Watch Dogs 2

Mar 10

Mar 10

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 3/14/2017

The purse-cutting, trap-laying, wise-cracking goblin is back in Styx: Shards of Darkness, a fantasy stealth game on PS4.

Ryan Clements's Avatar Posted by Senior Specialist, SIEA Social Media

Who could possibly pull off the heist of the century and expose a deadly conspiracy woven throughout a world of Dark Elves, Dwarves, and Men? Why, Styx the goblin, of course! The small jack of all trades is back next week in Styx: Shards of Darkness, coming to PS4.

A new stealth game set in a dark, fantasy world, Shards of Darkness will see Styx slinking through underground cities and haunting mines in an effort to score big. Use his skills, traps, and cunning to outwit and outmaneuver opponents, or recruit a friend to join you in the new cooperative campaign.

For a full list of new games coming to PlayStation, read on. And enjoy the Drop.

The Drop

New Releases: Week of March 14, 2017
PS3 — Digital (Out 3/16)

#killallzombies

#killallzombies is thrusting civilians into a fight for survival against the unleashed population of ravenous zombies. And you are the only one who is destined to stop them.

PS4 — Digital (Out 3/16)

ACA NeoGeo Sengoku

Sengoku is an action game released by SNK in 1991. Players fight against ghosts that have been revived in modern times in a devastated Washington City.

PS4, PS3, PS Vita — Digital (Cross Buy)

Blue-Collar Astronaut

Fly across the cosmos delivering pizza, pulling freight, and paying off your student loans! This easy to play but hard to master 2D spaceflight genre-buster will have you literally and figuratively exploring upwards mobility on your way to fulfilling the space-dream!

PS4 — Digital (Out 3/15)

Chaos Code -New Sign of Catastrophoe-

Chaos Code -New Sign of Catastrophe- is a simple yet highly flexible 2D fighter where players can enjoy the thrill of fighting with flashy moves! Choose from 16 unique characters and fight in ranked matches to earn the top spot.

PS4 — Digital, Retail

Danganronpa 1-2 Reload

Hope’s Peak Academy — home to the nation’s best and brightest high school students… and your new prison. You and your classmates have been trapped here, forced into a winner-takes-all killing game. You’ll have to solve the mystery of the school to survive, but be careful what you wish for — sometimes, there’s nothing more deadly than the truth…

PS4 — Digital

Death Squared

Get together with a loved one, a group of friends or even the whole family and guide teams of two or four robots through increasingly-complex levels to their color-coded goals. But beware! The path through each level is littered with cunning death traps that quickly send the automatons to the big scrapyard in the sky.

PS Vita — Digital

Dying: Reborn

Let’s play a game. It’ll help you remember something you locked away, deep in the recesses of your mind. Dying: Reborn is a dark, horror-themed puzzle game that creates a unique first-person room escape experience.

PS4 — Digital

Eekeemoo -- Splinters of the Dark Shard

In this awesome third person adventure game you will help Eekeemoo rescue his friends from the clutches of the evil Dark Shard! Your quest will take you deep into the Dark Shards four corrupted splinter worlds.

PS4 — Digital (Out 3/17)

Kona

Northern Canada, 1970. A strange blizzard ravages Atamipek Lake. Step into the shoes of a detective to explore the eerie village, investigate surreal events, and battle the elements to survive. The first installment in a series of four games, Kona is a chilly interactive tale you won’t soon forget.

PS VR — Digital

Leave the Nest

If you’ve ever had a dream of flying, wanted to feel the wind in your hair, wanted to soar and dive among trees of the forest, race trains and cruise perilously close to dangerous volcanoes, then this game is for you.

PS4 — Digital (Out 3/16)

Momodra: Reverie Under the Moonlight

Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight is a fan-favorite, 2D action-platformer with highly satisfying combat and gorgeous pixel art. Combo and dodge your way through a cursed land to seek audience with the Queen and dispel the evil that threatens all life.

PS4 — Digital

NeuroVoider

NeuroVoider is a twin-stick shooter RPG set in a futuristic world about brains shooting evil robots with nuclear rocket launchers. Boost your character with the smoking remains of your victims and defeat the master NeuroVoider to end this eternal war.

PS4, PS Vita — Digital (Cross Buy)

Siralim 2

Siralim 2 is an old-school monster catching RPG. Summon and customize hundreds of creatures to fight for you as you battle your way through endless dungeons. Find rare treasure and use it to upgrade your castle, empower your creatures, craft powerful artifacts, learn new spells, and much more.

PS4 — Digital, Retail

Styx: Shards of Darkness

Hired for a critical mission, explore and master huge open environments as Styx, alone or in co-op with a friend. Assassinate or sneak past enemies — Humans, Elves, and Dwarfs — but also much more fearsome, colossal creatures, and experiment with a new array of lethal abilities and weapons in your goblin assassin’s arsenal.

PS4 — Digital

Trove

Thirsting for danger? Lusting for loot? Then grab your friends and set off for adventure in this free-to-play, voxel-based action MMO. Whether you want to battle deadly monsters, loot epic treasure, explore wild realms, build brand new worlds, or just show off your style, Trove’s got you covered!

PlayStation Music Logo

PlayStation Video Logo

PlayStation Vue Logo

• Conan- March 12 at 11/10c (TBS)
  • Hap and Leonard- March 15 at 10/9c (SundanceTV)
  • Impractical Jokers- March 16 at 10/9c (truTV)

The information above is subject to change without notice.

Add Your Own

rabidninjamonky said:

March 10th, 2:12 pm

Siralim 2 for vita! I bought it for my phone a few months back, but quit playing it because I heard it might come to vita soon. Great game!

Rapturesassassin said:

March 10th, 2:15 pm

Nothing for me this week im busy with Horizon: Zero Dawn and Ghost Recon: Wildlands

oh and in before the update blog whiners.

Carlytto said:

March 10th, 2:18 pm

Hmmm, I see a couple things to trade my miney for.

BeerManMike said:

March 10th, 2:19 pm

This is all different and confusing, whats on sale? Demos? Whats going on? BRING BACK PLAYSTATION STORE UPDATE!

Rapturesassassin said:

March 10th, 2:20 pm

And a whiner right on time

Tatanka2007 said:

March 10th, 3:01 pm

@Raptureassassin: I’d rather see someone post a POLITE reminder about the ditching the store updates than a nothing post like yours that’s just name-calling.

Seluhir said:

March 11th, 6:48 am

@Tatanka2007 I have no weight on this conversation one way or the other as I don’t care if the store update comes back or not… it was good, but I am not missing anything without it.

However… all caps is never polite. Ever. All caps is the equivalent of shouting at someone. So the post in question was not a polite reminder, it was an impolite one.

Tatanka2007 said:

March 11th, 2:46 pm

@Seluhir REALLY? I guess YOU and Al Gore wrote the rules for the internet. WHat you stated is YOUR opinion, and nothing more.

ShadowCrowMan said:

March 12th, 5:06 am

@Tatanka2007

MORE LIKE ITS YOUR OPINION. Sony doesn’t care what you or the other idiots do when its comes to blog. A few idiots that stop spending money on the PSN store wont matter to sony. If you buy that digital game physical that money still goes to sony. And even if you dont buy DLC or digital only game the loss of you few pennys out 55 million Ps4 Users wont effect sony 1 bit. So cry all you want every week but sony wont change the blog for a few trolls.

Seluhir said:

March 12th, 11:00 am

@Tatanka I don’t think there’s any other possible way to interpret all caps followed by an exclamation mark except as shouting. Denying that simply shows you as unfamiliar with the basic grammar of the English language.

Venom1976 said:

March 12th, 6:37 pm

I have to reluctantly agree that the PlayStation Store update is missed but I get my info elsewhere now.

Venom1976 said:

March 12th, 6:39 pm

And didn’t they say there would still be a different one that still lists add ons ? Go to PlayStation lifestyle for the store updates then sir.

Torracat83 said:

March 10th, 2:26 pm

Danganronpa 1-2 Reload was shipped today. Still old school and prefer physical when I can get it…sorry, not sorry.

CookieCuttinCook said:

March 10th, 4:19 pm

Why do you think other people are concerned with your purchasing preferences?

Torracat83 said:

March 10th, 6:37 pm

Guess it doesn’t matter too much.

KidCommando said:

March 10th, 2:39 pm

Get rid of the Drop and bring back the STORE UPDATE.

The STORE UPDATE post was the single most useful thing on this blog…and now we have this second rate phone in post instead.

Yay, Go Blog Team! Make it harder and more work for your consumers to find content. Thanks guys!!

Rapturesassassin said:

March 10th, 3:02 pm

And another whiner you wanna see how simple this is

Load web browser on Ps4
    Come here
    Read the drop
    Wait till 1130am Tuesday
    Click on the store icon on Ps4
    Visit the whats new section look at new stuff and buy.

Its so simple a caveman can do it.

Tatanka2007 said:

March 10th, 3:04 pm

Great example, KidCommando! Major Nelson, the MS equivalent of PS blog, can find time to do store updates of sales. I don’t understand why Sony, who has a team of bloggers, suddenly can’t be bothered.

veryhoudini11 said:

March 12th, 11:56 pm

@raptureassassin the comment section is for feedback and discussion between us. I don’t care about the store update posts because of how easy it is to check through the ps4 or on other sites like Playstation Lifestyle. However you can’t deny the convenience behind the store update for everyone who has actively visited the PS blog for years. Also you should learn how to communicate better, calling people whiners is unpleasant and is really lazy on an intellectual level.

steeler192 said:

March 13th, 9:24 am

I agree with KidCommando. If I have to visit the Store after it’s updated in order to learn about the updates, then there’s no reason for me to read the PS Blog.

KidCommando said:

March 10th, 2:43 pm

Open browser window
Type “st” my autofill completes address
Open PSN store
click 4th page, page loads
view 4th page, scroll
click 5th page, page loads
view 5th page, scroll
click 6th page, page loads
view 6th page, scroll
…..THAT is what it takes at a minimum to find everything new on the store for the week.

LAME

Huarache00 said:

March 11th, 5:35 am

“Click to sort”

LOL That’s useless. It’s been broken since forever and I’m tired of reporting it.

BathoryBlaze said:

March 13th, 12:58 am

You’re doing it wrong.

dkarlowicz10 said:

March 10th, 2:54 pm

Some of these games are obvious, but some I have not heard of. It would be nice to have a gameplay video attached to each one so I wouldn’t have to go and try to find it myself.

whereymyconary said:

March 10th, 3:14 pm

Styx is what I want but I’m uber backlogged right now. That and danganronpa!!! I beat 1-2 plat for vita. So I bought it for a friend since they don’t have a vita.

saiyanknight87 said:

March 10th, 3:21 pm

I’m low key salty that chaos code drops next week I been waiting for years for it to drop and I finally made an HK psn to get my hands on the game and it finally drops in the U.S. store smmfh lol.

sandkwithhp said:

March 10th, 4:34 pm

I hope they’ll start to notice the impact on the bottom line because I’m sure I’m not the only one who buys less when there’s no store update. Not because of a boycott, but because the store update brings my attention to games and deals I wouldn’t have seen otherwise and drives me to the store where I inevitably find more games and deals I want, too.

veryhoudini11 said:

March 13th, 12:03 am

It’s might the opposite. I imagine that they might be seeing more foot traffic on the store now. I understand that you are not alone with the change.

NMeck702 said:

March 10th, 5:02 pm

Finally a quiet week for me. It’s been intense lately with all of the amazing games dropping non-stop.

Momodora is really good. Check it out.

Trendy_Kid said:

March 10th, 6:37 pm

Lots of good games this week!!

ElektroDragon said:

March 10th, 6:38 pm

Because someone had the nerve to message me on PSN complaining about me asking for a return of the PS Store Update Tuesday story, I will now make it my mission to ask for this every week on The Drop.

Trendy_Kid said:

March 10th, 9:56 pm

Lol someone always messages me whenever I say something along the lines of “the vita is dead”. People are so salty!

arlrex said:

March 10th, 6:44 pm

Momodora and Chaos Code for me next week.

Tomoprime said:

March 10th, 7:24 pm

I thought I already installed Trove a while back?

violentkiller said:

March 10th, 9:02 pm

@Tomoprime, yes its been out, but on the 14th there releasing an update for trove.

AizawaYuuichi said:

March 11th, 11:14 pm

The Trove Beta was released previously. This is the full release version, which means we’ll finally be able to earn trophies. I might finally jump back into it.

fecks said:

March 11th, 3:37 am

Kona for me

Huarache00 said:

March 11th, 5:31 am

Speaking of Store issues, why haven’t they done something with the broken sort by price? It’s useless on the Weekly Deals section. I have to carefully check every item price. You can’t have this kind of problems in the 21st century!!!

Tjoeb123 said:

March 11th, 10:40 pm

It sorts by the base price, not the sale price. So it technically works.

steeler192 said:

March 13th, 8:46 am

No, it doesn’t.

I find it exasperating that you’d rather excuse Sony with weak sauce cop-out of “well, if you ignore usability, skew your view, squint your eyes and look at it thiiiiis way, it kinda-sorta technically works…” than having a useful (key word: USEFUL) search that works as expected.

steeler192 said:

March 13th, 8:57 am

“It sorts by the base price…”

And we all know there are no such things as ‘discounts’ on the Store. No sirree. None whatsoever.

Huarache00 said:

March 11th, 5:39 am

Obligatory Danganronpa plug: Everybody who didn’t play this on Vita needs to have it! The story is riveting and the whodunnit mystery will keep you guessing till the all-out end! Or watch the anime.

End PSA

Tjoeb123 said:

March 11th, 10:41 pm

No, don’t watch the anime – it sucks. A lot of stuff gets cut out in the adaptation. Play the games instead.

steeler192 said:

March 13th, 8:49 am

Adherence to the source material aside, I’d have someone watch the anime than not doing either.

zero2tool said:

March 11th, 7:49 am

Where is STAR TREK Bridge Crew?

BlackDiamond7120 said:

March 13th, 4:51 am

Heard from other sources that it was delayed till May. Partially to add in the original Enterprise for missions.

zero2tool said:

March 11th, 7:50 am

Also what the hell happened with South Park the fractured but whole? Everyone was issued refunds and you took away our Stick of Truth preorder bonus.

JinZer069 said:

March 11th, 10:14 am

Chaos Code New Sign Of Catastrophe finally coming West.
Wish Vita got a port of this game too.

Also, if or when NeoGeo Sengoku 2 and Sengoku 3 comes out, please port those to Vita as well. Honestly I’m still not sure why these games are available on PS Vita?

BathoryBlaze said:

March 13th, 1:02 am

Funny when I see a game has a vita port I think less of it. That means bad graphics to me.

SpooNManX said:

March 12th, 7:34 pm

Glad to see Sengoku on the PS4.
Please consider Baseball Stars, League Bowling, and Top Player’s Golf.

BathoryBlaze said:

March 13th, 1:00 am

I got Horizon and Torment last week. No new games for me for a while.

The_Keebla said:

March 13th, 1:36 am

Where is Skyforge, geez!!!!

jhill_what said:

March 13th, 6:56 am

Still laughing at all the people asking for the store update to come back. Get over it, and browse the web store. Lol

steeler192 said:

March 13th, 9:21 am

I wish Zero Escape: The Nonary Games would be unbundled. I already platinum’d VLR and ZTD. I’d happily replay just 999 in Vita.

Canon4life said:

March 13th, 12:24 pm

I’m happy for the Neo Geo conversions but I’d like to see Baseball Stars 2 or some of the later SMUPS that are hard to find.

transeuntexbr said:

March 13th, 2:00 pm

Thanks for still suport the PS3!

Slumpt_Asf said:

March 13th, 2:18 pm

Any chance of Playstation all stars battle royal seeing a ps4 release lol i really enjoyed it tbh

kirby_owns said:

March 13th, 4:37 pm

Eekeemoo maybe I already have Danganropa. Oh Danganropa is a weird version of Phoenix Wright. If that helped anyone.

nikki_boagreis said:

March 14th, 12:16 am

You know, i can’t believe how many rant post about fixing the layout of the drop. Personally i never even notice until you’re everyday random starts ranting and raving about every detail, it wouldn’t matter then you can find something else wrong with the layout. Im still waiting on sales charts and pie graphs between Xb marketplace and the ps store. These fine upstanding Sony representatives do the best with what they have, and furthermore it doesn’t affect anything ranting and raving about every detail “Not that i’d know”

They don’t call me a defender of public fourms for nothing
It’s no wonder i stopped posting here, this post doesn’t count
Blah Blah Blah, it doesn’t really matter
No one cares, if you don’t support
the ps store
The drop or
The layout

igorrocks2 said:

March 14th, 1:51 am

Well silent week this is.. Good because wiylth most of the March pre-orders.. My wallet is almost destroye.. Nier Automata is hilarious and fun. Horizon Zero Dawn is awesome!!! Sony release seqal please… Yoko Taro-san you craziest wieardest awesomest dude I know!! Now remaster original and start work on Drakenguard 4 and next chapter of Nier…. Now Mass Effect – Hm, Dear BioWare… Don’t let us Albertans down I preordered game the day it went on.. I don’t mind delay as long as it’s as immersive and fun + holorious as Automata… Persona 5 you are the next on my list!

Wingman_SRK said:

March 14th, 8:45 am

Momodora looks really cool. I love these Metroidvania titles.

cusman said:

March 14th, 10:22 am

Cool. I might try out Danganronpa. Have only read positive impressions but never played that series.

NekoRave said:

March 14th, 3:09 pm

Again this entire year no Ps2 games on Ps4

you guys really are for the player, *sarcasm*

Give gamers false hopes and let it die quietly.

No Castlevania but you’ll put games like Fantavision and puzzle quest and hot shot tennis.

No TimeSplitters, no actual game worth buying, no backwards compatibility for the ps2 games on ps3 or ps1 games.

no updates, no backwards compatibility, no ps2 games in 2017 for ps4.

why bother waiting for games because itll be another third party title nobody asked for.

heres a hint.

lead by example sony
hire more staff so more games can be ported
or give ps4 compatibility for digital ps2/ps1 ported games

if not your business ethics will surely make people not care about future products like having a ps5 and asking everyone to rebuy ps4 games.

when does the insanity stop

nepchanfan said:

March 14th, 3:10 pm

Hey, somoene having problems with Atelier Firis’s Special BGM Pack ? Some songs are not playing….

gigadrillbreak32 said:

March 14th, 5:02 pm

Any idea how much Momodora will cost? I saw that it’s $10 on steam but will it have the same price on psn?