Overwatch

Sep 27

Sep 27

God of War: Chains of Olympus – Special Edition Demo Disc

Cory Barlog's Avatar Posted by Sony Santa Monica Studios

GOWCOOpsp-demosleeve
What is up God of War fans? Sorry for the long hiatus but things have been crazy here at Casa De Kratos…much to do. I thought I would come out of my somewhat self imposed media coma to let everyone know that the PSP demo discs are freaking done baby!!! As I type these words, legions of carrier Harpies are being dispatched to deliver the sweet UMD goodness that is God of War: Chains of Olympus – Special edition: Battle of Attica Demo Disc…otherwise know as GOW: COO –SE:BoADD. Good god…that is a freaking mouthful, even typing this abbreviated version makes me tired.

That’s it for now, keeping this one quick. The game is looking absolutely amazing, btw, so I hope everyone enjoys this little taste of portable God of War goodness. As a matter of fact, I think it even got an award for the Best PSP Game, or something like that, at the Leipzig conference.

Alright, back to my work induced hibernation…

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 5

XxBigP123xX said:

September 27th, 5:07 pm

god of war is one of the reasons i bought a ps3! nice to know im getting this demo. when will we see god of war 3?

xplosneer said:

September 27th, 5:15 pm

Didn’t I sign up for the demo in like March or something? Anyways, pretty cool. 3 posts to day as well.

remanutd said:

September 27th, 5:20 pm

nice can’t wait to play this game on my psp and gow 3 on my ps3

Cory Barlog's Avatar

corybarlog said:

September 27th, 5:34 pm

God of War 3? I have no idea what you are talking about?

Stoffinator said:

September 27th, 5:36 pm

I remember signing up for the demo many many months ago. Nice to know that they are finally going out, can’t wait.

Cory Barlog's Avatar

corybarlog said:

September 27th, 5:40 pm

Yeah, sorry about the long stretch between signing up and getting the demo…but I think it was well worth it!

Of course everyone says that about thier own games…so, you know…take that with a grain of salt.

cory

Goodfella2487 said:

September 27th, 5:43 pm

“God of War 3? I have no idea what you are talking about?
:)”
OMG ITS COMING! =P

Herby said:

September 27th, 5:49 pm

Sweet I can’t wait for this demo. Just beat GOW and GOW2 again to freshen up on the story. You guys are just making that September Deadline by a hair, huh. I am not going to complain thanks for the demo guys.

Sanjoken said:

September 27th, 5:51 pm

I signed up for the demo the night we found out, but I never got an email saying I’m getting it, but I got the recent email saying, “Keep these sneak peeks and hang tight… Kratos is coming!”. Does this mean I’m getting the demo? I live in Canada, and I heard that Canadians aren’t getting the demo. Just wanna make sure, so I don’t have to sit in front of my mailbox waiting for something I’ll never get ;)

zookey said:

September 27th, 5:52 pm

Heck yeah baby–can’t wait!!

Queso said:

September 27th, 5:57 pm

cool I’ve been waiting for my copy for a while now, thanks for the info & keep up the good work.

Cesar said:

September 27th, 5:59 pm

Well after you guys are done with the beta can we get in on the playstation store oh i buy the psp slim i’m ready

XxBigP123xX said:

September 27th, 6:01 pm

you know what we’re talking about :)

coolasj19 said:

September 27th, 6:05 pm

luckily i gave youll my address 3 years ago :P

gardea said:

September 27th, 6:09 pm

You guys lied to us :( saying September 6th… It’s September 27th lol. I thought my mailman stole my copy or something :(

Anyways, glad to see the demos finally shipping out..I’m sure they’ll get to our mailboxes in around 2 weeks? :(

Cesar said:

September 27th, 6:12 pm

We need PSP Demos on the Playstation Store i download them out of the Internet buy there on Japanese my english is bad enough

Dew87 said:

September 27th, 6:14 pm

Hey Cory, where do I sign up to get this special edition demo? or is it too late?

Anyway, keep up the great work. Can’t wait for the full game, and of course God of War 3 ;)

Sanjoken said:

September 27th, 6:18 pm

It’s too late to sign up. Sign up was around 3-4 months ago.. but I’m hoping that they’ll make a downloadable demo *cough*

Cameron said:

September 27th, 6:19 pm

On word.

WOOT!

Jeigh said:

September 27th, 6:20 pm

“legions of carrier Harpies” = Hilarity! :D

You had to have seen the God of War 3 questions coming. Anyway, frikcin’ sweet.

joel said:

September 27th, 6:22 pm

God of war ftw!!!

GOD OF WAR 3 ON THE PS3 CONFIRM IT ALREADY!!!

[…] Via Playstation.Blog […]

darkedgex said:

September 27th, 6:23 pm

Ah, that’s too bad that signups are closed. Would have liked to have been able to get this to check it out…

darkiewonder said:

September 27th, 6:25 pm

Hey Cory, Want to send me a psp so I can try out that Demo disc when I get it?

Dew87 said:

September 27th, 6:27 pm

Thanks Sanjoken, I hope so too.

Kratos_ate_Snake said:

September 27th, 6:29 pm

GOW: COO –SE:BoADD lol that is funny.

Cory my man… GOW: COO can only tie me over for so long. Where is GOW 3.

Me hungry for more epicness….. Is that a word?

GamerMan76 said:

September 27th, 6:34 pm

corybarlog noone gets any love from the blog admins here and getting there nice red easy to find comments here..

I signed up the first day that I knew about the demo and I was losing hope of ever getting it. This is great news and can’t wait to see GOW on my PSP..

and is this statement a no comment statement:

“God of War 3? I have no idea what you are talking about?” cause if it is that’s great news

GamerMan76 said:

September 27th, 6:35 pm

oops.. didn’t that quote correctly.. the cause if it is that’s great news was not supposed to be in the quote.. LOL

Karamo said:

September 27th, 6:36 pm

Nice i can’t wait, to give my psp a taste of Chains of Olympus, now if they can just announce GoW3 already. I mean we all know that SCEA Santa Monica Studio is up to something, if Ready at Dawn is doing this.

Runningflame570 said:

September 27th, 6:44 pm

HELL YES, I’m definitely going to play this. :)

Unfortunately I have all my mail going to a permanent address roughly 100 miles to the south, so it may be awhile before I can get it. :(

But I’m definitely going to love this! :)

..Once I can actually play it. :(

Zaku said:

September 27th, 6:45 pm

Awesome. Now to keep my eyes on the mail :D

Vassago said:

September 27th, 6:45 pm

where i can get the demo i want it :P Good job team !!!

The1Weapon said:

September 27th, 6:48 pm

I can’t wait for this demo. I hope that I’ve gotten the email saying that I’m gonna get it.

Jedah said:

September 27th, 6:58 pm

When GoW 3 hits the PS3… it’s going to be bigger than that other “big” launch that happened this week on that other console…

I just hope Sony puts huge money in it’s marketing for it.

Neil said:

September 27th, 7:04 pm

Cory, this is great news. I cannot wait. this is a definite day one purchase for me. Also love your blog.

AmericanNinja said:

September 27th, 7:06 pm

w00t! I can’t wait! :) :D

[…] God of War: Chains of Olympus – Special Edition Demo Disc [PlayStation.blog] […]

xplosneer said:

September 27th, 7:30 pm

For some reason you posters are losing your red today. Feeling blue? :D

C-h-a-o-s said:

September 27th, 7:30 pm

So far this seems like the only demo worth waiting a couple months for, I hope it lives up to the hype I have been drooling over.

wolverine81 said:

September 27th, 7:40 pm

@corybarlog

Thanks for the info. Can’t wait to get the demo, if I’m even going to get it (hopefully). Nice avatar by the way! The mods also need to highlight your posts in red. Thanks again!

[…] unknown wrote an interesting post today!.Here’s a quick excerptGOWCOOpsp-demosleeve What is up God of War fans? Sorry for the long hiatus but things have been crazy here at Casa De Kratos…much to do. I thought I would come out of my somewhat self imposed media coma to let everyone know that the PSP … […]

C-h-a-o-s said:

September 27th, 8:18 pm

I forgot to ask(don’t think I can edit my previous post), is there any truth to the rumor of a downloadable version of the demo? The CoO section of the PlayStation forums have been rampant with downloadable demo talk.

OrganicShadow said:

September 27th, 8:24 pm

Do we need to go sign up to get this demo? Or is it one of the randomly sent out demos?

40cal said:

September 27th, 8:26 pm

Oh hells yeah! I am really hoping that the Black PSP 2000 hits retail before this shows up in the mail.

CORY, please tell me you have a date for that sexy Black PSP 2000.

Also I need some fake blades of chaos for Haloween. If you could point me in the right direction. “You dare defy the God of War” :)

And not like you need to know this but we want GoW 3 for PS3. Kratos is ten times more badass than the guy in the goofy green space suit. LOL

kbasanti said:

September 27th, 8:32 pm

[quote]God of War 3? I have no idea what you are talking about?
:)[/quote]

GOD OF WAR 3

CONFIRMED!

ps. Love the games Cory!

sectionz said:

September 27th, 8:32 pm

I have mine coming w00t .. we signed up for this MONTHS ago and I am so excited to see it coming along .. but please guys more GOW, it wont get old until after a PS3 debut .. seeing that I bought David Jaffee’s old house in a dream its fitting to see that with my continued support of his IP im helping him buy about 12 other ones ;).

DevilWillcry said:

September 27th, 8:50 pm

OMG OMG OMG OMG! I can’t wait till I get mine in the mail, I remember signing up for it awhile back I can’t wait. Work hard on God of War 3 for PS3 Cory!

Chromax said:

September 27th, 8:54 pm

Yay it’s coming! Now to wait for God of War 3! =D

40cal said:

September 27th, 9:02 pm

Oh yeah! Thank you Cory :) Still waiting on the Black PSP 2000 though. And you know we want GoW 3 after CoO.

“You dare defy the God of War”
Man I loved that line.

foolio_67 said:

September 27th, 10:02 pm

Haven’t played me some GoW for awhile now!

PAGE 1 2 3 5