Call of Duty Infinite Warfare

Jan 17

Action RPG Tokyo Xanadu Coming to PS4 and PS Vita This Year

Danny Miscevich's Avatar Posted by on Jan 17, 2017 // Sr. Sales and Marketing Manager, Aksys Games

Gather ’round, RPG aficionados! Aksys Games and Nihon Falcom are proud to announce Tokyo Xanadu for PS Vita and Tokyo Xanadu EX+ for PS4!

Tokyo Xanadu is a massive action RPG and will release Summer 2017 in North America. Tokyo Xanadu EX+ is an enhanced version of the base game and will release Fall 2017 in North America. In addition to the standard editions of each game, we’ll be releasing two limited editions stacked full of awesome goodies! What’s in the booox(es)?! Let’s take a closer look…

• Tokyo Xanadu Physical Copy (Vita)
  • 5″ Deluxe Morimaru Plush
  • Blade Card Game Deck
  • 60 page Art Book
  • CD Soundtrack
  • Collector’s Box

• Tokyo Xanadu EX+ Physical Copy (PS4)
  • 9″ Deluxe White Shroud Statue
  • Blade Card Game Deck
  • 60 page Art Book
  • CD Soundtrack
  • Collector’s Box

So what’s Tokyo Xanadu all about? A colossal earthquake devastates Tokyo and changes the lives of its inhabitants forever. 10 years pass and the city and its inhabitants slowly return to a semblance of normalcy. However, behind the veil of this newly rebuilt metropolis lies another world, one with a sinister secret.

The earthquake that originally destroyed Tokyo was actually caused by the emergence of a mysterious and lethal shadow world known as Eclipse. Now, action must be taken to thwart the legions of Eclipse and ensure the protection of peace. (That’s where you come in!)

Epic stakes always make for dramatic quests, but any hero worth their weight in loot and XP knows that no adventure is ever complete without a memorable cast of quirky characters. Tokyo Xanadu offers this in spades as you’re guaranteed to encounter a multitude of eccentric personalities in your journey through Moriyama City.

Build relationships and forge alliances as you unravel the secrets of Eclipse and get ever closer to the truth behind the mysterious shadow world. The EX+ version of the game will offer a plethora of additional features to those looking for more content including new monsters, dungeons, modes and a new playable character: the White Shroud.

So there you have it, gamers! Whether you game on the go or at home, Tokyo Xanadu and Tokyo Xanadu EX+ both offer something for everyone!

+ TheExiled12894 on January 17th, 2017 at 10:04 am said:

Thank you for giving the Vita release equal treatment.

Danny Miscevich's Avatar

+ Danny Miscevich on January 17th, 2017 at 10:23 am said:

We do love our HD handheld. Vita keeps on tickin’!

+ Dusean17 on January 17th, 2017 at 10:21 am said:

This guy knows whats up, I still find it strange that 3rd Party supports Vita better than first Party. Same problem at launch Vita got overshadowed hugely by PS4 and even PS3 and other services that Sony tried to provide instead of focusing on the Vita like they should have. No offense, love my vita looking forward to more games.

+ Arbruk on January 17th, 2017 at 11:08 am said:

Where can we preorder this at?

+ padfoot922 on January 17th, 2017 at 1:03 pm said:

Keep the Vita games coming. Song thinks the handheld is dead but us fans say otherwise.

+ Lone_Dad on January 18th, 2017 at 8:08 am said:

I just got my PS Vita last night. I’m gonna keep my eye on this one!

+ Mayusa_Lord on January 18th, 2017 at 12:18 pm said:

Is there any news about a Dub ? I been a big fun of Falcom dubs thanks to Legend of heroes :)

+ Asshawk on January 17th, 2017 at 10:13 am said:

Damn, I was hoping the EX+ stuff would get ported over to the vita version for the west. Oh well, at least it’s actually getting a physical release so I’m happy in the end.

+ ravenn411 on January 17th, 2017 at 10:13 am said:

Thanks Aksys! I’m glad to see a Vita version, especially a physical copy of the game.
And to top it off, a limited edition!!!

Man, Vita is kicking this year! Yeah!

Danny Miscevich's Avatar

+ Danny Miscevich on January 17th, 2017 at 10:22 am said:

Roll on Vita, roll on!

+ Naozumi on January 17th, 2017 at 10:16 am said:

Nice, I’m glad that you guys managed to get the PS4 version as well. Will the game have Japanese voices as an option?

Danny Miscevich's Avatar

+ Danny Miscevich on January 17th, 2017 at 10:26 am said:

Has Japanese voices. :)

+ dunpealPL on January 22nd, 2017 at 11:09 am said:

That’s a great news, got my Vita just so I could play Falcom games on it after falling in love with them on PC. Previous only-eng-dub releases were a disappointment, but glad you guys managed to secure jp dialogues (even more so given how xseed said it was impossible to get it for their games).

+ InDesigner on January 17th, 2017 at 10:17 am said:

Ha! this was nowhere near my radar, but now its a must buy. the physical Vita SE is tempting. I’ll be getting that version if i’m able to.

+ Arigato7788US on January 17th, 2017 at 10:21 am said:

As for the “CD Soundtrack”, we’re talking about a few mere samples of actual tracks, right? I’m pretty sure Falcom doesn’t want competition with those since they now sell their complete soundtracks internationally through online services.

+ spoonTRex on January 17th, 2017 at 10:22 am said:

Wow, I will definitely keep this on my radar when pre-orders open up (hopefully amazon). Is this game going to be voiced in English?

Danny Miscevich's Avatar

+ Danny Miscevich on January 17th, 2017 at 10:25 am said:

This will be available to preorder on Amazon, GameStop, etc. Just waiting for the almighty links…

+ Ragnawind on January 17th, 2017 at 10:22 am said:

This is good news. I will now be able to just ignore the Vita version and get the enhanced PS4 version instead.

+ Typetm012 on January 17th, 2017 at 10:24 am said:

Any chance for the Index costumes DLC?
Thanks

+ Silver_shion on January 17th, 2017 at 10:28 am said:

Falcom? CD Soundtrack?
Take all my money right now

+ Colette_Brunel on January 17th, 2017 at 10:30 am said:

Great news, the Limited Editions look so nice! Will the game have an English Dub option?

Danny Miscevich's Avatar

+ Danny Miscevich on January 17th, 2017 at 1:26 pm said:

The game will not have an English dub option.

+ Souledge94 on January 17th, 2017 at 6:17 pm said:

but its a falcom game. xseed always gets dubs for them. What the heck happened?

+ razisgosu on January 17th, 2017 at 11:36 pm said:

Its a different publisher. Obviously voicing options won’t be the same. I for one am quite glad to hear the original audio will be available.

+ Souledge94 on January 18th, 2017 at 12:32 am said:

@razi
    Well sucks these guys got their hands on it. Wish xseed got it since we most likely would ol have gotten dual. Instead we get half. Man GG,BB and now this. This localization team has become depressing.

+ Mickuchiha on January 18th, 2017 at 11:46 am said:

Nice to hear this, original audio is better 90% of the time

+ Welmosca on January 19th, 2017 at 8:30 am said:

@ Mickuchiha – Try 100% of the time…there are very few japanese games that are better in english.Most are unplayable like this one.

+ Naozumi on January 17th, 2017 at 10:34 am said:

Great, will buy the LE when it goes up then. Thanks for confirmation.

+ Bastadon on January 17th, 2017 at 10:35 am said:

What will be the differences between the Vita version and the PS4 version?

Danny Miscevich's Avatar

+ Danny Miscevich on January 17th, 2017 at 1:28 pm said:

Both versions have the “base game” while EX+ has the playable White Shroud character, an “after story quest” and some extra bells and whistles.

+ ravenn411 on January 17th, 2017 at 10:42 am said:

The PS4 version is like the definitive edition of the game.
    The Vita is the base vesion of the game.

+ Bastadon on January 17th, 2017 at 10:52 am said:

Definitive how?

+ Xevran52 on January 17th, 2017 at 11:51 am said:

The eX+ version has more content, with more enemies, dungeons, and extra chracters, etc.. It’s the definitive version.

+ Animebaka on January 17th, 2017 at 5:27 pm said:

From what I can remember from my ventures, ex+ has:
    -More dungeons
    -More playable characters
    -After story after main game
    -After story after each chapter
    -More dlc outfits
    -A few characters appear in different places
    -More recordable character bios
    -Gachapon games
    -Ability to give your Niar (the pda thing) a voice

+ Animebaka on January 17th, 2017 at 5:42 pm said:

Oh and a few more extra quests

+ Aeana on January 17th, 2017 at 10:40 am said:

I saw you say that the game has Japanese voices. Is that Japanese only, or dual audio?

+ crispyn64 on January 17th, 2017 at 10:40 am said:

Will it be coming to Europe?

Danny Miscevich's Avatar

+ Danny Miscevich on January 17th, 2017 at 1:29 pm said:

Coming to Europe!

+ Silver_shion on January 17th, 2017 at 10:44 am said:

I know both versions are different but I need to ask.
Cross Save??

+ Sagittarigo1209 on January 17th, 2017 at 11:47 am said:

The games are not identical. EX+ on the PS4 has additional story content that makes the 2 games incompatible in terms of saves. The most one could expect is a one way save transfer from the vanilla game to EX+.

+ zeil999 on January 17th, 2017 at 10:54 am said:

I, too, would like to know if this will have dual audio. I know you said it will have Japanese audio, but will it have English voice audio as well?

+ Dark_Poetry on January 17th, 2017 at 11:21 am said:

Thank you for bringing the Ex+ version to the west, I was worried it would remain exclusive to Japan.

+ Rednell_BR on January 17th, 2017 at 11:22 am said:

Will the Blade deck be enough for 2 players, or will they need to have a deck each?

+ clupula668 on January 17th, 2017 at 11:26 am said:

I will definitely be picking up the PS4 version! Thank you!

+ balmaceda_1923 on January 17th, 2017 at 11:31 am said:

Why I can’t see the offers in the ps store?

+ NoOneShallPass on January 17th, 2017 at 11:39 am said:

They should have added the EX+ extras to the Vita version, even if they had to be downloaded separately.

60 FPS I can live without, in exchange for portability… but the rest of the features are a deal breaker for me.

I´ll get it on a Steam sale, Falcom sure knows how to mess with its non japanese fanbase.

+ BlaqMagiq24 on January 17th, 2017 at 11:41 am said:

Please throw up the limited edition of Tokyo Xanadu eX+ on Best Buy PLEASE! Wanna preorder this ASAP. This is an easy Day 1 purchase.

Danny Miscevich's Avatar

+ Danny Miscevich on January 17th, 2017 at 1:30 pm said:

Should be up in the next few days at the latest.

+ jchill001 on January 17th, 2017 at 11:56 am said:

Since this guy is ignoring all of the “is there an English dub?” questions I think it’s safe to say that there won’t be one
Shame, was looking forward to this

+ mamaburra on January 17th, 2017 at 12:32 pm said:

Thank you for supporting the Vita!

SONY WHERE THE F— are my weekly sales? Goddamnitall. I guess I’ll just buy 3ds games instead.

+ DragonLord1389 on January 17th, 2017 at 12:55 pm said:

It’s great to see both versions of the game coming over! And with some Limited Editions as well. I’m definitely going to be getting both of them.Can’t wait for the pre-order links to go live.

+ lodgedrocket on January 17th, 2017 at 1:44 pm said:

Physical release and Playstation TV compatible! Epic!

+ BlindSeraph on January 17th, 2017 at 1:49 pm said:

This is so impressive!! Grabbing this for the Vita for sure!! I usually pick up the ps4 edition a month or two after. Thank you!!!

+ JaShatta1 on January 17th, 2017 at 2:13 pm said:

Finally, I have this Vita and u hardly get games for it, due to the limited support and yes u do have a PS3 AND PS4, when I go to work I need the VITA

+ outcelgeist on January 17th, 2017 at 2:14 pm said:

I’m kind of surprised to see Aksys publish this instead of XSEED. Day one regardless.

+ rememorii on January 17th, 2017 at 2:52 pm said:

Question! How many tracks will the LE soundtrack have?

+ rememorii on January 17th, 2017 at 10:51 pm said:

Also, will the DLC from the Vita version be available for the PS4 version?

+ PK_Haseo on January 17th, 2017 at 3:19 pm said:

Love these past Failstation sales, derp!

+ TeamGreen615 on January 17th, 2017 at 3:27 pm said:

You had me at retail version for Vita.
Thanks!

+ Torracat83 on January 17th, 2017 at 4:11 pm said:

Wish the plush was in the PS4 version, but that’s OK.

+ Kishnabe on January 17th, 2017 at 4:46 pm said:

Will there be a transfer save option from Vita to PS4?

If there is, what exactly transfer over?

+ Souledge94 on January 17th, 2017 at 5:39 pm said:

No english dub? Why are you not putting effort into localization. I was looking forward to this game and you just screwed it up. Thanks alot.

+ joshdawg11711 on January 17th, 2017 at 7:53 pm said:

Wait… “Blade”, as in the card game that is in Trails of Cold Steel?!

+ Dragonsmana on January 17th, 2017 at 9:50 pm said:

Double dipping.

+ MrCrowley16 on January 18th, 2017 at 3:24 am said:

Definitely gonna keep an eye on this. To many good game’s coming out this year.

+ jwj011576 on January 18th, 2017 at 5:22 am said:

HELLO SONY LOOK PEOPLE STILL WANT VITA GAMES! HOW ABOUT NOW THAT YOU GAVE UP ON THE VITA YOU DROP THE MRSP OF THE VITA MEMORY CARDS. REMEMBER THE PRICE OF THE CARDS IS ONE OF THE BIG REASONS YOU GAVE UP ON THE VITA. THANKS A HUGE VITA FAN!

+ hatingamer on January 18th, 2017 at 6:36 pm said:

I love my ps vita and was so disappointed to hear that Sony GAVE UP on us vita owners in the west as far as having hard copies. I’m not a fan of being forced to only digital downloads.

+ Apollyon_Vice on January 19th, 2017 at 4:56 am said:

Physical Vita games?
Well, I’ll keep an eye out for this one.

+ FatalityAgain on January 19th, 2017 at 7:16 am said:

Oh man, i really want this.

Any word when preorders will open in Canada?

+ Welmosca on January 19th, 2017 at 8:33 am said:

Thanks for releasing this for Vita cuz it’s clearly a game for Vita not for PS4.Looks interesting…will take a look on gameplays.

+ YATO_U on January 19th, 2017 at 9:50 am said: