PlayStation Vue - One Punch Man

Dec 21

Gravity Rush 2 Demo Out Tomorrow

Nick Accordino's Avatar Posted by on Dec 21, 2016 // Associate Project Manager, SCEA

Greetings and happy holidays, Gravity Rush fans! We’re less than one month away from the launch of Gravity Rush 2, and I’m thrilled to bring you an update on some of the high-falling action that’s headed your way before launch.

First and foremost, we’ve previously mentioned Gravity Rush Overture [The Animation], an original production by famed anime studio Studio Khara that bridges the gap in story that takes place between Gravity Rush and Gravity Rush 2. I’m happy to announce today that the anime will be available for all to see on YouTube starting on December 26 at 8:00 AM Pacific. Please take a look at the teaser below for a quick glimpse of what’s to come:

Last but certainly not least, we wanted to leave you with a special surprise leading into the holidays. Several of our PlayStation fans have told me they’ve been itching to get a taste of Kat’s new adventure before the New Year, so I’m happy to announce that the Gravity Rush 2 Demo will be available to download from PlayStation Store starting tomorrow, December 22.

There are two paths through this demo — one for those who are new to Gravity Rush, and another for those that are more familiar with Kat’s powers — so no matter your level of gravity-defying experience, please be sure to give it a shot!

Gravity Rush 2

Gravity Rush 2Gravity Rush 2

We’ll have more about Gravity Rush 2 as we fall into 2017, so please stay tuned to PlayStation.Blog and have a wonderful holiday season.

PAGE 1 2

+ YoungBlaise on December 21st, 2016 at 8:10 am said:

YES! i have waited so long to play it! This will hold me off until its out in less than a month!
Gravity Rush 2 HYPE!

Nick Accordino's Avatar

+ Nick Accordino on December 21st, 2016 at 8:14 am said:

Thanks YoungBlaise! Really glad to give you a taste of the game before it hits in January!
    Hope you enjoy it, and thanks for the support! :)

+ Fecheverry777 on December 22nd, 2016 at 9:28 am said:

I can’t download the demo, can you fix it? I’m from Latino América… :(

+ ckwiebe on December 23rd, 2016 at 7:19 pm said:

Some of my friends that own the remastered version of the first game are getting discount codes but people who own the original aren’t. Great game not sure about that unfair discount stuff thought

+ Seluhir on December 21st, 2016 at 8:12 am said:

Well this is good timing. I’ll go ahead and download that and stream it this weekend. Sounds like fun.

Nick Accordino's Avatar

+ Nick Accordino on December 21st, 2016 at 8:14 am said:

Thank you Seluhir – I hope you enjoy it!

+ frightwolf2005 on December 21st, 2016 at 8:14 am said:

Thank you! I’m totally looking forward to trying out the different gravity mechanics (heavy-normal-light). What a great way to close out the year, and a great way to begin next year with the full game.

Nick Accordino's Avatar

+ Nick Accordino on December 21st, 2016 at 8:23 am said:

Thank you frightwolf – I really appreciate that!
    The new Gravity styles take a little getting used to, so make sure you have the original gravity shifting mechanics down before you give them a shot!

Hope you enjoy, and please tell your friends to give it a shot! :)

+ ImPaCTxX- on December 21st, 2016 at 8:19 am said:

Nick you are my favorite poster on this blog because you always bring me great news <3

Nick Accordino's Avatar

+ Nick Accordino on December 21st, 2016 at 8:35 am said:

Man, I don’t even know what to say ImPacT, Thank you!

Hope you love the demo! Make sure to spread the word to your friends and stream it for the world to see!

Thanks for supporting Gravity Rush! I really appreciate it!

+ ImPaCTxX- on December 21st, 2016 at 8:57 am said:

I’m even remembering back to the Freedom Wars days when Nick would bless up with that news too….good times…

+ FutureDiaryNinth on December 21st, 2016 at 8:21 am said:

Based Nick always bringing the news us fans want to hear

Nick Accordino's Avatar

+ Nick Accordino on December 21st, 2016 at 8:37 am said:

Happy to bring it to you, and thanks for supporting the series!

Hope you enjoy, and we’ll see you again in January! :)

+ tr_SubLIME on December 21st, 2016 at 8:23 am said:

Great–I played the Japanese demo because I was so impatient to see how the new gravity modes feel, and I wasn’t disappointed. It’ll be nice to play even more. This has the potential to be one of the best video game sequels in a long time.

Nick Accordino's Avatar

+ Nick Accordino on December 21st, 2016 at 8:39 am said:

Well now you can try it out again in English! :) There’s two paths through the demo, so try out both!

Thank you very much for the support SubLIME!

+ Tranquil-Lo on December 21st, 2016 at 8:42 am said:

YES!! I’ve been waiting for this very announcement. I’m so excited to see and play this for myself, and I can’t wait for Overture. I may just have to play back through GRush Remastered after this.

+ Tranquil-Lo on December 21st, 2016 at 8:50 am said:

Hey Nick, if you see this –

I’m trying to find the correct PR contact for Japan Studio. I write for a big gaming outlet and we’d like to review GRush 2, but I can’t seem to find a PR portal. Can I reach out to you via Twitter?

Nick Accordino's Avatar

+ Nick Accordino on December 21st, 2016 at 9:02 am said:

Thanks for the love! And by all means, send me a message!

+ RCU005 on December 21st, 2016 at 8:50 am said:

I love the idea of the anime. I wish it was a long running series like Naruto, One Piece, etc. We all need more of Kat and Raven!. I really hope GR 2 is NOT the last game of the series!

One question though: While I have played GR on PS Vita 4 times and 100%’ed every time. I haven’t been able to play the remaster, so I would like to know if the motion controls are as precise as the game on Vita. I loved to use the thumbstick and refine my aim with gyro, only because it was (or felt) so precise. Is it the same for Gravity Rush 2 with the DualShock 4?

Thank you for giving us the best IP on PlayStation!

Nick Accordino's Avatar

+ Nick Accordino on December 21st, 2016 at 9:05 am said:

Hi RCU005 –

After spending a lot of time playing both versions myself, I’ve actually come to prefer the precision of the DualShock 4.
    You’re freely able to customize the sensitivity of the gyro aspects of the controller, so there’s definitely going to be a setting in there that works for you!

Please keep in mind that the full sensitivity/control settings might only be available in the full game, so don’t give up if the demo’s not exactly as comfortable as you’d like!

Either way, I hope you enjoy, and thanks for the great question!

-Nick

+ G-Force08 on December 21st, 2016 at 8:50 am said:

THANK YOUUUUUUUUUU! :D

Although I wish the series was still on Vita as I enjoyed the original game more there (still played it on PS4 though), I’m hecka excited for part 2 and the anime.

:D Can’t wait! Been pre-ordered for a while and have been anticipating the animation for a while too. A little disappointed that it’s a one-shot and not a series but I’ll still enjoy it I’m sure! :)

Nick Accordino's Avatar

+ Nick Accordino on December 21st, 2016 at 9:06 am said:

Thanks for the support G-Force08!
    Hope you enjoy the demo, and please look forward to the full release in January! :)

+ zidane4028 on December 21st, 2016 at 8:52 am said:

Whoo! Can’t wait! Quick question: is this the same demo from E3 and kiosks or a new, updated demo?

Nick Accordino's Avatar

+ Nick Accordino on December 21st, 2016 at 9:07 am said:

This is the same demo, but now playable from the comfort of your own home without any restrictions. :)

Hope you love it! :)

+ PS_ihh on December 21st, 2016 at 8:57 am said:

Already bought, not playing the demo. I want it all at once.
Hopefully more people get to try GR.
Thanks for the anime.

Nick Accordino's Avatar

+ Nick Accordino on December 21st, 2016 at 9:08 am said:

As long as you’re planning on enjoying the game, I’m happy. :)

thanks for the support!

+ RCU005 on December 21st, 2016 at 9:10 am said:

I don’t think I can play the demo either. I played the first one with any information whatsoever! I only ever saw the announcement trailer and one gameplay preview. I haven’t seen more than 2 minutes combined of GR2 and only watched 2 trailers.

+ Ralizah on December 21st, 2016 at 9:22 am said:

This is a wonderful Christmas present. Can’t wait to try out the game ahead of its full release. And so glad we finally got news about the anime.

+ Deadpoolian on December 21st, 2016 at 9:24 am said:

I’m so excited! This is my most anticipated game at the moment!

+ PR_XIII on December 21st, 2016 at 9:29 am said:

I’m happy that devs are still releasing demo. I will give it a shot and If I like it I’ll buy the game.

+ Catastrophe on December 21st, 2016 at 9:42 am said:

Awesome, I love the anime art style, but I just wish we could get another opportunity to get the Gravity Rush 2 avatars that were only available during the E3 PlayStation Live event. The ones that you get for preordering the game don’t look nearly as nice as the E3 GR2 Kat/Raven/Dusty avatars.

+ whereymyconary on December 21st, 2016 at 9:43 am said:

YEY Demos! So how is the Language handled in the Anime? Japanese? English? Babble Language?

Loved the world of the original and really excited to see how it’s handled now that it’s not a launch title.

+ NeuroBlack77 on December 21st, 2016 at 11:03 am said:

I think it’s still the imaginary language of Hekseville. That’s what I gathered from the trailers.

+ Hakumen__ on December 21st, 2016 at 10:09 am said:

I loved the original game! It’s a pity I won’t buy the sequel since it’s not getting a PS Vita release though.

+ ZRacer_01 on December 22nd, 2016 at 4:15 pm said:

If you truly loved the original game, you’d buy a PS4 to play the sequel.

+ NadMax45 on December 23rd, 2016 at 2:52 am said:

@ZRacer
    Lol, Sony spitted on Ps Vita’s players face and you want them to buy a PS4 just for the sequel?
    You think that everybody are able to afford to buy a PS4???
    I have a PS4, i loved the demo, but i won’t buy the game day 1, i’ll wait for a used version, Sony won’t have my money this time.

+ Vyprstryke on December 21st, 2016 at 10:38 am said:

This and the Nier Automata demo tomorrow? Nice!!

+ Trendy_Kid on December 21st, 2016 at 10:51 am said:

Right? We’re being spoiled just in time for Christmas!

+ cman199 on December 21st, 2016 at 10:39 am said:

Played the first one on VITA and loved. To bad the second one is only for PS4

+ ZRacer_01 on December 22nd, 2016 at 4:14 pm said:

Trust me, the series is better off on PS4, without the Vita to hold it back.

+ Trendy_Kid on December 21st, 2016 at 10:51 am said:

Demos are the best thing ever. You guys rock!

+ NeuroBlack77 on December 21st, 2016 at 10:56 am said:

Thank you! I can’t decide whether to play the demo or wait to be completely surprised. I’ll probably end up playing the demo anyway ;)

+ TidalOneka on December 21st, 2016 at 11:43 am said:

Thank you Nick! I’m super psyched for this game, very excited to get an early chance at it! :)

+ ASDF5544 on December 21st, 2016 at 12:23 pm said:

YOWSAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YWOWEE ZOWEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am really REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY excited about gravity rush 2 to try out kat’s new gravity powers and see the sights and sounds of the cities!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Kishnabe on December 21st, 2016 at 2:24 pm said:

Awesome, can’t wait to jump in to this.

Please put the Gravity Rush DLC for the Vita on sale to commemorate GR 2

+ TomatoDragon on December 21st, 2016 at 2:58 pm said:

Gravity Rush 2 and Nier Automata demos tomorrow? Christmas came early. :)

+ MURDEROMEGA on December 21st, 2016 at 4:06 pm said:

Proper niceness. Gotta finish up with part 1 first on the Vita. About half way through.

+ TrueProphecy on December 21st, 2016 at 4:57 pm said:

What a nice surprise. I am certainly looking forward to playing this game.

+ NORMCHACHO on December 21st, 2016 at 6:25 pm said:

This is so exciting! I really loved GR: Remastered and can’t wait for the sequel! One question though, any idea on roughly how long the animation is? Is it like one episode of show? 20-30 minutes? Shorter, longer?

+ Mercenary09 on December 21st, 2016 at 7:01 pm said:

Thanks for the demo Nick. I’ll be playing it tomorrow for sure. Can’t wait to watch the anime as well. I wish we could have gotten the collector’s edition for Gravity Rush 2 here but I’m excited to pick it up at launch regardless.

+ YorlecmNwahs on December 21st, 2016 at 7:56 pm said:

Hell yes!

+ AskaLangly on December 21st, 2016 at 8:12 pm said:

So, the biggest question:
Digital OST on release?

+ ZRacer_01 on December 22nd, 2016 at 4:11 pm said:

Even better: physical OST release?

+ MouseNo44 on December 21st, 2016 at 8:24 pm said:

I purchased Gravity Rush when it released on PS Vita and re-purchased the PS4 version. When a special edition happens I will place my pre-order down for Gravity Rush 2. Otherwise, I will pick it up on release!

+ Almorik_ on December 21st, 2016 at 9:00 pm said:

Please tell me we’ll learn more about Kat’s past and the lore of the world

+ brn-dn on December 21st, 2016 at 11:03 pm said:

Pretty cool a demo is being released for this! I’m not 100% sure if I’m going to pre-order or not since I still have Gravity Rush Remastered side missions to play. I did pre-order that game though (physically) and did not regret it.

+ medenko1975 on December 21st, 2016 at 11:11 pm said:

GRAVITY RUSH and NIER coming for all regions todays? While VALKYRIA AZURE only for JPN?

+ Zackfruit on December 22nd, 2016 at 12:49 am said:

PLEASE RELEASE NIER AUTOMATA DEMO SOON!

+ Carlytto on December 22nd, 2016 at 2:08 am said:

Well I never played the 1st one, so this should be a great way for me to “test the waters” before I pick up either of them.

+ Crono_Breaker on December 22nd, 2016 at 4:04 am said:

I everyone, were can i find the demo section i download nier from my japan account, but always its hard on US store , please were can i find demos? And gravity rush when its gonna be up!?

+ Crono_Breaker on December 22nd, 2016 at 4:18 am said:

Of i forgot happy hollydays

+ BlaqMagiq24 on December 22nd, 2016 at 5:35 am said:

Thank you for this. Will be playing immediately. Can’t wait to watch the anime as well. It’s a shame we still won’t get some sort of Limited or Collector’s Edition as I was willing to pay any price. No matter this is still Day 1 regardless.

+ ZRacer_01 on December 22nd, 2016 at 4:09 pm said:

Same here, I can’t believe Sony doesn’t want more of our money :(

+ Souledge94 on December 22nd, 2016 at 6:04 am said:

im confused arent they suppose to speaking a made up language in the game. So whats the anime going to speak in if they are going to speak at all?

+ Trendy_Kid on December 22nd, 2016 at 9:30 am said:

Didn’t they speak french in the first game?

+ Souledge94 on December 23rd, 2016 at 7:04 am said:

@trendy kid
    It was some made up mish mash language. Kinda like the sims.

+ Trendy_Kid on December 26th, 2016 at 5:25 pm said:

Ah ok, I didn’t know that! I always thought it was french, haha.

+ jgrizzle358 on December 22nd, 2016 at 10:05 am said:

There is an advertisement for the demo on the store right now but when I go to selected it says it cannot be selected at this time

+ White_JackaL on December 22nd, 2016 at 10:39 am said:

I can’t find it on the U.S. psn.

+ Trendy_Kid on December 22nd, 2016 at 10:41 am said:

Demo is up now! ^_^

+ LEFT__4__DEAD__2 on December 22nd, 2016 at 11:52 am said:

Gravity Rush is an amazing series <3 Love Kat & Raven :)

+ TehFineztJokerX on December 22nd, 2016 at 1:14 pm said:

Quick question: I plan on pre-ordering this game from Best Buy, now I checked out the pre-order bonuses for the PS Store version and it’s getting 10 Avatars, are we getting the same thing if we pre-order from retailers?

+ TehFineztJokerX on December 23rd, 2016 at 1:58 pm said:

Hello? Devs? Can someone please answer my question? It’s #47 of the comments. Again, I wish to know if the 10 Avatars also come with pre-ordering the retail version, in my case I’m pre-ordering it at Best Buy. I prefer Physical over Digital and I hope the avatars isn’t counted out from any physical lover.

+ ZRacer_01 on December 22nd, 2016 at 4:08 pm said:

For some reason, the PS4 at my Walmart has had this demo for a while. It doesn’t make sense, since I live in an area that’s full of -let’s call them “rural”, residents that only play Madden, Minecraft, and Call of Duty…maybe Battlefield.

Anyways, will there be a way for me to purchase the anime? A Blu-Ray release perhaps? I want to support the series as much as possible.

+ anszbd1 on December 22nd, 2016 at 8:42 pm said:

Are there any physical special edition of the game, I want to support the game since I like the first one so much (already have it on psvita & ps4).

+ Pensive_Peon on December 22nd, 2016 at 10:22 pm said:

Hey, love the Demo! I do have a small concern, though, because I preordered the game before the delay was announced and with the download of the demo, it seems like my preorder has, uh, vanished? The demo has taken the place of my preorder in my PS4’s library and it’s giving me the option to pay another $60 in the store, as opposed to the countdown it gave before. Any idea what’s up with that?

PAGE 1 2