Overwatch

Feb 01

Feb 01

PS Plus: Free Games for February 2017

James Hallahan's Avatar Posted by PlayStation Plus

Your PlayStation Plus games for the month arrive on February 7! This month we have the incredibly creative LittleBigPlanet 3 and the fast-paced action game Not a Hero from Roll 7 (OlliOlli).

LittleBigPlanet 3 is available for all PS Plus members this month. This is one of the most imaginative games on PlayStation, full of platforming adventure and excitement. After you’ve explored the Imagisphere, flex your creative muscle and bring your own imagination to life or play one of the millions of original creations from the LBP Community.

We are also offering Not a Hero, because sometimes you just want to blast the criminal underworld to bits. Play as Steve, a professional assassin turned amateur campaign manager as he cleans for his boss, an anthropomorphic rabbit and mayoral candidate from the future named BunnyLord. Run, jump, shoot, and cut your way through this white-knuckle campaign.

Full lineup:

• LittleBigPlanet 3 // PS4
  • Not a Hero // PS4
  • Starwhal // PS3, cross buy with PS4
  • Anna — Extended Edition // PS3
  • Ninja Senki DX // PS Vita, cross buy with PS4
  • TorqueL // PS Vita, cross buy with PS4

A ton of gaming fun for such a short month. Enjoy!

Add Your Own

JuggaloHomie4321 said:

February 1st, 2:13 pm

Meh wish there was more Triple A titles in here I guess I’ll give LBP 3 a try though I’m just not into 8 bit games like most of these are

BLACKLABELSoc said:

February 1st, 2:43 pm

Stuff me. I think I might faint……………..Yep, I was riggggggggggggggggggg…………………………………………………………….
A real, proper, value for money set of games. I feel quite emotional. All these months and now this.
Sorry. I think I might need a little cry.
Thank you Sony.

just_nindza said:

February 1st, 2:53 pm

After only one month of good Vita games, another month of junk. GG

White_JackaL said:

February 1st, 3:52 pm

Hmm first time im a little let down by the free game’s.

Sebz4005 said:

February 1st, 3:56 pm

Maybe not the best place for this, but, *ahem*:

STOP PUTTING BAD GREENLIGHT GAMES ON MY FOUR HUNDRED DOLLAR VIDEO GAME MACHINE.

Thank you.

Mystakill2 said:

February 1st, 6:43 pm

Disappointed to be receiving the 2+ year old LBP3, which I bought for my kids when it came out. Stop recycling old titles and start adding new(ish) titles. Free & discounted PSVR games on occasion would be greatly appreciated as well.

PK_Haseo said:

February 1st, 6:46 pm

Awesome! Can’t wait…

Fnord said:

February 1st, 6:53 pm

Awesome! I’ve been playing a lot of Run Sackboy Run! lately which has started me looking at LBP3. Now I’m getting it for free. W00T!

Welmosca said:

February 2nd, 9:41 am

Run Sackboy Run is better than LBP3.

Rinostorm said:

February 1st, 7:32 pm

I cant buy a ps4 so why not lbp3 on ps3?

Akmaljon said:

February 1st, 9:38 pm

why do you even have ps+ if u dont have ps4. You dont need ps+ for ps3

steeler192 said:

February 2nd, 7:24 am

@Akmaljon: Cloud saved games backup, automatic download and install of game patches, automatic system software download, monthly free games and extra discounts on the online store.

WPBcrazy said:

February 1st, 8:03 pm

what kind of game is Ninja Senki?

Cometothefall said:

February 1st, 8:27 pm

I think people are missing out the fact that their playstation plus subscription is for their online play and online storage. The games and discounts are like an added bonus. Half the people here are comparing Microsoft to Sony as if they’re trying to spark a fire and start a war. Seriously. I’m annoyed with the line up however, it will benefit people that will more than likely enjoy these games. So instead of complaining, just jump back on your high horse and continue with your life. These free games DO NOT interfere with your life one bit. You’re just making yourself seem like ungrateful little, idiotic kids. Leave Sony to be Sony and if you have a problem, go and beg them for a job.

Akmaljon said:

February 1st, 9:43 pm

HAHAHAHAHA! NOO! “””Free Games””” are not bonus! open your eyes. What are you talking about? Having a problem with line up doesnt make complainers a kid. And certainly have nothing to do with you to argue their point. So leave them alone and beat your own kids if u have one. you are arrogant and ignorant.

Cometothefall said:

February 3rd, 8:11 pm

Akmaljon.

You’re funny aren’t you? They are free. Do the math of every individual game and compare it to the price you’re actually paying for your subscription. That’s if you know simple calculations. Now, now, I never said they were or are kids, I simply stated that they’re acting like kids. You should probably brush up on your basic reading skills while you learn mathematics.
    You telling me to leave them alone is kind of ironic because you’re literally coming at me, it’s like you think you’re intimidating while I happily sit here and laugh to myself at your pathetic attempt. I have no kids because I have a life to live. Also if I had them, you’d tell me to beat them? I pray to God you have none or you never will. I’d hate to know what you do to kids.

You’re literally pathetic. Haha. It’s a comment stating opinions and facts, yet there’s you. A little sad and annoyed pesant because the games are not what they want. Gtfo and get a life. Haha!

XDWeRLeRdXD said:

February 6th, 12:32 am

It’s hilarious your telling others to get a life considering i’ve been skimming through the comments and have seen you’ve been coming back to respond to replys on your ego stroking comment in reading this message you’re proving my point that you have no life because you’re to busy stroking your member and putting others opinions down i won’t read your reply coz i got better things to do so go get laid you jumped up little virgin

Cedarson said:

February 1st, 10:41 pm

Why don’t you just say that PS Plus is online PvP player access only and not free games instead of bombarding us with this crap? Please bring quality back to monthly games or do away with it altogether. It’s offensive at this point.

Sampagne said:

February 1st, 10:58 pm

everyone keeps predicting gravity rush remastered and they keep not giving it to us. Dont really want to buy it and have it be free the next month.

abraves1221 said:

February 1st, 11:59 pm

I am fully on the side of they don’t HAVE to give us any games for free, but I do find it hilarious that they make you wait for the lineup reveal and keep it all hush hush and then when it does comes out its games they had massively on sale (75-85% off) or a bunch of indie games….that is part of the reason people are mad Sony…you make it all secretive and then don’t give anything worth keeping a secret over

haru-nee-ellieV3 said:

February 2nd, 12:02 am

TALES OF ZESTIRIA – GOD OF WAR III – UNTIL DAWN , THANKS SO MUCH PS+ !!!! ….. oh wait wrong region.

stevelvl said:

February 3rd, 10:23 am

i know.. right…

TSTina said:

February 2nd, 1:13 am

Wow. Not one of these games interests me. I just bought a year of PS+ in December and I regret it already. So if you’re giving us 5 2D Platformers this month, that means we’ll get 5 JRPGS next month, right? (Please, none of that Kemco shovelware that sells for $0.99 on Android.)

TOTALFILM said:

Tales of Zestiria
Alienation
Actual Sunlight.

Sony NA & EU, we done something wrong?(((

Owlwing781 said:

February 3rd, 3:46 am

EXACTLY! Why don’t care about us Americans!

Cassidy85 said:

February 2nd, 2:12 am

Oh great some more ps plus free games i aint even going to touch lbp everyone whos brought a sony in aus got that game last year with the sony come on sony give us something decent

ChaoticToTheMax said:

February 2nd, 3:28 am

I honestly have no idea why everyone is complaining. This looks like the best lineup they had in recent months. Alot of the games maybe indies but they need some attention too. Plus you subscribed for free PS Plus games, right? They choose the games, you don’t got a say in it. They have been offering some great games the past few months, but you guys are either too focused on the AAA scene coming to ps plus, when it’s already here, or too disinterested to try the game.

TOTALFILM said:

February 2nd, 6:57 am

This looks like the best lineup they had in recent months.
    Dude. This is a problem.
    Asia got better games EVERY month!

musibat said:

February 2nd, 3:30 am

Good. I am up for all of these games on the list. thanks :) LBP3 is the only one out of the series i havnt played. me and my wife would enjoy that for sure.

plus ninja senki i have to say i have never heard of. but now i am excited to get my hands on that, it looks awesome.

great line up :)

sk_fudge said:

February 2nd, 4:41 am

Not a huge lbp fan but I am digging all the cross Buy games

Matzoh-bALLa said:

February 2nd, 5:09 am

I’m just going to say it right now.

This month looks fantastic. For one to say these games may not be up your alley is one thing, but to objectively call this lineup bad is both poor in taste and generally irresponsible.

They continue to support the Playstation cross-buy feature to even further reward those who are truly invested into the ecosystem Sony is trying to cultivate.

I’m overjoyed by this Lineup and hope to see more like it in the future.

Thanks Sony c:

Welmosca said:

February 2nd, 9:40 am

Well said…the cross-buy really does it.

SuperPrimeVol said:

February 2nd, 6:58 am

The line up this month is kind of weak. The only game I’m most likely going to add to my library is LBP3, the rest just don’t interest me. I mean I understand the whole infatuation with indie games, but there aren’t many indie games out that are worth anything, and if I am playing a game that looks like something I would’ve played on my NES when I was 8 then by all means please keep that game out of the line up.

Also as an avid VIta user I really wish the quality of those games would pick up too, since it appears Sony has all but given up on the Vita, which is a shame, they might as well start putting out at least the best Vita games that they have instead of the crap they’ve been giving us.

PHACE973 said:

February 2nd, 7:56 am

Just this month? LOL

every month is pretty much a let down…

at least we have a new let down to look forward to every month. lol

AceBeeDee said:

February 2nd, 7:18 am

I’m voting for bringing the store update posts back

zooose18 said:

February 2nd, 7:46 am

I can’t wait for LBP 3 <3

The_Evil_Nick said:

February 2nd, 8:07 am

but why only the ps4 version and not the ps3 one as well. makes ZERO sense.

PHACE973 said:

February 2nd, 7:54 am

[INSERT CRYING JORDAN FACE HERE]

CAN WE JUST GET FREE ONLINE GAMING BACK SO I CAN DEACTIVATE THIS HORRIBLE PLUS SERVICE?

LIFE WOULD BE SOO MUCH MORE EASIER THAN DEALING WITH THE HEARTBREAK OF KNOWING I’M PAYING $60 BUCKS A YEAR FOR HORRIBLE MONTHLY TITLES I PRETTY MUCH DON’T TAKE ADVANTAGE OF.

C’MON SONY BE THE BIGGER COMPANY AND GIVE US OUR FREEDOM BACK!

I REALLY DON’T APPRECIATE PAYING MEMBERSHIP FEES JUST FOR ONLINE GAMING.

The_Evil_Nick said:

February 2nd, 8:06 am

I wish they would offer a half priced service without the free games and just online play and cloud backup. I mean more than half of these titles are junk I have zero interest in but am OBVIOUSLY paying for through subsidies with this service. Titan Souls was the first + title I actually played through since the infamous 3 expansion and THANK GOD I never paid for that game, so overrated. Just horrid controls.

wtf_Strike said:

February 2nd, 7:56 am

I’ve enjoyed some of the games the last few months, and it looks like I’ll enjoy these games as well. Thanks.

Messiah_Byrd said:

February 2nd, 7:58 am

I may pick this up

The_Evil_Nick said:

February 2nd, 8:04 am

can I ask why you have LBP3 for Ps4 but not the Ps3 version as well? It seems sort of sleezy to not just put both version up since they are essentially your game anyway and Im sure the ps3 version is much cheaper anyway. I gave my ps3 to a small child in the family and usually use the + titles for him since most of my games are to mature and honestly this would have been a perfect game for him.

Cmon sony you still have time to throw it in. DO IT

Spamsalot said:

February 2nd, 8:07 am

Ehh… Why is there this big of a difference in service quality compared to the asian region? I mean they got God Of War 3 Remastered, Tales of Zestiria, Alienation, Gravity Rush Remastered (last year) and now Until Dawn. Compared to that line up this is pure garbage. Please hire the asian region guys for picking games.

Welmosca said:

February 2nd, 9:37 am

Wow they got Alienation and Until Dawn?….DAMN!!

imfirus said:

February 2nd, 9:02 am

Dear Sony, we hate all of this “Indie games”. They will be good in some way for some people i think, but not for our monthly free games. You need to follow the patch that another regions are doing, they are really making happy their suscribers. We need good and solid games, not just a waste of pixels and boring histories.

Cometothefall said:

February 3rd, 8:18 pm

No offence, but you can’t say “we” because it makes you sound as if you’re speaking for everyone.

I agree not all inde games are good or great but, there are some half decent ones out there and I’m pretty sure these will also appeal to a majority of people also.

Welmosca said:

February 2nd, 9:35 am

Oh awesome month!!…now this is what PSPlus should be haha,crappy games that ain’t worth to buy is what we need for free and LBP3 fits that spot perfectly,LBP was once great and it still is in ma memory but thanks to LBP3 and Sony infinite greed the series got ruined…I would never buy it but for free its a joy.

Not a Hero is not a game to be played on PS4…would gladly play it on Vita or PS3 but on PS4 just no,but it’s a good game nevertheless so nice too.

And it’s been a while since I’ve been wanting to try Starwhal.Dunno or don’t remember the other games so I won’t say anything about it.

Great month indeed.

AlmightyStarfire said:

February 2nd, 10:02 am

Waheyyy, finally a ‘big’ game! Well done Sony, it’s only been nearly a year!
Typically though, I already own LBP3, as I’m sure have most who are interested. So, another boring month for me!

wwe23mega said:

February 2nd, 10:28 am

LBP 3 and Not A Hero? YES PLEASE!! This lineup is great! Amazing Job, Sony :)

dlmoses814 said:

February 2nd, 10:39 am

Not bad at all gang. Keep up the good work. LBP3 is great for the creative types. I really dont mind seeing more oddball titles pop up either, variety is great.

WOLFMAN_FAM said:

February 2nd, 11:14 am

More junk KIDS games

TheEmperor555 said:

February 2nd, 11:20 am

Well LBP3 is the first game i actually care about form the PSN plus free games in probably 6 months. Thank you Sony, but still you need to get your stuff together and offer better games. XBox is destroying Sony on that department. I get games worth playing almost every month on games with gold. Still thank you for LBP3 it is appreciated it.

cedie0601 said:

February 2nd, 11:28 am

What the heck asia ps plus have until dawn.
SMH.
Tsk tsk tsk.

True_Gamer-27 said:

February 2nd, 1:55 pm

I hope this lineup is Sony thinking that because Valentine’s Day is in February, people should spend the month more on dates than playing games.

VEDAY581945 said:

February 2nd, 3:05 pm

Not really impresed with the past two months bad games. Gotta do better psn

Mikaidesu said:

February 2nd, 3:40 pm

Personally i hate the way the store is since its beta version on ps3 before ps4 release and still do then theres the whole thing that games that are released in the week dont even show up in the new this week page and the amount of tiling is just hurts my eyes i miss the old store cause even now this store still feels slow or takes forever to load or gives errors when there is nothing happening. I though would love a change or option to the xmb where i can completely remove the stupid people you may know thing in the social area cause i dont care for said people that are suggested to me so on, make it happen Sony.

Mikaidesu said:

February 2nd, 3:41 pm

oh also a way to hide the tv services tile cause i dont use any of that stuff as im sure most people feel the same way

Mikaidesu said:

February 2nd, 3:47 pm

And like so many people above have pointed out the west region titles are wack like i remember playing my ps1 and ps2 exclusively for rpg’s and that tales game woulda been great to have i honestly have not touched any games free cause most of them are not worth the time.

What would be a good thing to do is give us ps2 classics or ps1 games in the monthly line up that we actually care about or do votyes for every month by the players.

gottijr23 said:

February 2nd, 5:25 pm

Literally just beat Little Big Planet 3 with a friend -,-

Idta said:

February 2nd, 6:28 pm

Before you guys go saying how great this month is… Hong Kong ps plus members get little big Planet 3 as well as not a hero as well as until dawn and a free copy of God of war 3 remastered. Like seriously? What is this?

Idta said:

February 2nd, 6:30 pm

Before you guys go saying how great this month is… Hong Kong ps plus members get little big Planet 3 as well as not a hero as well as until dawn and a free copy of God of war 3 remastered. Like seriously? What is this crap?

Akmaljon said:

February 2nd, 9:40 pm

I am agree with you! In my opinion this is same as racism.

Arianna2468 said:

February 4th, 8:16 am

I agree with you.

NinjaPigs said:

February 2nd, 6:32 pm

How come the last few PS+ Monthly Announcement Videos don’t have PS3 or PS Vita games shown? They have only shown PS4 games for the video, even though PS Vita and PS3 games are shown on the list.

Also why don’t people buy the PS4 games even if they don’t have a PS4? I don’t have one but I have been purchasing the free games for when I get it (which will be soon).

I know many of these games are not that great to people on here, however I myself don’t mind. Unlike people who seem to have the money to buy many of the games on here, I don’t have that luxury. So all the games they have released on here, I haven’t played before.

One thing I miss though is the free PS1 games they offered years ago (back around 2010 or so).

fanofeverything said:

February 2nd, 7:52 pm

Little Big Planet 3 And Not A Hero For Free Huh? Acceptable…For Now At Least.

Harrijauna said:

February 2nd, 11:31 pm

another disappointing month of poor choices somebody should tell sony to leave the sega megadrive games in the museum where they belong. in 2 and half years of the ps plus i had 5 games last one was everybody has gone to the rapture

bradley7th1der said:

February 3rd, 12:56 am

Not cool Sony NOT COOL.

Owlwing781 said:

February 3rd, 3:43 am

While those are cool free games, whatever happened to the PS Plus where we got awesome Triple A games for free?! There was a time when we got Prototype 2, Tomb Raider (2013), Crysis 3, and many more TRIPLE A titles free of charge. Now it’s all just indie games that virtually no one cares about. Bring back the good old days for once, Sony!

NinjaPigs said:

February 3rd, 10:12 am

I am not sure what you mean by virtually no one cares about indie games. I care about them and those that understand where most game companies started as do care. If it wasn’t for Indie Games, we wouldn’t have what we do today.

From the way you speak about Indie Games, I can tell you never played Atari or Sega Genesis or any of the other older consoles. I enjoy Indie Games because they take me back to those systems.

Yeah, we could use better games at times, but if we complain over and over about the games we do get, one day Sony will just stop doing PS+. Why would they care doing this service if everyone complains about it all the time? No matter what game they release, there is always someone that complains about it.

This is especially to all those people that played the game. We know by now these games were released at least 1 year ago, maybe at least 2 years. Why would the give us relatively new games when they still sell for original price?

Plus there is the fact most likely Sony has to contact the Publisher in order to even use their games in PS+. Another alternative is they already give them permission and possibly how long to wait to put it on after release.

stevelvl said:

February 3rd, 10:17 am

i have respect for indy games, but they are just not for me.. i feel ya.

PashaAlex0 said:

February 3rd, 7:43 am

Why Not A Hero for PS4 only? PS Vita linup is the most pathetic thing I’ve ever seen yet.