God of War

Sep 13

Sep 13

PlayStation Store Update

Grace Chen's Avatar Posted by Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Hey everyone, time for another fantastic PLAYSTATION Store update. First off, you’ll notice that we’ve updated some of the thumbnails in the Store. There are new genres for the Game Demos category. Hopefully, this makes it easier to get to the content you want. Oh, and speaking of content, we’ve heard a lot of folks asking about the NHL Demo and Poker and yes, we’ve got them both this week — and a whole lot more. Check it out.

New downloadable games:
• PixelJunk Racers ($6.99) – A single and multi-player slot car racing game, with 32 modes, 10 tracks and online rankings.
• High Stakes on the Vegas Strip: Poker Edition ($9.99) Ante up! Play limit or no-limit poker in five different game types. There’s single player mode or you can play up to five others online.

Demos, demos and more demos:
• PixelJunk Racers
• Tony Hawk’s Proving Ground
• NHL 08
• Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
• FIFA 08

Of course, more movie trailers and videos and wallpapers for your favorite new and upcoming games:
• Everyday Shooter trailer
• Warhawk trailer
• Lair Behind the Scenes video
• Feel the Noise trailer
• Juiced 2 trailer
• High Stakes on the Vegas Strip: Poker Edition trailer
• Soul Calibur IV trailer
• High Stakes: Poker wallpaper
• 2 PixelJunk Racer wallpapers
• Folklore wallpaper

And finally, we also have a free music track from our favorite dragon game, Lair.

Hope you enjoy this week’s update. Stay tuned for more…

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 8

B1ack_Mage said:

September 13th, 12:05 pm

Woohoo, that’s 3 awesome updates in a row good job sony! Now where’s those PS1 games? A thing that should be added to the store should be a search feature, that would help a lot.

Al2x said:

September 13th, 12:06 pm

A big hizzah for todays update. You guys keep coming in with the demos and playable games, I love it! Good job, just keep this coming, kthxby.

aaquib said:

September 13th, 12:13 pm

Wow Sony, you beat yourself again :)

Ill be downloading all the demos, trailers, wallpapers and purchasing the Highstakes on Poker game.

Ayden said:

September 13th, 12:14 pm

Loving these updates, really nice to see Sony kicking it up a notch, makes me feel better about my PS3 purchase.

Please start releasing some more PS1 games, please?

mcpeepants80 said:

September 13th, 12:21 pm

Lots of content and absolutely nothing that I’m interested in. Oh well, you can’t get what you want EVERY week.

Jamaicangmah said:

September 13th, 12:24 pm

Great update Sony keep up the good Job but am not able to get onto the Store because my 1.93 update keeps getttin error at 4% since LASTNIGHT!!!!

Why hasn’t this been fixed, come on guys this is really frustraiting and frankly am gettin pissed. I went to AUS playstation.com and got the update but am scared to install it as am not sure if it will work with my US\Canadian PS3. I would’ve downloaded it from my region but Sony hasn’t updated the US playstation.com with the 1.93 update as yet. WHY??????

So will the update work on my PS3 or will i have to wait till Sony fixes it’s servers or should i just sell the damn thing? :(

TwinsDad said:

September 13th, 12:25 pm

Thank you for posting this and listening to us. This was one of my suggestion on a blog post for new store contents.

All Demos will be downloaded, mission accomplished.

Did I say thanks yet? Well thanks again.

bamak93 said:

September 13th, 12:26 pm

I’m glad about this update, but as Organic says the large population of non-sports players need something to hold them off until the fall. Just give us the Lair demo you’ve been holding out.

give us skate to, cause i’m sick of hearing, “Another week without skate wtf” on the forums.

HESH said:

September 13th, 12:30 pm

Has anyone else not seen the updates in the PSN? I have tried and retried and nothing. Good old reboot and nothing, even tried getting rid of the browser cache files and nothing. Anyone got any ideas? Surely they cant update the PSN for only half the PS3 users?

Sydmour said:

September 13th, 12:31 pm

What???? I can’t see any of the new demos and I’m in the US

joel said:

September 13th, 12:33 pm

Well there’s a reason why it says “stay tuned” in the end, so basicly its not out yet, by 4pm it should be in the ps store.

Elsa43 said:

September 13th, 12:34 pm

Wow! Lots of demos!
Nice update! :)

HESH said:

September 13th, 12:37 pm

@117 but there are people who have seen, downloaded or even played the demos :(

…guess I’ll just stay tuned. Or wait till tomorrow when my 250GB hard drive turns up – it’ll give me something to start filling it up with :)

RoAcH2285 said:

September 13th, 12:39 pm

Great update Sony.Oh,and I can’t wait for the skate demo.I’m not complaining I know we will get it sooner or later.Maybe sooner than later.

Swift said:

September 13th, 12:44 pm

I’d like to know whats up with ps1 games for the US store. Its been a while since anything worthwhile has showed up. Whats the deal? The Japanese store gets massive additions all the time.

Cagalli said:

September 13th, 12:53 pm

The update usually doesn’t go live for me ( I live in Michigan) until around 6 PM EDT.

rsx3.2 said:

September 13th, 1:01 pm

Hell yeah 3 awesome updates in a row!!!1Keep it up Sony 3 awesome updates in a row and counting.

GAME-HERO said:

September 13th, 1:08 pm

Sheesh! Some of you guys sound like a bunch of snot nosed kids complaining about which toys they didn’t get……Take whatcha get and don’t throw a fit!
Jeeze!
Be thankful you get updated by Sony on a weekly basis and get this you don’t have to pay for it.
As for ME and some others here, we are grateful, Thank You SONY!

skygod said:

September 13th, 1:09 pm

Oh and hopefully that rumor about the R&C demo on the 4th is true. That demo alone will help me re-convince my wife that the PS3 was a good anniversary present that we gave to each other.

Ha ha!

Jeigh said:

September 13th, 1:09 pm

Thank you! And a FREE Lair track?? That game has some amazing music! Thank you more! :D

ryjo965 said:

September 13th, 1:27 pm

Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix lol at that 1 year old game

Loucifer said:

September 13th, 1:29 pm

@ryjo965

LOL…seriously

eclipsed4utoo said:

September 13th, 1:31 pm

good God. I have never seen people complain so much when they got 5 DEMOS!!! jesus. Even if Sony does give you what you want, you would still find something else to complain about. You guys really need to grow up.

scorpio said:

September 13th, 1:31 pm

Great update… I can’t wait to be part of the Thursday updates. I will be getting my PS3 in a few weeks….woohooo

Dubbedinenglish said:

September 13th, 1:37 pm

Lair music track! Now I have my theme music everywhere I go!

sascha23 said:

September 13th, 1:38 pm

Good job PSN staff. This is exactly what the fans wanted. Consistent and meaty updates to look forward to every week.

It will be nice to continue to see the store’s design and structure evolve as well. That’s the only factor that could use some more work.

Keep it up!

Kxpuc27 said:

September 13th, 1:42 pm

hmm i might actually get back into playing NHL games if the demo is good. MLB 07 The Show got me back into baseball games. Now to get a demo of Uncharted, Kane and Lynch, LBP, and FF13 :p and i’d be set till the games come out

steve lamb said:

September 13th, 1:48 pm

Finally sony is running it’s online store to be competitive with xbl.I love it and thank you so very much sony :)

joel said:

September 13th, 1:52 pm

Wow nice new designes, and nice content, now we have a new tab!! music!!!

fiaz said:

September 13th, 1:52 pm

it’s been a while since i’ve posted but i jus like to thank sony for all the great updates lately.
I’m really lookin forward to playing fifa.
And cant wait til R&C and uncharted hits the ps store. Keep it up yo

scott said:

September 13th, 1:53 pm

the more demos that u release,the more games u will sell.so just put demos of the games coming out the next couple of months..

Daver said:

September 13th, 1:54 pm

Whoa! i just got home and turned on my ps3 and saw that huge and amazing update… Very nice one
btw i just got my copy of HS :) ill try it toonight

KatanaKing said:

September 13th, 1:57 pm

SONY

As you can see by the number of comments on the PSN update, this is what people want, really…..

west said:

September 13th, 1:59 pm

The Playstation 3 hasn’t been out for a year and already I am seeing some awesome improvements like more demos. We could use a store redesign and in-game xmb w/ custom soundtracks so we can rock on to that song you gave us for free. Still a fantastic update.

jedislayer101 said:

September 13th, 2:02 pm

Thank you very much. I’ll be looking forward to the R&C Future demo.

fiaz said:

September 13th, 2:14 pm

@anyone who knows
are we gettin a timeshift demo in de near future. Im really looking forward to this game and would like to try it out.

afrosheen said:

September 13th, 2:23 pm

Pretty sweet update, I could get used to this.

Now all Sony needs is:

1. bandwidth for the PS Store
2. more bandwidth
3. a warhawk patch

Grace Chen's Avatar

Patrick Seybold said:

September 13th, 2:25 pm

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Glad you are enjoying the variety of content going up every week.

I have to confirm this, but contrary to popular reports, I believe that the Skate demo was just officially submitted to us for test last week. Its obvious that many of you want it, and we’ll do our best to get it up there as soon as we can. Hold tight.

Loucifer said:

September 13th, 2:26 pm

Theres a good answer

Loucifer said:

September 13th, 2:27 pm

hmmm…didnt expect that comin

Laughed said:

September 13th, 2:28 pm

1.) I agree with one of the first posters, stop trying to rape your customers. THese prices are ridiculous.

2.) When are we going to be able to log into 2 profiles at the same time. X360 does it. Its not hard, complicated. Why allow users the ability to make 16 profiles if your only allowed to use one at a time. I’m amazed no one else is griping about this.

darktorns said:

September 13th, 2:29 pm

aww man, i was waiting for a SKATE demo =/

Loucifer said:

September 13th, 2:31 pm

@Laughed

“3.) Whats with all the “Great job, keep it coming posts”. You trying to get content that comes only after you’ve kissed a certain amount of ass. Your wasting my time.”

LOL

Sony ALWAYS gets the stuff weeks after 360…ask your buddies when they get a new demo and look for it on PSN about 3 weeks after your friends are done playing them and moved on to the game

Laughed said:

September 13th, 2:38 pm

kinglink, Ummm where did i ask for or mention a specific game? Yeah, thanks. Just cause were finally getting content doesn’t mean we have to lose our minds like a bunch of HS cheerleaders, or 5 year olds cooing at our parents on christmas morning.

Nobbler said:

September 13th, 2:39 pm

EUROPE ????

terraform said:

September 13th, 2:44 pm

The week Skate was released on XBL and didn’t show up on the PSN update the following day, I was a little dissapointed.

The next week, I was a annoyed. The third week, I was pissed.

After the fourth week, I bought an Xbox.

PROBLEM SOLVED. Nice job Sony.

All of you who’re thanking Sony for doing updates, starting this blog, etc, should come to the realization that they’re not doing you any favors. They got (or still want) your 600 dollars and it’s in THEIR best interest to keep customers happy if they want to stay in business.

Arrogance isn’t going to cut it any more.

snakesoldier said:

September 13th, 2:45 pm

This blog is a SCEA blog, not SCEE, so stop asking about Europe!
Now i’ve got that out of the way, i love how you guys have been giving us so much each week as of late.
Question: I’ve heard that all titles being developed for the PS3 are now required to have a demo some time before their release. Is this true?

snakesoldier said:

September 13th, 2:50 pm

By the way guys, for those of you who haven’t played the Skate demo yet… i have a 360 as well and honesty it’s way to technical a game to be any fun.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 8