PlayStation VR

Mar 24

Mar 24

PlayStation Blogcast 243: What Remains of Your Jeans

Featuring interviews for What Remains of Edith Finch and Starblood Arena, plus the answer to the age-old question: how many times can you wear a pair of jeans before washing them?

Justin Massongill's Avatar Posted by Social Media Manager, SIEA

Subscribe via iTunes, Google or RSS, or download here

Welcome back! We’ve got two hard-hitting interviews for you this week, featuring Ian Dallas of Giant Sparrow to talk about What Remains of Edith Finch, plus a look at Starblood Arena with Jay Koottarappallil from WhiteMoon Dreams. Plus, Sid shares his early impressions of Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, we recommend some starter-level anime, and we finally answer the age-old question: how many times can you wear a pair of jeans before washing them? The answer may shock you!

Stuff We Talked About

• Starblood Arena
  • What Remains of Edith Finch
  • The lifespan of a pair of jeans
  • Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
  • Mass Effect Andromeda
  • Loot Rascals
  • Everything (the game, not the concept)
  • Making time for gaming as a parent
  • Anime recommendations for newcomers

Recent Episodes

The Cast

Official PlayStation Blogcast: Sid ShumanOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Justin MassongillOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Ryan Clements

Sid Shuman – Director of Social Media, SIEA
Justin Massongill – Social Media Manager, SIEA
Ryan Clements – Sr. Social Media Specialist, SIEA

Send us questions and tips! blogcast@sony.com
Leave us a voicemail! (650) 288-6706

Thanks to Cory Schmitz for our beautiful logo and Dormilón for our rad theme song and show music.

Add Your Own

dmfarris90 said:

March 24th, 6:47 pm

I haven’t bought a new pair of jeans in at least 5 years! Looking forward to the lost legacy, any updates on God of War I saw a poster in Spain on Father’s Day.

Justin Massongill's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

March 24th, 7:37 pm

This show’s title is not weird at ALL

jbumi said:

March 25th, 3:15 am

LOL! I haven’t bought a new pair in about 8 years!!!! Once I retired, I hang out at home in more casual stuff (my jammies!) so my real clothes don’t get the wear & tear they used to.

On a separate note, I loved the above line, “Everything (the game, not the concept)” under stuff that’s being talked about! Maybe next week you can spend some time on the concept!!!!

dmfarris90 said:

March 25th, 6:46 am

It’s ok Sid, we here at PlayStation love weird!

Tjoeb123 said:

March 24th, 7:54 pm

Regarding Kingdom Hearts, only 4 of them are playable, and the other 2 are just remade into novices rendered in real time.

I, II, Birth by Sleep, and Re:Chain of Memories are all playable, and they’re the Final Mix versions at that (previously Japanese exclusive), which adds new content like boss fights. Fun fact, these 4 were all on Sony platforms. The movies were originally made on other platforms.

Just for this collection though. 2.8 has games (1 playable and 1 movie) originally from other platforms.

ladyara said:

March 25th, 2:54 am

God you guys are the best, and i follow Sid’s jeans life cycles style although not on the same price tag!
Edith Finch sounds really interesting, great interview.

You have the best job in the world, if you ever need to hire from Egypt count me in :)

Got my eyes on Salt and Sanctuary for sometime now gotta get it. Keep up the great show going

ladyara said:

March 25th, 2:56 am

Oh and the Anime section was great too

ivan_kegley said:

March 25th, 2:00 pm

What ever happened to freestyle. Personally one of the best motocross games for ps2 and was a greatest hits.

Valde_zerocool said:

March 27th, 3:32 pm

I always share my love for Sid, this young blood Zack Minor won’t take your spot because you’re major. Please Sid go on an on about Darkest Dungeon, I love it.

To the father who needs energy to game, I have spent many sleepless nights staying up until 1-2am on a work night to get some new Destiny gear and I even bring my Vita to work to get some game time in during lunch.

jgrizzle358 said:

March 29th, 6:37 pm

Personally I like the fact that Kingdom Hearts got more dark and mature over time it shows that it’s growing with the audience since we were all 12 when it came out and as fans of anime I figured you guys would appreciate how anime it’s gotten. Remember it is a jrpg before it is a Disney game.

Justin, your comment about how some things enjoy when you go off the rails is an understatement.It is the reason WHY I listen. It shows that you guys are just regular guys and not corporate drones just trying to push the news you are legitimately sitting around and chatting like a bunch of buddies. I like that it’s not super professional please don’t ever change it.

Last thing: I can wear the same jeans about 3 days

TheMightyAbacus said:

April 2nd, 8:28 am

Hey guys,
Long time listener and I just wanted to comment on this last episode by saying, You guys are the best. I was cackling madly on my commute to work at the Jeans conversation. Sid Shuman is the greatest. The haters cannot comprehend the greatness of The Shuman. Also wanted to say to Clements that I’m in the same boat in that I haven’t played Uncharted 4 yet at all. I’ve purchased it, and it rests in my pile of shame. Keep up the great work you guys. You are the ultimate lifesavers on my tedious drive to and from everywhere. Thanks for the laughs.