God of War

Sep 27

Sep 27

PlayStation Store Update

Grace Chen's Avatar Posted by Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Hi, everyone. It’s time for the PLAYSTATION Store weekly update.

We have two great PS3 demos this week:
• Clive Barker’s Jericho
• NBA 2K8

We also have a couple more add-ons. The first is a new vehicle for MotorStorm. This vehicle, the “Castro Capitano,” is not offered in any other MotorStorm bundle, and it’s only $0.99. There’s also a new Speed Master add-on for Ninja Gaiden Sigma.

As usual, we released more game videos and movie trailers:
• NBA 08 Upside Progression System tutorial
• Eye of Judgement Overview
• Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock trailer
• Iron Man trailer
• We Own the Night trailer

Enjoy!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4

tielo said:

September 27th, 10:53 am

Nice, want to know how Jericho plays

DarKaoZ said:

September 27th, 10:55 am

No PES08 DEMO? Awwwwwww… I wanted to play it on the PS3… oh well… maybe next week.

Anyways, can you guys upload any of the 2 new DMC4 trailers in HD? I should love to see them on my PS3.

C-h-a-o-s said:

September 27th, 10:55 am

Just throwing this out there, how about a store on the PC like Japan has? I am sure the non PS3 owners like my self would greatly appreciate it.

SpaceKeesie said:

September 27th, 10:57 am

Damn, nice update but seriously what a let down…another week without the PES2008 demo…

ok that it isn’t on the US store, but seriously what is up with that UK/EU store….the Xbox owners already got that freakin demo friday last week…and we have to wait more than one week to get that same demo???? Seriously someone needs to step up and do something about SCEE

fsan85 said:

September 27th, 10:59 am

2K8 finally. Thank You.

brambler said:

September 27th, 11:00 am

Not the most exciting update ever. But if this had been an update back in like March, we would have been going crazy. 2 Demos!!!!!!!!!!! yeah!!!!!!!!!!!

RobinNL said:

September 27th, 11:00 am

Great update! but it cant beat the rumored Killzone 2 BETA update…… guess I could’ve seen this coming.

alballam said:

September 27th, 11:01 am

when is PES 2008 demo :(

Cagalli said:

September 27th, 11:01 am

That rumored Killzone 2 thing is fake, btw. Finally a non-sports related game demo. ;) And also, I second the motion of getting those new Devil May Cry 4 trailers up in HD.

Zaku said:

September 27th, 11:02 am

Looking forward to Jericho, Iron Man trailer, and the EoJ trailer :)

@ 4:

SCEE seems to be out there when it comes to their store. SCEA and SCEJ seem to be on the ball with content but SCEE always is putting up content afterwards or puts up little to nothing when they do. The common reason I’ve heard is because of multiple languages/laws they have over there.

Cagalli said:

September 27th, 11:03 am

With #10, there could also be some issues getting the content licensed over there.

night_sign said:

September 27th, 11:04 am

Pes2008 demo?

RoAcH2285 said:

September 27th, 11:05 am

I said over N4G.com I didn’t think there would be a Killzone 2 multiplayer beta.I’m so surprised I was right……not.Don’t worry I don’t blame Sony, that was a stupid prediction for game thats way to far away from release, not that I’m not looking forward to it though.This wasn’t the best update but we’ve got some pretty good ones lately.Anyway Thanks.

Destroyer41139 said:

September 27th, 11:06 am

Another nice update ps store team keep it up!!

Cagalli said:

September 27th, 11:07 am

Stop begging for demos… we have been getting them for every week straight for the past two months now. We did get Jericho day and date with the PC/Xbox versions to you know. The reason the PES2008 demo isn’t up this week is because the publisher probably didn’t send it yet.

joel said:

September 27th, 11:08 am

Were are the ps1 andPSN games??!?!

Praneeth said:

September 27th, 11:08 am

Where’s the PES demo? XBox got it a week ago??

MrCamo said:

September 27th, 11:09 am

Awesome demos I cannot wait to get “Home” and download them. Wondering if anybody has asked for the ability to “Point” one buddy to another, so we do not need to tell everybody who buys a PS3 the exact spelling of each of our friends? It seems like a great way to get 1 up on the other guys.

Totao said:

September 27th, 11:11 am

hopefully the 2k8 demo is longer that nba live

Praneeth said:

September 27th, 11:11 am

At least a reason for the delayed Pro Evolution Soccer demo would be nice…. Aren’t we supposed to be the lead platform for PES?

singularity0821 said:

September 27th, 11:12 am

EU got:

Folklore Demo (again…)
Sega Rally Demo
Motorstorm: Capitano & Varjack cars
Ninja Gaiden: Master of speed
Warhawk & Heavenly Sword wallpapers
Feel Ski Trailer
inFamous trailer
PES 2008 trailer

SpaceKeesie said:

September 27th, 11:14 am

lol, I don’t believe Sony didn’t get the demo yet…Konami confirmed they sent the demo to Microsoft and Sony on the same time…

so please, SCEA/SCEE when will we get that PES 2008 demo?

Kamahl said:

September 27th, 11:17 am

the update is ok, not as cool as the last ones but its still ok.

hgll said:

September 27th, 11:18 am

I can’t belive there is no pro evo demo! this is just stupid, konami said they sent the demo a week ago!

Oompa said:

September 27th, 11:20 am

Yay! We get to try out Jericho! Now if Sony could get us Unreal Tournament III Demo/Uncharted Demo/MGS4 Demo/LBP Beta/Home Beta by the end of 2007 I think we would all be very happy :)

Praneeth said:

September 27th, 11:21 am

No, we will not be all happy. At least until we get the PES 2008 demo… It’s not too late… :S

40cal said:

September 27th, 11:21 am

Clive Barker’s Jericho and the Eye of Judgement Overview is good stuff. And yes we want more PSone games put on the PSN. The first Warhawk would be nice along with MGS, and FFVII. thanks

SpaceKeesie said:

September 27th, 11:21 am

please answer my question SCEE/SCEA:

why don’t we have the PES2008 demo yet? and when will we get it ?

StormLord said:

September 27th, 11:22 am

yay! more new stuff for motorstorm

TwinsDad said:

September 27th, 11:23 am

Thank you for letting us know what the store is going to have.

It sucks, but I love knowing what is coming out so don’t stop posting.

PSPMAN07 said:

September 27th, 11:24 am

I am seriously let down by this update, yet again HVB makes it on the coming soon list (Two weeks ago now; First time it landed on the list it was back in July) yet no HVB. This is ridiculous, I’m all for waiting, but don’t continue to say it’s coming soon, when the date is far off. I’m a Sony Fan, but I’m starting to get a little weary of the Playstation Store. Not many games have been released, and when they are they have problems. Demos are cool, but I much rather see full games worth playing than to keep playing a demo.

foolio_67 said:

September 27th, 11:24 am

I look froward to trying out Jericho.

Kratos_ate_Snake said:

September 27th, 11:26 am

cool update….

there sure are lots of basketball demos… lol

hnbeanz said:

September 27th, 11:26 am

Wheres the PES2008 demo that was handed over to Sony by Konami well over a week ago?
360 & PC owners already have one, typical Sony, make PS3 owners wait again.

This is really beginning to suck.

brambler said:

September 27th, 11:27 am

Ratchet & Clank demo is next week!!!!

Paying for individual vehicles does not appeal to me. I will not purchase that one

scott said:

September 27th, 11:29 am

when will we get demos 4 the hard core games on the way in november

SpaceKeesie said:

September 27th, 11:29 am

@ hnbeanz:

I don’t think this really has anything to do with SCEA, because they are not supposed to get the PES2008 demo up on the US store. The PES2008 demo is only meant for UK/EU(/AUS?)….so it is typical that SCEE let us wait again. I would really like to see SCEE working a little harder; to release demos on the same time as US demo, and release demos for EU region on time, and release games not long after released in US.

Griffo said:

September 27th, 11:33 am

What the hell happened to the MGS4 and MGO videos being uploaded!? ffs. I don’t care about any of this other stuff.

Cagalli said:

September 27th, 11:36 am

Metal Gear videos are next Thursday according to the latest Kojima Productions podcast.

theydidntnameme said:

September 27th, 11:37 am

How long after this blog is updated does the store itself actually update? I was under the impression reading this that the nba 2k8 demo was up, but the store hasn’t even updated it. How much longer after the blog posts does the store update???

Destroyer41139 said:

September 27th, 11:40 am

@41 another 3-5 hours usually

theydidntnameme said:

September 27th, 11:42 am

Ahhhh!!!!!!!!! 3-5 hours… need nba 2k8 now…………….. :(

TheClassicalGod said:

September 27th, 11:43 am

I’m just happy to get another shooter out in the mix, now that I know what’s out today… mind explaining where it is? lol

And slightly relevant to updates.. You can’t tell me that the fix to the screw up from last month counts as a firmware update for this month. I’m wrong, right?

Gorvi said:

September 27th, 11:43 am

This update is something of a letdown compared to what we’ve had the past few weeks. You guys had a good pace going, it’s a little sad to see you break that. Oh well.

Anyway, how much is the Ninja Gaiden content going for? The price isn’t stated in your post.

RandomEarthling said:

September 27th, 11:44 am

Give us the demos that were at TGS for MGS4, Echochrome and DMC4.

On a side note, where’s the special edition of Stranglehold?

Mana Knight said:

September 27th, 11:47 am

Please everyone, don’t complain about PES 2008 here. This blog is SCEA, not SCEE (SCEE has nothing to do with this blog). The U.S. won’t get a demo for a while because we won’t get the game for a while.

Not a bad update this week.

Al2x said:

September 27th, 11:48 am

WOW. Hello, can you make some Motorstorm stuff free? We pretty much payed for half a game, and now we’re paying $7+ for some add ons. Throw us a bone.

Loucetios said:

September 27th, 11:49 am

nice, will have to download jericho and the trailers after class, nice update, but try to bring us killzone 2 beta! that would be awesome and make every ps3 gamer happy for awhile!

[…] PlayStation Store Update […]

jonabbey said:

September 27th, 11:50 am

It seems strange for PSN to continue to promote Paramount movie trailers (like Iron Man, cool as it looks), since Paramount decided not to support PS3 owners with any further Blu-Ray movie releases.

The Iron Man isn’t a trailer for anything we’ll get in high-def, it’s just something we can go out to see at a theater, or buy on DVD.

Why continue to support Paramount in this way?

PAGE 1 2 3 4