Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Feb 16

Feb 16

Free Multiplayer Week on PS4 Begins February 17

James Hallahan's Avatar Posted by PlayStation Plus

Hey PlayStation Nation. We’re back with another free multiplayer weekend on PS4, but this time, the PS Plus team is extending it a full week. That’s right — one full week of competitive or cooperative play online! This should give you enough time to prestige at least once on Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, right?

Starting this Friday, February 17, you, your friends, your next door neighbor — everyone — will be able to access the online multiplayer modes in any PS4 game that you own without a PlayStation Plus subscription.

Free online multiplayer access begins February 17 at 12:01 AM Pacific and runs to Thursday, February 23 at 11:59 PM Pacific. Hop on to PSN during the free week with your favorite multiplayer game — no membership commitment is required during this period.

More info on PlayStation Plus offerings, such as free PlayStation Plus monthly games, exclusive member discounts, online game saves, and more, can be found here.

Enjoy!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Dramlek said:

February 16th, 8:10 am

Is it really a free week? Last time it said “free weekend” and it was more like “free couple of hours”. Reached lvl 15 on multiplayer (4 hours) or lvl 3 on Zombies (2 games) and you’re done! If it’s limited by lvl I not even downloading it.

James Hallahan's Avatar

James Hallahan said:

February 16th, 9:39 am

TomCatt is correct — You can play online with your friends, but games are sold separately. It is a good time to practice your 360noscopes. Good luck and have fun :)

TomCatt420 said:

February 16th, 8:15 am

It’s only free multiplayer not free games. If you don’t have a Playstation Plus subscription and can’t play online then you’ll be able to for the week. You have to already own the game. Don’t confuse it with Overwatch Free Weekend or anything like that.

wargasm121 said:

February 16th, 1:40 pm

So Xbox one is having the same weekend but microsoft is also giving away rocket league and NBA 2k17 for free. Any free games from sony?

geesmith803 said:

February 16th, 4:26 pm

No bs it was for like two hours and that was all

NadirX2003 said:

February 16th, 9:08 pm

I’m trying to play online but it keeps asking for ps plus. What’s going on?

Harsh086 said:

February 16th, 11:39 pm

It is not working for me I tried to start GTA online but it shows u don’t have ps plus. Plz see to it

Morimaru505 said:

February 17th, 3:10 am

when it well start cuz im here playing watch dogs and it still want ps plus its fep 17 and nothing

helaly666 said:

February 17th, 1:30 pm

So if I open PlayStation I will have psn plus or I must do something first to get free psn plus free weekend ?

JValentine81 said:

February 17th, 5:42 pm

I can’t find it :(

Kevin_Tanoto19 said:

February 19th, 6:44 am

It only last 2 days for me. What’s the problem here? Ain’t it suppose to be a week?

bigBstacks1 said:

February 19th, 7:57 am

I think Sony would get more people on playstation if they made online Gameing FREE like they did with ps3 Nintendo is heading in the right direction why don’t you?

Something to think about.

canttouchthephil said:

February 20th, 6:43 am

So, I might be the only one but, ever since this started I can’t play online or get into a chat at all. I can still sign into PSN and use every service except online play. Please fix asap

kadecham said:

February 20th, 8:09 pm

Why are we paying to play online like we are already paying for Internet games and a PlayStation like I still love y’all and all but plz just think about this for a sec bc I remember when it was free and fun to play with friends without paying 30 dollars just to play online for 3 months and 60 dollars for 12 months

ShadowCrowMan said:

February 16th, 8:46 am

Its funny PlayStation and xbox are having a free weekend on the same weekend lol

James Hallahan's Avatar

James Hallahan said:

February 16th, 9:40 am

Unplanned but serendipitous. Have a good time and see you online :)

Biopunk-X said:

February 16th, 9:36 am

That’s maybe ’cause there are not enough players on infinite warfare as they expected, and it’s sponsored by activision, or infinity ward…
    I love call of duty, but even I’m tired of buying a new cod every november for a fortune… Won’t buy it, i’ll rather wait for treyarch’s release next year.

Mega_Rag said:

February 16th, 8:26 pm

So will the games GTA 5, Titanfall 2, Overwatch, & Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare be free multiplayer or just Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare?

rickyrack said:

February 17th, 7:34 am

They are trolling

perrandy said:

February 16th, 8:52 am

make it permanent,sony you can add some other thing for plus later on

Dnilox said:

February 16th, 3:15 pm

I’m actually glad to see this franchise going down, offering “free” weekends.. I used to be a hardcore COD player specially online, but then they started chopping every version into tiny expensive DLC’s, you have to pay half of what the console costs to just start enjoying what has become an awful game in recent years.

The PS4 is the best home console ever, with a growing catalog and multiplayer games without the cost of an eye.. Just look at Rocket League, GTA V, Bloodborne and Souls games.

I honestly don’t mind paying 50 bucks a year for PS+, with free games every month and solid voice chat experience (I know you don’t need plus for that).

Just.. please don’t make those awful COD bundles and hardware themed.. things..

Oh, and we’re waiting for Hot Shots Golf on PS4! Bring it already!!!!!

jameskutty said:

February 18th, 9:18 pm

Yeah we need psplus to play online even we have wifi

Devilicious911 said:

February 16th, 8:53 am

If it free then sure it not worth playing. But drop the price and people might buy it.

KidCommando said:

February 16th, 8:54 am

STORE UPDATE – Bring it back!

yay, a free week.

Jeria said:

February 16th, 8:55 am

Please release Modern Warfare remastered as a standalone. Current solution is NOT for the players.

KBG29 said:

February 16th, 9:06 am

Very nice. $249.99 PS4 promotion, and a free online week. Way to go SIE!

Hope this helps bring many more people to the PlayStation Ecosystem over the next week.

four24twenty said:

February 16th, 9:12 am

Will Shareplay work as well for those without a Plus subscription?

James Hallahan's Avatar

James Hallahan said:

February 16th, 9:41 am

Great question! Only Online Multiplayer will be available for free during the Free Week time period.

legalizebud4207 said:

February 16th, 11:36 am

just bought the ps4 2 weeks ago was very excited been tryin to get 1 for awhile now. so was very disapointed to find out u have to download n install every game which takes up all the memory n y did they change it like tht u never had to download the game onto the console before (smh) then i try to go online n find out u cant even do tht nemore without payin an arm n leg so i buy the 60$ playstation plus to play online to find out i cant even play with any of my friends without having an ethernet cord hooked up wifi wont let u join in with friends (smh) n on top of everything thts wrong with the ps4 now they wanna offer a free month of service wen i jus paid 60$ for a year thanks sony

patercake said:

February 16th, 12:00 pm

I think you need to stop smoking so much ganja.

You still get the free games by paying for PSN. This is only 1 week of free play out of a year. Installing games: what did you think you had to do with a modern games console?!

RoughPutter said:

February 17th, 5:16 am

Not sure if this is a troll or not, but you’re wrong on multiple fronts here. You did have to install ps3 games to your system, this is nothing new. You can do everything while connected to wifi provided you have a decent router. And this is a free week of multiplayer, not a free month. Also if you already have plus, this will benefit you in no way.

Big_G_Freeman said:

February 19th, 11:22 pm

Never play online games with a wifi connection, you are ruining everyone else’s fun causing the game to lag. You have to install modern games regardless of platform. That’s how games have worked for a very long time.

MarshKitKat said:

February 16th, 11:58 am

So that’s for any and all online games? Or just for Call of duty?

BlocksMC said:

February 16th, 3:45 pm

All games

patercake said:

February 16th, 12:02 pm

This is great as I don’t usually play online – will be able to dip toes in the water with GTAV online and see what’s been happening for the past (is it 2?) years… Excited! Shame I just sold Uncharted 4. Also: Battlefield 4 here I come!

quackingcow33 said:

February 16th, 12:24 pm

I love PlayStation and have been with them since the ps2. I have a ps4 I always go on and got PlayStation Plus because I need it to play online. But to see PlayStation charging for online kind of makes me sad, even though I know why. Xbox has always charged for online even though servers are free and now PlayStation is getting so much money from this. For people mad at PS for the forced money online experience, go complain about it to xbox.

nelson_amc said:

February 16th, 12:30 pm

So this is for COD IW only? if want to play other games online I won’t be able to? :s

CDN_Nuisance said:

February 18th, 7:32 pm

Its only to play online without paying. You must own the games that you want to play.

Randinator-_001 said:

February 16th, 12:32 pm

Amazing news Sony keep up the great work! Also let us change our PSN username, thanks!

Gunhunter506 said:

February 16th, 2:04 pm

Been Sony family. For yrs very happy

cusman said:

February 16th, 2:14 pm

Please make PS+ not required for online play on PS4. The Vita and PS3 don’t require it and Steam doesn’t require it. The value of PS+ is all the other things it gives, so requiring it for online play really isn’t necessary and while I have no issue paying for PS+ (have since it came out on PS3), I know too many people that will not upgrade to a PS4 because they don’t want to have to pay to play online (principal of issue, not a cost thing to them).

cusman said:

February 16th, 2:16 pm

You went from free multiplayer weekend, to free multiplayer week. Let’s get it to be months and years and indefinitely (like Steam and Sony consoles before PS4, Nintendo consoles before Switch, and all those Mobile gaming devices).

SpooNManX said:

February 16th, 3:38 pm

Remember the good old days when every week was “Free Multiplayer Week”? Heh

I do wish they would address why they stopped doing the weekly PSN Store updates though.
Maybe they don’t have enough people to take care of it? I’ll do it for them if they give me the weekly rundown!

BlocksMC said:

February 16th, 3:45 pm

During the event, will any current PlayStation Plus™ user’s membership be paused?

jfardus said:

February 16th, 4:58 pm

Is it weird that in this website it says it starts from 17 to 23, but playstation sent me an email saying that it starts on the 22 till 27, I am really confused
Anyone else get an email?

jfardus said:

February 16th, 5:02 pm

O Wait it’s 22 to 26 not 27

MonsterMan2734 said:

February 16th, 5:36 pm

I would love for this to happen more often, Like twice a month? Maybe Extend the playstation membership for those who subscribe all the worth for their money. I want you at Sony and your PlayStation division to earn a profit but some people I’ve seen are feeling a little cheated by this. However, this is a good idea to have free multiplayer though. Love everyone at PlayStation and Sony in general! Let’s all continue to Game On! Greatness Awaits and it comes from Small Beginnings! lol ;) :) #UnchartedReference

GOODKyle said:

February 16th, 6:02 pm

I remember when everyone could play for free on a PlayStation console all the time…

ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

February 16th, 7:21 pm

No big deal, been a plus member all my life.

RoughPutter said:

February 17th, 5:21 am

So you’re what, 7? Pretty sweet your parents thought a plus account for you was a good idea when you were a newborn.

native_blunt18 said:

February 17th, 1:28 am

How does this work? Is it working for anyone yet.. tried playing an online game & didn’t work for me

whippi617ngyoass said:

February 17th, 1:33 am

Bologna! I’ve been trying to play Madden live but nope…..still can’t.

fladok said:

February 17th, 4:19 am

Tried to play Rocket League online this morning and it doesn’t work, it ask me to subscribe to psplus

Legend2JZ said:

February 17th, 4:27 am

I didn’t read every comment but read a few of the complaints about not being able to play games. It’s a free week of PS4 Plus+ Online Multi-Player and Im assuming the other perks. COD Banner is sort of misleading although on the bottom right says ‘Games Sold Separately. For PS4 Only.” So you must own the game. This month they have Little Big Planet 3 for free with PS4+ which is a good online game for free especially if you have children or just enjoy MP funny games. Anyways unless you don’t play online at all I always assumed that majority of people with PS4’s had Playstation Plus already. Either way enjoy and everyone have a good week! ☺

NoKeys said:

February 17th, 4:32 am

I think the person who has the job to activate The Free Multiplayer Week forgot to press the button.

James Hallahan's Avatar

James Hallahan said:

February 17th, 9:36 am

You just were to quick on the draw. This is live and available now. Have fun & Happy Friday.

PERU-isaac769 said:

February 17th, 4:51 am

What time the free online starts? Its 8:00am where i live and i cant play free online yet. (GMT -5)

James Hallahan's Avatar

James Hallahan said:

February 17th, 9:37 am

Your 8AM is our 4AM. It’s live now though — enjoy!

GMFCO311 said:

February 17th, 5:06 am

So it’s 6am MT 2/17/17 and still no FREE MP!!! WTF Sony???

WorseArtist07 said:

February 17th, 5:18 am

I’m trying to play titanfall 2 multiplayer but I’m still being brought to the PS plus menu. What’s going on?

rickyrack said:

February 17th, 7:20 am

We deserve 2 weeks free now

EmperorKorea said:

February 17th, 7:49 am

Yo, it doesn’t work. Can you guy do anything right?

MDmaniac said:

February 17th, 8:09 am

Ha my ps plus ran out 2 days ago, I guess I timed it just right and now I dont have to re up 60 bucks for another week!

ErickCortorreal2 said:

February 17th, 8:52 am

There are some discounts for PS+ member at buying games. A non PS+ member will have those discounts with this free week?

Lord_Orpheo said:

February 17th, 9:35 am

Is this a tease to us getting free multiplayer back this E3?

BrandonBlake02 said:

February 17th, 9:47 am

Im in south africa trying to play online but its still telling me i need ps plus

Zeeshanshaikh7 said:

February 17th, 10:13 am

Cannot play FIFA ultimate team , it asks me to get PS plus , PlayStation ?

Zeeshanshaikh7 said:

February 17th, 10:08 am

Can i play FIFA 17 ultimate team during this weekend ?

CDN_Nuisance said:

February 18th, 7:37 pm

I would think that you should be able To play ultimate team, but that could cost you some money to build a team. Maybe try Online Seasons. That costs nothing and it puts you against other teams with similar ratings.

NJGreco21 said:

February 17th, 11:38 am

How do I play these online multiplayer games? When I go to them in the PS store they are still listed their original price, and I cannot find the demos to download to try to play. Help please

GWalcott said:

February 17th, 5:38 pm

You usually have to be a PS plus subscriber to play online. Seeing that most games require you to be online it’s like you’re paying Sony to play them. To answer your question, the games aren’t free, just the ability to play them online is free. For a week >:(

damann28 said:

February 17th, 2:04 pm

how bot give us permament online multiplayer

damann28 said:

February 17th, 2:05 pm

*how about

aceboympk said:

February 17th, 4:22 pm

Ok, I’m wondering if other users are having the same problem. After selecting the banner to play for free this week, I am navigated to the PS Store. But, there are only 3 options and none of those are for a free week. I only can choose from 12 Months/3 Months/1 Month. No 1 Week free. So, how do I get to the option to Play for Free for 1 week?

damann28 said:

February 17th, 5:24 pm

no just play any game online

aceboympk said:

February 18th, 6:19 am

So, it just started to work all of a sudden. Awesome! Thanks Sony!!!

Zyphyerr said:

February 17th, 10:15 pm

How its telling me that i have to pay when i add it to the cart? I thought this was free for a week?

CaptainSnappy210 said:

February 17th, 10:49 pm

Playstation,
I’m trying to play GTA Online and it says “You need Playstation®Plus membership to access GTA Online”.
Is this not working in Asia?

RaylightFTW said:

February 18th, 4:06 am

So I heard that this applies to only North American players. I am an player from India, so just asking- will we get some days of free playstation plus too? Or did you forget about us? :(

Dragonverde_arg said:

February 18th, 5:48 am

The same problem in Latin America, I can not go online in commercial games

arnez08293 said:

February 18th, 7:34 am

So this week am i able to play online with the subscription without paying for anything?

lSkyyzl said:

February 18th, 2:52 pm

That’s correct yes

calimaryseal9188 said:

February 18th, 9:31 am

We’re and how do I buy infinite warfare the free week trial or whatever?

lSkyyzl said:

February 18th, 2:51 pm

Sony ily in all. But Xbox gets games for free like 2K17 and bs like that. Give us free games we’ve heard of, not up and coming games. please reply. thanks

Hazey_Rain said:

February 18th, 2:58 pm

will it work in new zealand

Enrique_Gonza635 said:

February 18th, 3:05 pm

Where can I start playing, I go onto the ps store and it just has the full game and nothing else

jameskutty said:

February 18th, 9:22 pm

It doesn’t work .I don’t have ps plus then I tried to play multiplayer in call of duty infinite warfare but it didn’t worked

daniel__116 said:

February 19th, 12:07 am

It doesn’t work for me too , the problem is that they aren’t saying anything about it … almost everyone is saying it’s not working

PAGE 1 2