God of War

Jun 14

Jun 14

MotorStorm: We’re Bummed About a Bug

Felice Standifer's Avatar Posted by Sr. US Producer for MotorStorm

Hi everyone. I’m Felice Standifer, Sr. US Producer for MotorStorm. I understand everyone is rarin’ to go with the MotorStorm updates and believe me, we are too. But right before we were planning to go live with the 1.2 updates with Time Attack mode, a new issue was found on the patch that could result in people not being able to establish a network connection. So, unfortunately, for now we need to continue to run tests and monitor the fix to ensure that it does not occur when the patch goes live. I play Motorstorm religiously and *love* the new Time Attack mode, and I think you will too. Of course, it’s in the best interest for everyone that we resolve this before we release the update. Bear with us, we’ll have it out as quickly as we can and ensure the bug doesn’t cause any problems for future updates. More to come.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 5

KC_2009 said:

June 14th, 8:33 pm

What about R:FOM maps??

self.confessed.cynic said:

June 14th, 8:35 pm

People will love you for this post.

Good stuff.

Godofwar55555 said:

June 14th, 8:38 pm

I guess it is alright, it is better to have a quality update than a buggy one. Cool, a new mode.

[]^XO

derrickgott007 said:

June 14th, 8:39 pm

That’s the story of the PS3….lot’s of waiting and waiting.

Hey Felice, are ya’ll somehow related to UBISOFT??? Becuase they are the kings of the “Hurry up and Wait”.

womfalcs3 said:

June 14th, 8:39 pm

@KC_2009… That’s Insomniac Games.
—————————————————–

Great! You guys can take as long as you want to ensure great quality.

Dark_king said:

June 14th, 8:39 pm

Thanks for coming out and telling us what wrong its always better to know you dont want the update right now anyway because of what is wrong with it.i sure no one will be yelling at you for the update now they will just want regular status reports about it

Janos2615 said:

June 14th, 8:39 pm

@Godofwar55555

I completely agree with you.

Digi Smalls said:

June 14th, 8:40 pm

nice! at least the Sony blog is timely, if not the PS3 lineup and feature set.

thanks for the quick note.

MasterCharged said:

June 14th, 8:40 pm

take your time guys, as long as the update is worth ill wait.

born2win413 said:

June 14th, 8:41 pm

SONY! LISTEN TO ME! I OWN A PS3, 360, and Wii. I HAVE A 480P/1080i HDTV, AND ALL PS3 GAMES THAT RUNS ON 720P MAX IS DOWNSCALED INTO 480P BECAUSE MY HDTV CAN’T SUPPORT 720P RESOLUTIONS…SO BASICALLY RESISTANCES AND OTHER GAMES LOOK LIKE THE GRAPHIC THAT MY Wii GIVES OUT!!!! WHAT’S UP WITH THIS??? WHY NOT FIX THIS ALREADY?!?!?! I MEAN MICROSOFT XBOX 360 UPSCALES ALL THE 720P GAMES INTO 1080i….WHY NOT YOU HUH SONY!!!! UNTIL THEN I WILL CONTINUE TO BOYCOTT ALL PS3 GAMES AND PERHAPS MIGHT EVEN SELL MY PS3 AND CONTINUE TO SUPPORT MICROSOFT BECAUSE THEY CARE ABOUT US 1080I/480P HDTV OWNERS…SIMPLY PUT, GAMES ON MY PS3 LOOKS LIKE GAMES FROM MY Wii……FIX THIS ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!

homy said:

June 14th, 8:41 pm

Digi Smalls, I’m with you.
Sony seems to be quick to act since they have this blog, which is a good thing.

born2win413 said:

June 14th, 8:42 pm

Look at that link SONY!!! IGN has address this issue since last year during November’s launch….why aren’t you doing anything about it??? Instead fixing this dumb RGB bullcrap??? Come on now….I am one pissed off PS3 owner….mark my words, others are too if you read the comments in the link above…I have told all of my friends and families about this to boycott the PS3….wake up SONY, you have this blog, time to listen to what we want!!! Go google Ps3 1080i fix/problem……..see that a lot of people feel the same way I do….you piss me off Sony…I’m going to go buy a 360 game now because all of my PS3 games looks like my Wii games…. (Resistances, Tony Hawk, Fight Night Round 3)……..COME ON ALREADY, FIX THE BIG ISSUE NOT THIS LIL CRAP..

derrickgott007 said:

June 14th, 8:43 pm

Don’t get me wrong, I am upset at the delay, but thank you for letting us know why…..Perhaps you can teach ZIPPER GAMES how to communicate with their customers….Becuase it seems that you realize that without us the customer, you have no jobs….I don’t think ZIPPER knows that…

Once again Thank you for explaining Felice.

cduran02 said:

June 14th, 8:44 pm

@KC_2009

The persons job title is “Sr. US producer for Motorstorm”, I cant seem to find where it says also “Sr. US producer for R:FOM”….Do you? Didnt think so.

EvoAnubis said:

June 14th, 8:45 pm

Cool. Thanks for the updated info.

HanSolo said:

June 14th, 8:47 pm

thanks for the update, take your time and release a good update, quality first

cduran02 said:

June 14th, 8:47 pm

I really admire and respect Sony much more now that they started this blog. It takes real guts to open themselve to abuse like this, sometimes even personal attacks by people they dont even know.

seph1r0th00 said:

June 14th, 8:51 pm

Cool. Thanks for the heads up. It’s nice when we can get an explanation about why games/updates get delayed. Thank you.

Nauraushaun said:

June 14th, 8:55 pm

This is what I want to see. When things are delayed, it’s best if we know why. Otherwise we end up swearing at Sony, and it obviosly isn’t their fault!
More of this in the blog!

LongTimePlaystationDev said:

June 14th, 8:59 pm

I don’t see any mention of a fix for the vehicle selection screen?

I think more people have been left with a sour impression of the game than anything else from the incredibly tedious waiting to cycle through the vehicle list. The previous and next vehicles in the list really need to be constantly loaded asynchronously or just replace the selection screen with 2D images of the cars if at the very least.

Slaughter said:

June 14th, 9:00 pm

I guess we waited for the games…why not wait for an update. Im happy the game is available. :D

Violentp69 said:

June 14th, 9:05 pm

While I must admit that yet another delay isn’t exactly appealing at the moment, the fact that we are getting concrete evidence of the current situation almost makes the lack of content somewhat acceptable. Being left in the dark is about 90% of my problem at this juncture and this blog is promising to quite possibly rectify that. Thanks.

Mr_Bob said:

June 14th, 9:16 pm

Thanks, for the update about the update lol
Hope you can figure out the bug soon.

CitizenInsane27 said:

June 14th, 9:17 pm

I haven’t heard much about the motorstorm updates, besides patches and time attack. Are you planning on releasing more events and cars as time goes on? And will they be premium content to pay for or free?

nmc75 said:

June 14th, 9:18 pm

holy crap. keep this up (the frequent updates on firmware and game patches, not the bugs :P ).. and we might just be… happy(-ier) PS3 owners! You guys all rock. I sincerly appreciate the updates on all fronts.

robface said:

June 14th, 9:19 pm

man, I’ve got to get some skill at this game

blizzard182 said:

June 14th, 9:22 pm

Thanks for the update! I believe it is better to have something done right that having a bunch of people complaining because they are not being able to play online.

Also, any possibility of a Split Screen Mode in the Future?

What about the packs and the upgrades? Are there always going to be free? I would pay to see something better, after all, you do pay for expansion packs.

But keep in mind that I won’t pay as much for little things.

Anyway, love the game!

Mana Knight said:

June 14th, 9:22 pm

Well, as long as I can play MotorStorm without issues, I’m willing to wait. I absolutely can’t wait for time attack.

As a quick suggestion to the dev, I and many others would love to see Quick Race one day, allowing us to choose our vehicle and track. Having time attack at least is a step in the right direction and I applaud the devs for it.

gamer1983 said:

June 14th, 9:23 pm

release the update so that i can buy the game

Keysersoze10033 said:

June 14th, 9:23 pm

I’ll live without the update for a few weeks. Thanks clarifying the issue.

blizzard182 said:

June 14th, 9:25 pm

@gamer1983

Buy the game now and start playing. You wont regret. Online is awesome.

Also, QuickRace mode is also a good idea.

whatthegeek said:

June 14th, 9:26 pm

Ahhh, now this, this is the type of post that should be going on this blog. Bravo. You’ve addressed a delay with a concrete explaination, and an apologetic attitude.

To all of the other Sony employees looking to tackle an issue on this blog, take a lesson from this posting. This is the attitude consumers want to see from Sony.

Herby said:

June 14th, 9:27 pm

Violentp69

Well written and exactly my sentiment. You are right 90% of the anguish comes from being in the dark. The speculation from users on this blog and forums does not help ease the wait. This blog is definitely giving us the daily medicine we need.

Thomaticus said:

June 14th, 9:27 pm

Are there any plans to make the game Multiplayer co op split screen? Is it possible?

HuhJustaBox said:

June 14th, 9:28 pm

I understand that quality comes first. Take your time and make sure the patch is good before you send it out to us.

I do however have a question for the Motorstorm team. I personally love this game and have had more fun with this game than any game over the past several years.

However, there is one thing that bothers me. I want to be able to pick any track and pick any car I want and then select my opponents. Almost every racing game has this function, and Motorstorm is really missing out with that not included. I don’t think that would be hard to include in a future patch and hope to be able to select my car, track, and opponents in the near future. Do you think that your amazing team will ever include this in an update or a download? I really hope so.

Also, I understand the complications and technical hurdles that split screen multiplayer would cause–I have followed your reasons for leaving that out. However, I really feel that even if you have to dumb down the crashes and lower the level of detail for split screen it would be more than worth it. I know everyone is dying to sit on the couch with their friend and run them off their bike with a big rig.

Keep up the great work, can’t wait for the downloadable content (hope it comes sooner than later), and am really looking forward to Motorstorm 2.

WoodyWood09 said:

June 14th, 9:29 pm

Thanks for the heads up, most of us appreciate the gesture.

Satchel13 said:

June 14th, 9:32 pm

Please hurry up.

free said:

June 14th, 9:35 pm

I agree with the majority here…

This type of post is much appreciated… And much better then remaining silent and fueling endless speculation and bad feelings.

Good job on the communication… Please keep it up.

jonabbey said:

June 14th, 9:38 pm

Out of curiosity, will the Motorstorm update be held back for a Thursday PSN update, or is there any chance it could get out earlier if it’s ready sooner?

It might be nice to read a blog post about why the Thursday update cycle for the PlayStation store, what the plans are for moving to a more frequent update schedule if any, etc. As you can probably tell, there is some interest in the topic. ;-)

darkgeekrocker said:

June 14th, 9:39 pm

great move, never want to go buggy, go quality, that is my ps3 moto to all 360 fanboys

StormLord said:

June 14th, 9:40 pm

another 2 weeks to fix???? please realease this and RFOM patch asap.

Real Gambler said:

June 14th, 9:41 pm

You have an awesome web site… Just posting some comments about the patches would have been appreciated months ago!. But at least, now with this blog, so we have only one place to look for information.

I absolutely love the game, so I guess I can wait a little bit more for the update…

Next update?: Matchmaking services. I would be really nice to have the option to start a race with only people who have about the same rank you have…. Currently, you have pros killing newbies so you are loosing customers… Maybe just something like: Race 0% to 5%, 6 to 10%, 11 to 15%, etc… ??? (And I agree with others about the fact that car selection could be faster…)

Welcome to the blog, and keep us in the loop!

Stoffinator said:

June 14th, 9:45 pm

You guys need to not announce this stuff until you know its a 100% ready to go. I can’t tell you how many people are ticked off with all these PS3 delays. Yes it happens, but the PS3 seems to be plagued with it.

eksMAN said:

June 14th, 9:45 pm

just please dont fix the boost exploit!

Cal9mm said:

June 14th, 9:48 pm

Good to have a SCEA guy to talk to about Motorstorm…
I have one question besides the 1.2 update: what about worldwide servers ?
I really would like to challenge people from all over the world.

ziggyd24 said:

June 14th, 9:48 pm

Man this is awesome i love having news on time. But ya I cant wait for the update racing without the glitchers will be amazing. Keep us updated.

blizzard182 said:

June 14th, 9:48 pm

@Stoffinator

I could not disagree more.

If you think that way, then they would end up releasing games the same day as the launch. Or maybe you could wake up and see that the PS4 in on the street like a week ago.

It is ok to say that you think you are going to have the update ready some day. Complication do arrive so, let’s just hope they fix it as fas as they can.

LiquidMetal14 said:

June 14th, 9:49 pm

At least we are getting news straight from the source it matters most. Keep this up. This whole operation can benefit you at SONY, just be fair and sincere. Ignore the blatant fanboy criticisms, unless they have merit and a dose of maturity.

Tanod said:

June 14th, 9:51 pm

So which is it:

Does this mean we have to wait until next Thursday if it gets fixed this week or will the patch go live as soon as you are satisfied that its stable???

Beyond8D said: