God of War

Jun 26

Jun 26

Final Fantasy Celebration Tonight in SF

Sonia Im's Avatar Posted by Assistant Director of Public Relations, Square Enix

So tonight we are holding our FINAL FANTASY anniversary celebration in San Francisco at the PlayStation Store… It’s going to be a big party and I’m pretty sure we’re ready, but when are you ever 100% ready for an event like this?

It’s been a while since Square Enix had an event at the PlayStation Store, so I can’t wait to see the turn out! I’m wondering if some of the people I saw at the last event will be there—I actually asked the folks over at PlayStation if I could blog here, just in case some of you will be returning (if you are let me know!)

And there will be an added bonus for those who show up tonight. People liked the packaging for the FF & FFII anniversary editions so much, we decided to make shirts out them just for the event. Here’s a peek….

More details on tonight’s celebration are provided here. Feel free to pass the news along. See you tonight!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Makasu said:

June 26th, 10:15 am

I wonder if any old FF-titles will show up on psn…

KEFIOX said:

June 26th, 10:19 am

Same here, that’d be awesome, but I thought the PlayStation Store was the one on our PS3’s, is there another one we can walk into? ???

alans17 said:

June 26th, 10:20 am

Sounds like a lot of fun! Too bad I’m stuck in Texas. I caught the Friends concert series when it came to Dallas, though.

Seeing some older Square titles on PSN would be awesome. And heaven forbid I mention it here, showing up on the Wii Store would be ok too. :-)

alans17 said:

June 26th, 10:21 am

@KEFIOX

The Playstation store is a brick-and-mortar establishment. The PSN is the online PS3 store. At least that’s how I understand it.

sequoia said:

June 26th, 10:24 am

Sweet shirt! Too bad I’m not near SF, would’ve been cool to check the scene out.

Grym said:

June 26th, 10:27 am

Makasu, yea. I too want old FF titles on PSN. That would be awesome. At least bring some old JRPGs like Chrono Cross or Legend of Dragoon.

Too bad I can’t attend this event, I am sure it will be lots of fun. I’m in Europe. :/

Sonia Im's Avatar

Patrick Seybold said:

June 26th, 10:29 am

You are corred alans17: The PlayStation Store mention above is a brick and mortar store located in San Francisco where they are holding the FF event tonight.

Ghostm said:

June 26th, 10:37 am

No FFXIII until 2008 for PS3… ; ;
Thanks for the post Sonia Im.

KEFIOX said:

June 26th, 10:40 am

Thanks alans17, much appreciated ;)

TristanMike said:

June 26th, 10:59 am

Very cool event. Mind you, I personally think Square-Enix has been pretty crappy as of late…come on Sony, kick their butts. LOL.

Sony, I beseech you, make more “Brick and Mortar” Playstation Stores. There’s no better way to make a user feel isolated than to say “Hey, we got a Playstation Store and you don’t…oh, and we have kick ass parties there too, so there :P”

I want to buy T-Shirts, coffee mugs, stickers….dang it, I want to be a walking Playstation Billboard. :P

Nice article, keep ’em coming **Thumbs Up**

Ghostm said:

June 26th, 11:14 am

Oh! I’ve been meaning to inform you guys at Sony about two important issues awhile back. It always slip my mind when I’m posting.
Sony really need to have a talk with EB Games and Game Stop. I’m not sure about everywhere else but in NYC the PS3’s & PSP playbooths are never on to demonstrate the systems. When I do make it my business to ask workers or managers. They give me some bs about how it’s broken or the plug doesn’t work. meanwhile the Wii and 360 booth are going strong all day. There’s always an excuse for why PS products are not active. I’m not just talking about 1 store location neither. A bunch of them are not showing PS3.
Also, Virgin megastore (42nd street midtown) are totally over pricing the PS3 at $800. That way people can pick 360 when making a purchase due to price. “man…you can actually do your car/insurance payment with $800. Just get a 360, its only 400 bucks”! One of the actual Virgin megastore employees at the register told me this.

kenji said:

June 26th, 11:15 am

Will there be any limited edition PSPs there or an announcement of new PSP colors?

aaquib said:

June 26th, 11:31 am

@kenji

This is for Final Fantasy. New PSP colours will probably be announced at E3.

aaquib said:

June 26th, 11:32 am

@Patrick

This is OFF TOPIC, but your 2nd post on this blog was about how the PS3 1.8 update with upscaling, and the blog mentioned that you were requesting people to send in suggestions for firmware upgrades, and you’d post the top 10 on the blog. What happend to that?

patsu said:

June 26th, 11:42 am

The “Contact Us” page is still broken. I can’t send anything more than one sentence. Can someone at Sony test it out with a real email and a new account ?

Gorvi said:

June 26th, 11:55 am

Dammit, this makes me wish I was in SF. Why do I still love on the East Coast again?

tielo said:

June 26th, 11:58 am

Would be nice to have a review and photo’s of the event tommorrow, please?

Silver R. Wolfe said:

June 26th, 12:00 pm

That would be hot tielo.

Anyway, I personally can’t wait for Final Fantasy on the PSP. I haven’t played FF1 since the good ol’ NES days and it’s about time I give it a more modern run through.

Good luck to you guys on the party! I hope you all have a great time!

Godofwar55555 said:

June 26th, 12:00 pm

I wish I could go. I live in Michigan.

[]^XO

Riskbreaker23 said:

June 26th, 12:10 pm

when does SE’s online store go online for the US?

Nebo said:

June 26th, 12:13 pm

Why did have to live up in Washington :( mani wish i was down there for a vacation or something right about now…

Kratos_ate_Snake said:

June 26th, 12:16 pm

I agree with aaquib, what happened to that Top 10 list?

gigakain said:

June 26th, 12:28 pm

Can you post some videos on the Playstation Store of the event? We would love to see some.

PBJ said:

June 26th, 12:39 pm

I agree with 11 – have seen this too- have your sony reps visit retail locations and do what they got to do to make ps3 represnted correctly – my guess microsoft is paying them of with discounted something — or a bonus or something – meanwhile all of us ps3 fans keep asking the store owners where is ps3 display – why isn’t i turned on, etc.

C-h-a-o-s said:

June 26th, 12:49 pm

Wish I could go to the party, I am sure it’s going to be a blast. Congrats on the 20 years! Great Franchise.

Ouren said:

June 26th, 12:58 pm

I really wish SE would have an event on the East Coast! Ive never seen any gaming related event on this side of the U.S., and I think you’d get a good turn out… Like a really good one.

Qayin said:

June 26th, 1:03 pm

(Ghostm coment 11) I was at gamestop one day and over heard an enployee telling a potetial PS3 owner that it toke them three hours to remove the hard drive from the PS3, when acutally the customer that had the console todler had put something in the cd drive and it took them three hours to take the PS3 apart. So I asked her wasnt that a good thing that it dint come apart easily and then asked her why did she lie she just looked stupid!

rednibia said:

June 26th, 1:15 pm

I’ve got a list of some people I want to fling!

George W Bush
Hillary Clinton
Ronald Mcdonald
Mike Myers
Jennifer Lopez
Patrick Steward(dressed as Jean-Luc Picard)
Homer Simpson
Ed O’Neill(Al Bundy)
Zach Braff(John Dorian)
Master Shake from Aquateen Hunger Force

ziggyd24 said:

June 26th, 1:25 pm

Too bad I live in Canada

omegasyde said:

June 26th, 1:34 pm

Awesome good job at added Googlemaps location. I’ve been in that part of San Fran but never saw the store. Is it above ground level?

PS3_123106 said:

June 26th, 1:45 pm

I’ve been to the Playstation Store up there, very nice, any plans on opening one here the Los Angeles area? Might I suggest City Walk? or somewhere near the Hollywood and Highland complex?

40cal said:

June 26th, 1:52 pm

I have also seen the PS3 missrep. in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. Not to mention the negative coments made by GAMESTOP MANAGEMENT. I use to manage the second highest volume Game Stop in the area, and the store did not have a Sony Rep.

If you need more reps. let me know.

As for the FF event, I wont be there but any PSP/Crisis Core news would be great. Can we get a launch date for the U.S.

Also a FFVII PSN download for PSP and PS3 would be wonderfull along with any other FF games of course

Kaze88 said:

June 26th, 2:11 pm

aww crap i totally missed one great party. plz someone buy me a ticket from Helsinki to San francisco!! I totally love the FF series. Its one of the reasons that i got the ps3 =D

MasterCharged said:

June 26th, 2:14 pm

i leave on the east coast.

Novaoblivion said:

June 26th, 2:25 pm

I love FF to bad I live no where near San Fransico lol.

Kaze88 said:

June 26th, 2:36 pm

@Patrick Seybold

Could it be possible in any chance that you guys would put a live camera show on some event, so that we ps3 users could watch them on our ps3’s? for example movie cinema or something like that on HOME where ppl could gather and watch the event or something…it would be awesome!

[…] Playstation Blog none Share and Enjoy: These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and […]

PSheddy said:

June 26th, 3:38 pm

Too bad I’m from Ohio :-(… I play all things Final Fantasy, that would have been a blast.

Oh well.. Here’s to having ANYTHING in Cleveland someday, haha.

tearsofash said:

June 26th, 4:56 pm

All this for a remake of a game that’s how many years old? I’d hope theres more at this celebration than just FF1 and FF2 for PSP news. You know like news on the new Tactics or Dissidia games and of course other stuff.

keisukeMamoru86 said:

June 26th, 5:43 pm

I’ll be there later on :). I’m hoping to hear some surprise news, but if nothing else, I’m looking forward to seeing cosplayers

wizardpsp said:

June 26th, 5:53 pm

Well i have seen many bad ratings to this game but its a new look to the clasic of RPG and im in for the two titles!!! for my colection its good to have this game on the way for the psp!!

dml102 said:

June 26th, 6:57 pm

And here i thought it was for the online psn store. That would be cool though if you guys did something like that. An online event with square-enix. That would be awsome.

Gavi said:

June 26th, 7:01 pm

Any information on a release date for Final Fantasy: Crisis Core in the West and what about getting a Final Fantasy PSone game up in the PSN store to celebrate. Say FFVII? What say you?

dml102 said:

June 26th, 7:25 pm

Id love to see ff 7,8,9 on PSN. Iv never played 9 and would love to play it on my psp. i HAD 7 and 8 but no longer so i would definatly like to see them resureccted. Parasite eve series too!!

[…] [Via PlayStation Blog] […]

[…] [Via PlayStation Blog] […]

Herby said:

June 26th, 9:47 pm

This sounds like a blast. I heard FF parties are crazzzzzy. Too bad we don’t have any here in Miami. Have Fun and Be Safe don’t eat to much Ginger Cookies.

severeon said:

June 26th, 9:56 pm

@Patrick S.

The spelling mistake you made is the BIGGEST show of proof to me that real people are writing these posts, and not drafting them then submitting them to PR review *no offense to the SR PR man :D*

ace2ace said:

June 26th, 10:29 pm

wow can’t wait to here whats happening

Nymo said:

June 26th, 11:13 pm

I Was Just Amazed To See How Many People Came.. sadly, Not Everyone Could Actually Make It In, But It Sure Shows How Much This Accidental-Hit Really Influenced Many Gamers Over The Past 20 Years..

(one of those who didn’t get in from the massive line)

PAGE 1 2