God of War

Jul 10

Jul 10

Metal Gear Solid Trailer Coming to PlayStation Store

Patrick Seybold's Avatar Posted by Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

Metal Gear Solid 4
I just got word that we’ll have a very cool treat coming this week to the PLAYSTATION Store. What would E3 be without a new Metal Gear Solid trailer?

The latest Metal Gear Solid 4 trailer will be available exclusively for download on the PLAYSTATION Store shortly following our press conference tomorrow. From our friends over at Konami and Kojima Productions, I heard they were still putting the final touches on the trailer a mere five hours before it was hand carried today to Santa Monica for E3!!

As a reminder, the press conference will be streamed here, but if you’re one of the many MGS purists, you will no doubt want to download the trailer straight from the PlayStation Store in HD and 5.1 surround. Enjoy!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4

theShah said:

July 10th, 5:36 pm

AWESOME

Ghostm said:

July 10th, 5:36 pm

Great news. Cant wait.

nmc75 said:

July 10th, 5:39 pm

SWEET! Bring it! Metal Gear Solid 4.. “Finish the Story!” :P

TyranX said:

July 10th, 5:39 pm

YIPEEE thanks Sony, I won’t bring the exclusivity non-sense since I have faith in you guys!
Thank you very mush for this treat, you have made me a happy person. ^.^

PsychoEddie said:

July 10th, 5:42 pm

This is good news. Finally a game that can compete with F@H.

Delriach said:

July 10th, 5:42 pm

This is good news :D

womfalcs3 said:

July 10th, 5:43 pm

AWESOME!!

Most-anticipated game of 2008. Just ahead of Gran Turismo 5 and Killzone 2. (Unless the latter makes its way out before the end of the year)

Queso said:

July 10th, 5:43 pm

ocho

aaquib said:

July 10th, 5:44 pm

SWEEEET. I guess this means MGS4 just may stay exclusive since you dont really see Bill Gates posting this kind of news for XBOX =) Thanks, this is going be FREAKING AMAZING!!!!

Gothdom said:

July 10th, 5:45 pm

I hope it stays exclusive for PS3…

PSN_dronde said:

July 10th, 5:45 pm

AWSOME

Al2x said:

July 10th, 5:46 pm

Awesome! 12th!

nmc75 said:

July 10th, 5:47 pm

re: “I heard they were still putting the final touches on the trailer a mere five hours before it was hand carried today to Santa Monica for E3!! ”

They needed a bit of time to slap that PlayStation3 logo back on at the end. :)

AnubisHades said:

July 10th, 5:48 pm

yes!, tell me the trailer is full HD

Jean do Rio said:

July 10th, 5:48 pm

Just 5.1 surround? Where’s the promised 7.1 ?

DOWNGRADE CONFIRMED.

:D

Just kidding… this is awesome news… Sony, you better keep MGS4 exclusive to the PS3…

Solid snakeps3 said:

July 10th, 5:48 pm

BulletToothTony said:

July 10th, 5:49 pm

hey that’s great.. but why don’t you might as well put it on the xbox live..

have you look at this

even thou someone just mentioned that you don’t buy exclusives.. this one you should really nail it.. i believe there’s no bigger fanbase than the mgs series.. why are you guys so careless of what customers want..

anyhow.. i know that you will have thousands of game withing the life of the ps3.. but i thought you guys wanted to sell consoles kinda soon..

anyhow.. if it’s out of your hands well what can you do.. but mgs4 will be a console mover.. are you really not aware of what the gamers really want???

very dissapointed today patrick..

i love my ps3 and i praise your games and awesome ideas.. but you guys gotta listen to what customers reccomend once in a while

MasterCharged said:

July 10th, 5:49 pm

yes. i can’t wait

dml102 said:

July 10th, 5:52 pm

Great! MGS in HD. I agree with blullettoothtony. If theres one exclusive you guys buy if should be the MGS series. Please guys, i didnt pay 600 dollars for cross platform BS. I paid for quality entertaintment. Dont let this one go.

Stoffinator said:

July 10th, 5:52 pm

I can’t wait! I hope this game is exclusive? ;)

Mattjk said:

July 10th, 5:53 pm

YES!!!!!!!!!!!! awesome, thank you sony! cant wait!

FFObsessed said:

July 10th, 5:53 pm

That great news! But will this be on the European Store as well??

PLZ!

mckmas8808 said:

July 10th, 5:55 pm

Thank you Sony for requesting this to happen. You are getting better at this marketing stuff.

Aprisadien said:

July 10th, 5:55 pm

ohh this is awsome :-)

drtysouf21 said:

July 10th, 5:55 pm

Please keep MGS4 a PS3 Exclusive!

mckmas8808 said:

July 10th, 5:56 pm

Pay Konami to keep it exclusive next.

joesmokey said:

July 10th, 5:57 pm

Wait a minute, can videos from the XMB finally be listened to in 5.1 sound? Or is that a typo…

Thomaticus said:

July 10th, 5:58 pm

Like I said before, how about we get Konami to commit fully to MGS4 being a Playstation 3 exclusive… I’m tired of xbox 360 fanboys wishing and dreaming of MGS4 being on the 360. Let show the fans that if they want MGS4 then they better pick up a PS3.

AmericanNinja said:

July 10th, 5:59 pm

Awesome Thank you Sony! I can’t wait to buy this PS3 exclusive game this winter! :)

HanSolo said:

July 10th, 6:03 pm

im tired of trailers, i want playable DEMOS!!!!

Danrider said:

July 10th, 6:04 pm

If this game is not a PS3 Exlusive for good I will sell my PS3. I know about 4 other people that feel the same way. If this slips there is now way in hell Final Fantasy will stay.

GET THIS GAME IN THE BAG OR LOSE CUSTOMERS ITS THAT SIMPLE

Vinnie409 said:

July 10th, 6:05 pm

AWESOME! Please do everything in your power to keep MGS4 exclusive. This game will move major units. If Micro[DELETED] gets their hands on this game then Sony will undoubtedly lose a huge fan base. Make those Xbox fan boys buy a PS3 to experience this great game.

serrin said:

July 10th, 6:05 pm

MGS is the BEST!!! I got sooo pumped I just threw my cat out the window. WOOOO!

Chromax said:

July 10th, 6:09 pm

MGS4 and FF13 exclusive please!

androvsky said:

July 10th, 6:09 pm

People would sell their PS3 and buy a 360? Well, if it’s possible for Sony to lose MGS4 as an exclusive, it’s possible for Microsoft to make a 360 that’s somewhat reliable.

I am impressed that after all the questions about MGS4 in the previous thread that there’s already a bit of a reply (not actually an answer, but in the world of PR, this is the best it gets).

For the record, my main concern is Final Fantasy and Japanese RPGs in general, but the last trailer I saw of MGS4 was so good I’m sorely tempted to play it.

Nightz said:

July 10th, 6:10 pm

Awesome :)

Krapmaster said:

July 10th, 6:12 pm

Awesome. I’ll be enjoying this trailer as soon as possible. Here’s hoping that the game stays exclusive.

darkiewonder said:

July 10th, 6:14 pm

Sweet. is it a NEW trailer or just the trailer we’ve seen already online but now just going to be on the PSN store?

[…] the PlayStation.Blog updated fans that MGS 4 would find a resting point on the PlayStation Store in the form of the […]

PS3_is_cool said:

July 10th, 6:16 pm

OMG!! YES YES YES!!!! Thats what I’m talking about SONY!! WOOT WOOT!

haldalish said:

July 10th, 6:17 pm

hey yo MGS is hot. i got like 30 buddies talkin bout how they want it like a virgin wants to get laid. lets this game slip up on that geh box then me and my boys are turning homo . bet

soup or man said:

July 10th, 6:18 pm

As great as this news is, I’d rather hear confirmation that MGS4 is still a Playstation 3 exclusive. I can’t even count how many times I’ve seen thousands of people on the internet and irl mention how they will buy a PS3 for Metal Gear Solid 4. Let it go multi-platform and trust me there will be a crapload of people with no reason to buy a PS3. I know Sony’s business strategies are for the long run, but most people don’t realize that, or aren’t patient enough. Lose this one and trust me, you will see A LOT of fans lose faith. I’m a die-hard Playstation supporter,but in all honestly, if this game goes to the 360 even my head will start to turn.

I’ve heard you guys don’t pay for exclusive games. Well, if there’s any game to make an exception for, it’s this one.

GFXology.com said:

July 10th, 6:19 pm

Awesome, this will be my first download for sure!

coolguy2000 said:

July 10th, 6:20 pm

This sounds great!

Scham said:

July 10th, 6:20 pm

Sony, keep MGS4 exclusive to the PS3… or i´ll sell my PS3.

If peter sega moore tottoed MGS4 logo is the end.

B1ack_Mage said:

July 10th, 6:20 pm

Awsome, make sure this thing stays exclusive sony (or at the very least a timed exclusive)

[…] [Via Playstation.Blog] […]

Regret said:

July 10th, 6:30 pm

I would never pay for some game to stay exclusive if I’m dev. Earn it!

Zaku said:

July 10th, 6:33 pm

Great news. I’ll be keeping an eye out for it. And as you can see from your loyal fanbase, MGS4 is a big deal for us. Do everything you can to keep it exclusive to PS3.

blizzard182 said:

July 10th, 6:36 pm

Awesome news.

I really need to know that MGS4 stays exclusive. I am not a big fan of the series, but I know a LOT of people are so that could be bad for the console in general.

Sorry for the off topic in the Lair but it was just unbelievable.

And I don’t mind if you delete posts, but be kind enough to let people some explanation. I was just posting a couple of links. It was not some war against you.

I am a big fan of Sony, I know you are trying to do a lot for us, but this E3 better be good.

When I buy something this expensive, I don’t only expect good hard and soft, I also expect quality of service for the customer.

Good luck.