PlayStation Vue - One Punch Man

Oct 31

Oct 31

Ratchet & Clank Future Developer Diary #6

Greg Phillips's Avatar Posted by Senior Producer, SIE

To finish off our developer diary series on Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, we have this guy named Ted Price, whom you may have heard of once or twice before :). He’s the founder and CEO of Insomniac Games and was the creative director on Resistance: Fall of Man. For RCF, Ted took a back seat as Brian Allgier (creative director) and John Fiorito (project manager) helmed the good ship Ratchet & Clank. Only to watch it become the good pirate ship Ratchet & Clank.

But I digress, so without further adieu, Ted’s dev diary on Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction!

Additional Insomniac interviews:
Ratchet & Clank Future Developer Diary #5 (Bill Parmenter and Brian Mathison)
Ratchet & Clank Future Developer Diary #4 (Giac Veltri)
Ratchet & Clank Future Developer Diary #3 (Mark Lee)
Ratchet & Clank Future Developer Diary #2 (TJ Fixman)
Ratchet & Clank Future Developer Diary #1 (Brian Hastings)

Please also read our previous PlayStation.Blog Ratchet & Clank Future posts.

Add Your Own

[…] unknown wrote an interesting post today onHere’s a quick excerptRatchet & Clank Future Developer Diary #3 (Mark Lee) Ratchet & Clank Future Developer Diary #2 (TJ Fixman) Ratchet & Clank Future Developer Diary #1 (Brian Hastings). Please also read our previous PlayStation.Blog Ratchet & Clank Future … […]

Devin1498 said:

October 31st, 12:24 pm

ted price=HUNK/SEX . he’s the cutest man in the industry

Top_Shelf said:

October 31st, 12:25 pm

Nice video. I love the comment about being open about development to further development as a whole and agree. The real secrets are in managing the development and coming up with new ideas and maybe some technical choices in 3d engines, etc., but sharing ideas about how to better utilize the ps3 platform in general is great and I don’t see how it’s not a good thing for everyone in the industry.

But really, wow you really really left us hanging with that last comment… With so much talk about Resistance, is it a Resistance 2?? if so, please add bots and multiplayer split screen online, etc. and a bigger ending and more gameplay that pushes you into wanting to see what’s next… :D

Draicus said:

October 31st, 12:40 pm

Oh, that “To Be Continued” was harsh. When will it be continued? Within the week, month, year? If it’s either of the latter two options, then shame on you!

Overall, another great developer diary. It’s really hard not to appreciate Insomniac and their work ethics.

lostboy85 said:

October 31st, 12:45 pm

Its nice hearing from Ted in this series of videos. As a huge Insomniac fan I’m constantly wondering what Ted is up to and what his thoughts are. Ratchet and Clank Future: TOD is truly an amazing game, i haven’t had this much fun with a game in a long time.
Thank You.

kadab said:

October 31st, 12:48 pm

o man you guys at INSOMNIAC ARE CRUUUUUUEEEELLLLLL, anyway thanks for making the best PS3 Game( so far)
l really like your company’s attitude( how you share info with other companies). You guys a really setting an example of how it should be done. Thanks guys

Globox82 said:

October 31st, 12:56 pm

Am i the only one that can’t see last 6 seconds?

Dominican21 said:

October 31st, 12:59 pm

Best Developers In The Entire World. You guys really make other developers look bad lol… cough cough* EA cought* Ubisoft cough* excuse me lol.

Nynja said:

October 31st, 1:36 pm

OF COURSE… cut off the vid right before he says what the next game is… nice. Actually, you’re a tease…!! :)

Violater said:

October 31st, 1:42 pm

Hey Ted,
I’ve beat ratchet, sooooo when do we hear about Sgt. Hale?

kanyn said:

October 31st, 1:53 pm

Hahaha…Nice ending.

nmc75 said:

October 31st, 2:03 pm

ahem.. speaking about Resistance… when are we going to see/hear about Resistance 2?

[…] all the details here […]

gamesblow said:

October 31st, 3:10 pm

There he is! That dude is slick as grease, man. I love the end. Awesome cliff hanger, much like their kick balls game. Thumbs up to Insomniac~ New York Times… what’s next for these guys?

Karamo said:

October 31st, 5:12 pm

Tedd you are the man, great job to the team and your self. my $ is your, the game seems to be attracting many kind of audiences. You are a great partner of sony

Hitman_Legend said:

October 31st, 5:26 pm

Hmm that to be continued wasn’t funny, but it was clever can’t wait to get a chance to pick up Ratchet, Ive loved the series so far, it really is a nice change with aside from a shooter which has become sort of dominate.

Voozi said:

October 31st, 6:35 pm

Resistance: Rise of Man 100% confirmed!

blade402 said:

October 31st, 10:36 pm

Dominican21 let us just hope EA does not mess up any future Bioware games. I was very disappointed when I heard they joined together. Though realistically I’m sure Bioware’s talent did not go anywhere.

Insomniac is a great developing company. I’m anxious to see what they produce next.

WHAT said:

November 1st, 5:06 am

Thanks for given me a reason to keep playing.

JaKhris said:

November 1st, 5:18 am

Ratchet is a must-have for all PS3 possessors, I’m glad there a excellent developpers like Insomniac out there. :)
Good luck with your next game. ;)

gamesblow said:

November 1st, 5:51 am

I hope Resistance 2 is next, but what I hope even more for when it does hit … “RTL” Real time lighting!!! I’d also like to see not so much of a linear path thru the game. All FPs are “or seem to be” Liner… They don’t need to be. I’d love to see Resistance really break that mold and allow branching paths and more than one way to get to the end of the levels.

Jeigh said:

November 1st, 8:32 am

NOOOOOOOO! Aw, you guys! :D I love message you were sending out- helping, sharing, caring! :P Just kidding. Thanks for R&C- I loved and am still loving it! :D

Mort said:

November 1st, 10:02 am

To the whole team at Insomniac: You have every right to feel massive pride in this game. It is awesome, in the true sense of the word

I have been a Ratchet fan from day one. I have purchased and finished every game you guys have put out in this series, and I can honestly say, without hesitation, this is the best one. Games should be about one thing: Fun. This game has fun in spades. I could not put it down.

Thank you so much for the love you craft into all of your games. I also love Resistance, head and shoulders above the rest of the launch titles, and still my second favorite PS3 game. I can’t wait to play it again, this time with rumble. Hopefully, just before Rise of Man comes out………..

Ultima-Bahamut said:

November 1st, 5:53 pm

Awesome.

Ultima-Bahamut said:

November 1st, 5:54 pm

and wowsome

MaxX said:

November 2nd, 12:30 am

Awesome!!!!, the thing that I like about them its that they create their own technology, like their own engines, they don’t go using other peoples game engines.

PS.
GRRRR!!!!!! I Wanna know whats their next game!.

Danny said:

November 4th, 2:34 am

you cant go wrong with Insomniac

b60904 said: