Call of Duty Infinite Warfare

Feb 16

Feb 16

Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy Lands on PS4 June 30

Kara Massie's Avatar Posted by Vicarious Visions

Everyone’s favorite marsupial is in the process of getting enhanced, entranced, and ready to dance in HD graphical glory when he bursts back onto the scene in the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy. But don’t worry, because the process isn’t that painful for him. Well, it’s not anything that a couple of wumpa fruits won’t fix.

We know Crash has plenty of fans out there, all eager for news about when he’s going to spin things up again. Your patience has paid off! Activision and the development team at Vicarious Visions have been hard at work updating this classic trilogy, and they have some big news to share with you — as well as answers to some questions they’ve received from fans — so read on!

When is the N Sane Trilogy Coming out?!

June!

30th!

(Yes, that’s 2017)!

Can you believe it?! We can hardly believe it.

Why did you wait until now to tell us?

To torture you!

No, seriously, from our point of view it’s about being confident in a schedule that allows us to deliver on the quality of games we all want. We had to ensure everything’s aligned to deliver it smoothly. Sometimes it takes a bit of time to know these things.

— (Kara Massie, Producer)

What has changed from the original games in the environment art?

This is a great question and something that we’ve been working pretty hard on. The addition of real-time lighting in a PBR (Physically Based Rendering) engine, along with an increase in texture size, can sometimes make our environments look different than the originals.

Generally, while we strive to recreate each level so it looks and feels like the original, we also want to make sure that environments are fun, colorful, and read well in the fast-paced action with the addition of the new technology we are using.

— (Dustin King, Art Lead)

What’s been your favorite level to make art for and why?

I’ve enjoyed working on the prehistoric levels, and I found them to be a good case for reinterpretation. As I started working on them, I found that adding more greenery helped bring more of the earthy, prehistoric look that hearkens back to the illustrations in dinosaur books I loved as a kid. I also decided the path is more like shallow swamp water, since a tar pit would slow the player down.

I like the contrasting mix of familiar elements of earth, fire, water, and plants, and it has been fun trying to effectively blend these elements.

— (Aaron Trulson, Environment Artist)

My favorite level to work on was Future Frenzy. This level was jam packed with lights, signs, and all of these cool futuristic shapes. It was really fun making the city look alive, with all of the neon signs and the flashing lights. Getting the reflections on the buildings to look just right was a lot of work for the engineering team, but I’m really excited with how it turned out.

— (Jeffrey Lee, Environment Artist)

My favorite levels to make art for have been Deep Trouble and Under Pressure. These underwater levels are full of colorful and exotic sea plants that bring the whole environment to life. I wanted to give more depth to these levels, so look out for a fuller looking ocean.

— (Andrew Lee, Environment Artist)

Is The N. Sane Crash wearing shorts or jorts or jeans?

Wow, I actually had to look up ‘jorts’! Our version of Crash is wearing surfer shorts which we felt reads much closer to the shapes, colors, and forms in the original games, and is in line with the original concept art we started from that was provided to us by Sony. We feel it also speaks to his ‘90s era persona.

— (Dustin King, Art Lead)

Who are the Voice Actors?

• Fred Tatasciore (Dingodile, Koala Kong, Komodo)
  • Debi Derryberry (Coco, Tawna)
  • Greg Eagles (Aku Aku)
  • Dwight Schultz (Papu, Lab Assistant)
  • Maurice LaMarche (Nitrous Brio, Lab Assistant)
  • John DiMaggio (Uka, Tiny Tiger)
  • Jess Harnell (Crash Bandicoot, Pinstripe Potoroo, Ripper Roo)
  • Corey Burton (Doctor N. Gin, Doctor N. Tropy, Baby Cortex)
  • Lex Lang (Dr. Neo Cortex)

Why did you remake the soundtrack compositions, instead of reusing the originals?

We are recreating the original compositions to match the high-definition visuals and the updated look and feel of the game. The original music was brilliantly composed and arranged to get the most out of the memory and processing power of the original PlayStation. With much expanded resources, we are able to really improve sound quality and fidelity, while staying faithful to the original compositions.

— (Justin Joyner, Audio Lead)

Remaster or remake? It’s a remake isn’t it? It’s totally a remake? Please settle this.

This is a AAA remaster. We’re giving this the love and attention to detail that we pay to all of our AAA games. We’re building it using the original level geometry so that it plays as close to the original as possible. We’ve also referred to this as a remaster plus, as we are adding new features that we think the fans are going to love!

— (Dan Tanguay, Game Director)

Did you see my idea? Did you read our thread / watch our video / get my letter?

We actually do check online now and then, and we read all our letters. But honestly we’re really, really busy. Did you notice that date? It’s coming up very soon. Like you, we are really huge Crash fans, and we feel that we are taking very good care of what we know is precious to you. There is so much to explain, and we will, in time. For now, please know that we love you, and that we love and appreciate your kind words and support.

— (Kara Massie, Producer)

Add Your Own

KBG29 said:

February 16th, 9:08 am

Awesome!

PSN digital Pre-order confirmed. Thank you Sony and Activision. Can’t wait to play through these again with a beautiful new paint job!

ashtonmalone92 said:

February 22nd, 6:26 pm

Are they going to come out with a bundle

Killabee said:

February 16th, 9:09 am

good times :)

gerneric123 said:

February 16th, 9:11 am

will the psone versions ever work on vita

you at vicarousvisions kind of owe vita that for your shoddy work on call of duty that eventually led to a shovelware studio dumping it out and sony abandoning the platform

cubbielovr said:

February 16th, 9:18 am

I am also very excited for this game gerneric123. I’m glad you are looking forward to it as well. (seriously, this game looks great)

wvnative said:

February 16th, 9:19 am

That’s not up to vicarious visions, that is up to Sony and Activision’s legal teams.

Cruise84 said:

February 16th, 9:41 am

I’ve had the psone version installed for some time, tho I’m in the Eu, so not sure if that matters.

djsaiyan said:

February 16th, 1:18 pm

LOL shoddy work? Did you play their cancelled Black Ops II port? Tell me more about how shoddy it was. What PRECISELY was wrong with it?

gerneric123 said:

February 16th, 2:27 pm

It was shoddy enough that instead of seeing the project through, Activision felt it would be better for a shovelware studio to slap together something in six months.

onslaughtree said:

February 16th, 2:44 pm

I play all 3 ps1 games plus CTR on my Vita for ears now. Ive used my ps3 to transfer them over to the Vita.

veryhoudini11 said:

February 16th, 4:18 pm

@gerneric123 you are ridiculous. They don’t owe us anything. And in case you didn’t know, all three crashes work on vita. I have all 3 on mine and I have a US account. They work flawlessly. However due to legal reasons they are not available for US customers for what ever reason between Sony and Activision. I have them because they were accidentally made available during a store update about 2 years ago. So the US customers that downloaded them at that time and didn’t delete them still have the games on vita.

To sum it up, vicarous has nothing to do or any control with crash being on US vita so your comment is ridiculous and pointless

gerneric123 said:

February 17th, 2:25 am

You claim my comment is entirely irrelevant, yet you posted a “solution” that was active for about 72 hours two years ago? How is that relevant? Yeah, no duh the games can technically run on Vita. I never doubted that. All PSone and PSP games can technically run on Vita. I want them to actually run on Vita for everyone. If Sony and Activision can release the games for PS4, and the games are downloadable on Vita everywhere outside of North America, I don’t think this is an insane request.

ALEX87PS said:

February 17th, 5:43 pm

I also want Crash 1, 2, 3, & CTR (and Spyro 1, 2, 3) available on NA PSVITA STORE. I own all of them.
    It’s literally been forever, Vita is 5 years old now, this is a total disrespect to us fans and loyal customers.
    Please hear out requests and make them available on the NA PS VITA store.

Heenry_Lima said:

February 16th, 9:16 am

Veeeery Good man !!!! Crash Bandicoot Forever

wvnative said:

February 16th, 9:18 am

Could we perhaps get a demo at some point?

THGhost_2008 said:

February 16th, 9:21 am

#5: I’d like to know this as well.

Yung_Homie_D said:

February 22nd, 6:27 pm

We need Jak & Daxter Too

four24twenty said:

February 16th, 9:22 am

1 Platinum trophy or 3 Platinum trophies? (the correct answer is 3)

THGhost_2008 said:

February 16th, 9:22 am

I’m sure it will be 3.

Trendy_Kid said:

February 16th, 10:08 am

THGhost_2008 said:

February 16th, 9:22 am

Awesome! Now how about a new trailer with Crash 2/Crash 3 footage? Or a playable demo? :)

Potter13579 said:

February 16th, 9:23 am

I hope we’re gonna get Stormy Ascent in this remaster, even as an unlockable bonus or something. That would really put the icing on the cake.

Sonicfan11589 said:

February 16th, 9:26 am

I also would like a demo if possible, to tide over till June 30th. If it’s possible, maybe if this is successful enough, how about remaking the first 3 Spyro games?

Sonicfan11589 said:

February 16th, 9:26 am

And I’m wondering where Crash will go after this collection?

SpikeStarkey said:

February 16th, 9:28 am

My only question is:
Will there be a NaughtyDog splash screen or nod in this collection.

After all, without them, there’d be no Crash to Remaster…

ShadowCrowMan said:

February 16th, 9:28 am

Two days after my 31st birthday. Happy birthday to me !!!

LeMatster said:

February 16th, 9:33 am

PS4 Pro support? Supersampling on a 1080p screen?

Xcaligamer1 said:

February 16th, 9:36 am

U cried tears if joy when remaster was announced so I’m excited for this. How about we keep partnership going and bring crash team racing

Cruise84 said:

February 16th, 9:39 am

I refuse to believe nobody asked about crash team racing. seriously if it’s not announced as a pre order bonus or something, I’ll pass.

SpikeStarkey said:

February 16th, 10:04 am

Why would you want CTR locked behind the Pre-Order pay wall?
    Maybe if this sells well, we’ll get CTR, Crash Bash and NitroCart remastered too.

Axecution said:

February 16th, 10:42 am

nobody’s asked cause we know its not in the collection hahaha

TJ_Solo said:

February 16th, 3:42 pm

Nobody asked because we are content on what is coming and would like a moment to enjoy this collection instead of greedily asking for more.

tkmht said:

February 16th, 9:42 am

Awesome!!

But, is it worldwide release date???

cesaralonso88 said:

February 16th, 9:47 am

Could we get a demo? It would be nostalgic++ to have a Jungle Rollers level demo, like the original demo one….

cjhill1836 said:

February 16th, 10:07 am

I love the term “AAA remaster.” Sounds like everything I could have wanted. I’m really excited for Crash’s return, and for the chance to share these games with my daughter!

Trendy_Kid said:

February 16th, 10:35 am

I hope she likes them, Crash is one of my favs!

Vizigoth04 said:

February 16th, 10:15 am

Fan Freaking Tastic. First 6 months are locked in for exclusives for Sony now. I’m pretty sure if I’m not mistaken. Next up, who gets July? Maybe we’ll find out between now and E3.

anszbd1 said:

February 16th, 10:38 am

Nice, are there any plan to make special edition, if it isn’t I will buy the digital version.

C-BandicootNo1 said:

February 16th, 11:42 am

Wait, I thought ACTIVISION and VICARIOUS VISIONS said they got the ORIGINAL Voice cast back? NONE of these people are from the original cast.

– Clancy Brown Voiced Doctor Cortex & Uka Uka from Crash 1 – Crash Nitro Kart before being replaced.
– Mel Winkler voiced Aku Aku until Radical Entertainment”s trilogy.
– Michael Ensign originally voiced N. Trophy in Crash Bandicoot 3 WARPED, CTR: Crash Team Racing, Nitro Kart & Twinsanity. Cory Burton did ONE game, and that was Wrath of Cortex. Which was awful might I add.
– Brenden O’Brian voiced Dr. N. Gin, Dr. Nitrus Brio and Tiny the Tiger.

Perhaps I’m being a little too nit-picky here, but when I heard ORIGINAL voice cast, I EXPECTED ORIGINAL VOICE ACTORS, the last game that had most of the original cast was Crash Nitro Kart/ Crash Twinsanity, and even though there were some definite changes to the cast, it was fine.

And I could get over most of these changes except for one: Aku Aku. Mel Winkler did a fantastic job portraying Aku Aku as a fatherly figure to Crash, Coco and eventually Crush. However with Greg Eagles, all I ever heard was Grim from Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy.

Oh well, I already pre-ordered the game, might as well enjoy it.

jgr9 said:

February 16th, 1:18 pm

Ahem… Clancy didn’t voice Crash 1.

Akmaljon said:

February 16th, 11:50 am

Right on my birthday! Booyaa!! :D

Raway32 said:

February 16th, 12:07 pm

I was hoping that you would remaster CTR as well. Maybe a free DLC down the road?

BlaqMagiq24 said:

February 16th, 12:27 pm

This is an automatic Day 1. Especially when it’s priced at $40. If you guys remaster Crash Team Racing or Crash Bash that will also be Day 1s as well.

Randinator-_001 said:

February 16th, 12:28 pm

We want spyro trilogy remake next!!!

cusman said:

February 16th, 12:42 pm

I have this pre-ordered on Amazon because I never owned any Playstation before I got PS3 and people have lot of positive things to say about the pre-Uncharted Naughty Dog games.

rolovargas said:

February 16th, 12:56 pm

can’t wait.. this is the *only* game my wife plays… counting the days

Trulsviktor said:

February 16th, 1:10 pm

Is it posibel to to play 4 plaayer on one console?if so i wold be first in line to by

Aero_Guardian17 said:

February 16th, 1:35 pm

FINALLY! I was never able to play the trilogy as this is my first PlayStation! I cannot wait!

BandaiNamco209 said:

February 16th, 4:59 pm

Yay^-^

satchemo said:

February 16th, 5:28 pm

I preordered this for download and it says that it won’t be available until 12/31/17. So what’s the deal?? Is it available in June? Do I have to wait until December because I preordered it?

Xdark_dragonX said:

February 16th, 6:15 pm

cant wait!!! I really hope at least on the Pro this game runs at native 1080p (SSAA) and 60fps especially given that its not as demanding as Ratchet & Clank. Are you guys targeting 60fps?

Bam4evr said:

February 16th, 7:41 pm

The return of a great PlayStation icon! Glad that I won’t have to wait that long before it comes out.

JMG24BAD said:

February 16th, 7:53 pm

So we can get a remaster of crash, but not of SOCOM?

Spacerac said:

February 17th, 12:57 pm

SOCOM has nothing to do with Activision and besides, Sony has closed Zipper Interactive.

siriusbee said:

February 16th, 9:11 pm

It’s not even a real character. #crashoffcrashbandicoot

White_JackaL said:

February 16th, 9:25 pm

These where my first ps1 game’s and im really excited to share it with my little girls now. Spyro remake too please?

tabreez said:

February 16th, 11:33 pm

If the Crash Bandicoot AAA remaster does well, do you think you could jump into a AAA remaster on the original Spyro trilogy?

jpiedra10 said:

February 17th, 4:43 am

Are you thinking about remastering other games? I would suggest Crash Team Racing (best gamer ever!). That would be a great game yo play online.

minijoebroccoli said:

February 17th, 2:41 pm

Thanks for bringing Crash to PS4! I will be buying this day 1 to show support in hopes that you will bring back my all time favorite crash game as a AAA Remaster: Crash Team Racing!!!! That would truly be incredible!! Also Crash Bash would be awesome :)

SweetSerey said:

February 17th, 2:45 pm

I have a question I pre-ordered Crash Bandicoot n sane trilogy on 1/23/2017 and at the time of purchasing it was going to come out at the end of the year (12/31/2017) which I fully expected. But now the release date is set earlier in June of this year. So my question is would I get the game at the end of the year or in June?

fatjeezy816 said:

February 18th, 11:04 am

Tell me there will be a ps vita port please!!!

S1mez86 said:

February 19th, 1:39 am

Does this have HDR? It will be a sham for me if it doesn’t especially with the boasting of colorful environments and neon flashing lights.

Potter13579 said:

February 19th, 5:37 am

Dear PlayStation, Activision, and all other parties concerned,

I hope you will find it in your heart to bring us a PS2-to-PS4 port of Crash Twinsanity sometime this year to celebrate the release of this highly anticipated remastered trilogy. On behalf of many Crash Bandicoot fans, we would all love to see another Crash Bandicoot favorite brought to the PS4 with trophy support to add onto the classic trilogy in our trophy collections. The Wrath of Cortex would also be accepted, but we would definitely love to see Twinsanity on PS4. Thank you.

Qumias said:

February 19th, 6:44 am

YESS!!!1 SO EXCITING!! Can’t wait ’til June 30th. Going be so excited playing Crash with everything new. Sony needs to buy back Spyro and bring the other Crashes back

SPARDA4LIFE said:

February 20th, 7:40 pm

will the psone titles at least be on the vita? or do you plan a later digital release for the N-sane trilogy on the vita. Because us vita owners reaaaaaaaaly want the games on the vita. (by the by, the psone versions are vita compatable in the UK, which is a bit unfair)

BandaiNamco209 said:

February 22nd, 9:03 pm

Confused?
PlayStation Ireland… Oh it’s a timed-exclusive? Yes or no or maybe but play on ps4 pro first? Anyway I’ll buying this on day one ( ̄∀ ̄)

VonBergeArnold said:

February 23rd, 8:30 am

Can’t wait! Been telling my kid’s all about how I used to love playing this game.

mloncarevic430 said:

March 14th, 11:09 am

Will you remake a CTR with multiplay online mode,iz would ne great od you do soue.