PlayStation Vue - One Punch Man

Mar 14

Mar 14

Play Collective: Six New Games Launching with PS Plus Discounts

PS Plus members get a 20% discount on PaRappa The Rapper Remastered, Cosmic Star Heroine, and more by pre-ordering at PS Store.

Brian Fujimoto's Avatar Posted by Manager, Digital Games Business, SIEA

Hi everyone! I’m happy to introduce you to Play Collective, our new name for special game promotions at PlayStation Store. Play Collective will encompass different sales and campaigns for digital games, and the first one starts on March 21 with Everything.

Well, not everything. “Everything” is the name of the first game in this particular Play Collective and kicks off an awesome lineup of six games launching over the next six weeks.

Check out the full lineup of weekly releases below — and if you’re a PS Plus member, make sure you take advantage of the 20% special discount if you pre-order starting today.

Everything

Launching 3/21

Everything is about the quiet explosion of life going on all around us. This very unique game experience has been developed in secret for three years and is finally being launched on PS4 and PS4 Pro. Everything is a simulation of reality where everything you see is a thing you can be, from animals to planets to galaxies and beyond — you can be the Universe or create your own.

Everything takes place in the world we live in now. It features one million+ years of gameplay, a rich musical score, and thousands of playable characters. Everything is created by Irish artist David OReilly (Mountain), and narrated by the late great British philosopher Alan Watts.

Rain World

Launching 3/28

You are a slugcat. The world around you is full of danger, and you must face it — alone. Separated from your family in a devastating flood, you must hunt for food and shelter between terrifying torrential downpours that threaten to drown all life.

Climb through the ruins of an ancient civilization, evade the jaws of vicious predators, and discover lands teeming with strange creatures and buried mysteries. Find your family before death finds you!

PaRappa The Rapper Remastered

Launching 4/4

On the eve of its 20th Anniversary, PaRappa The Rapper Remastered updates the classic game with high-res graphics providing smoother lines and textures, CD-quality sound, Trophy support and new features that allow you to feel and see the beat.

The iconic, character-based music and hip-hop game was developed in association with legendary multimedia musician Masaya Matsuura and famed New York artist Rodney Greenblat, and is widely credited with establishing the music and rhythm game genre that continues to thrive today.

Cosmic Star Heroine

Launching 4/11

Take on a galactic threat as the super-spy Alyssa L’Salle in this classic style, fast-paced, sci-fi RPG! Explore the Zevanii System and its planets, defeat bizarre alien and robotic monstrosities, and discover the dark truth behind an evil conspiracy that threatens life as we know it!

Cosmic Star Heroine mixes classic 16-bit presentation with modern streamlined gameplay. Featuring slick turn-based combat that focuses on flow and strategy, 11 playable characters, battles that take place on-map, three distinct planets to explore, and an expandable base ship to traverse the solar system!

Full Throttle Remastered

Launching 4/18

Released by LucasArts in 1995, Full Throttle is a classic adventure game from industry legend Tim Schafer, telling the story of Ben Throttle; butt-kicking leader of biker gang the Polecats, who gets caught up in a tale of Motorcycles, Mayhem, and Murder.

Now more than 20 years later, Full Throttle is back in a remastered edition featuring all new hand-drawn and 3D high-resolution artwork, with remastered audio and music. Players can switch back and forth between classic and remastered modes, and mix and match audio, graphics, and user interface to their heart’s desire. We’ve also included a concept art browser, and recorded a commentary track with the game’s original creators.

What Remains of Edith Finch

Launching 4/25

What Remains of Edith Finch is a collection of strange tales about a family in Washington State.

As Edith, you’ll explore the colossal Finch house, searching for stories as she explores her family history and tries to figure out why she’s the last one in her family left alive. Each story you find lets you experience the life of a new family member on the day of their death, with stories ranging from the distant past to the present day.

Created by Giant Sparrow, the team behind the first-person painting game The Unfinished Swan.

Add Your Own

Mercenary09 said:

March 14th, 9:08 am

I’ve been waiting for the Spring Fever/Launch Party/Play Collective announcement. I look forward to this promotion every year because your team always assembles a great lineup of games for it and this year is no exception. I had a feeling that both PaRappa and Full Throttle would be apart of it but getting games like Rain World, Cosmic Star Heroine and What Remains of Edith Finch is awesome too. Looking forward to all six guys.

TidusBlitz said:

March 14th, 9:10 am

Awesome! Definitely picking up parappa, full throttle and what remains of Edith finch!

BloodiedWraith said:

March 14th, 9:10 am

I’ve been waiting for the Spring promo (you keep changing the name!). I’m definitely in for Rain World, Cosmic Star Heroine, and What Remains of Edith Finch. Maybe ParRappa the Rapper.

Xcaligamer1 said:

March 14th, 9:13 am

I remember pax south 2016 I cosplayed as parappa the rapper n was surprised people remembered him. Even rapped a bit with Mario n Luigi cosplayers. Went bonkers when remaster was announced at psx. For sure parappa the rapper is day 1 for me. Loved him on Ps all stars….bring that back or make a sequel

SuperIanGamerHd said:

March 14th, 9:14 am

Is PaRappa The Rapper Remastered going to have plat for us trophy hunters?

Trendy_Kid said:

March 14th, 9:15 am

Cosmic Star Heroine is going to be excellent. I can’t wait!

Solh0und said:

March 14th, 9:18 am

I’ve been waiting for Cosmic Star Heroine since like it’s announcement. Can’t wait!

KnivesMF said:

March 14th, 9:19 am

Everybody needs to watch the new Everything gameplay video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYHp8LwBUzo&t=6s

But, be warned, DO NOT watch it sober.

binarydivision said:

March 17th, 7:54 am

Oh, I plan on not being when playing this game. Things are going to get deep.. lol

bbsftw said:

March 14th, 9:45 am

nice interested in Cosmic Star Heroine but i back it on kickstarter so im getting it already :D

PS_ihh said:

March 14th, 9:46 am

In for PaRappa.

Mando44646 said:

March 14th, 9:57 am

I’m so excited to see such a diversity of genres! Rain World is the only one that looks like the standard 2D Indie genre, and I think I’ll get all of them but that one.

So there’s no promo if we buy them *all* then?

Vyprstryke said:

March 14th, 10:12 am

So if I’m in a state that’s gonna be charged sales tax after April 1st, will that be tacked on even if I preorder these April games now?

JSEVERITT said:

March 14th, 10:31 am

As Sony takes payment immediately upon preordering (unlike, say, Amazon which doesn’t charge until delivery) you should be fine. It’d be very difficult for them to retroactively collect tax from users with no payment info on thir account.

ZanFear said:

March 14th, 11:19 am

You don’t even list the prices lol wow.

ShadowOfEden said:

March 14th, 11:47 am

I’ve been waiting for Cosmic Star Heroine for a long time, but since I wanted to play it on my Vita, I think I’ll wait. Axiom Verge came out in sale like that and it ended up getting a better sale by the time it finally came out on Vita.

ManchildofPV said:

March 14th, 1:03 pm

Kinda hope cosmic gets a physical release but great line up all and all. Wondering after wipe out and crash what is our next pslassic we gonna see. Personally I would love an upgraded tomba collection

viceforce said:

March 14th, 2:25 pm

Been waiting forever for Full Throttle Remastered. I played the demo as kid on my Mac and have been waiting forever for to have this game take my money.

duke301 said:

March 14th, 2:38 pm

I’ll just wait until they are giving them away in Plus. Nearly every game that they have ever had in those Play promotions have ended up in Plus sooner or later. Why spend any extra money? There is plenty to keep me busy in the meantime.

Fuhr31 said:

March 14th, 3:26 pm

Preorder a digital game that you can simply purchase and instantly download anytime after release….lol, no thanks.

Wait for reviews.

canedaddy said:

March 14th, 4:05 pm

Great lineup!

thholyghst said:

March 14th, 4:10 pm

Normally I’d get Full Throttle, but there are too many games out right now I’m still playing. Plus..Ya know.. bought the last two Double Fine games then they were given away with ps+ later.

Rafi7234 said:

March 14th, 4:35 pm

I played a few of these at PSX. I’m very much looking forward to Rain World and Edith Finch!

whereymyconary said:

March 14th, 7:39 pm

Cosmic star has been on my radar for a while, full throttle was amazing back in the day, and what remains looks really interested. Snap… might be wasting some money next money. Thought the bleeding would stop…

Xbox1_Sign_Out said:

March 14th, 8:24 pm

any news of when Windjammers is coming to PS4?

INXSDanilo said:

March 15th, 7:27 pm

Full Throttle… simply Fantastic! I’m into a new state of mind right now

lobotomies4free said:

March 15th, 8:40 pm

was hoping to see the PS4 Loco Rocos on this list. Everything looks interesting

Welmosca said:

March 16th, 12:19 am

Oh didn’t know Edith Finch is made by the same devs of Unfinished Swan…definitely interested more now.I’ll be getting Edith Finch,Rain World and Everything which all look good,not getting them on launch though lol.

Parappa is crap,Cosmic Star looks like crap and can’t say much about Full Throttle.Out of 6 games 3 guaranteed to be good games so half eh?…not bad Sony,not Bad.

binarydivision said:

March 17th, 7:52 am

The voice of Alan Watts. Sold.