Horizon Zero Dawn

Jan 06

Jan 06

PlayStation Blogcast 232: Adventures in VR

Sid Shuman's Avatar Posted by Director, SIEA Social Media

We’re back! Joining us for our inaugural 2017 episode is farm-fresh new face Zac Minor, who recently joined the PlayStation social media team. This week, we discuss what we played over the break (Carnival Games!), adventures in VR gaming (Carnival Games!) and plenty more (Carnival Games!).

How was your holiday break? What did you play?

Subscribe via iTunes, Google or RSS, or download here

Stuff We Talked About

• Carnival Games on PS VR
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • Final Fantasy XIII
  • Overwatch
  • Hitman
  • Spelunky
  • Day of the Tentacle Remastered

Recent Episodes

The Cast

Official PlayStation Blogcast: Sid ShumanOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Justin MassongillOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Zac Minor

Sid Shuman – Director of Social Media, SIEA
Justin Massongill – Social Media Manager, SIEA
Zac Minor – Sr. Social Media Manager, SIEA

Send us questions and tips! blogcast@sony.com
Leave us a voicemail! (650) 288-6706

Thanks to Cory Schmitz for our beautiful logo and Dormilón for our rad theme song and show music.

Add Your Own

Mercenary09 said:

January 6th, 6:56 pm

Welcome back and Happy New Year Blogcast crew! Welcome to the team Zac. I hope this doesn’t mean Ryan is gone though.

BlueBl1zzard said:

January 7th, 4:34 pm

Happy new year everyone! Great episode like always! Is Zac going to be a new blogcast regular? I dig his style and he seems like he’d make a nice fit with you guys.

P. S. I’ll put my vote in for including the off topic talk! Yes, this is a “playstation” podcast but it’s still fun to hear you guys’ thoughts and opinions about non-gaming stuff too. Oftentimes you all have pretty insightful and quite funny things to say. Keep up the good work!

BlueBl1zzard said:

January 7th, 4:36 pm

@Mercenary09 sorry, didn’t mean to comment as a reply to your comment lol

Logan22 said:

January 7th, 10:24 pm

Just joined and he is a “Senior” Social Media Manager while Justin isn’t? I’m convinced you guys just make up your own titles ^_^

TeamGreen615 said:

January 7th, 11:31 pm

I’m glad I can read the blogpost once again on my phone. The PS4 sale add for $249.99 was always in the way when I would try and scroll down. Now we just need to hear when Rainbow Skies will be coming out since it didn’t make it in 2016.

smokeydahair said:

January 8th, 7:32 am

Need release date confirmation for the PlayStation 4 Platinum Wireless Headset. No one has the right date, I’m trying to buy it. Please answer your customers for once so I can stop asking on Twitter literally every hour. You guys never answer, you don’t communicate. It’s way too close to launch for you guys to announce another delay, so why not just tell us what’s going on? Tell the retailer’s at least.

Sincerely, a frustrated customer trying to give you $160.00

Matthew60two said:

January 8th, 12:37 pm

I wish these type of shows were in videos, that way it would include subtitles/closed captions. Either way, happy new year!

PlasmaGlory said:

January 8th, 8:01 pm

This is the first time I’ve listened to your podcast and I have to say that I was very disappointed. Why would I spend time listening to other people read The Drop when I could just do that myself. Clearly no one had prepared since none of you knew anything about the games you were reading off. If you guys are interested in attracting new listeners, you need to take your podcast more seriously.

Megusta32 said:

January 9th, 1:19 am

Finally a stealth fan on the podcast!
Hitman also happens to be one of my favourites this year. Great game, but the Elusive Targets took it a step further to make it amazing.
Just waiting on that platinum trophy to come at the end of the month!

Cheers Zac and welcome!

ASDF5544 said:

January 9th, 5:54 pm

I played rise of the tomb raider & final fantasy xv.

Dead-Sync said:

January 9th, 8:57 pm

Welcome back everyone! Hope you had a good holiday and new year! Congrats and welcome Zac! It sounds like you’re going to fit in just fine. (I could literally see Sid’s eyes light up at the mentions of Deus Ex and XCOM…and this is an AUDIO podcast!)
    My only advice though is if you have your own fort, be weary of it’s proportional make-up, as “reasons to remember the name” often leads to an invalid result of 200%.

Cheers!

BathoryBlaze said:

January 10th, 5:19 am

I would like to know why sony japan gets full price just released games for plus and i get old garbage games?

Akmaljon said:

January 10th, 11:12 pm

Because, Sony is Japanese company. And they don’t give a bull about u or me or anyone else besides Japan

jgrizzle358 said:

January 10th, 8:22 am

Oh yeah. Zac is gonna fit right in.

Akmaljon said:

January 10th, 9:28 pm

Where is the list of the games that got award. Games for which we voted?

HugoStiglitz_420 said:

January 11th, 3:18 pm

Anyone want to join a podcast that is somewhat like this one?

I’m looking for new people to replace a couple of members. Right now it’s just 2 of us and we’d like a least 1 more. Just send message me on PSN if you’re down or if you just want to check out the podcast we’ve been doing for the past 2 years.

cjkloster said:

January 12th, 1:09 pm

Welcome to the crew Zach! …and have a good trip Justin. I’d love to go to Japan some day!