Final Fantasy XV

Oct 31

Oct 31

Incoming from Insomniac! Resistance: Fall of Man Patch

Greg Phillips's Avatar Posted by Senior Producer, SIE

We interrupt the final Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction dev diary post for a special announcement

As some of you may have heard, a new patch for Resistance: Fall of Man will be hitting soon.

How soon you may ask? As soon as this afternoon!

Major changes are listed below and full patch notes can be found on myresistance.net.

-Ability to take screenshots in game using a USB keyboard.
-Weapon balance changes and new round balancing options -Dual Shock 3 support added for online AND single player.
-Password protected custom games.
-Numerous bug fixes.

If you try to login and cannot, it means we are staging the patch for deployment. Or California was hit by another earthquake. One or the other. We now return you to the scheduled finale of RCF: TOD: the
Developer Diaries
. And go watch the new Uncharted trailer while you’re at it :)

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Delriach said:

October 31st, 4:33 pm

Here’s some pics I took. The first two are the ratchet and clank gear.

You can use the screen shot ability in offline multiplayer and online multiplayer

Soong said:

October 31st, 4:34 pm

Screenshot is online only. It locks up a bit when you take one as well.

Delriach said:

October 31st, 4:36 pm

the screen shot works of offline multiplayer as well.

Soong said:

October 31st, 4:37 pm

Yeah but not campaign. And it doesn’t hide the HUD either! Ah well. Better than nothing.

grashopper said:

October 31st, 4:38 pm

Aww I wanted screenshots in campaign mode, nice they are trying stuff though

Loucetios said:

October 31st, 4:41 pm

if u go online, everyone is a skeletan XD

Soong said:

October 31st, 4:47 pm

It is Halloween, after all…

Resistance: Fall of Man Gets Patched said:

October 31st, 4:48 pm

[…] getting from Sony, Insomniac has decided to patch their PlayStation 3 launch game. According to a blog post made on PlayStation.Blog earlier today, the patch could see the light of today as early as ‚Äúthis […]

Dominican21 said:

October 31st, 4:51 pm

Any news on Update 2.0!!?

I cant wait for it.. I wish it came out midnight 12am…. The Update 2.00 is coming yet? Any news??

Jaden Hybrid said:

October 31st, 6:31 pm

This game is awsome always love updates, but my biggest wish as yet to happen is upscalling to 1080…….

Ah well someday, thanks for R & C though for upscale……always a treat….

slomo788 said:

October 31st, 6:31 pm

Good job Insomniac. You provided us with a game that is clearly one of the best on PS3 even one year after its launch, and I hear Ratchet is also making noise (first PS3 game ever praised by the NY Times who says that it’s one of the games that will show the difference between 360/Wii and PS3). However, how about even MORE weapons (I know I’m greedy), vehicles (flying) and maybe custom soundtracks integration while we’re waiting for Resistance’s sequel?

[…] Resistance Update (Sony PS Blog) […]

Cameron said:

October 31st, 7:07 pm

Any chance we will ever see Keyboard & Mouse support for Resistance? Even if it’s only for the single player game?

When you’ve been playing FPS games on PCs every night for over 8 years, switching to a controller is so terribly frustrating I couldn’t even play R:FOM past the first level. Knowing you could lay the smack down if it wasn’t for the limiting control options *is* a deal breaker for me.

I know, I’ll have this issue with almost every FPS on consoles, but I can’t see why the option isn’t there for single player gamers.

[…] Incoming from Insomniac! Resistance: Fall of Man patch [PlayStation.blog] […]

xplosneer said:

October 31st, 9:16 pm

Forgot to mention something to do with Holloween. ;)

TheHakku said:

October 31st, 9:40 pm

Less powerful LAARK and Rossmore online? I hope so!

[…] Playstation.Blog Read More: Patch, Playstation 3, Resistance: Fall of […]

Gregero said:

November 1st, 12:13 am

Ah such funny stuff with the skeletons. Excellent job, guys. I had some fun taking those pictures too. It’s gonna be neat to see a bunch of group pictures.

thecodemaker said:

November 1st, 6:16 am

This is nice and everything but. What about warhawk Patch.

Jeigh said:

November 1st, 8:18 am

Thanks for the hard work. ;)

Zinacef said:

November 1st, 8:21 am

I haven’t played this game in a while, and never really noticed that many bugs to begin with, but I guess it’s a good thing – this patch! I’ll be sure to hop back on, and see what it does for my stats! Thanks Insomniac.

lakaihigh said:

November 1st, 8:24 am

@ Greg Phillips – awesome patch for Resistance! I also loved the bangles, they are hilarious… thanks for clearing that up for me.

Peace,
Lh

frito said:

November 1st, 8:32 am

Cool! Screenshots!

NICE!!

Too bad it can only be done with a keyboard-

any way to enable screenshots thru the controller for those of us with out a keyboard?

A year after it’s release, and resistance is still getting better!

thanks!

Herby said:

November 1st, 2:25 pm

Thanks for the heads up and update.

warezIbanez said:

November 1st, 4:30 pm

woot- screenshots!

Resistance Update Adds Rumble : DigitalBattle said:

November 1st, 10:57 pm

[…] announced on the PlayStation Blog, a new patch for Resistance: Fall of Man is now available. This update […]

xxLONESTARxx said:

November 2nd, 7:05 am

OK, back to Resistance…Oh wait, Warhawk just released a patch…I wont see the light of day at all this weekend.

[…] over at Insomniac, after taking a short reprieve from the completed Ratchet and Clank, decided to issue a patch for everyone’s favorite FPS launch title. We’ll describe the update […]

nate_g said:

November 3rd, 1:54 pm

hey i got a answer for the people who dont have credit card buy a prepaid one at walmart. it would be nice on rfom to have a patch where head shots actually take off the head like in gears of war. when we gonna get some free downloads christmas is coming up.

Deviation said:

November 4th, 10:54 pm

Why won’t this update download for me? I’ve never gotten it to move past 0 percent.

deadsoul said:

November 27th, 9:13 am

hey greg
im just having a problem i wonder if you can address, since many people as are/used to have it.
whenever i need to download the update of resistance to play online i have this msg ” update failed network failure”
i fixed my settings from NAT Type 3 to NAT Type 2 and still nothing. i had a launch ps3 and it was working fine in it in Lebanon, now im moved to Kuwait so i got another brand new PS3 and a brand new Resistance copy, the new one doesnt seem to work, any help would be much appreciated thank you in advance.

Nothingface921 said:

November 27th, 12:05 pm

Is there a way to download this patch from the Internet using an external media device (USB drive)? Currently, I am not able to connect my PS3 to the Internet. Thanks.

PAGE 1 2