said:

December 15th, 6:10 pm

Can’t wait

Ryusennin said:

December 16th, 8:19 am

30 fps for co-op players (on the SAME maps as competitive) is a HUGE disappointment.

Not only this mode is eight months late, but we get treated as second class customers. Why, Naughty Dog?

iamtylerdurden1 said:

December 16th, 10:11 am

ND is among the most gamer friendly devs out there, give it a rest. They didn’t have to add horde mode, heck, Tomb Raider doesn’t even have multiplayer.

ZoRo_The_Samurai said:

December 16th, 10:52 am

Trust me they would if they could..
    It is not about the maps it’s the amount of fast action and craziness and NPC’s also the melee system…
    try to enjoy it.. it’s really challenging.

Welmosca said:

December 16th, 8:11 pm

Get a legitimate complaint then come here again…30 fps for real?…thats your complaint?…pffft.

And Co-op Survival was always on the same maps of the competitive.

ZoRo_The_Samurai said:

December 16th, 10:42 am

Thanks Naughty Dog .. the co-op is a blast!
25 colors for each skin is just crazy.. now i have to play for the rest of my life to unlock them all!
Also I wish we could have any map from U3 mp.. ( Chateu or The Airport)
hopefully you make more maps in the future and not stick to the – roadmap-

IORC_Kid said:

December 16th, 6:51 pm

How Many People Could Be on Survival

KGrillz said:

December 17th, 4:18 am

Three people.

Welmosca said:

December 16th, 8:07 pm

Just wanna say that I got excited for this update for nothing or to be more precise to get disappointed with yet another ND bulls***.I already found adding colors a bad idea but then you guys make the colors loot and make them come in 3-4 per chest and by skin.This is stupidity at its best ND…get real now there may be 10000 or more items to unlock because of the damn colors.We will never get the items we want because of this…well played ND really great job,y’all never cease to disappoint as much as you amaze.

It was so simple,should’ve made to unlock all 25 colors of 1 skin per chest.

twztid13 said:

December 16th, 8:48 pm

@Welmosca Really, that’s your complaint… too many colors? You have 10 years worth of a 13 year old’s Christmas day, and you’re upset with ND for it? You dont like presents with surprises? Do you hate Thanksgiving, too?

Also, the user mentioned the coop being on the same maps as multiplayer because he was saying if the mp can be 60 fps, the coop could have been, but y’all stuck us with 30 fps. I think that’s a legitimate complaint (more legit than hating Christmas).

drdre74 said:

December 16th, 8:40 pm

Awesome update. I almost bought FF15 then it hit me that id never play it cause I’m too busy playing the new modes lol

Chemeleon88 said:

December 17th, 6:36 am

The Uncharted team are just amazing with the amount of complimentary content they add.

JIGSAW2191 said:

December 17th, 6:57 pm

Hey Naughty Dog Can you Make Survival CO-OP Up To 6 Players Please because i have more friends the 2 That Have Uncharted I’ve been a big fan of you guys since i was a Kid my main PSN ID Albert_J_Wesker

JIGSAW2191 said:

December 17th, 7:00 pm

And Also Can You please please put Hiest Drake in Uncharted if he’s a DLC i buy him he is my favorite Character Skin from Uncharted 2 I played him on story on PS3 So please Add Hiest Drake Add Him In Story Skin to I would buy it

theb1gcomeup said:

December 18th, 2:38 pm

Survival will not load without a PS Plus subscription for me. Always tries to connect to the server and does not offer a solo mode option

Cyber-Gladiator said:

December 18th, 9:59 pm

Although this is great news for Uncharted 4’s online component, I have always wanted to go up against waves of Descendants, Shambhala Guardians, and the disguised Yeti-like suited Guardians. I hope that Naughty Dog decides to make a specific mode just for that instead of the human enemy non-player characters. Especially knowing how the generated intelligent behaviors are from each unique distinctive creature.

Itsuchi_KS said:

December 24th, 10:50 am

Heeeeeey, Im impressed. GLAD to FINALLY be able to use that awsome interactive melee system in multiplayer survival. I thought you guys added it to PvP but…well…you didnt. It would NO DOUBT be one of the best features of the game to have LIVE PLAYERS be able to go toe to toe with eachother in PvP like displayed in Survival Mode. It would MOST DEFINITELY increase the games longevity. Also, if we cant select ANY character we want to use, we should AT LEAST be able to choose which side we want to use (heroes or villians). Just saying Im tired of being spammed with the villian side in Survival Mode…just a thought for an easy update. Ultimately, I like the game, it was like playing a movie but after that story mode ended, I did the Multiplayer PvP for awhile but ended up uninstalling the game due to lack of flexibility in PvP. That interactive melee system would REALLY help PvP but for now, Survival Mode is still exciting so the game is back on my system although it would be helpful for us to be able to select our GUN load out before and inbetween matches. For now, good job. Im enjoying myself so far

GeneralPancakes4 said:

December 27th, 5:42 pm

Does survival mode require PS Plus to play with just friends? It doesn’t have the Plus symbol by the option but my friend said he thinks it needs Plus.