PlayStation VR

Feb 09

GreedFall is a Fantasy RPG with Combat, Diplomacy, and Deception

Jehanne Rousseau's Avatar Posted by on Feb 09, 2017 // CEO, Spiders

Hi everyone! My name is Jehanne Rousseau and I’m the CEO at Spiders. We’ve been hard at work on the PS4 version of GreedFall, our latest RPG. Here’s our first teaser trailer!

GreedFall is set in a fantasy world with magic, adventure, and 17th century weaponry. We’re looking for a very unique visual aesthetic inspired by Baroque art from 17th Century Europe, complete with grandiose sceneries and environments in warm, muted colors, and dark undertones.

Explore a new world as you set foot alongside other settlers, mercenaries, and treasure hunters on a remote island seeping with magic, rumored to be filled with riches and lost secrets. A grand journey awaits as you find yourself in the middle of ever-increasing tensions between the invading settlers and the locals protected by supernatural beings and manifestations of the island’s earthly magic.

GreedFall is an RPG at its core: it follows our experience in building intricate worlds filled with mysteries to discover. By weaving deep character interactions, and offering players multiple options and paths to accomplish quests and objectives (you can explore combat, diplomacy, deception, or stealth), this is going to be our biggest game yet! The island of GreedFall is a living, ever-evolving world. Your actions, from seemingly trivial choices to the most important political decisions, will influence and affect its course as well as the relationship between the different factions established on the island.

GreedFall is planned for launch in 2018. We will reveal more about the game in the weeks and months to come. Stay tuned!

29 Comments

+ vladtobrazil on February 9th, 2017 at 3:04 am said:

Whoa! Where did this come from? This looks amazing!

+ Warped on February 9th, 2017 at 9:44 am said:

Seriously this is the first time I see this or even hear about it. it looks great

+ ColdIron-v13 on February 10th, 2017 at 1:22 am said:

Well this is the announcement of the game. Got to say I like the looks of it. I get a mix of The Witcher and Bloodborn from it and that suits my fancy quite nicely. Will be interesting in how the story plays out. Perhaps some chance of Pocahontas or Dances with wolfs elements.

+ IptamenesPites on February 9th, 2017 at 3:07 am said:

Nice concept. Good luck. I hope they address some of the problems of their previous games.

+ MrMothball on February 9th, 2017 at 4:05 am said:

This looks like it could be really good. Good luck!

+ eightleggedsteed on February 9th, 2017 at 4:10 am said:

Very excited for this game. Spiders makes great RPGs.

+ jbumi on February 9th, 2017 at 4:11 am said:

Whoo hoo!!! I am a huge fan of Spiders!!! I’ve played & completed all of their RPGs. They are the one company I will still preorder a game from. Will be watching for more info! Thanks for this sneak peek!!

+ Squareh00r on February 9th, 2017 at 4:40 am said:

Looks nice! Can’t wait to try it :)

+ Vizigoth04 on February 9th, 2017 at 5:45 am said:

Looks fantastic. Can’t wait for this.

+ White_JackaL on February 9th, 2017 at 6:09 am said:

Looking good guys, im excited for you. Though just keep a note on the past issues you have had like way to much cussing and combat issues. Looking forward to how this turns out.

+ Moon261 on February 9th, 2017 at 6:56 am said:

Color me intrigued…

+ Patsrule0316 on February 9th, 2017 at 7:23 am said:

I like the premise you are presenting, and will most likely keep an eye out for more information on this game. I am genuinely trying to say this in a constructive manner: This teaser itself feels incredibly generic. First, I hear the same basic music in this trailer that I have seen in a dozen trailers over the last year. If the game is going to be original (the premise certainly is), then be original, don’t do the same thing every other game is doing over the last year. More importantly, I get no feel for what the game will actually play like. Dead Island had the greatest teaser trailer I ever saw, but the game wound up being almost nothing like the trailer. Seeing something like this makes me as wary as it makes me intrigued. I much prefer to see a trailer with actual gameplay that gives me a sense of what the game actually is. All that being said, I hope the game is cool, and I will at least put it on my radar. I hope it is really cool.

+ CasselCrunk on February 9th, 2017 at 7:43 am said:

Cinematic trailers all look good these days, I have little faith until further development is shown. Been so unimpressed by this “new age” of gaming, standards are higher now, il pay more for games, just make them better not just bigger.

+ trentshs on February 9th, 2017 at 8:48 am said:

Looks promising and interesting… Will look out for this one.

+ MrBeens on February 9th, 2017 at 9:06 am said:

So many questions from this trailer… If she was running and he was just walking, how was he so close to her when he shot her? If she has the ability to call tree beast to help her, why didn’t she just do that to begin with, before getting shot? Why didn’t he just shoot her on the ground when he had the chance, instead of just standing there watching her laugh?

+ Vengeance1138 on February 9th, 2017 at 9:25 am said:

If he just shot her outright, wouldnt be a very good teaser would it? Also you can see him run towards her after she gets shot.

+ CinnamonZombie on February 9th, 2017 at 9:23 am said:

This got me excited. Can’t wait to see more of this.

+ paulogy on February 9th, 2017 at 9:30 am said:

WOW! Looks great. Really hoping we get to see more at E3, or sooner.

+ WhiterNinja on February 9th, 2017 at 10:21 am said:

Interesting. Can’t wait to see more.

+ Sabre11 on February 9th, 2017 at 2:23 pm said:

There is no such thing as “very unique”. It’s either unique or it is not.

+ jerk_man on February 10th, 2017 at 8:17 am said:

That’s a very unique way of putting it.

+ Kid_Fleetfoot on February 9th, 2017 at 2:27 pm said:

Oh! Oh! He sure got fooled.

+ JuggaloHomie4321 on February 9th, 2017 at 10:20 pm said:

Wow! This looks really good from the reveal trailer. It looks like pirates vs fantasy by the looks of it can’t wait to hear more!

+ FreshRevenge on February 10th, 2017 at 1:33 am said:

It looks like Bloodborne, Assassin’s Creed and The Witcher mix. I got Bound By Flames and thought it was good game but it felt very limited on character creation.Hopefully they implement a good character creator like Mass Effect or Dragon Age.

+ OnTheBus666 on February 10th, 2017 at 4:37 pm said:

Cool I’ll blast faerie spirits in a tricorner hat

+ DunningKrugerMD on February 10th, 2017 at 7:36 pm said:

This looks really cool!!

+ Joxsund on February 10th, 2017 at 7:46 pm said:

Work on a not so shallow soundtrack and then maybe I’ll consider this. Seriously, if you’re going to create a vibrant gaming experience with loads of content and fun rewarding gameplay you should at least choose a composition which complements and elevates the diversity and content that your game supposedly has to offer. Right now it just feels like another superficial marketing ploy.

+ JuggaloHomie4321 on February 13th, 2017 at 11:16 am said:

This looks amazing though I hope we have a good character creator like skyrim or mass effect with different clothing options and stuff like that

+ Whrathgar on February 15th, 2017 at 1:15 pm said:

Trailer looks cool, but this is def a “wait for the review” game for me. Focus Home Interactive have published some good stuff (Battlefleet Gothic Armada for one), but Bound by Flame was not a good game. Technomancer was an improvement over it from what I saw but I’m def not gonna pre-order anything by Spiders yet. Here’s to hoping for the best.