Overwatch

Jan 11

30116239760_ae512fe1f0_z

Horizon Zero Dawn Trailer Reveals New Friends and Foes

30116239760_ae512fe1f0_z

Jeroen Roding's Avatar Posted by on Jan 11, 2017 // Community Manager, Guerrilla

To date, Horizon‘s trailers have offered glimpses of the game’s majestic, post-post-apocalyptic world and awe-inspiring machines. There’s a lot we’ve yet to show, but we’re starting the new year with a big new trailer that focuses on yet another threat for Aloy to face.

The video likewise affords glimpses of some of the allies who may join Aloy’s cause, from the mighty to the mysterious.

Who are these masked warriors, and what is the source of their power over the machines? Who will rally to Aloy’s side on the field of battle? The answers to these and other questions will be revealed on February 28, 2017, when Horizon Zero Dawn launches exclusively for PS4.

For everything Horizon Zero Dawn, keep your eyes on our Twitter and Facebook channels for new updates.

45 Comments

+ Butters360 on January 11th, 2017 at 8:06 am said:

STOKED!

+ Jeroen_R on January 11th, 2017 at 10:24 am said:

Great to hear :)

+ Born2EndLives84 on January 11th, 2017 at 6:45 pm said:

This is the best looking game I have ever seen and I’ve been playing since 1988! It makes Uncharted 4 look like a PS3 game.lol. It will be better though considering the world I got to play the demo in at E3 was about the size of Skyrim and it reminded me ALOT like it especially when you play in 3rd person! Definitely a Game Of The Year 2017 contender and I will be buying a 4K TV for my PS4 Pro just for this masterpiece!

+ G-Force08 on January 11th, 2017 at 8:09 am said:

That moment you realize that Horizon Zero Dawn takes place in the same universe as Killzone but many centuries (or millennia) after the Helghast and ISA have basically wiped each other out and almost all of the rest of humanity. :p

(Kidding, but some of the “ancient” tech definitely looks the same)

+ G-Force08 on January 11th, 2017 at 8:17 am said:

For comparison look at Killzone’s MAWLRs. These “ancient machines” look pretty similar to MAWLRs, maybe just smaller, faster, and more efficient models. Newer than the ones we saw in the Killzone games.

Unlikely but I think that would be a fun twist. :p

+ G-Force08 on January 11th, 2017 at 8:20 am said:

Also, look at Aloy and her tribe’s outfits. Has similarities to ISA armor and color schemes. Maybe they’re descendants of the ISA and the tribe in red are descendants of the Helghans. Alright, I’m done with my silly theories.

Can’t wait for the game!

+ DMZ_P on January 11th, 2017 at 8:58 am said:

This could very well be the case :)

+ Jeroen_R on January 11th, 2017 at 10:30 am said:

Hahaha it certainly isn’t the same universe :) if stuff looks similar, maybe. I mean we have been making Killzone games for 10 years.

+ xeno3d on January 11th, 2017 at 12:59 pm said:

1:26 in the trailer, that is Sinclair from Killzone Shadowfall

+ earth_inheritor on January 13th, 2017 at 7:48 am said:

Holy **** it looks exactly like Sinclair i just googled an image of him

+ OrageBufera on January 11th, 2017 at 8:10 am said:

Looking forward to this one

+ saab01 on January 11th, 2017 at 8:12 am said:

Looking good can’t wait to give this game a spin.

+ XIST27 on January 11th, 2017 at 8:16 am said:

Collectors edition payed for and I CAN NOT WAIT!!!!

+ PaleMemories on January 11th, 2017 at 8:16 am said:

Watched it twice. Whew.

I’m assuming this is showing the PS4 Pro running the game, so I have to temper my expectations a little, but still.

Gonna be a long two months.

+ MakoSOLIDER on January 11th, 2017 at 11:06 am said:

Actually I think it’s just standard PS4. The trailer would probably be in 4K otherwise?

+ FATHASUN on January 11th, 2017 at 8:24 am said:

The Plot thickens.

+ smokeydahair on January 11th, 2017 at 8:39 am said:

Playstation 4 platinum wireless headset!

Sony needs to confirm the release date since no retailer seems to know it.

+ KazeEternal on January 11th, 2017 at 10:23 am said:

you seem pretty anxious for something that will break after a year or two around the joints.

+ xeno3d on January 11th, 2017 at 1:00 pm said:

Supposed to be tomorrow…. but my Best Buy order hasn’t even shipped yet

+ whereymyconary on January 11th, 2017 at 8:43 am said:

Looking good, and release date didn’t change…. worried me for a sec

+ xeno3d on January 11th, 2017 at 8:44 am said:

It IS connect to the Killzone universe!!! Look at the characyer at 1:26 in this trailer and then google images of Sinclair from Killzone Shadowfall!!!!

+ xeno3d on January 11th, 2017 at 8:45 am said:

*character

We need edit functionality

+ ABeardedViking on January 11th, 2017 at 11:20 am said:

is that David Harewood whoThomas Sinclair in KZ or Lance Reddick who is Commander Zavala from Destiny

+ Soularous on January 11th, 2017 at 6:01 pm said:

That is an unfair statement. That is a CGI representation of an actor in real life. He also stars in Infinite Warfare. He also plays Martian Manhunter in CW’s “Supergirl” TV show. His name is David Harewood.

+ Soularous on January 11th, 2017 at 6:02 pm said:

Therefore, saying that it’s connected based on that is pretty much like saying Killzone is connected to Infinite Warfare…which is also not true. Sorry to burst your bubble pal :)

+ CrusaderForever on January 11th, 2017 at 9:01 am said:

Looks spectacular! The Pro is going to really shine with this game. This will be my 34th Platinum!

+ TomatoDragon on January 11th, 2017 at 10:11 am said:

Day 1 all day. :)

+ Born2EndLives84 on January 11th, 2017 at 6:48 pm said:

Yes sir I will call in sick as hell!

+ KazeEternal on January 11th, 2017 at 10:19 am said:

It’s the Helghast! They’ve returned and activated the machines!!!

+ MakoSOLIDER on January 11th, 2017 at 10:20 am said:

Can we get a 4K/HDR version of the trailer since YT supports both?

+ Bulleteddy on January 11th, 2017 at 10:33 am said:

OMG! This just raised my anticipation of this game from 8/10 to 26/10!!! Looks like GOTY material…in FEBRUARY!!!!

+ gameman15 on January 11th, 2017 at 10:58 am said:

I highly doubt that there will be any connections to the Killzone game series (especially the supposed appearance of the Helghast). However, we might see some easter eggs and/or minor references to the Killzone games.

+ Welmosca on January 11th, 2017 at 11:01 am said:

They better put some KZ easter eggs on it.

+ xeno3d on January 11th, 2017 at 12:53 pm said:

Look at 1:26 in the trailer. That is Sinclair from Killzone Shadowfall

+ Welmosca on January 11th, 2017 at 11:00 am said:

Nice but since UC4 released Horizon is ma most anticipated game and I think I’ve seen enough of it…so no more trailers for me.Can’t wait to get ma hands on this baby and I’ve been saying this for a while now…GOTY 2017.

+ ABeardedViking on January 11th, 2017 at 11:13 am said:

Horizon Zero Dawn is looking to be my Witcher 3 for 2017. Hype level 9000

+ Solid_Figur3 on January 11th, 2017 at 2:46 pm said:

I wasn’t expecting to see Lance Reddick.

+ Faenix1 on January 11th, 2017 at 3:53 pm said:

K. They need to start labeling trailers as running on Pro or OG. Because at this point I don’t know if I should get my non-pro self hyped up or not. (hell I remember that E3 getting me hyped up and then no games looking quite that good. Learned not to trust E3 promo trailers. lol)

Sad to be in the new era of “don’t expect to get near what you see because you don’t want to shell out $400 for a new PS4”.

+ Soularous on January 11th, 2017 at 6:05 pm said:

It really doesn’t matter. It’s probably gonna look great either way. And if the Killzone games are any reference to base it off of, the graphics are sure to be nice. Killzone Shadowfall is several years old now and it looks REALLY good still.

+ BeanDK on January 14th, 2017 at 11:03 pm said:

Agree completely. Deceptive if they show game running on Pro without making it clear.

+ omegazio on January 11th, 2017 at 3:58 pm said:

I can’t wait to play this masterpiece!

+ Kaelum on January 11th, 2017 at 7:55 pm said:

There has only been one other game that has given me goosebumps, before ever playing the game. Some of you might have heard of it, “The Last of Us”.

+ ERGOPROXY-DECAY on January 11th, 2017 at 9:54 pm said:

So no co-op at all? bummer.

+ IcedDice777 on January 12th, 2017 at 4:04 am said:

Already pre-ordered the collectors edition! Looking forward to it and play it on my PS4 Pro!

Looking forward for the Next Killzone too ;)

Ps. Please Pro patch Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer component when you get a chance or Totally Remaster Killzone 2 with MP and all Maps for PS4/Pro too ;)

+ BeanDK on January 14th, 2017 at 11:01 pm said:

Looks fantastic, still. If it only plays half as great… ;)