Farpoint

Mar 10

Mar 10

PlayStation Blogcast 241: Suffer Us Now!

Featuring two star-studded interviews! Learn more about Middle-earth: Shadow of War and Battlefield 1: They Shall Not Pass in this week's episode.

Ryan Clements's Avatar Posted by Senior Specialist, SIEA Social Media

Subscribe via iTunes, Google or RSS, or download here

Happy Friday, ladies and gentlemen! It’s our pleasure to present a brand new episode that features not only the recently revealed Middle-earth: Shadow of War, but also the upcoming They Shall Not Pass DLC from Battlefield 1. That’s right, two (2) featured interviews in one (1) podcast!

Bonus: the team continues to gush about Horizon Zero Dawn, and Ryan just barely prevents Sid from falling down a Darkest Dungeon tangent again. Enjoy the show!

Stuff We Talked About

• Middle-earth: Shadow of War
  • Battlefield 1: They Shall Not Pass
  • Managing gaming time
  • The Persistence & Starblood Arena for PS VR
  • Disc Jam
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • Destiny
  • No Man’s Sky
  • PS4 System Software Update 4.50

Recent Episodes

The Cast

Official PlayStation Blogcast: Sid ShumanOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Justin MassongillOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Ryan ClementsOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Zac Minor

Sid Shuman – Director of Social Media, SIEA
Justin Massongill – Social Media Manager, SIEA
Ryan Clements – Sr. Social Media Specialist, SIEA
Zac Minor – Sr. Social Media Manager, SIEA

Send us questions and tips! blogcast@sony.com
Leave us a voicemail! (650) 288-6706

Thanks to Cory Schmitz for our beautiful logo and Dormilón for our rad theme song and show music.

Add Your Own

cool_trainer said:

March 10th, 5:49 pm

Do you recommend the SnapChat spectacles to someone with needs prescription glasses?

Also great show as per usual.

Ryan Clements's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

March 13th, 3:05 pm

I have to take my glasses off to wear these ones, so you’ll have to wear contacts or something (or just wander around blindly like I’ve been doing). I know a guy who actually got prescription lenses cut for his Spectacles!

Rapturesassassin said:

March 10th, 5:53 pm

Sill no way to lesson to this on Ps4 oh well.

Ryan Clements's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

March 13th, 3:06 pm

Yeah, we’re aware of the desire for this and want to find a way to make it happen! We have a couple ideas but nothing on the roadmap just yet.

Dead-Sync said:

March 10th, 7:07 pm

While it’s an extra step, you could probably put the MP3 files onto USB/NAS for Media Player playback, or see if the Web Browser on the PS4 supports the Soundcloud plugin and you can just load this page on it. (although I am not sure if it will or not)

KBG29 said:

March 11th, 1:28 am

Sid said they are looking into it. So hopefully, they will be able to make it happen sometime this year.

For now, I will just continue downloading it to the Vita, and listening to it while I play No Mans Sky.

Rapturesassassin said:

March 12th, 5:52 am

@Dead-Sync

I can tell you that the web browser on Ps4 doesn’t support the soundcloud plug-in but the page does load. Oh well at least i still have my Ps3 at least its good for something besides grabbing the free Ps3 and Vita plus games and finishing my gaming backlog.

Dead-Sync said:

March 10th, 7:06 pm

Haven’t listed to the episode yet, but is this going to be the first Blogcast with all 4 of the current cast members? I’m not 100% sure but it feels like it may be. If so, I wonder how much derailing will take place! (That said I’m always down for some quality Blogcast derailments haha)

Either way I’m excited to listen to this on the way home from work tonight!

Ryan Clements's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

March 13th, 3:08 pm

We’ve had all four of us on the show once or twice! It’s hard to get all four of our schedules to sync up, but we do find that three people tends to be the sweet spot in terms of conversation flow and such anyway.

STEVeODASLUGgER said:

March 11th, 12:38 am

I just want to enjoy the complete aspect of the GTAv video game. I was not aware of the update system and missed the deadline to tranfer GTA v online character to my new system I think the timing was too short notice and for that now im stressing, I want to be able to transfer my character from my ps3 platform to make the most of my ps3/ ps4 gaming just, if you agree please allow a final choice to tranfer characters online for those individuals who have not yet had the transforming gaming experience.

PK_Haseo said:

March 11th, 7:11 am

Lol, No!

Everybody already knew about the “last chance to transfer” over your character to current gen consoles since the end of January 2017! Oh well, you can always start over again or play the PC version.

www rockstargames com/newswire/article/60123/GTA-Online-Double-GTA-Modes-Executive-Office-Sale-Last-Chance-to-Trans

jgrizzle358 said:

March 12th, 4:10 pm

Yeah I can’t imagine with the busy schedule you guys have how you have the time to play anything I don’t think I know anyone who doesn’t have a backlog stretching Generations